• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on the Master Ball

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
Years
  • I generally just save them for the legendary.. not much use otherwise, even then it's usually the last ball I use. :P

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • I don't use Master balls on roamers, though I'll use them when I'm sick and tired of using 78 Timer balls and still not catching a legend. I have an extra one, but I don't know what to do with it.

Haru

Wolf Simp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    I use it for the story legendary lol.

because my pokemon are usually underleveled lol

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I never used it on anything. I call it a "gamebreaking" ball. Roamers are kinda easy to catch for me, go to one route, check the map, if not, go to the next route/city, return to the route, repeat. Found it? Use a level 100 pokemon with False Swipe/Sleep Powder, repeat. Yea, that's my typical roamer catching strategy.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't think I've used the masterball a lot, it's more of a trophy to me and I can never decide which Pokémon I want to catch in it, so I just leave it in my pc lol (TO PREVENT ME FROM ACCIDENTALY USING IT ON JUNK)

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I never use it, because I never see a Pokemon that piques my interest that is hard to catch enough that a MasterBall is needed

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If I have to capture a legendary to complete the game (e.g. Reshiram/Zekrom), then I'll probably use the Master Ball on that. Otherwise, I normally end up using it on a roaming Pokemon that I want, if indeed I do use it at all. I don't tend to capture many critters that I don't end up using on my team, and since I have an inherent bias against legendaries, I normally don't fight them or just defeat them without capture. Many games have seen the Master Ball just simply not used because of this.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Typically, I'll save it. I don't often use it for the roamers, they basically remained uncaught, unless I have the patience to track them down and legit catch them.

But I save the masterball for that once-in-a-lifetime shiny Graveler or Houndour that'll explode, or roar. It's never happened, but I await the day it does. :)

80s.haircut.man

SuperBanned
    Years
  • Cheap.

I'll be collecting them, moving the total back and forth between save files that I don't feel like erasing at the time (there will always be one game to save all captures and rare items). It'll also be a nice way of seeing how many game resets I've been through.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • They may be a gamebreaker but there are times when you are definitely going to need one. I always have at least one spare just in case I ever run into something like a shiny Voltorb.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    dont really like it cause i cant steal trainer's pokes with it. only keeping it for roamers/self-ko shinies and trades

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I usually save it for the roaming pokemon if im running a legit game.

if im using a cheat game, i use them to catch every single pokemon.

this summarizes what I really do. Usually, when doing the first play of a game, i always cheat 999 master ball and go on catching every Pokemon I see. But during legit runs, it is a must. especially for the genies, the birds, the beasts, and the two dragons. Too bad about that one master ball per game though.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I don't like master balls. It's just too easy if you can catch every 100% of the time.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I like catching my legends with other types of Pokeballs because when others see them they don't think that you took the easy way out. I'll only use my Masterball on either a roamer or the game's mascot. Like others have stated I feel that the Masterball is cheap but I'll use it when I want to finish something quickly. i.e finishing the game so catching the legend that stops that progression. >:C yeah reshiram looking atchu.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • I don't find the Masterball cheap. I used to use it on the game's main legendary as many others, like Dialga for example in Diamond, but now I really just have it lying around because I don't know what to use it on.

Back