• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on trolling

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Trolling, in my book, isn't really that of-the-hook. It's a stable platform, but the thing is, the bad trolls are REALLY annoying. These guys are the ones who go and piss off a certain person, and await their reaction so that they can get a good laugh.

The 'good' trolls are not half trollish, they're just people who make up witty (REALLY witty) internet jokes and sometimes harmless (to a certain extent) pranks while chatting with other people. They really want to give everyone a laugh, as opposed to the bad trolls, who are self-centered.

That way, I think trolling is outlandish, but it's a good way to chill out, and that is the sole reason why the internet forums aren't pressure cookers yet.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    Being a staff member on the Smogon Pokemon Showdown server, I've seen hundreds of trolls in my day...

The sheer influx of bad trolling it receives is horrendous. We do, however, receive the occasional 'good' troll, who livens up the server to a degree. It's like most large communities, really.

Bad trolling is in no way entertaining and is simply annoying, while good trolling is brilliant and leave you with aching sides from laughing excessively!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I think it depends on the context of the trolling.

Giving a silly/controversial answer to a thread about pop culture or something can be pretty funny.

It's the kind of trolls that are disrespectful to the dead, or to serious, current events that bug me. Upsetting people is not big and it's not clever.

Back