• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on trolling

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    What do you think about the "dark side" of the internet culture? Have you ever been trolled, by someone? Are they bastards, or, maybe only sane men on the web?

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well, I used to hate trolls. Ive spent over a decade on the internet and they used to piss me off but one day I was introduced to the dark side and its just so much fun trolling people and pissing them off. I don't do it 24/7 but I will do it to someone who I don't like.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm a troll myself. I only do it to people who thinks they're all that and think they're so smart and badass. Trolling is a good way to piss off people you just hate. And usually when I troll, they just can't think of anything for a comeback with me. I only troll when I have to. With great trolling, comes great responsibility?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Trolls can be amusing, depending on what they do.
    I admittedly have trolled children on another website. More of an annoyance kind of thing, and if they seemed to be getting really ticked off, I left them alone.

The funniest trolls are the ones that are terrible. One person on another forum went after me and started posting things like "your avatar is fat" (my avatar was one of the pre-set ones, so it was anything but an insult). The more mature people came and told us to "stop feeding the trolls" but it was so fun. :D

Last edited:

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • I think trolling a just lame, though I don't see it often.
    But I have trolled once, and I will explain why in a second. I'll just warn you ill seem really nerdy or pathetic or something, but whatever XD
    So if you don't know about quizlet, look it up.
    The five kids in my French class in 8th grade and I decided to make a quizlet group, so we could go there to do work instead of actually getting taught. So we had this whole empire and stuff XD
    Then, one day our group was hacked. So, my friend and I tracked the person down, found their group, made a fake account, and trolled their chat box. We also set high scores on all of their sets, even though most of them pertained to "cute cars" and Spanish, neither of which we knew anything about.
    I don't care how stupid that sounds, it was hysterically fun.
    So yah, that's the only time I ever trolled.

Years
  • I really don't like trolling because often it's an excuse for somebody saying something absolutely mindnumbing. Usually when I have a conversation I like having points being made very clearly, and trolling is just a huge transaction cost if you think about it that way - it just kills conversation because it's not worth the trouble. I mean, if you troll among friends, then it's fine, but if you take it too far the conversation becomes a waste of time. It's funny when it's funny, and it's not funny if you feel like you want to be doing something else. So yeah, trolling is an art, and those are just my thoughts.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Most trolls are idiots with keyboards, simple as that.
    But quality trolls? Oh my goodness, they're amazing and so, so witty.

Every now and then we get a nice, quality troll, but these days, most PC trolls fall under the idiots category. I wish everyone here got to experience PC trolls in their glory days.

Don't troll unless you have some wit. Otherwise, you just come across to everyone else as a clown.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Trolls are just people that have no respect for others.
    Sure, It is funny to berate people on the internet. and making fun just to see their reactions is amusing. But it has its place, If you label yourself as a 'Troll' Your just a loser.
    Your opinion on trolling

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    There are good trolls and bad ones. I think, both of them are needed: the good ones for making discussions lifely and bad ones to actually let them moderators have some work to do (you know 'em: the lazy guys :P)

Yeah I'm a pretty bad troll, but trolling is fun (at least if you don't overdo it, which is really hard, sometimes...)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Trolling is a misunderstood art. Everyone tries so hard to do it but everyone eventually just becomes a jerk. Trolling isn't just about berating someone on the internet or drawing amusement from people's reaction to something that you did, it's all about intelligence and an actual sense of humor.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I see the trolls like this:

1. The amateurs who sprout the label "troll" too obviously and whose only method of trolling is repeating stereotypical troll sayings like "umadbro". Also use "le" too often.
    2. The reasonable trolls who just like to mess with idiots.
    3. The unreasonable troll who messes with anybody for their own amusement.
    4. The one-step-too-far troll who trolls during virtually any circumstance for attention.

I can really only tolerate the 2nd kind of trolls.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm a troll myself. I only do it to people who thinks they're all that and think they're so smart and badass. Trolling is a good way to piss off people you just hate. And usually when I troll, they just can't think of anything for a comeback with me. I only troll when I have to. With great trolling, comes great responsibility?

wow my thighs are quivering in your heroic presence

I don't like trolls on forums. Although PC's memberbase/most forums have thousands upon thousands of juicy targets, I find that trolls get very stale very quickly unless they're genius at what they do. Every time I see a troll on any forum, the same thing happens over and over and everyone forgets about them. However, I have a special love for Omegle trolls and Ken M, for those just don't seem to bore me at all and they churn out pure gold every now and then.

tl;dr forum trolls suck

Years
  • I'm neutral on trolling, even though I never usually partake in any form of it.

I say neutral because I am against it whenever I see trolling going on to those who feel emotionally hurt and don't deserve to be trolled.

However, I also go neutral because I see people/places getting trolled because the victim(s) is(are) the one(s) instigating the trolling. And I will confess that in these instances, I have participated in some trolling. :3c

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I do not care for any kind of troll in the slightest nowadays. If anything I just see them as online jesters and not much else.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • I think it's fine if it's done among friends, as long as it's all just in good fun. But some random person on the internet who just blatantly insults someone with nothing backing their claims just makes me mad.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Trolling can be funny if it's cleverly planned out. If you're a smart person and devise a good prank it can be really funny. An example of that on PC I would say is the Lerroux prank for April Fool's day 2012. It was some really good trolling cause of how well planned out by the staff and almost everyone believe it was a real thing. It's hilarious when smart people can outwit an idiotic troll too. But if you troll just to mess with people just to annoy them or if you troll just for the attention, then you're just kind of stupid.

Back