• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Your opinion when Kukui calls you "cousin" in Pokemon Sun and Moon?

Days
    • She/her
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    I haven't played Pokemon games but i heard that Kukui calls ppl "cousin" in games. What's your opinion on that? My opinion Is that Kukui is my cousin lol 😍👊🏻

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I think it's Hawaiian culture to treat everyone like they're your cousin/use the term cousin as you would a friend. So, it could be just that. They're not actually related.

Years
  • As Palamon said, I remember hearing something similar, when the games were first revealed. That it's just a Hawaiian custom and you are not related to the professor. But I personally never bothered with researching if it's accurate.

Years
  • As Palamon said, I remember hearing something similar, when the games were first revealed. That it's just a Hawaiian custom and you are not related to the professor. But I personally never bothered with researching if it's accurate.
    I used to live in Hawaii and can confirm that people do actually call their friends "cousins", especially more laid back types like Kukui.

Back