• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ohwow! I forgot about the cat! 'Course, I'm biased towards liking it merely because I like the real-life creature it's based off of. And because it's dark type.
    But, yeah, I totally agree with you about our new kitty friend. (:

Yeah same here, im a cat guy so im a tad biased. xD I also like the new dog, but not as much as Growlithe/Arcanine. :D

Years
  • I'm really fond of Denchura and Desukan. That fond that I actually bothered to learn their japanese names, apart from them I don't know any besides the starters' basic forms (although I do prefer the fan names Smugleaf and Wotter for Tsutaja and Mijumaru) and the two legends.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • I think overall I'm a bit disappointed with the designs, but it's mostly because they're so different from the styles of previous generations so its not what I've come to expect. Some of them are actually more well thought out than I've wanted to give them credit for. The more I see of the 5th gen's official art, the more cohesive the generation itself starts to look, and you can tell they've really tried to freshen things up with the designs :)

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
    Years
  • I fell in love with Denchura the moment I saw it.

180px-Denchura.png

I'm also fond of Rankurusu.

Electric Totodile

Totodile used Thunderbolt!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Favorites? Hmm...... so far I guess

Tsutaja
    Pokabu
    Mijumaru
    Futachimaru
    Choroneko
    Mamepato
    Rankurusu
    Kibago
    Wooguru
    Shikjika
    Mebukijika
    Doryuuzu
    Kurumiru
    Hiuappu
    Basurao
    Yooterii
    Zorua

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Chillarmy (ugh, I hate that that's it's official spelling) and Churine are my favorite Sugimori drawings and just happen to be my two favorite Pokémon from Gen V. They're also the only aspects of the generation from keeping me from giving up on it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Chillarmy (ugh, I hate that that's it's official spelling) and Churine are my favorite Sugimori drawings and just happen to be my two favorite Pokémon from Gen V. They're also the only aspects of the generation from keeping me from giving up on it.
    Well Chillarmy is only it's Romanization hopefully it has a better English name than that...
    Well I like the "Celestial" Pokemon or the "Goth" pokemon as you guys know it, Bulbasaur, Blaziken...oh wait those two are old sugimori art works... Pachirisu clone, and Tsutarja :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Just saying, but I obsess over Chillarmy Chiramii on a daily basis, so yes, I know it's only it's Romanization, and that's the upsetting thing, because Romanization > English.

Buuuuuuut, that's slightly OT.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Futachimaru would easily be my pick. Unfortunately his evolution is a very large letdown (imo).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just saying, but I obsess over Chillarmy Chiramii on a daily basis, so yes, I know it's only it's Romanization, and that's the upsetting thing, because Romanization > English.

Buuuuuuut, that's slightly OT.

If you loved Chiramii that much, you could just forget the Romanization exists. :(

But Chiramii is one of the cutest looking Gen 5 Pokemon by far.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My favourite Ken art work so far of Gen 5 is Munna. She looks just the most adorable little floaty squishy thing ever!!! Very pleased with how the design turned out.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm a fan of Mijumaru, Futachimaru, and Rankurusu. All of which I have a hard time spelling their names correctly - except Mijumaru, because I've got that one down packed. Yorterri is another favorite in this region, but only because of personal reasons... and it's cute. n_n;

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Shimama's evolution is up on Serebii, called "Zeburaika." It looks absolutely brilliant. One of the best Generation V Pokemon so far in my opinion.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree <3

It just looks so amazing - an evolution they didn't actually stuff up on. Yorterrie is another example of a good evolution. I think they really reflected the previous Pokemon well.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Meguroko's first evolution's up too. It looks good; hopefully the rumoured "red, more aggressive" final stage turns out that way.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ugh, I hate to say it but most of them revealed so far look really dumb... as hell. I can't believe half of these designs. The ones I like I REALLY like though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I am in love with Bachura <33333333333 It is... sooooo.... cute :33333

AND SWANA'S PRE-EVO. <3333 I just want to hug it, oh my God.

I love waaaay too many.

/really happy with new Pokemon

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I'm sure my White team will look like this:
    Gochimu > Gochiruzeru from GTS.
    (?) > Hoiiga < (?)
    Mamepato >Hatooboo
    Vaporeon from Dream World
    Unless something more awesome will come to the way. x)
    I don't like Meguroko's evolution. It looks like the biggest fail of the series for me,Miruhoggu. Yooteri,Haderia,Tabunne and Hiyappy/Boappu's evolutions are creepy too.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah the monkey evolutions fail for me too. I do like the Water one but that is not the one I'm choosing...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back