• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
  • There's just one Pokemon I'd like to point out which is totally hideous. D:<

Spr_5b_591.png

Morobareru/MoronMushroom is absolutely terrible design and based off of what, a Pokeball and Mushroom? Seriouslym it's like a half-serious, half-derp face and it's colour scheme is horrible. It's pre-evolution is alright though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • There's just one Pokemon I'd like to point out which is totally hideous. D:<

Spr_5b_591.png

Morobareru/MoronMushroom is absolutely terrible design and based off of what, a Pokeball and Mushroom? Seriouslym it's like a half-serious, half-derp face and it's colour scheme is horrible. It's pre-evolution is alright though.
    I don't really like that Pokemon too. It's just too ugly. I don't like one of its Pokedex entries (the one that says that it uses its Poke Ball "shields" to lure in prey, but it doesn't work all the time).

But if EV trained right (competitively),
    it can take hits well.

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    I think they get more weird every generation. I was looking through the list on Serebii earlier and there's a shandelier Pokémon and a coffin Pokémon? There are some cool ones like that electric zebra but all the cool ones seem to have terrible stats. Nevertheless, it still looks like fun to try them all out. Reshiram looks epic.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    And that mushroom would be so much better if it didn't exist and its pre-evo was the only one that did exist. It was adorable on its own! :(
    (Not that I hate the larger mushroom, but yeah, there's a lot worse out there. XD)

Agreed! It's an unnecessary eye sore. It doesn't even deserve to be on a pizza.
    Shhh...it's gonna be ok Tamagetake. We'll get you an everstone.
    590.png

Years
  • Lol, I actually like Amoonguss/Morobareru.
    It's kinda cute, and I might just use it in a team. It kinda reminds me of Parasect in a way, too. :3

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Despite the Hate, I love emboar, mainly due to th Earthquake he makes when you send him out, and he get's Reckless via DW, and several moves to use with it.

If only he got submission, he would have 4 reckless moves, Flare Blitz, Head Smash, Wild Charge, and Submission...

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
  • I really don't like Blitzle's evo. It's rear end really bothers me... Don't think of it as a gross way, I just think it's rear has a little bit too much detail... v.v

But.. I really like Amoongus and Garbadge bag pokemon.. They're so .. unique! :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Despite the Hate, I love emboar, mainly due to th Earthquake he makes when you send him out, and he get's Reckless via DW, and several moves to use with it.

If only he got submission, he would have 4 reckless moves, Flare Blitz, Head Smash, Wild Charge, and Submission...

I like Emboar mainly because I found out it can learn Boiling Water via TM. Seriously, a fire/fighting type final evolution learning a water move through TM is completely amazing.

And yes, when I get one, I'll be teaching it that attack. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I like Emboar since the start as I have a thing for Fire/Fighting types, haha they have all turned out to be strong members of my team so far so Emboar is likely to follow suit :)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Lol, I actually like Amoonguss/Morobareru.
    It's kinda cute, and I might just use it in a team. It kinda reminds me of Parasect in a way, too. :3

I like it too. It looks like a real protector of it's tiny pre evo. I mean at least I think so, because of its arms looking like shields and all....

EDIT:::;

Twisted Puppy:--- Lol It does!! The head XD LOL! Oh well, it is still cute (and so is Leia <3)

Forever:--- lol XD I STILL DIS AGREE THOUGH!! Shimama is too cute for Girafarig :(

Last edited:

Undead Zodiac

The Uncommon Inventor
    Years
  • When I first heard that there was going to be a fire/bug type I was a little iffy on what it was going to look like. First, thought of a firefly, then a bombardier beetle, but when I saw it, it's move pool and stats I totally flipped and it instantly became my favorite Pokemon.

Then I heard of a water/ghost type and that it's some-kind of jellyfish and my mind went ballistic with imagination on what it'll look like, then saw it and it instantly became most disappointed, next to the ice-cream Pokemon.

So my favorite is Volcarona and least favorite(s) is Jellicent/
    Vanilluxe.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I don't really know about my favorites yet, and as for least favorite...Actually I find the starters REALLY UGLY. And a good half of other new pokemon too. There are nice looking ones too, but sheesh..too much ugliness.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Forever:--- lol XD I STILL DIS AGREE THOUGH!! Shimama is too cute for Girafarig :(

Fine, be that way! Don't you mean Shikijika? looooool.

When I first heard that there was going to be a fire/bug type I was a little iffy on what it was going to look like. First, thought of a firefly, then a bombardier beetle, but when I saw it, it's move pool and stats I totally flipped and it instantly became my favorite Pokemon.
    I don't really like Volcarona. :(
    (I'm probably the only one)

It's just not what I wanted in a fire bug. There were...so many other choices of what it could've been. Just a moth and fire... doesn't really mix. XD Now something like a praying mantis instead of leavanny as a fire type would've been muuuch better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• Fine, be that way! Don't you mean Shikijika? looooool.

It's just not what I wanted in a fire bug. There were...so many other choices of what it could've been. Just a moth and fire... doesn't really mix. XD Now something like a praying mantis instead of leavanny as a fire type would've been muuuch better.
    [/size]
    IMO, a fire moth is a cool concept. I've always wanted to see a Bug/Fire Pokemon because of this monster. I'm glad GF made Larvesta/Meraruba and Volcarona/Ulgamoth because of this.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• Fine, be that way! Don't you mean Shikijika? looooool.

[/size]

DX Right when I finally forgot about it!

Volcarona isn't exactly the prettiest pokemon XD Okay it reminds me of Vespiquen, who wins the ugly bug contest (Volcarona has an evil face like Vespiquen!) buut I reckon it still looks pretty cool. I think they picked a fire moth because it is so easy to work with, with the fire and bug type. Second choice was probably a butterfly. I mean it is easy interpret the fire type into the design of colourful insects, mainly through their wings, which was done to Volcarona, so a fire moth would have been an obvious choice. A praying Mantis would have been really cool too, but hard to work with. Making the fire type in its design would be really hard.

I love Volcarona because it also reminds me of a cocoon/pod (because of Volcarona's body shape) in the lava of a volcano which forms into like the goddess of the volcano. I only just found out it was the Sun Pokemon.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • 535.png

I find this Pokemon and its entire evolutionary line unappealing. The only thing I like about them is the blue. xD Otherwise, they all look really dumb. And they don't even have good stats or a decent moveset to compensate for their looks either. >_>

I first saw him when pokexperto was leaking designs on his Twitter. I didn't mind him at first, in fact, I kind of liked him.
    Someone mentioned how oddly human-like his face was...and now he creeps me out a bit. I don't like his evolutions much either. They seem like a really ugly version of the Poliwag family.

619.png
    620.png

These two caught my eye immediately and I can't wait to train them. I never liked fighting Pokemon, they never appealed to me aesthetically. These two are nothing short of beautiful though.

556.png

I'm pretty curious about this one too. I've heard next to nothing about it, which means I'll definitely have to catch one and try it out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back