• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Juuust was looking at the art posted at PokeBeach that was leaked. I love the grey bulldog thing (apart of the musketeer trio), it looks hell awesome. Virizon looks... not that bad, but the blue one? God it looks so weird. D: As for the clouds... I still dislike their colouring, though the blue one looks best imo, so yeah. The others are kinda weird and look less copy+paste in the Sugimori art though, so yeah. As for the rest, I can now see how Kojondo evolves from its previous evolution. And... as for Maggyo? It doesn't look as bad as everybody thinks. And! The ant. Omg, it looks so evil and awesome and yeah it's sooo awesome. My opinions of Kyurem are now positive, because the art isn't that bad tbh when compared to the sprites. Oh and I still dislike Tsunbear's fur. Um, and for the pre-evolution of the golem thing that can learn fly... I think it's pretty awesome looking. And! The aliens have eyes? ;; Creeepy. XD Oh and btw, Gear's final evolution looks terrible, that pink thing... D:

I think we've pretty much seen most of the Sugimori art, iirc, now.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Juuust was looking at the art posted at PokeBeach that was leaked. I love the grey bulldog thing (apart of the musketeer trio), it looks hell awesome. Virizon looks... not that bad, but the blue one? God it looks so weird. D: As for the clouds... I still dislike their colouring, though the blue one looks best imo, so yeah. The others are kinda weird and look less copy+paste in the Sugimori art though, so yeah. As for the rest, I can now see how Kojondo evolves from its previous evolution. And... as for Maggyo? It doesn't look as bad as everybody thinks. And! The ant. Omg, it looks so evil and awesome and yeah it's sooo awesome. My opinions of Kyurem are now positive, because the art isn't that bad tbh when compared to the sprites. Oh and I still dislike Tsunbear's fur. Um, and for the pre-evolution of the golem thing that can learn fly... I think it's pretty awesome looking. And! The aliens have eyes? ;; Creeepy. XD Oh and btw, Gear's final evolution looks terrible, that pink thing... D:

I think we've pretty much seen most of the Sugimori art, iirc, now.

That blue one does look a little less awkward in the art though. Its head is still too small XD

The genies are still unappealing to me. I will never forgive the genies for being three separate pokes. Never.

Ainto (or whatever it is called) has always appealed to me, and I love its art. Imagine being trapped in it's ant nest!

Maggyo still is a derp, lol. I don't hate it though. It is so odd you can't hate the poor little guy.

washibon Looks cute as per usual. I like how it's head is slightly tilted.

That guy between the ant and Washibon is just so pro looking. A girlie fighting type that kicks ass :P

Spoiler:

I know this isnt the art thread but I though it would be easier if I just have an image to describe them off.

Little Trash Bag actually looks cute. Not that I would ever touch it, but look how it is looking up at you <3

Candle is just typically cute again

Electric fishie's mouth is weird. It is a funny square shape, it shows how it latches on to your flesh with it's mouth. ick.

Doreida and Elfoon look sassy there, I always think those leaves dangling down Doreida's head are its arms :x

The middle evo of the froggies copped some hate, but it is just sooooooooooooo cute there. It is now one of my favourites <3 You can so easily imagine it jumping side ways into the water. Better than Poliwag I must say.

Iwaperasu <3 My favvvv for now. I just got addicted to it because it is so strange. A giant rock crab lol I love it! I just wish there were some clear Sugimori art works of it so badly :(

The little ducky is just adorable putting its hand up like that.

Longpostislong

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I saw the artworks for the musketeer and raijin trios. Terrakion looks just...awesome in its Sugimori artwork; it looks like it can trample you at any moment. Cobalon still looks a bit awkward, but I can live with it. I don't like the raijin trio that much simply because they're lookalikes of each other.

King Gumball

Years
    I thought I'd mention this here, since along with Pokébeach's photos, Bulbanews just announced on twitter the Official Sugimori Artwork for almost all of the B/W Pokémon. :)

Iwaparesu is thereee :)
    Spoiler:

But
    Spoiler:

He is so cute. I love the bubbles on his head XD

This little guys mouth is weird. Makes him look all the more cuter IMO
    Spoiler:

Marowak10

Skull Wearer
    Years
    Oh yeah, totally Gigaiaisu. I though he was like a dusk stone evolution of Nosepass too, like how there is Snorunt, then Frosslass OR Glalie.

King Gumball

Years
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

It really brings out... her leg. She looks like she is about to topple over. Overall a funky looking pokemon, but she is just so weak in battling ;o;

Is that an eye in the middle? The poor thing! What if someone pokes it in the eye! And what are those things poking out of its body? Maybe it rolls over pokemon, injecting venom as it does so.

This pose is dreadful. It has such a cute smiling face, but it is such a boring uninteresting pose, like it wants a dance partner. It is a greatly designed Pokemon, and I feel they should have shown off its offense in a nicer stance.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    XD
    The genies are still in identical poses, just from different angles!
    Everybody was hoping for the Sugimori artwork to at least be different poses.
    NO IT'S NOT.
    I can't help but laugh.
    This makes me even less fond of the raijin trio.

If I had to pick between the three, I'd go with Landlos because he learns good moves by level up.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sugimori_art_of_Generation_V_Pok%C3%A9mon_revealed

Oh my goodness. :3
    I love how most of these Pokemon are just copies of previous ones, but at the same time, they're completely unique! Which, come to think of it, that's how it's ALWAYS been...xDD
    Like Machop and Dokkura. Or Poliwag and Otamaru. xDD

WE FINALLY GET A SEA TURTLE.(Purutoga) And a mummy. (Desukaan)...Creepy. And...ICE CREAM? (Vanipeti) xDDD And...a polar bear!! (Kumasyun) D'awww... I could go on, but I'll spare you. :3

Last edited:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    This generation introduced a lot of Pokemon that I absolutely love. Doryuuzu, Kirikizan, Goruggo, Wargle, Denchura, Ononokus, Shandera... I could go on. Despite initially going "whoa what" when I saw all the new designs, I think that was really just shock at some of the things we got. I wasn't really expecting a trash bag Pokemon, but I really like how it looks. For the most part, this new generation grew on me incredibly quickly.

The only one I really don't have a whole lot of love for is Maggyo. I'll admit its looks have a bit to do with it, but the official art made it look better. I was just hoping for something more impressive for the first Ground/Electric type.

I can understand a little bit of the fury over the djinn/kami/whathaveyou trio, but lots of trios have a basic shape with a few differences, it's just more so with these guys. What really bothers me is how they're male but somehow Meloetta is genderless. What.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The only one I really don't have a whole lot of love for is Maggyo. I'll admit its looks have a bit to do with it, but the official art made it look better. I was just hoping for something more impressive for the first Ground/Electric type.
    What bothers me is on how Maggyo is based on a flounder, which is a marine animal when it's Ground/Electric, which should've been weak to Water in the first place. They could've designed it into something else other than that, IMO.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    After seeing the Sugimori art of all of this generations Pokemon I can honestly say that there is not a single Pokemon that I dont care for, though I do have my favorites. I will fully embrace them all once the games are released in the US. I'm just as excited as I was before the games were released to know all of the English names.

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    What I like about it is this is what pokemon should look like. Design ideas very similar to the first 2 generations. It kinda reminds me of gen 3, a good mix of new and old school.

XenoKarp

Workin' for that Lvl. 20
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    After seeing the Sugimori art of all of this generations Pokemon I can honestly say that there is not a single Pokemon that I dont care for, though I do have my favorites. I will fully embrace them all once the games are released in the US. I'm just as excited as I was before the games were released to know all of the English names.

This.

And yes, after showing my doubter-friends the Sugimori Art, they ate their words about "these pokemon don't look like pokemon".

I can honestly say I've never been as much pleased overall towards any other generation of Pokemon when they've been released. And 4th even introduced a lot of awesome evolutions. GameFreak was bold in going all new with a completely fresh set of Pokemon, and I have to say they've definitely delivered.

I mean come on, can you really say no to that crab thing with that friggin huge sandstone on its back? I had a good lolfest that lasted about five minutes due to all sorts of feelings. Mostly happiness; mostly because of how much I felt I loved GameFreak at that moment.

In short, Gen V's pokemon are awesome. I can hardly wait.

Oh and Magikarps.

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
    And yes, after showing my doubter-friends the Sugimori Art, they ate their words about "these pokemon don't look like pokemon".

This is what happened to me. After seeing the starters' evos I was very disappointed. Now that I have had the chance to see all the new pokemon I really like it. Infact I think they look more like "pokemon" then those of the 4th Generation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back