• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your own preference in Pokemon

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • So, what do you look for in a pokemon, if you so choose to make it a favourite pokemon?

For example, I would probably look at the art more than its stats; like deeeear Milotic, and Flygon~ Also the moves; I look to see if it has a quite good movepool.

To repeat the question in different words: what would you prefer in pokemon? The art? The stats? The origins? The legends behind it? And so on.

dancingonlandmines

Hanging on a moment with you.
    Years
  • My favorite pokemon are usually cute ones often with bad stats, the art really decides it for me, however to really be considered one of my favorites we have to share some kind of special moment together.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Usability - Moves, Stats
    Appearance
    Typing
    What they are based upon.

That's about it when I am looking for a pokemon too meet my interests.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • They have to look decent but they must have at least decent stats. Hence I wouldn't consider using anything that's not in its final form, but at the same time, I don't just go for the ones with the highest stats... I simply can't picture myself using Pokemon like Salamence, Tyranitar, or Garchomp, despite their strength.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wouldn't have as a favorite a Pokemon that can't even be used ingame, since most can. Design is also pretty important to me, I love Pokemon that look elegantly strong, like Volcarona. :3

Years
  • The design and appearance are more important to me than stats or moves. I also like when there's a certain, special something extra about one that you can't really classify, like how Stunfisk is just a silly idea that came out as something I initially didn't like but has since grown on me a lot.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I like a lot, but most of my favorites tend to reflect, um, sleek-ness? Like, Scizor and Manectric are probably my absolute favorites of all-time. And sometimes favorites come out of nowhere, like when one of my in-game Pokémon are just doing really amazingly well (Scrafty, for example) or one of my favorites to use in competitive battling (like Terrakion), or just completely random for no reason (Camerupt). I dunno, I usually start off being neutral with most Pokémon and grow to like them for different reasons. I don't have a specific preference or thing I look for when deciding which ones are my favorites.

(>-.-)>

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    First the art, second the movepool, and then the origins and the legends behind it.
    For example Garchomp has a good movepool but I don't like its design, so I don't use it.

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
    Years
  • My preference in Pokemon is mainly decided by what the Pokemon is based off of. I like Pokemon that are based off of animals. (Or in Lapras case, "mythical" creatures/dinosaurs.)

Scythemantis

retiredededed
    Years
  • I like Pokemon based on their design and concept, and do my best to make as good a team as possible out of those that appeal to me. Unfortunately for me, those don't make a good team...if I only used my top six favorites my team would be Gloom, Parasect, Garbodor, Eelektross, Weezing and Magcargo. I love what other people would consider ugly, creepy monsters, but Gamefreak doesn't like to make those very competitive...

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    My favorite is quite random actually. But most of them have good design. Stat comes second, although I can't take those who have very low stat such as Beedril into an actual team. Rather, I put pokemon like those to my "Dream" Team.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I usually like pokemon who are good at competitive battling and has good attack/speed stats for sweeping, but I sometimes like random pokemon that are near worthless competitively (ex. Farfetch'd, Sunkern)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • To qualify to be my favorite Pokemon the first thing that this Pokemon must pass is their typing, if you are not a Ghost type Pokemon then you can't be any of my favorite Pokemon. The second comes with the design; cool design and that means that I love the Pokemon

:t354:TG

Ieyasu

This statement is false
    Years
  • Usually, the art, though types come into play some. Many of my favourites are Water or Grass types. As a result, many of my favourites are similar in design or typing.

Stats and moves, though, are not an issue. If my personal favourite stinks, I'll take time to turn it into a decent fighter so I can use it in competitive battling. (If I can.)

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • They fit into my team's strengths and weakness pool nicely.
    They look cool (but not always)
    Their stats are spot on.
    Their moveset kicks butt.

Back