• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Past and Present Starters

kit

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    crystal:cyndaquil
    gold:totodile / then chikorita
    ruby:torchic
    sapphire:mudkip
    emerald:treeko
    firered:charmander
    diamond:piplup

I have replayed some games though but these are my original choices.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Emerald - Torchic
    Sapphire - Treeko
    Ruby - Mudkip
    Diamond - Piplup
    Pearl - Turtwig
    LeafGreen - Bulbasaur
    Platinum - Turtwig

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    In Sapphire and Emerald, I chose Treeko and Torchic, respectively. Mudkip is too overrated.

In Crystal and Silver, I chose Tododile. He was a cute, little partner. Well, until he evolved. XD

Hm.... if I have D/P/P, I would've gone with Chimchar.

Red, Firered, and Leafgreen was all Bubasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, respectevly.

dutchmuffin77

...not dutch
    Years
    red-charmander
    silver-totodile
    crystal-cyndaquil
    ruby-treecko
    leafgreen-charmander
    firered-"
    pearl-piplup
    rubydestiny :] - treecko

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yellow: Pikachu
    Silver: Cyndaquil, Chikorita
    Crystal: Totodile, Cyndaquil
    Ruby: Treeko, Mudkip, Torchic
    Sapphire: Torchic, Mudkip, Treeko
    Emerald: Torchic, Treeko, Mudkip

I try to tryout all of the starters in the game, but sometimes I get too attached to the one I first chose.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    red-charmander
    blue-squirtle
    yellow-pikachu
    gold-cyndaquil
    crystal-totodile
    leaf green-bulbasaur
    pearl-piplup
    platinum-chimchar

Tear

here
    Years

red-squirtle
    blue-squirtle
    yellow-pikachu
    gold-chikorita
    crystal-totodile
    leaf green-charmander
    pearl-piplup

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    Blue: Bulbasaur- Despite being 10ish when I played, I did the math and found that he made the game easy so naturally I picked the easiest route.

Yellow: Do I need to say it?

Gold: Cyndaquil- I think it was just a random pick, probably because I thought he looked the coolest.

Sapphire: Torchic- After Cyndaquil, I fell in love with fire-types so made sense I picked a fire type in the next game I played.

Fire Red: Charmander- My friend swears by him so I caved in and didn't pick good old Bulbasaur.

Emerald: Mudkip- I wanted to try something new in my second play through of Hoenn and I despise Treeko's design.

Pearl: Turtwig- I thought the others looked too cute to be serious Pokemon. I kind of regretted the choice though.

Platinum: Chimchar- After hearing how badass the Pokemon becomes in his final form, I had to try it out for myself. Feels like Torchic all over lol.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    i think ive always started a generation with its fire starter except for pearl, where i now have a 50 something empoleon, but i might even delete that game and go for infernape (fire mokey ftw xD)

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    I swear I posted in this thread once.. o.o Whatever.

Blue: Err... I can't completely remember. I think it was Squirtle or Charmander.
    Gold: Cyndaquil. Every time.
    Ruby: Torchic.
    LeafGreen: I plan on restarting with Squirtle, but last time around I chose Bulbasaur.
    Pearl: Piplup this time around, and the first time I played I chose Piplup.
    Emerald: Mudkip.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2009
    Color Games(including FireRed and LeafGreen), Charmander. Frankly, I chose Charmander cuz Charizard was the coolest.
    Metal Games, Silver-Cyndaquil, Gold-Totodile. Both are good starters. and Crystal's one of the three Pokemon games I never owned.
    Ruby- Mudkip, Sapphire-Mudkip.
    Diamond-Chimchar, Pearl-Turtwig. Turtwig's the only Grass starter I ever liked.

Back