• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    My Pkmn Team

My Poke'mon team is, just looking at my Ruby version right now to remind me.

Metagross (Meta) Lv. 98
    -Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Psychic
    -Take Down

Blaziken (Solarflare) Lv. 93
    -Overheat
    -Flamethrower
    -Mirror Move
    -Sky Uppercut

Tyranitar (Tyran) Lv. 91
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Thrash
    -Crunch

Groudon (Grodon) Lv. 90
    -Eruption
    -Earthquake
    -Fissure
    -Solarbeam

Kyogre (Kio) Lv. 92
    -Sheer Cold
    -Ice Beam
    -Hydro Pump
    -Water Spout

Dragonite (Draco) Lv. 91
    -Outrage
    -Ice Beam
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Claw

If anyone has any suggestions for improving my party I would love to hear it.:D

Years
    Bowser - Male Blastoise (The Starter/Team Captain)
    Level: 59

Skull BashSurf
    Blizzard
    Hydro Cannon

Brave Nature

Sparky - Male Raichu (Second Capture of the Game)
    Level: 59

Thunderbolt
    Flash
    Thunder
    Rock Smash

Jolly Nature

Ruby - Female Rapidash (Team Mom)
    Level: 54

Overheat
    Bounce
    Fire Blast
    Solarbeam

Relaxed Nature

Garth - Male Gengar (Loose Canon)
    Level: 50

Shadow Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Strength

Naughty Nature

Bullfrog - Male Venusaur (New Guy)
    Level: 44

Razor Leaf
    Sleep Powder
    Growth
    Cut

Modest Nature

Cubby - Male Cubone (The Rookie)
    Level: 20

Bonemerang
    Headbutt
    False Swipe
    Bone Club

Gentle Nature

That's the team...working on getting levels up.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I've recently taken three pokemon out of my Steel team: Claydol, Armaldo (shane was right, this guy has way too many weaknesses), and Cradily (this guy serves no purpose besides a wall and a Toxic-er). Notice the three are all which were of the non-Steel type. hahaha

I've replaced them with two Steel pokemon at the moment:

Magneton and Steelix

Could anyone give me suggested EVs and movesets for Steelix? I got some for Magneton already from Shane, so I'm just looking to make use of Steelix's amazing defense and surprisingly high attack. This is what I'm thinking for Steelix:

- Iron Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - ???

Also would anyone like to suggested a final pokemon to add to my team? It must be of the Steel type, naturally. ;-) But sadly there's a lack of decent Steel pokemon. I was considering Mawile [female, impish] (my favourite Steel pokemon, BTW... I <3 Mawile) if for anything a good Baton Passer, which is really the only thing my dearest Mawile is good for, besides, of course, her charm and good looks LMAO. But most likely Scizor would be a good addition to my set, when talking in terms of pure power.

Any Steely ideas?

Years
    Graceofbaal

For your Steelix graceofbaal I would suggest Iron Defense to ,as you said, take advantage of you Poke'mon's defensive abilities. Since the rest of your moves are all offensive I would think that it yould be a good idea to have a defensive move in case you come across a Poke'mon more powerful than you Steelix. No offense to your Steelix of coarse.

I personally would go with Scizor if you wanted a very powerful team but if you feel that the rest of your team is powerful enough and since you adore Mawile then I would go with the Poke'mon that you love. I used to have an Absol in my party because I love Absols but it was holding the rest of my party back so I replaced it for a Tyranitar.

These are just my opinions so I wouldn't worry about them too much.:nervous:

Years
    This is my current team on Emerald. i only just started on Saturday.

Swampert
    Lv:51
    Nature:Naive
    Item:None

Movesets:
    Ice Beam
    Mud Shot/Earthquake(when i get the TM for it)
    Rock Tomb/don't know anything to replace it with.
    Surf

Castform
    Lv:48
    Nature:Relaxed
    Item:Mystic Water

Movestets:
    Return
    Blizzard
    Rain Dance
    Thunder

Aggron
    Lv:45
    Nature:Quiet
    Item:None

Movesets:
    Iron Tail
    Protect
    Strength
    ???????

Swellow
    Lv:39
    Nature:Bold
    Item:Cleanse Tag

Movesets:
    Fly
    Endeavour
    Secret Power
    Aerial Ace

This is my current party. is it good as i am on the 5th floor inside Mt. Pyre and i still haven't take on Team Aqua.

I also have a Wobbuffett and Kirlia in the Day-Care. I think Wobbuffett(Wiki) is level 40 and Kirlia is level 30.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Please include natures if you are looking for suggestions, since the nature of a Poke can dictate the best moveset for it. In lieu of natures, I will include what they should be. Fixes in bold:
    My Poke'mon team is, just looking at my Ruby version right now to remind me.

Metagross @ Choice Band(Meta) Lv. 98
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Meteor Mash
    - Explosion
    - Shadow Ball

Metagross is one helluva physical sweeper. Psychic isn't needed here since a CB + STAB Meteor Mash hurts just as bad. Explosion is for when Metagross is weak or you have something you need cleared out of the way.

Blaziken @ Leftovers/White Herb(Solarflare) Lv. 93
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Fire Blast/Overheat
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance

- Sky Uppercut

Two Fire moves are redundant, especially when you can have Rock Slide to counter its big Flying weakness. Swords Dance to make this thing a good physical sweeper too. White Herb gives you a free Overheat usage, but you should have Leftovers with Tyranitar on the team.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers(Tyran) Lv. 91
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

- Crunch

Meet Tyraniboah. This thing causes pain both physically and mentally....errrrr specially. A much better closer, unless you give it some Wish support.

Groudon @ Leftovers(Grodon) Lv. 90
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Rock Slide

- Earthquake
    - Fire Blast/Substitute
    - Swords Dance

Meh. If you are having Groudon here, then Blaziken is absolutely useless since Groudon does everything it can better and it doesn't get hurt by Sandstorm. That moveset though is making Groudon get teased by all its friends. QuakeSlide (Earthquake + Rock Slide) damages almost all Pokes in some fashion. Fire Blast or Sub is preference. Swords Dance, like Blaziken allows Groudon to rip through entire teams. That is why it is the best uber.

Kyogre @ Leftovers(Kio) Lv. 92
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind

- Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Thunder

Again, pretty sad moveset. Are you aware that its Drizzle Trait makes Thunder 100% accurate? That makes it a MUST on a Kyoober. Sheer Cold is a crappy move, and Hydro Pump and Water Spout are not necessary. Between its nature and its Trait, Surf works just fine, especially after a Calm Mind boost. Standard team wrecker. Personally, I would take out both it and Groudon and make the team more balanced.

Dragonite @ Leftovers(Draco) Lv. 91
    Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake/Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder

Dragonite is much happier being a physical sweeper than a special one (base 134 Atk compared to base 100 SAtk), but it can special sweep just as well. The second slot is preference.

If anyone has any suggestions for improving my party I would love to hear it.:D
    What I would suggest, if you insist on keeping your ubers, is to replace Dragonite with Lugia. Lugia is a terrific tank that can handle both physical and speical attacks like nothing. It is cheap as hell (as are the other two, but it is your team.) Otherwise, I would remove the two uber Pokes and add good defensive walls like Blissey, Skarmory, Snorlax, Forretress, or even Umbreon.

I've recently taken three pokemon out of my Steel team: Claydol, Armaldo (shane was right, this guy has way too many weaknesses), and Cradily (this guy serves no purpose besides a wall and a Toxic-er). Notice the three are all which were of the non-Steel type. hahaha

I've replaced them with two Steel pokemon at the moment:

Magneton and Steelix

Could anyone give me suggested EVs and movesets for Steelix? I got some for Magneton already from Shane, so I'm just looking to make use of Steelix's amazing defense and surprisingly high attack. This is what I'm thinking for Steelix:

- Iron Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - ???

Steelix @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturcy
    EVs: 252 HP / 112 Attk or Def / 136 SDef / 8 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Slide
    - Toxic/Roar

Steelix is a great option as a physical wall since it is immune to both Toxic and Thunder Wave. While still outclassed by Skarmory in many respects, Steelix can be good in-game since it can actually do something effective while it is walling.

Also would anyone like to suggested a final pokemon to add to my team? It must be of the Steel type, naturally. ;-) But sadly there's a lack of decent Steel pokemon. I was considering Mawile [female, impish] (my favourite Steel pokemon, BTW... I <3 Mawile) if for anything a good Baton Passer, which is really the only thing my dearest Mawile is good for, besides, of course, her charm and good looks LMAO. But most likely Scizor would be a good addition to my set, when talking in terms of pure power.

Any Steely ideas?
    Scizor would definitely be your best addition. Being able to BP buffed Atk (and/or Spd, especially to Metagross) would be valuable to your team. Being mono-type, you are going to want to attack hard and fast since you can easily beat beaten.

This is my current team on Emerald. i only just started on Saturday.

Swampert
    Lv:51
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry

Movesets:
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Rest/Protect
    - Surf

Swampert learns Earthquake naturally at Lv52, so you don't need to waste the TM on it. Rest works great in the third slot (you can also get a free turn using Rest by equipping Chesto Berry), or you can use Protect. BTW - the natures are just suggestions for the future, unless you would be willing to breed for them now.

Castform
    Item: Leftovers

Movestets:
    - Weather Ball
    - Ice Beam

- Rain Dance
    - Thunder

Castform is really cool, but its stats aren't quite good enough to truly be effective. Weather Ball is great since its type and power change to the weather, making it a Water move when using Rain Dance.

Aggron
    Lv:45
    Item: Leftovers

Movesets:
    - Focus Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave/Double-Edge

Aggron can be a good physical attack in-game, since the weak AI doesn't take advantage of its huge weaknesses the way a real person would. SubPunch is a good combo here. Thunder Wave is good since it not only makes Aggron attack first, but you can use it to get a Sub up by waiting until your opponent hit a turn they are paralyzed. The other option is Double-Edge, but only if its Trait is Rock Head.

Swellow
    Lv:39
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk) / Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    Item: Choice Band

Movesets:
    - Aerial Ace
    - Facade
    - Return
    - Steel Wing/Sleep Talk

Swellow can be another effective physical sweeper, especially with its Triat. Guts will boost its Atk by 1.5 when it is statused. Avoid putting a crap move like Fly on one of your regular Pokes though. Get a Tropius and stick it on that. Pull it out of your PC whenever you need to use it and then put it back when you are done. Facade + Guts REALLY hurts other Pokes. The fourth slot is preference. Sleep Talk activates Guts (not Facade), so it is always good to switch this in against a Poke that loves to put things to sleep (Jigglypuff). Steel Wing though lets it cover its Rock weakness.

This is my current party. is it good as i am on the 5th floor inside Mt. Pyre and i still haven't take on Team Aqua.

I also have a Wobbuffett and Kirlia in the Day-Care. I think Wobbuffett(Wiki) is level 40 and Kirlia is level 30.
    Personally, I would take out Kirlia and start using it immediately (Calm Mind/Hypnosis/Psychic/Thunderbolt). Wobbuffet isn't worth your time, tbh. A good defensive Poke (like Ludicolo or Milotic) would help out your greatly as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2007
    Ok then, here is my team:

Gyarados Lvl 100, Quiet nature.
    Holding: Mystic Water
    Hydro Pump
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Arcanine Lvl 100, Lonely nature.
    Holding: Charcoal
    Flamethrower
    Extremespeed
    Sunny Day
    Fire Blast

Nidoking Lvl 100, Serious nature.
    Holding: Poison Barb
    Horn Attack
    Horn Drill
    Earthquake
    Toxic

Tyranitar Lvl 100, Calm nature.
    Holding: Hard Stone
    Ancient Power
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Thunderbolt

Dragonite Lvl 100, Lonely nature.
    Holding: Dragon Fang
    Wing Attack
    Outrage
    Blizzard
    Dragon Claw

Ampharos Lvl 100, Lax nature.
    Holding: Magnet
    Thunder
    Reflect
    Thunderbolt
    Iron Tail

All hatched in Pallet Town, as you can see from Tyranitar, all of them breeded. All males.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    I'm working on a team now so I'll leave the levels off, but anyone have any constructive criticism I'd appreciate it! I've made the best I can W/O legends and the like.

Tyranitar w/Leftovers
    EV atk.250 def.180 hp.80
    Scary Face
    Crunch
    Return
    Ancientpower

Starmie w/Twisted Spoon
    EV sp. atk.250 spd.110 sp. def.75 def.75
    Psychic
    Water Pulse
    Ice Beam
    Skill Swap

Flygon w/Leftovers
    EV sp. atk.250 atk.250 spd.10
    Hyperbeam
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Iron Tail

Dodrio w/Scope Lens
    EV atk.250 spd.150 def.110
    Drill Peck
    Double Team
    Taunt
    Tri Attack

Vile Plume w/Scope Lens
    EV sp. atk.250 atk.180 spd.80
    Aromatherapy
    Giga Drain
    Solarbeam
    Sludge Bomb

Blaziken w/Scope Lens
    EV atk.250 hp.100 sp. atk.160
    Fire Blast
    Focus Punch
    Roar
    Sunnyday

Break it down!!! but be nice
    :D

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    PLEASE include natures and traits when you post your team, especially when you want suggestions. A nature/trait can have an affect on a Poke's moveset. Also, ALWAYS make sure your EVs are divisible by FOUR. As for your team, fixes in bold:
    I'm working on a team now so I'll leave the levels off, but anyone have any constructive criticism I'd appreciate it! I've made the best I can W/O legends and the like.

Tyranitar w/Leftovers
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Aerial Ace
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

After one Dragon Dance, this should be faster than most things you will encounter in-game. It can sweep entire teams. AA is for its HUGE Fighting weakness.

Starmie @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    EVs: 42 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt

All-out attacker. Psychic isn't needed since the other three provide proper coverage. Timid to make it as fast as possible. Also, don't use held items that only affect one type of move. They are too limited to be of much use.

Flygon w/Leftovers/Choice Band

- Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw/Fire Blast/Quick Attack/Screech
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute

Avoid crappy two-turn attacks like Hyper Beam, especially on Flygon. It can do more damage with one Earthquake attack (150 AP with STAB) in one turn than it can with one HB attack (150 base AP) that takes two turns. Plus, EQ is 100% accurate while HB is not. Substitute rules on Flygon, if you aren't good at predicting. Its defenses will help keep Sub up long enough for you to cause serious pain. Quick Attack is an Egg move, but it comes in handy to finish off weak Pokes before they do anything. Screech allows Flygon to hurt things that normally resist it.(

Dodrio w/Choice Band

- Drill Peck
    - Quick Attack
    - Return
    - Steel Wing

Dodrio is another excellent physical sweeper. It needs max Atk and Spd (as all sweepers do). Return is for max STAB and Quick Attack, like Flygon, gives it a good finishing move. Steel Wing is inaccurate, but since this is in-game there aren't many other options. Choice Band and Adamant are preferred.

Vile Plume w/Scope Lens
    EV sp. atk.250 atk.180 spd.80
    Aromatherapy
    Giga Drain
    Solarbeam
    Sludge Bomb

You already have two big Ice weaknesses. I wouldn't suggest Vileplume. I would use Blissey, Snorlax, or Umbreon instead. BlissLax are great special walls, and both can withstand some physical hits too, with some help. Umbreon can handle both physical and special hits, but it shouldn't be attacking anything. It is purely a utility Poke.

Blaziken w/Leftovers/Shell Bell/White Herb
    EVs: not sure
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Fire Blast/Overheat
    - Rock Slide
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Swords Dance

I would avoid Sunny Day on Blaziken. If you want to buff up attacks, I would go with Swords Dance to buff up its physical attacks, since it is a better physical attacker anyway. RS is to cover its Flying weakness, and that is why it is Hasty as well. Not sure about the EV spread since I don't bother using this thing. Heracross can do so much more. Plus you already have better physical attackers anyway. A strong physical wall would work well here.

Break it down!!! but be nice
    :D
    I know that sweeper teams can destroy anything in-game, but it is still faulty strategy. Good defensive Pokes are ALWAYS needed, especially if you ever want to battle others using the WiFi feature of the DS and not get owned every single time. Good luck!

KB_Kronic

Breeder
    Years
    My Sapphire team is

Umbreon: lvl.83
    Espeon: lvl.72
    Jolteon: lvl.72
    Flareon: lvl.80
    Vaporeon: lvl.85
    Crobat: lvl.82

Yeah i know its old School but what can i say i love that team its been winning games since Gold/Silver and if it's not broke don't fix it.

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    Here's my current Ruby team. My sis is playing Sapphire and I might post her team as well later on.

Groudon/Groudon @ Soft Sand (Lv. 53)
    Lax Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Slash
    - Rest

Salamence/Salamence (M) @ Nothing (Lv. 58)
    Impish Nature
    - Dragonbreath
    - Fly
    - Earthquake

Rayquaza/Rayquaza @ Focus Band (Lv. 100)
    Hasty Nature
    - Hyper Beam
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Shock Wave

Blazie/Blaziken (M) @ Nothing (Lv. 100)
    Jolly Nature
    - Fire Punch
    - Brick Break
    - Blaze Kick
    - Overheat

Latias/Latias (F) @ Amulet Coin (Lv. 53)
    Bashful Nature
    - Psychic
    - Mist Ball
    - Waterfall
    - Dragon Claw

Latios/Latios (M) @ Lax Incense (Lv. 69)
    Calm Nature
    - Luster Purge
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Surf

And I can't know what their EVs or whatnot are...

Years
    My Emerald team (Haven't been at it much, since I've been working on getting both a Tyranitar and Dragonite in Leafgreen and that takes time)

Poochy - Lvl. 34 Mightyena (Docile Nature)

Thief
    Dig
    Scary Face
    Bite

Vyle - Lv. 34 Grovyle (Mild Nature)

Leaf Blade
    Quick Attack
    Absorb
    Cut

Grum - Level 34 Grumpig (Hasty Nature)

Return
    Confuse Ray
    Psybeam
    Magic Coat

Rill - Lvl 33 Azumarill (Quirky Nature)

Tackle
    Bubblebeam
    Rollout
    Surf

Lau - Lvl 33 Loudred (Naive Nature)

Strength
    Uproar
    Supersonic
    Stomp

Melvin - Lvl 33 Camerupt

Magnitude
    Overheat
    Rock Slide
    Rock Smash

Years
    This is my Current Emerald team. I don't want to edit just because some of my pokemon are in the Day-Care Centre.

Swampert
    Nature:naive
    Lv:58
    Ability:Torrent

Movesets:
    Ice Beam/thinking of Blizzard w/PP Max
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Surf

Castform
    Nature:relaxed
    Lv:52
    Ability:Forecast

Movesets:
    Weather Ball
    Blizzard
    Thunder
    Rain Dance

Aggron
    Nature:quiet
    Ability:Sturdy

Movesets:
    Iron Tail
    Strength
    Focus Punch
    Cut

Gardevoir
    Nature:bold
    Lv:41
    Ability:Synchronize

Movesets:
    Hidden Power
    Flash
    Psychic
    Imprison
    (serves me right for keeping her in the Day-Care)

A rating out of 10 and any different Movesets. Please don't say anything about their Nature's as I have my own PHILOSOPHY when it comes to training my Pokemon.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I may actually be able to help out, since most of thesepokesI'm familiar with...

My fixes in bold:

Oh, and I'm going to comment on Natures anyway, because I've learned it can be a fairly important part of how powerful your Pokes are.

This is my Current Emerald team. I don't want to edit just because some of my pokemon are in the Day-Care Centre.

Swampert
    Nature: Realxed or Impish

Movesets:
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Surf

Not a bad moveset. Ice Beam is much better than Blizzard, if for anything it's better accuracy. Swampert could do just as much damage with Ice Beam than Blizzard.

Castform
    Nature: Timid

Movesets:
    Weather Ball
    Hail
    Thunder/Sunny Day
    Rain Dance

Castform is amazing, because it can pretty much change into any type (where it can, of course). And with him changing, Weather Ball also changes. So I would say it's possible to go with Sunny Day over Thunder, to give him a chance with fire. Of course, thunder is also an option, with Rain Dance. As for Blizzard... why? Just give him Hail, he'll turn into Iceform, and Weather Ball will be your Ice move. And Hail will put a tiny dent in your opponent too. It's win-win! lol

Aggron
    Nature: Adamant/Impish
    Ability:Sturdy

Movesets:
    Earthquake
    Thunderwave
    Focus Punch
    Substitute/Rest

This is a guy I know about! Aggron works well with either Adamant (+atk) or Impish (+Def)... Aggron's defense is already pretty darn high, so I would personally go with Adamant and jack up his attack. As for Cut and Strength, as many say, never use an HM move unless it's called Surf. Grab yourself a few different Pokes to use as HM whores, and pull 'em out when you need 'em. It'll give you more room for much better moves. Thunderwave is to slow down your enemies (and to give Focus Punch a good sporting chance), and Sub/Rest is your choice. Sub for Focus Punch too. Earthquake is just a must for a guy like Aggron.

Gardevoir
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Trace (can be very effective and helpful if you come across, say, a Claydol. Many a pokemon have ruined my Claydol's day by tracing his levetate)

Movesets:
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt
    Hypnosis

Gardevoir is amazing. It's Alakazam plus Defense. Psychic and Calm Mind are a must, and Thunderbolt is pretty common, with her fairly high Sp.Atk. Hypnosis is just to give your enemy a headache by putting them to sleep, then dominating them. Modest is the best Nature for any Poke like Gardevoir. Or you could make a special Gardevoir (I did with my Alakazam), and teach it Thunder Punch and Ice Punch/Fire Punch. Not sure if it can learn those, but if it can, it'll sweep through almost anything.

A rating out of 10 and any different Movesets. Please don't say anything about their Nature's as I have my own PHILOSOPHY when it comes to training my Pokemon.

My rating: 6/10. Some good choices, some terrible ones. Not a bad team, but it would benefit you GREATLY to breed for some better Natures. It makes all the difference in the world, if you're patient enough to do it, no matter what your philosophy of it is.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I will start by saying that I think I understand your philosophy about natures, and to be honest it doesn't help. Aside from a few rare exceptions, trying to cover weaknesses by using natures is bad strategy. The 10% increase rarely is helpful. An Aggron has a base SAtk of a measly 60. Giving it Quiet Nature won't help it from being ineffective. The nature of a Poke is best used to accentuate its STRENGTHS. A Relaxed Nature Swampert allows it to tank more effectively defensively. A Modest Gardevoir or an Adamant Metagross can cause even more damage. That is where the benefit of a nature come in.

As for your team, fixes in bold and a rate at the end:

Swampert
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

Movesets:
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Rest
    - Surf

Ice Beam has a 95 AP and is 100% accurate. Blizzard has a 120 AP but is only 70% accurate. By the time you factor in the misses from using Blizzard (along with the low PP, even if you waste PP Ups on it), Ice Beam is a much better option for Swampert, especially since you will be using Ice move on a Grass-type and missing with Blizzard can mean death.

Castform

Movesets:
    - Weather Ball
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder
    - Rain Dance

See Ice Beam vs. Blizzard comments above.

Aggron
    Ability:Rock Head
    Item: Choice Band

Movesets:
    - Iron Tail
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide

Okay, it looked like you had taken my suggestions to heart until we got here. Using TWO Normal moves on Aggron is pointless, especially when both of the moves are weak to begin with. The SubPunch set (Focus Punch/Rock Slide/Substitute/Thunder Wave) is still preferred, but you can also go with the Choice Band set above. Either will be MUCH more effective than what you currently have.

What happened to Swellow??

Gardevoir
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    Ability:Synchronize

Movesets:
    - Calm Mind
    - Hypnosis
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psychic

Gardevoir is a monster in-game. Hypnosis to put your opponent to sleep and then abuse Calm Mind. After a few buffs, you are ready to sweep through anything the weak AI can put in front of you.

I would give your team a 4/10. You did well by getting the best starter in Swampert and giving it its best moveset. Castform is more of a novelty than a good Poke, but it can work against the pathetic AI. Same goes for Aggron, but not with the moveset you have for it. Still not sure why Swellow was taken out. It would greatly improve your team. Gardevoir is also a very good choice, but the moveset wasn't. You still are missing a good defensive Poke like Ludicolo or Milotic.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Sapphire:

Mudkip Level 11, Poochyena Level 10, Dustox Level 12, and Whismur Level 11. Just Beat Brawley =P I'm on a mission to win the game with the lowest possible team xD

Emerald: Ninetales Level 47, Mawile Level 45, Milotic Level 50, Glalie Level 50, Raichu Level 50, and Grumpig Level 50

EDIT: Movesets:

Ninetales: Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Hidden Power (Grass).
    Mawile: Mega Punch, False Swipe, Iron Defense, Ancient Power
    Milotic: Recover, Ice Beam, Surf, Mirror Coat
    Glalie: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Shadowball, Sheer Cold
    Raichu: Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunderpunch, Volt Tackle (He's my powerhouse =P)
    Grumpig: Psychic, Magic Coat, Dynamic Punch, Psybeam (will be replaced by Bounce at 55)

Last edited:

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
    Well here it goes.

Emerald Team

Lily(Milotic)
    ~Modest Nature
    ~Mystic Water

~Ice Beam
    ~Recover
    ~Surf
    ~Attract

Granted, she can't do much against certain types of Pokemon, but overall, I personally like this moveset. Attract can't work against female pokemon, but Recover is quite the life saver at any rate. She's the youngest pokemon on my team, and is still in training to catch up to the others level-wise (My team is in the higher 50's; Lily is in the higher 40's)

Willow(Swellow)
    ~Calm Nature
    ~Amulet Coin

~Fly
    ~Steel Wing
    ~Aerial Ace
    ~Quick Attack

This is why I hate Flying Types. As great as they are, it's a pain trying to come up with a good moveset for them.

Meg(Ninetails)
    ~Sassy Nature
    ~Charcoal

~Toxic
    ~Sunny Day
    ~Safeguard
    ~Flamethrower

I've raised many Vulpixes in other games, but Meg has got to be my best one yet. Safeguard protects her, while she poisons, then increases her strength with Sunny Day, and blasts with Flamethrower. Overall, I don't think it's that bad of a moveset. But then again, someone always begs to differ...

Latias
    ~Careful Nature
    ~Leftovers

~Dragon Claw
    ~Recover
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Psychic

Yeah, I have an uber on my team. Sue me. Latias is my strongest pokemon, both offensivly and defensively. She's the main tank pokemon of my team. She also has pretty good speed, and the Leftovers are pretty useful, making for an efficient pokemon that hits hard, and doesn't have to worry about getting completly owned in the process. Latias truly is my best pokemon on this team.

Toboe(Mightyena)
    ~Calm Nature
    ~King's Rock

~Return
    ~Hyper Beam
    ~Bite
    ~Crunch

No offense to this one, but he is my worst pokemon on my team, with the worst moveset ever. I'm reluctant to get rid of him though, because I've never really taken the time to raise a Mightyena, and it's my first time truly raising one. His strongest attack, humorously enough, is Return. Random fact: He's the only male pokemon on my Emerald team xD

BraveHeart(Raichu)
    ~Careful Nature
    ~Light Ball

~Thunderbolt
    ~Quick Attack
    ~Thunder
    ~Brick Break

I know the Light Ball only works on Pikachu, but BraveHeart is still fairly strong. I really don't have much to say about this one, other than offensive-wise, she's fairly strong.

I'll post my Ruby team later. I'm feeling lazy xD;;

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Mawile: Mega Punch, False Swipe, Iron Defense, Ancient Power

I love Mawile, so kudos to you for picking it out. But sadly, it's stats make it rather ineffective outside of Baton Passing, and even then it's difficult. It being a pure Steel type, it's very weak to both fire and ground. I would switch it out for someone else... or, if you wish to Baton Pass, may I suggest:

Mawile, Impish nature
    - Baton Pass
    - Swords Dance
    - Ancient Power
    - Iron Defense OR Taunt

One Swords Dance can be enough to Baton Pass to a physical sweeper, Iron Defense is possible to tank the defense of a non-physical wall. Ancient Power is pretty good, because it's foolish not to have at least one offensive move on a BP, and also there's a 10% chance of raising ALL stats by 1. Taunt is possible for the non-Fire and Ground types, allowing you more time to beef up stats before BPing.

As for EVs, I'd suggest maxing out Speed along with Defense or SpDef. You'll want to be able to take a lot of hits for a BP, and Speed is pretty good to get the first move in.

Just my suggestions.

Although, in my opinion, you can get much better Baton Passers.
    But I do love Mawile nonetheless. :-)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I posted this in a different forum, but no one has gotten back to me... and I trust Shane out of everyone, so I'll ask it here.

What's a good EV set for the following Pokes (I did my math, but I want a second opinion):

Metagross (Adamant)
    140 HP, 252 Atk, 28 Def, 88 Speed or Sp.Def

Steelix (taken care of)

Aggron (Adamant)
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def

Magneton (Modest)
    6 Def, 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed

Skarmory (Impish)
    252 HP, 64 Atk, 192 Def

Scizor(Impish & Baton Passer)
    252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Def

Mawile (Impish)