• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Just recently got Emerald, so far my team is

Marshstomp lvl 25
    Jolly Nature
    - Tackle
    - Rock Tomb
    - Mud Shot
    - Water Gun

Ralts lvl 12
    Timid Nature
    - Confusion
    - Growl
    - Double Team

wow I've progressed so far :P... anyway I would like some movesets for these when they're all grown up (ie Swampert and Gardevoir) and possibly some other pokemon I could/should add to my team

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    This Is My Emerald Team:

Charizard @ ???
    Nature: Adamant or Naughty?
    EVs: ???

Moveset:
    - Flamethrower
    - Earthquake
    - Belly Drum/Swords Dance
    - Feather Rest (D/P Move, Restores Half Max HP)

Gengar @ ???
    Nature: Lonely, Hasty Or Mild?
    EVs: ??

Moveset:
    - Substitute
    - Will-o-wisp/Toxic/Hypnosis (?)
    - Rest/ThunderBolt/Thunder/Ice Punch
    - Psychic/Nightmare

Blazey (Blaziken) @ ???
    Nature:
    EVs: 252 Att / 126 Speed / 126 Sp. Attack

Moveset:
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Blaze Kick

Steelix @ ???
    Nature: ???
    - Thunder Fang/Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Rock Slide
    - Slam/Explosion
    - Earthquake/Luster Cannon
    - Rock Cart/Stealth Rock

(Luster Cannon, Rock Cart, Stealth Rock, Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang are all D/P Moves)

So yeah i need some help with the EVs and also what IVs i should try max. Comments and suggestions welcome, also I need 2 spots taken, i think i will use Mirakuge and Lucario or Rotomu.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    This Is My Emerald Team:

Charizard @ ???
    Nature: Adamant or Naughty?

Moveset:
    - Flamethrower
    - Earthquake
    - Belly Drum/Swords Dance
    - Feather Rest (D/P Move, Restores Half Max HP)

Gengar @ ???
    Nature: Lonely, Hasty Or Mild?
    EVs: ??

Moveset:
    - Substitute
    - Will-o-wisp/Toxic/Hypnosis (?)
    - Rest/ThunderBolt/Thunder/Ice Punch
    - Psychic/Nightmare

Blazey (Blaziken) @ ???
    Nature:

Moveset:
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Blaze Kick

Steelix @ ???
    Nature: ???
    - Thunder Fang/Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Rock Slide
    - Slam/Explosion
    - Earthquake/Luster Cannon
    - Rock Cart/Stealth Rock

(Luster Cannon, Rock Cart, Stealth Rock, Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang are all D/P Moves)

So yeah i need some help with the EVs and also what IVs i should try max. Comments and suggestions welcome, also I need 2 spots taken, i think i will use Mirakuge and Lucario or Rotomu.

Firstly, I am really confused as to how they have Diamond and Pearl moves if you are playing Emerald (unless you have a hacked ROM). Secondly, having two fire types is a really bad idea because fire is probably the weakest type, and the two you are using have an incredible number of weaknesses, I know because I made the same mistake.

Anyway, that aside here is what I recommend.

GENGAR @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute/Hypnosis
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt/Sludge Bomb
    EVs:
    Timid (+Spd -Att) 44/0/0/216/248/0
    For Gengar I would go with Hypnosis as Substitute is better used on something like Tyranitar or Kangaskhan. Sludge Bomb can be used instead of Thunderbolt to gain STAB.

STEELIX @ Leftovers/Choice Band
    Rock Head
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Explosion/Iron Tail
    - Double-Edge
    EVs:
    Adamant (+Att -SA) 252/148/0/12/0/96
    Steelix has a pretty crap Special Attack stat and it would be a lot better if you used it as a physical attacker as opposed to a mixed attacker. It also has Rock-Head so you won't take damage when using Double-Edge. Earthquake gains STAB (i.e. its attack is multiplied by 1.5 due to Same Type Attack Boost), and Iron Tail can also be used for this, but Explosion is a lot deadlier.

CHARIZARD @ Salac Berry/Liechi Berry/Leftovers
    Blaze
    - HP Flying/Wing Attack
    - Earthquake
    - Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    - Swords Dance/Dragon Dance/Belly Drum
    EVs:
    Lonely (+Att -Def) 0/252/0/140/116/0
    Charizard is one of the better Fire types IMO as it's flying type removes it's weakness to Ground so Earthquake doesn't hit it. Also, unlike Blaziken, it has no weakness to Psychic and Flying, which are really common type nowadays, but instead receives a 4x weakness to rock. However, because Rock types are pretty slow you can probably take most of them out using Earthquake before they have a chance to hit you. Also Hidden Power is really hard to obtain so you may want to use Wing Attack as an alternative. Fly is not recommended unless you want to do loads of flying about to different places. Overheat is also kinda crap as you lose Special Attack after each use.

I would get rid of Blaziken, but if you want to keep it your current move-set is pretty decent
    Blazey (Blaziken) @ Leftovers
    Nature: Hasty
    Moveset:
    - Sky Uppercut
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Fire Blast/Flamethrower

Hasty is a really important nature for Blaziken as it's Defenses are worse than Alakazam's (I think). Also, Blaze Kick is pretty weak and with Fire Blast / Flamethrower the base attack would rise to 180 / 142 respectively due to STAB.

If you decide to drop Blaziken, use a good special wall such as a Bold Blissey or a Regice. Also, you need a decent physical wall such as Skarmory, and another physical attacker such as Tyranitar or Aerodactyl or Kangaskhan IMO, but don't take my advice as being set in stone because I am not an expert on this subject, and I'm not pretending to be. BTW the movesets are similar to the ones I am using for Gengar and Steelix, but my Steelix is a backup. Another option for a special/mixed wall would be Milotic/Suicune respectively as they are very resistant to many types, and Milotic's Special Defense stat is superb.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2007
    My team are
    Rayquaza Shiny LV 100
    Combusken Lv 80
    Groudon Shiny Lv 89
    Deoxys Shiny Lv 78
    Salamence Lv 98
    Tyranitar LV 88

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    Why do you not evolve Combusken into Blaziken?
    I once had a Combusken didn't evolved until LV.45.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    With a cheated Rayquaza, Deoxys, and Groudon, I wouldn't worry too much about that Combusken. He could have 3 Lv5 Luvdisc and it wouldn't matter since they will only be facing weak in-game Pokes that max out in the 70s, and the many cheated ubers can take care of anything.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    With a cheated Rayquaza, Deoxys, and Groudon, I wouldn't worry too much about that Combusken. He could have 3 Lv5 Luvdisc and it wouldn't matter since they will only be facing weak in-game Pokes that max out in the 70s, and the many cheated ubers can take care of anything.

I think Luvdisc is cute! I mean, I think a single Tackle can OHKO it... but it's still cute! haha

I've always steered clear of using Ubers and Legendaries. Moreso Ubers, because a few of the Legendaries (the Regis, in particular) can be easily taken down with a Commoner. I've just never fully understood why Wobbuffet is considered an Uber. But if I understand, two Wobbuffet battling turns into a Catch-22, and the battle never ends... so eh.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Wobbuffet is considered an uber because in the hands of someone that knows how to use it, it is completely broken. It is frustrating because you cannot do a thing about it.

I liken it to Yugioh, where there was a little bird (I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it since I haven't played the game in so long, but I think it started with a Y) that was similarly broken. Once the little birdie came out the game was over. It was VERY frustrating to play against, especially since most noobs used it because they weren't skilled enough to play without it. Similar to those who use ubers in Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    in what sapphirre emerald

in my saphire i have blaziken lv 100,kyoger lv 84 rayquaza lv 100 and many more

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008

That sounds a bit too judgemental seeing as its a lot easier to get shiny ubers than it is to get shiny standard pokemon. For the ubers all you have to do is save before fighting them and then keep resetting your game until a shiny one appears, although this will take a lot of patience.

Years
    I got a copy of Emerald over Christmas and this is my current Team.

Meslina (F, Swampert)
    Surf
    IceBeam
    Earthquake
    Protect

Taner (M, Swellow)
    Endeavour (sp?)
    Aerial Ace
    Return
    Fly (I know this is a sucky move but this is in-game, and Im not gonna walk everywhere)

Todd (M, Torkoal)
    Flamethrower
    Overheat
    Curse
    Body Slam

Arianna (F, Aggron)
    Iron Defense
    Iron Tail
    Return
    Headbutt

In Training:

Raphael (M, Krilia - hopefully soon to be Gardevoir)
    Psychic
    Calm Mind
    Double Team --- to be replaces with Thunderbolt
    Teleport ---- to be replaced with something i dont know yet

Shroosalug (M, Shroomish still a Shroomish cuz i need it to get to L 54 to learn Spore)
    Leech Seed
    Poison Powder -- To be replaced with Spore
    Headbutt --- To be replaced with BrickBreak/Sky Uppercut/Focus Punch
    Giga Drain --- To be replaced with Substitute

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome. I dont really remember the natures and I dont have my game at hand. Tho I do know that Arianna's nature is ADAMANT

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Okay, firstly for the Kirlia, don't evolve it yet, just keep it as it is until you can get a heart scale, and then go to the move tutor in Fallarbor Town and get Magical Leaf on Kirlia. Then you can evolve it.

For the Swellow, if you plan on keeping Fly get rid of Aerial Ace and replace it with something else. Also, endeavor is an incredibly crap move unless your Pokemon are super weak compared to your opponents. If you want to use a move that changes with status, try something like Facade as it is useful against opponents that Poison you or use other status changes.

For Shroomish, if you evolve it at level 54, then you will have to use a heart scale to get Sky Uppercut, but using Substitute and Focus Punch is a good idea, as long as you EV train in HP to increase the time your subs last for.

Replace Overheat with Earthquake on Torkoal as two fire moves is not a good thing, and Overheat drops your Special Attack stat by two every time it is used.

Finally on Swampert, replace Protect with Rest only if you really want to, otherwise you can just use rest on a pokemon like Milotic if you ever manage to get one (harder to obtain and evolve Feebas than it is to obtain Jirachi IMO).

JOEYJoeyHero

Typhgaingatr
    Years
    My Team is:
    Rayquaza- 100 Crobat- 78 Latios- 78 Salamence- 90 Dragonite- 86
    Naughty Quiet Bashful Brave Lax
    Dragon claw Poison Fang Dragon Breath Dragon Claw Aerial Ace
    Outrage Air Cutter Psychic Aerial Ace Ice Beam
    Fly Fly Luster Purge Fly Blizzard
    Surf Mean Look Recover Crunch Outrage
    Nicknames-
    Rayquaza Crobat JULIAN SLASHETTE DRAGONSLAY
    Charizard- 84
    Lax
    Blast Burn
    Fire Blast
    Fly
    Aerial Ace
    Nicknames- Flamer

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    mine is:

Charizard: Lv. 87

Tyranitar: Lv. 88

Gyarados: Lv. 87

Maganium: Lv. 89

Ampharos: Lv. 89

Dragonite: Lv. 87

None traded, game sharked, or action replayed!!

Years
    Thanks for the suggestions shadowedness! I happen to have like 5 heartscales in storage so I'll go give Kirlia MagLeaf right away.

I realized that once I get Spore on Shroom, I have to breed it. BC by level 54 his stats are really crappy and he doesnt gain as much per level as he would as Breeloom, so Im just gonna get Spore, then get another one and get it spore so I can breed a child with spore and just let him evolve at its natural level and train him properly.

Earthquake on Torkoal huh? Im not sure if I found the EQ TM yet, can he learn it by Tutor? or does it have to be by breeding or TM?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Personally, I would highly suggest you go with Hypnosis or breed for Will-O-Wisp for Gardevoir instead of Magical Leaf. Hypnosis for obvious reasons, but WOW is perfect to protect Gardevoir from physical attacks that it tends to be weak to. Magical Leaf is an okay move, but not nearly as effective as the aforementioned two.

Also note that there is no correlation between when you evolve a Poke and the stats it gains. Every Shroomish/Breloom follows the same pattern. The only difference is the IVs that it has and the EVs that you give it. Do note though, that the only way to get Spore onto a baby Shroomish is to have both the father AND the mother to know it. That means you have to raise another Shroomish to Lv54.

Lastly, Torkoal cannot learn Earthquake at all. Personally, I wouldn't use Torkoal at all, but it is your team.

As for your team, fixes in bold:
    I got a copy of Emerald over Christmas and this is my current Team.

Meslina (F, Swampert) @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: Max HP and then split between Def and SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Ice Beam / Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Rest / Protect

Swampert can absorb physical hits and statuses if you add Rest. You can even use Chesto Berry for a free Rest usage since the in-game battles don't take nearly as long as competitive battles. Curse is also a great option to take advantage of Swampert's high Atk. Hydro Pump is also preferred over Surf since Swampert's base SAtk leaves a bit to be desired.

Taner (M, Swellow) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: Max Atk and Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Aerial Ace
    - Return / Facade
    - Quick Attack
    - Steel Wing / Baton Pass

You don't need to walk around anywhere. If you need Fly, you put it on a crappy Poke (like Tropius or Rayquaza) and then you take it out of the PC when you need it. Use Fly, which takes you to a Pokemon Center, and then deposit it into the PC and take out your regular team member again. You don't need a 6-Poke team while you are progressing through the storyline. In fact, it would be better if you didn't. Just rotate your team around, as needed, and keep an HM slave, and a Pick Up Poke or two to keep them items coming in. As far as Swellow is concerned, this thing is an all-out physical attacker. Not nearly as good as Dodrio, but its Guts Trait is something to be exploited. If Swellow gets statused, its Atk is raised by 1.5. Using Facade while it is statused will DOUBLE its attack on top of that. Do the math and you will see just how powerful this thing can be when used properly.

Todd (M, Torkoal) @ Leftovers / Shell Bell
    Trait: White Smoke
    EVs: Max HP then split between Atk and SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Fire Blast
    - Explosion

- Curse
    - Body Slam / Rock Slide / Return

Meh. It already sucks being a Fire-type and with its low base SDef, Water-types drool over seeing it. Your moveset was on the right track, but don't include two attacking moves of the same type. Overheat is not necessary. Exploding camels are cool and can take out something you might otherwise have trouble with. Curse is nice in-game because (a) the pathetic AI is too limited to phase you and (b) the pathetic AI is too limited to switch out for a Poke that can take advantage of Torkoal's many weaknesses. Personally, I would use something else, but it is your team.

Arianna (F, Aggron) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: Max Atk and then split HP and Def
    - Focus Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave

Strategy here is simple. You Thunder Wave first turn, and then Sub until the pathetic AI does a non-attacking move (or an attack that doesn't hit hard) and the Sub sticks, or the 50% parahax kicks in and the sub sticks. Then you have a STAB Rock Slide or a high powered Fighting move to make your opponents cry.

In Training:

Raphael (M, Krilia - hopefully soon to be Gardevoir) @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: Split between HP, Def, and SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hypnosis / Will-O-Wisp

Shroosalug (M, Shroomish still a Shroomish cuz i need it to get to L 54 to learn Spore) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Effect Spore
    EVs: Max Atk, about 80 in HP, and the rest in Spd

- Leech Seed
    - Spore
    - Sky Uppercut / Focus Punch
    - Mach Punch / Substitute

With Spore, Substitute isn't as necessary and you can use it (and Focus Punch) on Aggron. Mach Punch is an attack first move that you can use to finish off Pokes or take on faster Pokes.

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome. I dont really remember the natures and I dont have my game at hand. Tho I do know that Arianna's nature is ADAMANT
    Swampert can take a few physical hits, and you have a good Normal/Flying resist in Aggron. Gardevoir is pretty good at taking special hits too. What you really need is to upgrade Torkoal for a better special attacker. Houndoom or Starmie or Magneton would be a good addition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back