• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I just started a new file on LG, and heres my team. *note that I'm only at Cerulean.

Mankey
    Lv.23 Jolly Nature

Low Kick
    Fury Swipes
    Karate Chop
    Mega Punch

Zuby
    Lv.23 Lonely Nature

Leech Life
    Astonish
    Supersonic
    Thief

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    slash106, your team sounds decent, but the Rayquaza seems way over-trained compared to the rest of your Pokemon.

Thanks for your help with my last team but I used it to destroy the Elite Four and Dome Ace Tucker's first set of Pokemon, and now I'm starting up a new one.

Blissey – Bashful Nature (Lv. 18)
    Doubleslap
    Minimize
    Softboiled
    Refresh

Electabuzz – Clam Nature (Lv. 17)
    Quick Attack
    Leer
    Thunderpunch
    Light Screen

Alakazam – Impish Nature (Lv. 22)
    Teleport
    Psybeam
    Confusion
    Disable

Larvitar – Modest Nature (Lv. 16) [I do plan on evolving it into a Tyranitar]
    Bite
    Leer
    Sandstorm
    Screech

Milotic – Docile Nature (Lv. 14)
    Water Gun
    Wrap
    Water Sport

This team is nowhere near finished I just need help with recommended natures and move-sets, and if possible which stats need EV training. I also need a good sixth Pokémon (preferably a fire type) for this team. Also tell me if I should replace anything please. I know that I've asked for a lot but I don't want to train all of these Pokémon, only to find out later that I've made a mistake, as I did with the last team I posted. Thanks a lot in advance. BTW this team is for Pokemon Emerald version if that affects anything.

Years
    Could someone rate my team for the Elite Four?

Sceptile--Lv. 50
    @Miracle Seed
    1. Rest
    2. Earthquake
    3. Leaf Blade
    4. Quick Attack

Regice--Lv. 48
    @None
    1. Ice Beam
    2. Curse
    3. Superpower
    4. Ancientpower

Slaking--Lv. 50
    @Silk Scarf
    1. Shadow Ball
    2. Slash
    3. Hyper Beam
    4. Slack Off

Heracross--Lv. 50
    @Persim Berry
    1. Rest
    2. Earthquake
    3. Brick Break
    4. Reversal

Flygon--Lv. 50
    @Black Glasses
    1. Dragon Claw
    2. Crunch
    3. Earthquake
    4. Toxic

Rayquaza--Lv. 70
    @None
    1. Fly
    2. Thunderbolt
    3. Ice Beam
    4. Dragon Claw

Sound good? My team for Battle Frontier will be:

Regice--Lv. 50
    @(?)
    1. Ice Beam
    2. Ancientpower
    3. Superpower
    4. Curse

Sceptile--Lv. 50
    @Leftovers
    1. Leech Seed
    2. Substitute
    3. Leaf Blade
    4. Earthquake (replaced with Thunderpunch later)

Gardevoir--Lv. 50
    @(?)
    1. Thunderbolt
    2. Calm Mind
    3. Psychic
    4. Hypnosis

Edit: Alright I beat the Elite Four with that team with only losing Flygon once, that's it. :D

But still can someone tell me if that Battle Frontier team is good?

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    slash106, your team sounds decent, but the Rayquaza seems way over-trained compared to the rest of your Pokemon.
    Yes, ANY team can kick butt against the pathetic AI if you have a Lv100 Rayquaza on your team, especially considering the highest leveled Poke you will face in-game (outside of the BF) is in the high 50's.

As for your team, fixes in bold:
    Thanks for your help with my last team but I used it to destroy the Elite Four and Dome Ace Tucker's first set of Pokemon, and now I'm starting up a new one.
    Blissey (Lv. 18) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy / Heal Bell
    - Ice Beam / Thunder Wave
    - Seismic Toss

- Softboiled / Wish

One of the best Pokes in the game. With its incredibly high base HP, it can shrug off special attacks like no other Poke can. Plus, with the correct nature and EVs (shown above) it can take a few physical hits too, despite the fact that its base Def is an utterly pathetic 10. Aromatherapy and Heal Bell are Egg moves, but they are definitely worth it. Being able to remove all statuses on your team is pretty awesome. Ice Beam or Thunder Wave depends on what you want Blissey to do. Ice Beam allows it to take out certain Pokes that might destroy it otherwise (i.e. Salamence), and makes better sense in-game. Seismic Toss allows it to do consistent damage that isn't affected by any modifiers. Softboiled is self-explanatory, although Wish can help the rest of your team. That is an XD move though, iirc. No Pokemon XD, no Wish on Blissey.

Electabuzz (Lv. 17) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Static
    EVs: 152 Atk / 216 Spd / 140 SAtk
    Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
    - Cross Chop
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt

Electabuzz can be a tough special attacker, especially with the ability to learn Cross Chop to take down typical special walls like Blissey and Snorlax. Cross Chop is an Egg move and the punches can be purchased at the BF. As cool as Electabuzz is, your next Poke covers your special sweeping needs rather well.

Alakazam (Lv. 22) @ Leftovers / Lum Berry
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Fire Punch / Calm Mind
    - Ice Punch
    - Psychic
    - Thunderpunch

Alakazam is one of the best special attackers in the game. You might want Lum Berry here to cure status, but with Tyranitar on this team, you are better off with Leftovers. Calm Mind makes it hit a lot harder, but with it being so frail defensively I would use that with caution. Might work well if you have a sleeper on your team.

Tyranitar (Lv. 16) [I do plan on evolving it into a Tyranitar] @ Leftovers / Shell Bell
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Taunt / Crunch / Aerial Ace

The physical equivalent of Alakazam. Dragon Dance boosts its already strong Atk and also increases its Spd, allowing it to sweep through things that it is even weak to. It is an Egg move though. Earthquake and Rock Slide handle most things that don't resist both. Taunt is handy, but not so much in-game. You can go with Crunch to make Psychics/Ghosts cry, or Aerial Ace if you fear Fighting Pokes that much.

Milotic (Lv. 14) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest / Recover
    - Sleep Talk / Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Toxic / Ice Beam

ALWAYS Bold Nature with Milotic. It helps make it an all-purpose tank, especially when it gets hit with a status and its Marvel Scale kicks in. That is what makes the Restalk version so good. It can take hits while attacking in its sleep with a STAB Surf and either a Toxic or Ice Beam. If you cannot swing Sleep Talk, go with Ice Beam and Recover over Rest. Hypnosis is also a good option in the last slot.

This team is nowhere near finished I just need help with recommended natures and move-sets, and if possible which stats need EV training. I also need a good sixth Pokémon (preferably a fire type) for this team. Also tell me if I should replace anything please. I know that I've asked for a lot but I don't want to train all of these Pokémon, only to find out later that I've made a mistake, as I did with the last team I posted. Thanks a lot in advance. BTW this team is for Pokemon Emerald version if that affects anything.
    You can go a couple of routes here with your final Poke. You lack a good second second physical attacker, so a Poke like Salamence or Metagross or Swampert would come in handy. Another option is to have a good defensive Poke like Umbreon that can take physical hits and can heal the rest of your team with Wish. Good teams require patience and effort. Good luck.

Fixes in bold:
    Could someone rate my team for the Elite Four?

Sceptile--Lv. 50
    @Miracle Seed
    1. Rest
    2. Earthquake
    3. Leaf Blade
    4. Quick Attack

Not too thrilled about this moveset, but it looks like you fixed it for BF.

Regice--Lv. 48
    @None
    1. Ice Beam
    2. Curse
    3. Superpower
    4. Ancientpower

Looks more like a Regirock/Registeel moveset than Regice. Keep in mind that Regice has a base Atk of a craptacular 50. In the turns it takes you to Curse up for its physical attacks to be effective, you could have been using better special attacks (base 100 SAtk) instead. Your moveset is fixed below.

Slaking--Lv. 50
    @Shell Bell / Leftovers
    1. Shadow Ball
    2. Earthquake
    3. Hyper Beam
    4. Slack Off

I know you have Earthquake on about every other Poke on your team, but it actually is quite effective here with Slaking's HUGE base Atk. I normally chastise those that use the crappy Hyper Beam, but since this thing can only attack once every other turn anyway, it works. Makes Slash completely useless though because when would you ever use that over Hyper Beam when it can attack?

Heracross--Lv. 50
    @ Leftovers
    1. Rest / Swords Dance
    2. Megahorn
    3. Brick Break
    4. Sleep Talk / Rock Slide

Three more levels and you would have its best move - Megahorn. A STAB Megahorn does a lot more damage than a SE Earthquake, not to mention the fact that you already have a STAB Brick Break. Fighting-types don't really need Ground moves and vice versa. If you can swing Sleep Talk, it turns Heracross into a status-loving Poke-murdering monster. If you cannot do that, Swords Dance is the next best thing.

Flygon--Lv. 50
    @ Choice Band
    1. Fire Blast
    2. Quick Attack
    3. Earthquake
    4. Rock Slide

Flygon is a MUCH better physical attacker than a special one. Also avoid using those crappy held items that only boost one type. If you don't use that type, it is like it's not holding anything at all. Using Choice Band gives a 10% boost to all your physical attacks. Much better option. Fire Blast to take out the Pokes that resist the other moves, and Quick Attack allows it to finish weak things off. Rock Slide hits things that Earthquake cannot.

Rayquaza--Lv. 70
    @None
    1. Fly
    2. Thunderbolt
    3. Ice Beam
    4. Dragon Claw

This thing makes Flygon absolutely useless since it can do everything Flygon can, only much better. Taking a Lv70 uber into the Weak5 is pretty cheap too, since it can handle it all by itself. It is your game though.

Sound good? My team for Battle Frontier will be:

Regice--Lv. 50
    @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 148 HP / 148 Def / 96 SAtk / 118 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Thunderbolt / Thunder
    - Thunder Wave / Toxic / Psych Up

Regice is a terrific wall. It is comparable to Blissey, and even better in some respects since it has a higher base SAtk (100 vs. 75) and has a STAB Ice Beam to boot. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt can cover almost all types and the last slot is your preference. Don't start with this Poke though.

Sceptile--Lv. 50
    @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

1. Leech Seed
    2. Substitute
    3. Leaf Blade
    4. Earthquake (replaced with Thunderpunch later)

Gardevoir--Lv. 50
    @ Shell Bell / Lum Berry
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 176 HP / 180 Def / 20 Spd / 132 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

1. Thunderbolt
    2. Calm Mind
    3. Psychic
    4. Hypnosis

This should be your lead. Hypnosis first, CM up while your opponent is too stupid to switch out, and then sweep.

Edit: Alright I beat the Elite Four with that team with only losing Flygon once, that's it. :D

But still can someone tell me if that Battle Frontier team is good?
    Sceptile is the odd-man out here. You should consider replacing it with a physical attacker, but we have discussed this for quite a bit already. Good luck.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Thanks a lot for the advice but I've decided to change two of the Pokemon and Tyranitar's recommended move-set. I am no longer looking for help as I have received it enough I would just prefer if someone could rate this team.

TYRANITAR @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sandstream
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    EVs:
    Quiet (+SA -Spd) 252 HP/28 SA/228 SD

I chose this because I always liked Focus Punch, but never managed to pull it off in a battle.

METAGROSS @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Explosion
    EVs:
    Adamant (+Att -SA) 164 HP/252 Atk/92 SA

SNORLAX @ Leftovers
    Trait: Immunity
    - Double-Edge
    - Shadow Ball
    - Earthquake
    - Selfdestruct
    EVs:
    Calm (+SD -SA) 76 HP/136 Atk/136 Def/4 SA/156 Spd

Blissey @ Leftovers
    - Heal Bell
    - Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    EVs:
    Bold (+Def, -Atk) 200 HP/252 Def/56 SA

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Hypnosis
    EVs:
    Bold (+Def, -Atk) 212 HP/252 Def/44 Spd

Alakazam (Lv. 22) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Synchronize
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Punch
    EVs:
    Timid (+Spd, -Atk) 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk

I chose not to use Calm Mind because I am not a huge fan of defensive moves, but I will use them sometimes. I have also always liked using the elemental punches.

I know leftovers is hard to get so I will most probably obtain it using the emerald cloning glitch.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    Shadowedness:

Okay, I have a few things to say about your team:

Tyranitar: Personally, I'm not a big fan of Focus Punch on a Pokemon without a sleep move (that is, unless you're facing a Slaking)--otherwise Tyranitar runs a risk of Focus Punch failing because the foe attacks it. (In my opinion, Focus Punch rules on Wigglytuff and Hypno.) And why those other special attacks? Tyranitar has low Special attack even with a Quiet nature, so physical attacks would be better... And, why doesn't it know any Rock or Dark attacks? If you really want those special attacks in there, you should at least give more EV's to Special Attack... and maybe teach it Crunch.

Metagross: Good, good. Earthquake and Rock Slide are especially good, since Fire is Metagross' major weakness. But, you didn't cover Ground, its other major weakness... Oh well, can't help you there. Anyways, why give EVs to Special Attack when it has an Adamant nature and no special attacks? Oh, and I would not recommend Leftovers for it, since it seems more like a sweeper than anything else. And besides, if it uses Explosion, it'll faint anyways, so the HP gain would be a waste of an item. Could try a Liechi berry instead, if you can find one...

Snorlax: Umm, actually Selfdestruct isn't very good on a Snorlax. What's the point of giving up all that HP? Could try putting either Slack Off or Toxic in its place. Other than that though, it's a good moveset. Though I would have preferred an Impish nature in that case for the extra Defense boost... Snorlax's Special defense is high already while Defense is low, so it could help a little... But if you already caught the Snorlax, it's no major problem.

Blissey: Hmm... that Blissey looks pretty good. Though I would recommend maxing out the EV's for Defense, and sacrifice some HP in the process. Blissey's HP is phenomenal already. And if you can't find enough leftovers, Salac Berry might also be a good item if you can find one. Or something like a Lum Berry to cure herself of statuses like confusion and sleep, which would be difficult to Heal Bell out of.

Milotic: Milotic can already heal itself with Recover, so I don't think a Leftovers is that necessary. Other than that, I like the moveset. Hypnosis is a very overlooked move. Also, EV-wise, you might want to give some EV's to Special Attack, for an extra boost to Ice Beam and Surf. I would personally recommend a Modest nature instead, but Bold works too... as does Calm.

Alakazam: Good good good. Did I not mention good?

Your Team Overall: Looks to be pretty balanced. I would have said you have a major weakness to Fighting Pokemon, but your Alakazam takes care of that easily.

I just started Emerald recently! Currently there, I have only one badge, but I also have a small team of Pokemon that consists of every Pokemon I caught and like so far. (Meaning I didn't catch Slakoth because I don't care for it much, but waited a whole eight hours for nightfall in order to get Dustox.) Anyways, so far my "team" of ten or so is:

(I usually don't post items in my teams, so...)

:t261: Kuraena (female Poochyena)
    Level: 10
    Nature: Serious
    Ability: Run Away
    Attacks: Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack

:t280: Sigmund (male Ralts)
    Ability: Synchronize
    Attacks: Confusion, Growl

:t183: Bunny (female Marill)
    Nature: Gentle
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Attacks: Tackle, Defense Curl, Tail whip, Water Gun
    Eh, Bunny has a Special Attack of 8... go figure.

:t263: Leili (female Zigzagoon)
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Pickup
    Attacks: Tackle, Headbutt, Tail Whip, Growl

:t290: Fiari (female Nincada)
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Attacks: Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand-Attack

:t300: Tom-Tom (male Skitty)
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Attract
    Surprisingly, the first three Skitty I encountered were male.

:t267: Shumi (male Beautifly)
    Level: 11
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Swarm
    Attacks: Tackle, Absorb, Poison Sting, String Shot
    I know Timid's not the best nature, but...

:t273: Oak (male Seedot)
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Bide, Harden, Growth
    Arrgh, this guy's hard to train...

:t285: Portabella (female Shroomish)
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Attacks: Tackle, Absorb, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    I'm thinking she'd be great in a Smart contest as well...

:t276: Robin (female Taillow)
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: Guts
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack
    Of all my Pokemon, she levels up the most quickly...

:t270: Fresa (female Lotad)
    Nature: Quirky
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Astonish, Growl, Absorb
    I would have gone for Rain Dish had I not a fear of her being automatically KO'd by a Swellow or something...

:t269: Metheswai (female Dustox)
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Tackle, Confusion, Poison Sting, String Shot
    Whoopee, Special Attack boost.

:t255: Sunny Dee (male Torchic)
    Ability: Blaze
    Attacks: Scratch, Ember, Focus Energy, Growl
    Well at least it's an improvement on the Torchic from my old Sapphire game, who was Bold...

:t278: Selenine (female Wingull)
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Water Gun, Growl, Supersonic

:t293: Ikako (female Whismur)
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Soundproof
    Attacks: Pound, Uproar, Astonish
    Yaaaay, Cuteness boost!!

Well gee... most of my Pokemon have neutral natures, wonder how that happened... and three quiet natures, two gentle... okay, enough already. I don't know if I need any suggestions or anything, except maybe who to teach Rock Tomb to... Wait a minute, can any of these Pokemon even learn Rock Tomb? Hmm... *waits to catch Nosepass*

Last edited:

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Snorlax: Umm, actually Selfdestruct isn't very good on a Snorlax. What's the point of giving up all that HP? Could try putting either Slack Off or Toxic in its place. Other than that though, it's a good moveset. Though I would have preferred an Impish nature in that case for the extra Defense boost... Snorlax's Special defense is high already while Defense is low, so it could help a little... But if you already caught the Snorlax, it's no major problem.
    I'm glad I didn't catch it yet because I was thinking about how hard it would be to get that move-set on Snorlax, and so I decided on this Electabuzz set-up recommended to me by shanecdavis instead.

- Cross Chop
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt / Thunder (probably the former seeing as Thunder has a crappy accuracy without rain, and Elec gets STAB on both of them anyway.)

EDIT: I don't know which pokemon to breed Electabuzz with so that it can learn cross chop, could anyone help me with that please?

Last edited:

LordXander

Master Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2007
    This is my current (and so far only) emerald team. I just beat Juan.

Pokemon: AGGRON
    Nickname: Jade
    Nature: SASSY
    Item: Kings Rock
    Techs:
    METAL CLAW
    IRON DEFENCE
    IRON TAIL
    DIG

Pokemon: MEGANIUM
    Nickname: Naturo
    Nature: RASH
    Item: MIRACLE SEED
    Techs:
    SYNTHESIS
    LIGHT SCREEN
    SAFEGUARD
    RAZOR LEAF

Pokemon: TYPHLOSION
    Nickname: Incineron
    Nature: TIMID
    Item: Charcoal
    Techs:
    FLAME WHEEL
    EMBER
    OVERHEAT
    FIRE BLAST

Pokemon: FERALIGATR
    Nickname: Vortex
    Nature: ADAMANT
    Item: NONE
    Techs:
    SURF
    DIVE
    WATER GUN
    BLIZZARD

Pokemon: CROBAT
    Nickname: Shadow
    Nature: DOCILE
    Item: SOOTHE BELL
    Techs:
    AIR CUTTER
    WING ATTACK
    FLY
    AERIAL ACE

Pokemon: MEW
    Nickname: Phycon
    Item: NONE
    Techs:
    PHYCIC
    TRANSFORM
    CALM MIND
    HYPER BEAM

Has anyone got any advice?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Fixes and suggestions in bold:
    Shadowedness:

Okay, I have a few things to say about your team:

Tyranitar: Personally, I'm not a big fan of Focus Punch on a Pokemon without a sleep move (that is, unless you're facing a Slaking)--otherwise Tyranitar runs a risk of Focus Punch failing because the foe attacks it. (In my opinion, Focus Punch rules on Wigglytuff and Hypno.) And why those other special attacks? Tyranitar has low Special attack even with a Quiet nature, so physical attacks would be better... And, why doesn't it know any Rock or Dark attacks? If you really want those special attacks in there, you should at least give more EV's to Special Attack... and maybe teach it Crunch.

Shadowness is using Tyranitar's moveset that is called "Boah". Focus Punch works in conjunction with Substitute and is termed "SubPunch". The first turn you use Substitute. Unless your opponent is slower than Tyranitar, it should go last, allowing Substitute to stick. Even if your opponent is slower, unless your opponent has a move that is super effective, Tyranitar's defenses should prevent your opponent from breaking the Sub anyway. This gives you at least one free turn to use Focus Punch since its Sub will absorb any attack your opponent will use. Boah does need some SAtk though, and Crunch is generally preferred over Ice Beam to give it some good STAB and anti-Hera damage.

Metagross: Good, good. Earthquake and Rock Slide are especially good, since Fire is Metagross' major weakness. But, you didn't cover Ground, its other major weakness... Oh well, can't help you there. Anyways, why give EVs to Special Attack when it has an Adamant nature and no special attacks? Oh, and I would not recommend Leftovers for it, since it seems more like a sweeper than anything else. And besides, if it uses Explosion, it'll faint anyways, so the HP gain would be a waste of an item. Could try a Liechi berry instead, if you can find one...

That is Metagross' best moveset, but it really needs a Choice Band over Leftovers. Attacks don't always have to be about covering weaknesses. Explosion is typically used on strong Pokes (i.e. Skarmory, Tyranitar, Blissey) that would normally give Metagross problems. A CB Explosion can OHKO just about any Poke in the metagame. A CB STAB Meteor Mash does severe damage to a lot of things as well.

To the contrary, Selfdestruct can be a good move on Snorlax, if used at the right time. Like Metagross, this thing can take out a lot of obstacles. Slack Off and Toxic are the moves that are not good on Snorlax. Not good at all. Its movepool basically consists of four of the following: Curse, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Fire Blast, Rest, Selfdestruct, Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball. Careful is the best for Snorlax since it boosts its already high SDef. With very few exceptions, natures are best utilized when accentuating an already strong stat instead of attempting to cover a bad one. Careful lets Snorlax excel at what it was made to do - absorb special attacks. This Snorlax isn't helpful though since Blissey and Tyranitar are already both very weak to Fighting attacks. Swampert or a really tough physically defensive Poke like Umbreon would make the team better.

Blissey: Hmm... that Blissey looks pretty good. Though I would recommend maxing out the EV's for Defense, and sacrifice some HP in the process. Blissey's HP is phenomenal already. And if you can't find enough leftovers, Salac Berry might also be a good item if you can find one. Or something like a Lum Berry to cure herself of statuses like confusion and sleep, which would be difficult to Heal Bell out of.

Yes, Blissey MUST have Leftovers. There is no other option. Don't forget that if Blissey has the trait Natural Cure, it can healed of any status condition by simply switching out. Heal Bell is more for the rest of the team than itself.

Milotic: Milotic can already heal itself with Recover, so I don't think a Leftovers is that necessary. Other than that, I like the moveset. Hypnosis is a very overlooked move. Also, EV-wise, you might want to give some EV's to Special Attack, for an extra boost to Ice Beam and Surf. I would personally recommend a Modest nature instead, but Bold works too... as does Calm.

Leftovers comes in handy to give it extra HP recovery, especially against physical attacks that do more damage. Don't discount that. Bold should always be used for Milotic since it one of the exceptions to my previous nature rule (Blissey is also one). Bold allows it to take physical hits easier, making it a better tank.

Alakazam: Good good good. Did I not mention good?

Your Team Overall: Looks to be pretty balanced. I would have said you have a major weakness to Fighting Pokemon, but your Alakazam takes care of that easily.

I just started Emerald recently! Currently there, I have only one badge, but I also have a small team of Pokemon that consists of every Pokemon I caught and like so far. (Meaning I didn't catch Slakoth because I don't care for it much, but waited a whole eight hours for nightfall in order to get Dustox.) Anyways, so far my "team" of ten or so is:

(I usually don't post items in my teams, so...)

:t261: Kuraena (female Poochyena)
    Ability: Run Away
    Attacks: Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack

:t280: Sigmund (male Ralts)
    Ability: Synchronize
    Attacks: Confusion, Growl

:t183: Bunny (female Marill)
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Attacks: Tackle, Defense Curl, Tail whip, Water Gun
    Eh, Bunny has a Special Attack of 8... go figure.

:t263: Leili (female Zigzagoon)
    Ability: Pickup
    Attacks: Tackle, Headbutt, Tail Whip, Growl

:t290: Fiari (female Nincada)
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Attacks: Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand-Attack

:t300: Tom-Tom (male Skitty)
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip, Attract
    Surprisingly, the first three Skitty I encountered were male.

:t267: Shumi (male Beautifly)
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Swarm
    Attacks: Tackle, Absorb, Poison Sting, String Shot
    I know Timid's not the best nature, but...

:t273: Oak (male Seedot)
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Attacks: Bide, Harden, Growth
    Arrgh, this guy's hard to train...

:t285: Portabella (female Shroomish)
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Effect Spore
    Attacks: Tackle, Absorb, Stun Spore, Leech Seed
    I'm thinking she'd be great in a Smart contest as well...

:t276: Robin (female Taillow)
    Nature: Bashful
    Ability: Guts
    Attacks: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack
    Of all my Pokemon, she levels up the most quickly...

:t270: Fresa (female Lotad)
    Nature: Quirky
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Attacks: Astonish, Growl, Absorb
    I would have gone for Rain Dish had I not a fear of her being automatically KO'd by a Swellow or something...

:t269: Metheswai (female Dustox)
    Ability: Shield Dust
    Attacks: Tackle, Confusion, Poison Sting, String Shot
    Whoopee, Special Attack boost.

:t255: Sunny Dee (male Torchic)
    Ability: Blaze
    Attacks: Scratch, Ember, Focus Energy, Growl
    Well at least it's an improvement on the Torchic from my old Sapphire game, who was Bold...

:t278: Selenine (female Wingull)
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Attacks: Water Gun, Growl, Supersonic

:t293: Ikako (female Whismur)
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Soundproof
    Attacks: Pound, Uproar, Astonish
    Yaaaay, Cuteness boost!!

Well gee... most of my Pokemon have neutral natures, wonder how that happened... and three quiet natures, two gentle... okay, enough already. I don't know if I need any suggestions or anything, except maybe who to teach Rock Tomb to... Wait a minute, can any of these Pokemon even learn Rock Tomb? Hmm... *waits to catch Nosepass*

I would be more than willing to give unwanted suggestions on a team of six Pokes if you like.

I'm glad I didn't catch it yet because I was thinking about how hard it would be to get that move-set on Snorlax, and so I decided on this Electabuzz set-up recommended to me by shanecdavis instead.

- Cross Chop
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Thunderbolt / Thunder (probably the former seeing as Thunder has a crappy accuracy without rain, and Elec gets STAB on both of them anyway.)

EDIT: I don't know which pokemon to breed Electabuzz with so that it can learn cross chop, could anyone help me with that please?
    I wouldn't use Electabuzz on this team since you already have Alakazam. As I said above, Swampert or Umbreon would be much better options.

BTW - Hitmonchan can breed Fire Punch and Ice Punch to Electabuzz. Machop can breed Cross Chop and Fire Punch to Electabuzz. Only Smeargle can breed all three to Electabuzz. Don't forget that you can purchase the punches at the Battle Frontier.

This is my current (and so far only) emerald team. I just beat Juan.

Fixes and suggestion in bold:

Pokemon: AGGRON
    Nickname: Jade
    Nature: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    Item: Leftovers
    Techs:
    - Focus Punch
    - Rock Slide
    - Substitute
    - Thunder Wave

Aggron can be a pretty solid in-game Poke with the proper moveset. The strategy here is to Thunder Wave the opponent. Since the pathetic AI is programmed to rarely switch out, you can then use Substitute until the opponent either cannot break the Sub with an attack or is paralyzed for that turn. From there you can cause damage with a STAB Rock Slide or a strong Focus Punch.

Pokemon: MEGANIUM
    Nickname: Naturo
    Nature: Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    Item: Leftovers
    Techs:
    - SYNTHESIS
    - LIGHT SCREEN
    - Leech Seed
    - RAZOR LEAF / Giga Drain

Meganium is outclassed by Venusaur, but is pretty good in its own right. Its best used as a tank. Light Screen can be used to help itself or as a pseudo-phaser for the rest of your team. Leech Seed helps in HP recovery and the last slot is preference. Also avoid using the crappy held items that only boost one type. Leftovers would definitely be a better option.

Pokemon: TYPHLOSION
    Nickname: Incineron
    Nature: TIMID
    Item: Shell Bell / Lum Berry
    Techs:
    - Flamethrower
    - Substitute / Toxic
    - Sunny Day / Toxic
    - Thunderpunch

Four Fire moves isn't good strategy as it severely limits the versatility of Typhlosion. Being a crappy Fire-type, it needs all the help it can get. Sunny Day will further ruin Feraligatr though. This really is your weak link.

Pokemon: FERALIGATR
    Nickname: Vortex
    Nature: ADAMANT
    Item: Leftovers / Shell Bell
    Techs:
    - Earthquake
    - Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance

Totally outclassed by Swampert that sports a STAB Earthquake and an immunity to Electric attacks. Feraligatr is also best used as a physical attacker. Swords Dance boosts its Atk and Hydro Pump should be used to cover the -SAtk nature.

Pokemon: CROBAT
    Nickname: Shadow
    Nature: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    Item: Choice Band
    Techs:
    - Aerial Ace
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Steel Wing / Return

Again, ineffective moveset. Crobat is meant to be a physical attacker and with its great speed and two STAB physical attacks, it can do some serious damage. This should also be your lead Poke since it can typically attack first and attack hard.

Pokemon: MEW
    Nickname: Phycon
    Item: Leftovers / Shell Bell / Lum Berry
    Techs:
    - Psychic / Calm Mind
    - Ice Beam
    - Softboiled
    - Thunder / Thunderbolt

Not much you can do about the nature. Pretty cheap sporting a Legendary, but it really isn't the uber type like Mewtwo and it is your team afterall. I would go special attacker with the superb Softboiled. Psychic or Calm Mind, depending on your preference.

Has anyone got any advice?
    I would suggest taking out the ineffective Typhlosion and adding a strong physical defensive Poke like Weezing, Skarmory, Forretress, or Umbreon. Good luck.

Years
    My team was as follows:

Blastoise lv 100
    Golem lv 100
    Fearow lv 100
    Victreebel lv 100
    Alakazam lv 100
    Ninetales lv 100

I would still have this team if my brother hadn't misplaced/lost my game when he took it without permission when we went out for his birthday dinner. He also misplaced/lost my Sapphire version, which had several high-level Pokemon as well.

Ravena_Mitarashi

I'mToCoolForSchool.)\Rave na/(
    Years
    My team is:

Blastiose lv.78
    Jolly Nature
    Hydro Pump
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Fissure

Raikou lv.91
    Lonely Nature
    Thunder
    Extremespeed
    Thunderbolt
    Iron Tail

Mewtwo lv. 92
    Bashful Nature
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Iron Tail
    Confusion

Arcticuno lv.71
    Bold Nature
    Ice Beam
    Sky Attack
    Aerial Ace
    Blizzard

Zapdos lv. 72
    Bashful Nature
    Thunder
    Drill Peck
    Aerial Ace
    Sky Attack

Moltres lv. 73
    Quirky Nature
    Overheat
    Aerial Ace
    Sky Attack
    Fire Blast

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2007
    My team on Firered is:

Pikachu
    Level: 32
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Quick attack, Slam, Flash

Charizard
    Leve[i/]:l 41
    Moves: Fly, Wing attack, Flamethrower, Metal claw

Geodude
    Level: 12
    Moves: Tackle, Defense curl, Mud sport, Rock throw

Rattata
    Level: 12
    Moves: Tackle, Tail whip, Quick attack

Farfetch'd
    Moves: Peck, Sand attack, Cut, Leer

Diglett
    Level: 19
    Moves: Scratch, Growl, Magnitude, Dig

Years
    Hitmonlee TRAINING
    Lv. 28
    Lonely Nature
    -Rolling Kick
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Brick Break
    -Focus Energy

Nidoking
    Lv. 35
    Calm Nature
    -Rock Slide
    -Peck (Rid when I get Earthquake)
    -Cut (Rid when I get Sludge Bomb)
    -Brick Break

Blastoise
    Lv. 37
    Naive Nature
    -Bite
    -Surf
    -Water Pulse
    -Protect

Vaporeon
    Lv. 36
    Timid Nature
    -Hyper Beam
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Aurora Beam

Dragonair
    Lv. 36
    Bashful Nature
    -Thunderwave
    -Twister
    -Dragon Rage
    -Slam

Pidgeot
    Lv. 36
    Bashful Nature
    -Wing Attack
    -Aerial Ace
    -Featherdance
    -Quick Attack

I'm thinking of restarting with only Charmander and Pidgeot. And I have FireRed not LeafGreen.

Years
    Alrighty, update on my team on my new file!
    I am currently in Saffron City. I'm about to go into the big scary building. o.o

Pokémon Team
    Zuby (Golbat)
    Lv.37 @Blackglasses
    Aerial Ace
    Bite
    Confuse Ray
    Air Cutter

Extremeape(Primeape)
    Lv.36
    Cross Chop
    Rage
    Karate Chop
    Mega Punch

Stringy(Victreebel)
    Lv.33
    Vine Whip
    Sleep Powder
    Acid
    Cut

Mimien(Mr. Mime)
    Lv.28
    Confusion
    Dream Eater
    Magical Leaf
    Flash

That's my main team. I got two other Pokémon that I sometimes use.

Talon(Pinsir-Gamecorner)
    Lv.18
    Vicegrip
    Seismic Toss
    Bind
    Focus Energy

and

Crossbone(Cubone-Just caught)
    Lv.17
    Tail whip
    Bone Club
    Headbutt
    Leer

Alrighty, those are my Pokémon currently. I will update again, once I am facing the Elite Four. =)

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    I gave a huge problem, I was wondering if anybody could recommend any other good Blissey set-ups as I've hatched about 15 different Chanseys but none a have a bold nature. The current move-set is:

Blissey @ Leftovers
    - Heal Bell
    - Ice Beam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    EVs:
    Bold (+Def, -Atk) 200 HP/252 Def/56 SA

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Blissey should really only be Bold. Otherwise it will get destroyed too easily by physical attacks. If you have Emerald, catch a Bold Ditto and then give it the Everstone and breed it with a Blissey. You have 50% chance of the baby Chansey being Bold.

kyogre1940

Ultimate Champion
    Years
    Mine is...

Your Pokémon Team

Blaziken: Lv. 100

Thunderpunch
    Swords Dance
    Flamethrower
    Sky Uppercut

Your Pokémon Team

Kyogre: Lv. 100(Shiny)

Water Spout
    Surf
    Thunder
    Ice Beam

Your Pokémon Team

Mew: Lv. 100

Rock Slide
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Surf

Your Pokémon Team

Groudon: Lv. 100

Earthquake
    Strength
    Flamethrower
    Solarbeam

Your Pokémon Team

Jirachi: Lv. 100

Doom Desire
    Metronome
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt

Your Pokémon Team

Dragonite: Lv. 99

Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    :)
    All pictures courtesy of wikipedia

Last edited:

~BlackHeartedWolf~

Naruto *Love love*
    Years
    Emerald

lvl 60 Salamence
    lvl 55 Walrein
    lvl 57 Flygon
    lvl 52 Metagrosse
    lvl 100 rayquaza
    lvl 60 Sceptile

My armys not to great but it sure kiss some pretty good butt

Except you have 3 Pokemon that share the same types (Dragon). Personally, I would say lose Rayquaza, and replace it with something else...since your team lacks an Electric Type, I would say replace Rayquaza with a Manectric. Manectric might have crappy defense, but they are very powerful. I stuck a Thunderbolt on mine, and she became a slaughter machine. The rest of the team looks okay, although it's hard to say without movesets. Perhaps you could post those?

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
    Years
    mine is.....

Wartortle Spearow Butterfree Bellsprout Sandshrew
    Level-29 Level-19 level-16 level-16 level-12
    Rapid spin Peck Sleep powder Vine Whip Scratch
    Watergun Pursuit Confusion Wrap Defense Curl
    Bubble Leer Poison Powder Growth Sand-Attack
    Bite Fury attack Stun Spore Sleep powder Cut

I know this isn't very good but i just started the game

Status