• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korq

Prof. Korq
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2007
    Hi^^
    My Fire Red team is:
    Blastoise Lv.37
    Pidgeot Lv.36
    Vileplume Lv.35
    Flareon Lv.36
    Snorlax Lv. 34
    Hitmonlee Lv. 32

Any suggestions?

Years
    I had Blaziken (92), Altaria (76), Flygon (83 or 84), Glaile (67), Skitty (62) and Lombre ( 71[?]).

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    lesse....
    Gardevoir (31)
    Seviper (32)
    Lairon(32)
    Gyarados(31)
    trapinch (26)

haven't got around to a 6th pokemon yet, and no I don't use starters its more interesting this way.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Thanks for all your suggestions shancecdavis!! And you are totally right about FLY, but I have it on my moveset because since this is an in-game team and I still have stuff to do on the game, I need it to fly around, and I'm too lazy to do the whole take it out of the box, fly, put it back in the box thing everytime I wanna get somewhere (same reason why I keep my HM slave w/ me in my party), but I'm in total agreement about the crappyness of Fly in-battle.

I only have Sapphire and don't have any other poke games to trade with to get FRLG & G/S/C pokes, I can only use Sapphire poke. I was thinking of adding Stamie, Banette, Medicham, & Heracross to my team
    would this be a good moveset for Banette?

Banette
    ShadowBall, Toxic, Will-o-Wisp, HP Fight
    Starmie and either Medicham or Heracross would be fine. Banette is a bit meh. Good Atk, but mediocre defenses. I wouldn't trust your Hidden Power either, unless you cheated to get it. Grudge or even Thunderbolt would be an option for that last slot.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
    Okay

Crobat Level 100
    Male
    Naughty

-Wing Attack
    -Shadow Ball
    -Bite
    -Poison Fang

Snorlax Level 100
    Male
    Adamant

-Shadow Ball
    -Rest
    -Return
    -Earthquake

Blissey Level 100
    Female
    Modest

-Ice Beam
    -Softboiled
    -Counter
    -Seismic Toss

Ditto Level 100
    Genderless
    Timid

- Transform

Wobbuffet Level 100
    Male
    Bold

-Safeguard
    -Destiny Bond
    -Counter
    -Mirror Coat

Gengar Level 100
    -not sure of gender-
    Mild

-Dream Eater
    -Hypnosis
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic

If I had Emerald or I knew someone with it, I'd have a Smeargle but I know nobody with such game.

I have Fire Red and Sapphire.

Sometimes I substitute one of those with Starmie (got staryu from sapph and bred)

Starmie Level 100
    Genderless
    Modest

-Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind

I am strongly against Legendaries/Ubers. They can win easily without any strategy whatsoever.

PLEASE RATE!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Fixes in bold:
    Okay

Crobat Level 100
    Male
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Aerial Ace
    - Return/Steel Wing
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb

Crobat is a great in-game lead and an effective sweeper. Sludge Bomb is a MUST. I also suggest AA over WA, but WA still works. AA just always hits, which comes in hand against an opponent who uses crappy moves like Double Team. I prefer Return because I use Choice Band and it makes Return hit that much harder, but Steel Wing is okay since it can damage slow Rock-types. You probably don't want to take the time to change the nature, but Adamant makes Crobat hit harder.

Snorlax Level 100
    Male
    Adamant

-Shadow Ball
    -Rest
    -Return
    -Earthquake

A Snorlax.

Blissey Level 100
    Female
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)

-Ice Beam
    -Softboiled
    -Counter
    -Seismic Toss

You would do better to shore up Blissey's defenses than attacks. Evs should be 212 HP, 240 Def, 58 SAtk.

Ditto Level 100
    Genderless
    Timid

- Transform

If it works for you then great. If this is in-game, I sure wouldn't want to copy the AI's crappy movesets. You are better off taking this guy out and permanently adding Starmie.

Wobbuffet Level 100
    Male
    Bold

-Safeguard
    -Destiny Bond
    -Counter
    -Mirror Coat

Pssst. In competitive circles, this guy classifies as 'Uber'. As you said below, with Wobbuffet you "can win easily without any strategy whatsoever". You have two good special walls in BlissLax, but you really need a physical wall. Umbreon, Weezing, Lapras, Skarmory, Steelix, Forretress, and the like. Insert a good physical wall here.

Gengar Level 100
    -not sure of gender-
    Mild

- Focus Punch
    - Ice Punch/Giga Drain
    - Substitute/Hypnosis

- Thunderbolt

Don't use Psychic on Gengar. Non-STAB Psychic doesn't do a whole lot. Dream Eater is also not a great move. Go with McGar. Sub up and then sweep either physically with FP, or specially with IP/GD/TB. Since IP can only be learned through a move tutor in Emerald, go with GD. It does good damage and replenishes the HP you pay for Sub.

If I had Emerald or I knew someone with it, I'd have a Smeargle but I know nobody with such game.

You don't need Smeargle.

I have Fire Red and Sapphire.

Sometimes I substitute one of those with Starmie (got staryu from sapph and bred)

Starmie Level 100
    Genderless
    Modest

- Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Thunderbolt

A STAB Surf and BoltBeam make Psychic useless. CM is nice, but Recover is much better. This is your pure, unadulterated sweeper with a great healing move. Replace Ditto with it.

I am strongly against Legendaries/Ubers. They can win easily without any strategy whatsoever.

Good to hear. Legis/Ubers can become a crutch for trainers, especially in-game. It gives them a false sense of ability, and then they are surprised when they battle against someone else and they get their butts handed to them.

PLEASE RATE!
    Pretty good team. Is this just for in-game or do you use it in the Battle Tower as well? If strictly in-game, I would suggest breed this team again and keep the levels in the high 40's or low 50's to at least make the game a little challenging. I would also suggest you get Emerald, where the AI is a little smarter and you have the Battle Frontier to battle in instead of just the BT.

Rho

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2007
    Arg, you're all makin' me jealous with the high levels. I'm struggling to get past 52. Oi. xD

Blaziken 52
    Alakazam 52
    Flygon 51
    Absol 52
    Tentacruel 50
    Metagross 51

I want to do the Battle Frontier at 60, and maybe higher. Any suggestions for leveling without endlessly fighting Pokemon in Victory Road, or the Elite Four ooover and over and over? D:

Midnight_Dragon249

AGUryuka/LOPvalkus/GUILxeros
    Years
    Ahahahaha! My teams=
    Ruby~Sceptile, Swampert, Blaziken, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Groudon.
    Sapphire~Mewtwo, Kyogre, Blaziken, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres.
    Emerald~Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza.

One of the Kyogres is from Sapphire, one is from Emerald, but the one on Ruby is a clone. But no joke. These are my real teams. And I am an oober trainer. Nyah! Okay, okay, I changed Emerald about 3 seconds before I made this post so I wouldn't be a liar. It was-
    Raichu, Ninetales, Umbreon (from Colosseum), Gardevoir, Dragonair, and Absol. My favorite non-starter/legendaries.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Arg, you're all makin' me jealous with the high levels. I'm struggling to get past 52. Oi. xD

Blaziken 52
    Alakazam 52
    Flygon 51
    Absol 52
    Tentacruel 50
    Metagross 51

I want to do the Battle Frontier at 60, and maybe higher. Any suggestions for leveling without endlessly fighting Pokemon in Victory Road, or the Elite Four ooover and over and over? D:
    First of all, I commend you for not needing Legendaries in your team. Skilled trainers have no need for them. As for training, if you have Emerald, I would highly suggest battling Gabby and Ty. They can be found on Route 111, then Route 118, then Route 120, and then back on Route 111. This is a double battle and they will rotate between those routes. You will battle Magneton and Exploud. What you need is your first Poke with a strong Earthquake move. Your second Poke is the one you want to level up. The third one should be one that can fly or Levitate. You also need a HM slave that knows Fly to get from route to route. Your first Poke should hold Amulet Coin or Lucky Egg. The second is Exp Share. The third should hold Amulet Coin or Lucky Egg. What happens is you EQ with the first and switch out the second with the third. EQ will OHKO Maggie and will OHKO Exploud, if you trained the first Poke properly. Since you switched in your third that flies or Levitates, EQ will miss. Battle over. Since your second Poke had Exp Share, it will get 75% of the Exp Points. Amulet Coin will double the money you get for the battle. Lucky Egg will increase the experience gained by 50%. That is easiest and quickest way to level up your Pokes, since you can battle over and over. Better yet, after you battle enough, they will stay on Route 111, increasing the speed that you can level up even more.

Rho

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2007
    Ooh, that worked for the most part, thank ya. Well, everything but the Lucky Egg. Too lazy to go find FireRed and get one, but it didn't take much time anyway.

...I found Latios, too, by accident, while surfing from Mauville to Route 118. Hah.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    In Sapphire, I'm training new members for my team because I've traded pretty many to my Fire Red.

Manectric lv52
    Metagross lv 60
    Sceptile lv100(my original starter, very sucky moves :P)
    Dusclops lv46
    Walrein lv52
    Pelipper lv89(one of my first captures, part of my original team, hasn't been trained lately)

Also waiting for more training on box:
    Ninjask lv49
    Cacturne lv 49
    Flygon lv50
    Cradily lv50
    That's about it.

mizike2468

pokemaniac
    Years
    I just started over but I will post my team any ways:

Ivysaur Lv. 30:
    Cut
    Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Razor Leaf

Golem Lv. 29:
    Selfdestruct
    Rollout
    Magnitude
    Rock Throw

Hitmonchan Lv. 30:
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch
    Mach Punch

Fearow Lv. 31:
    Aerial Ace
    Pursuit
    Fly
    Fury Attack

Gyarados Lv. 29
    Dragon Rage
    Hyper Beam
    Bite
    Water Pulse

Yes I know I only have five pokemon I need to get one more but I don't know which one to get!! If you have any suggestions at all, do not hesitate to post!! POST SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Since you asked, here are a few tips when it comes to building your team:

NEVER give the same Poke more than one attacking move of the same type (i.e. Giga Drain and Razor Leaf on Ivysaur). It is redundant and prevents the Poke from being more rounded.

NEVER give HM moves not called Surf to your team. That is what HM slaves are for. Put four HM moves on a Poke and then pull it out of your PC when you need it. It could even be your sixth Poke during the first portion of the game.

NEVER use crappy two-turn moves like Hyper Beam or Fly. Other moves can do more damage in two turns than these moves can do in one.

As for your team, fixes in bold:
    I just started over but I will post my team any ways:

Ivysaur Lv. 30:
    - Sleep Powder
    - Synthesis

- Leech Seed
    - Sludge Bomb

Sleep Powder comes in very handy. Sludge Bomb for physical STAB attacks, and replace Giga Drain with Synthesis when you can (Venusaur learns it at Lv53).

Golem Lv. 29:
    - Double-Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Explosion
    - Rock Blast/Rock Slide

Replace Selfdestruct with Explosion when you can. Rock Blast works well if you don't want to breed for Rock Slide. DE doesn't do any recoil damage if your Golem is Rock Head instead of Sturdy.

Hitmonchan Lv. 30:
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch
    Mach Punch

No, no, no, no. Resist the urge to use elemental punches because Hitmonchan's SAtk has a horrid base of 35. Not many Pokes are worse in that regard. Honestly, Hitmonchan is one of the crappiest Fighters in the game. Even Machoke is better. Go with Machamp or even Hitmonlee.

Fearow Lv. 31:
    - Drill Peck
    - Quick Attack
    - Return
    - Steel Wing

Fearow's movepool is pretty limited. That is what makes Dodrio so much better. Well, that and better stats. If you don't want to breed for QA, then you can keep Pursuit. I would breed though since starting over would help you increase its happiness faster and make Return hit harder.

Gyarados Lv. 29
    Dragon Rage
    Hyper Beam
    Bite
    Water Pulse

Gyarados is not a great in-game Poke since it has such a limited movepool. It is a great physical attacker, but since you cannot get decent Hidden Power moves in-game, it leaves it lacking. I would use Vaporeon, Jynx, or Lapras here instead.

Yes I know I only have five pokemon I need to get one more but I don't know which one to get!! If you have any suggestions at all, do not hesitate to post!! POST SUGGESTIONS!!!!!!
    Not bad. What you are missing is a good special attacker. I would suggest Alakazam or Gengar. Good luck!

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    Could somebody rate/fix my Sapphire lv100 BattleTower Team?

Latias (Special Wall)
    Item: Soul Dew
    Psychic (STAB move + Lowering SP.DEF is handy))
    Dragonbreath (STAB move + 30% PAR chance)
    Recover (Self-explainitory)
    Refresh (Self-explainitory + lifesaver for toxic)

Skarmory (Physical Wall)
    Item: Scope Lens (Critical Hits suure come in handy!)
    Steel Wing (STAB move + Can raise DEF)
    Fly (Great for avoiding Sky Attack, other flys, etc.)
    Swift (Invaluable for Double Teamers, Flyers, Diggers, Divers, etc.)
    Agility<--Thinking about changing (Should I just do the ol' Roar/Spikes?)

Blaziken (Yeah...)
    Item: Leftovers
    Blaze Kick (STAB move + High critical hit ratio)
    Brick Break (STAB move + Can break pesky Light Screens and Reflects + lifesaver against Rock and Steel types)
    Slash* (Good Solid Move + High Critical Hit ratio)
    Facade* (Slightly more accurate than Slash** + boosts stength when BRNed, PARed, or PSNed)

Why did I pick these three? Well I did some studying and comparrisons, and I found out that these three together have at least one resistance to every type except rock. Hoo Hah!

*Yeah I know, not very creative, any other ideas?
    **Went against Starmie who maxed out DoubleTeam, it actually hit once in a while... as opposed to slash

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    yah get a dodrio NOW. fearow is so crappy.

well, i don't really have much of a team anymore on LG since i started over for D/P, but i do have my initial team that i used to beat the elite four.

i would post them, but i just want some suggestions for my blastoise. it seems all i use him for is surf, and yet, he's my strongest poke.

Blastoise LV 77 (Mystic Water)
    -Surf
    -Bite *trying to get rid of this... maybe for ice beam*
    -Strength *yah i know, but it's always been a tradition ._.*
    -Hydro Cannon *i know many are not fond of this move, but it comes in handy*

ice beam doesn't seem necessary with blastoise for some reason. it's a shame wartortle doesn't learn crunch >/

mizike2468

pokemaniac
    Years
    Since you asked, here are a few tips when it comes to building your team:

NEVER give the same Poke more than one attacking move of the same type (i.e. Giga Drain and Razor Leaf on Ivysaur). It is redundant and prevents the Poke from being more rounded.

NEVER give HM moves not called Surf to your team. That is what HM slaves are for. Put four HM moves on a Poke and then pull it out of your PC when you need it. It could even be your sixth Poke during the first portion of the game.

NEVER use crappy two-turn moves like Hyper Beam or Fly. Other moves can do more damage in two turns than these moves can do in one.

As for your team, fixes in bold:

Not bad. What you are missing is a good special attacker. I would suggest Alakazam or Gengar. Good luck!
    thank you shanecdavis a lot. I took what you said a little bit into consideration and I then made the following changes to my team:

I gave hitmonchan the boot and replaced him with:

Growlithe Lv. 21
    Roar
    Flamethrower
    Leer
    Odor sleuth(whatever that does)

yes I know I need to work on growlithe's moveset ALOT

I think the movesets you made for my team are awesome except for that venusaur has no attacking grass moves!!
    All the other pokemon are great though. The only thing is I don't know where to get all those moves!! Thats okay, though. I guess they learn all of them naturally; if not i'll use tms.

Another change I've made is that for my final pokemon, I chose

Jolteon Lv. 25
    Thunderbolt
    Sand attack
    Shock Wave (yes, it almost stinks but it is awesome if a foe uses sand attack or double team)
    Quick attack

Post and tell me what you think please!!!!

P.S. My Ivysaur evolved!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back