• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Top 10 Pokemon of the 4th Generation?

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    My favorite pokes from Gen IV

1.Electivire
    2.Gliscor
    3.Drapion
    4.Weavile
    5.Gastrodon
    6.Infernape
    7.Leafeon
    8.Togekiss
    9.Dusknoir
    10.Mamoswine

Many new evos for old pokes :)

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    Favorites up to 4th gen, that means 1-4th gen.

1. Flygon/Dragonite/Salamence
    2. Flygon/Dragonite/Salamence
    3. Flygon/Dragonite/Salamence

Throughout my plays of Pokemon, I've always had a very hard time deciding which of these is my favorite. I've always loved Dragonite, since the start, but then Salamence cam in and he was just this powerful dragon, and I fell in love with it. But then... Flygon came as I received a Flawless, Shiny, Adamant, EV Trained Flygon in a trade, and before it even liked me much, she slaughtered an entire team in an online battle against a guy that EV trained and IV bred his guys too, and this included a Mamoswine and Frosslass. Ever since then, I've been juggling them around.

4. Gyarados

One of the most underrated Pokemon ever, in my opinion. Simply because of his 4x weakness to Electricity, but how badass is this guy? He can easily take out an unprepared team, he ALWAYS helps me get through games, even when he's 20 levels under an E4's Pokemon, he still manages to slaughter them. This guy is completely perfect, and will always rank among my favorite Pokemon.

5. Metagross

I don't think I need to explain this one, but I will anyway.. TWO weaknesses, in addition to his insane power. This guy is a perfect package and can easily wreck a team with his great Movepool + Bulk. Overall just perfect, and it looks awesome shiny.

6. Typhlosion

one of my favorite fire types and fire type starters, and I've loved all the Fire-Starters, he just looks awesome, has a decent move-pool, one of the few fire types that can play off Flamethrower nicely, this guy is just awesome overall.

7. Rayquaza/Luxray

These two tied for my 7th spot. Rayquaza is just perfect, no argument about it. He can take down almost everything in his path, trained right, he could be a dangerous force to be reckoned with. Rayquaza is one of the greatest legendaries ever. Luxray isn't nearly as powerful, but he just looks awesome! He looks super bad-ass, but his speed is what ruins him majorly.

8. Aerodactyl/Crobat

Everyone knows that Aerodactyl is insanely powerful. He also looks really awesome. He's fast enough to take out tough lightning types with Earthquake, he can learn some dragon moves, hell, his movepool overall is huge! This guy is the total package. Crobat may not be as strong, but he is still strong nonetheless, who would have thought that Zubat could evolve into something that awesome?

9. Mewtwo

Enough said.

10. Kingdra

ONE weakness. That's right, ONE weakness. Besides for Kingdra's low movepool, he is perfect. He has always been tough to take down, and while it's kinda hard to clear an entire team with it, he can sure pack a punch to teams with no bulky dragon types.

marcc5m

what
    Years
    1/ Giratina
    I like Pokemon Platinum.

2/ Infernape
    Eek eek ooh.

3/ Lucario
    That movie was good.

4/ Turtwig
    Hero in a half shell.

5/ Shinx line
    They're all electrifying.

6/ Cranidos/Rampardos
    Yay awesome.

7/ This is Sinnoh we're talking about right?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    Heres my Top 10, purely on 4th Gen Pokemon.

10) Luxray
    9) Infernape
    8) Dusknoir
    7) Garchomp
    6) Darkrai
    5) Giratina
    4) Bronzong
    3) Gliscor
    2) Lucario
    1) Rotom!

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    1. Gallade
    2. Gyarados
    3. Rhyperior
    4. Lucario
    5. Scizor
    6. Luxray
    7. Infernape
    8. Empoleon (Napoleon, lol)
    9. Giratina (Reverse world form)
    10. ---

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    1-Staraptor2-Luxray3-Feraligatr (did you catch that)4-Torterra5-Empoleon6-Infernape7-Lucario8-Abomasnow9-Gallade10-Garchomp

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
    10-Altaria
    9-Charizard
    8-Tyranitar
    7-Garchomp
    6-Nidoking
    5-Pidgeott
    4-Zapdos
    3-Ninetails
    2-Scyther
    1-Lugia

Your Top 10 Pokemon of the 4th Generation?

Pkmn-Br33der

Consistent Trader;D
    Years
    I am looking at everyones opinion on what their TOP 10 is, and it is very, .....DIFFERENT! I love everyones opinion on the TOP 10 but I have another thing to add to what is your favorite top 10, who are your favorite among fire, water, grass, rock, fighting, electric, ghost, and dragons! Mine is this

FIRE:
    Heatran because of its movepool being so huge with the choice of explosion to just kill off something when u are almost out of energy. Another thing I like is his special move, magma storm with the effect of trapping his opponent and burning the pokemon is great, especially with the great power. ;D

WATER:
    Swampert is my favorite water pokemon because of his two types being water and ground and having an immunity to electric! He also has the moves to kill a wide variety of pokemon such as dragonite, heatran, and electivire, and dont forget the Latis!

GRASS:
    Breloom is OMFG beast everytime I see him in action. He has the capabilty of putting his opponents pokes to sleep by spore with a 100% accuracy and then going for a focus punch with STAB, and if not that, then go leech the opponent and suck up his life as well. Another great thing is his ability of poison heal. With that and toxic orb, you are also gaining about 15% hp back! Doesnt he sound UNSTOPPABLE!

ROCK:
    Tyranitar is such a sexy and strong beast that everyone hates to see on the other side of them, i mean come on his ability of summoning a sandstorm to battle and knocking out little hp every turn to the opponent who is not a rock, ground, or steel pokemon is very nice. Also his great stats and great STAB moves is another thing that makes him my favorite Rock poke.

FIGHTING:
    Lucario is LUCARIO LMFAO.

ELECTRIC:
    Electivire is my "MUST HAVE" in every single team I run because his great movepool and high atk and speed stats make him my favorite, and also his ability motor drive to take in any electric type move thrown at it and gain speed is just an extra bonus;D

GHOST:
    Froslass is my favorite ghost poke because he has my well known favorite move, spikes! You may be thinking spikes, pssh, rapid spin!, but you cant becuase he is a GHOST! Another reason he is my favorite because he has thunder wave, and not only that high speed stats that can literally outrun most of the potential popular leads in the metagame!

DRAGONS:
    Dragonite! Oh Dragonite....He has soo much to talk about like his over 400 atk stat, HUGE move-pool, Average speed combined with Choice Scarf for an easy finish. OMG I love him

NOW WHO IS UR FAVORITE?

James in Flames

Cooooool!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Took this to mean favorite 10 pokemon up to the 4th gen, might be wrong but...eh.

10) Poliwrath
    9) Kabutops
    8) Lucario
    7) Mew
    6) Gallade
    5) Umbreon
    4) Weavile
    3) Rotom
    2) Gengar
    1) Ludicolo

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Alrightty then :]

10) Togekiss
    9) Shaymin
    8) Gallade
    7) Mantyke
    6) Dialga
    5) Lumineon
    4) Lopunny
    3) Weavile
    2) Leafeon
    1) Staraptor

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    To correspond with the Post title, I'll be posting Pokemon introduced in the fourth gen only.

10. Azelf

Azelf is a good Pokemon, ingame and competitively. Its typing gives it quite a number of counters, but it backed up with the proper teammates, it can be a fantastic lead and scout.

And he is the coolest among the sprites.

9. Torterra

Nice typing, STAB Wood Hammer and Earthquake, cool design. What more can I ask more?

8. Lucario

He was speculated to be a legendary from the very beginning. His stats are very good, a diverse movepool, makes Lucario a very unpredictable Pokemon. And he is used by the Champion.

7. Roserade

Not as girly as his pre-evo. He is like the Phantom of the Opera, with his bouquet of flowers. He is very cool.

6. Togekiss

My favorite flying-type by far. Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Drain Punch, Flamethrower. so diverse movepool. + Serene Grace for added effects.

5. Glaceon/ Leafeon

I have been a fan of Eeveelutions since Jolteon, and they never ceased to make it to my top 10 list.

4. Garchomp

Uber dragon, with monstrous Speed and Attack makes this beast a force to be reckoned with. I always try to fit in a counter for Garchomp in my teams.

3. Electivire

My favorite new evolution. Finally, a physically-inclined Electric type Pokemon. Dream come true.

2. Gliscor

Another awesome Pokemon with a great design. His fangs are so badass, I can imagine him being a dark-type. But he's not, that's why he didn't make it to my top 1.

1. Infernape

Epic Gen IV Pokemon ever made. Mixed Sweeper, nice SpA and Atk stats, good ingame starter, Grass Knot + Mach Punch + Close Combat access. Definitely my favorite starter after Samurott.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sticking with just Fourth Gen Pokemon myself. Now, in no particular order:

1. Togekiss
    2. Roserade
    3. Torterra
    4. Luxray
    5. Cherrim
    6. Shaymin
    7. Porygon-Z
    8. Honchkrow
    9. Gallade
    10. Gliscor

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Here's my top ten!
    1. Togekiss
    2. Glameow
    3. Buneary
    4. Pachirisu
    5. Cherubi
    6. Drifblim
    7. Piplup
    8. Shaymin
    9. Mesprit & Azelf
    10. Glaceon

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Let's have a go at this, then:

1. Magnezone: I'm a sucker for third-stage critters, but something about Maggie here sets it apart from the others, for some reason.
    2. Gallade: Mainly due to the typing and design.
    3. Lucario: Again, cool typing, and a really good critter to have in a team.
    4. Togekiss: It manages the unenviable feat of having me like the Togepi line, which is an achievement in and of itself.
    5. Yanmega: I didn't particularly care for Yanma, but Yanmega speaks to me in a weird way, for some reason.
    6. Garchomp: Awesome critter that would ordinarily be higher if it didn't keep defeating my team!
    7. Porygon-Z: Sucker for third-stage critters who got their evolutions in this generation.
    8. Electivire: Ditto (not the critter, obviously).
    9. Magmortar: Ditto (again).
    10. Empoleon: A starter that I might have actually not abandoned for once, which says a lot.
    I should probably caveat this list by saying that only the top four came to mind straight away. Had to go on Serebii to refresh my memory of most of the critters, unfortunately.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Intresting, right this might take time...

#1: Glameow/Purugly, I'm a fan of cats and I think this Pokémon has a great total stat
    #2: Combee/Vespiquen, So cute yet fierce, I love its defence and it's design overall, a brilliant Pokémon.
    #3: Bronzor/Bronzong, Although a pain to take down, when using this Pokémon it can land some heavy, hard hits!
    #4: Empoleon, My first Sinnoh starter and I just love the evolution line of all three!
    #5: Roserade, One of my first Level 100's and thats because this Pokémon is beautiful.
    #6: Glaceon, Such a cutie this one.. never used it in battle yet but I just love how it looks.
    #7: Leafeon, Although it may look harmless, it is powerful, gorgeous.
    #8: Honchkrow, Something really attracted to me to this Pokémon.. maybe because I love all the bird Pokémon.
    #9:Staraptor, Powerful, Fast, Great design = Win.
    #10: Drifblim, So unique but intresting and it's stats are brilliant and it's moves.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Mmm, this isn't in any order but it looks fun!

1. Bidoof - The Stunfisk of fourth gen, the Pokemon that loves to be hated. Just so cute and derpy looking.
    2. Kricketune - One of the only Pokemon I had caught when I came back to my Pearl after over a year, I always loved the design of these. Soooo cool.
    3. Drifloon - It's adorable!!!!
    4. Leafeon/Glaceon - Really nice and a great set of evolutions for Eevee.
    6. Gliscor - Purely for competitive reasons I like him. :3;
    7. Glameow - Pretty cool cat design, tbh.
    8. Riolu - Lucario is meh but Riolu is actually super cute.
    9. Spiritomb - No weaknesses yeahhh.
    10. Shinx - Not a fan of the evolutions but the original is super cute and cool-looking.

After 6 I had like nothing, lol.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    1. Luxray
    2. Vespiquen
    3. Chatot
    4. Porygon - Z
    5. Skuntank
    6. Empoleon
    7. Lopunny
    8. Froslass
    9. Tangrowth
    10. Torterra

Now that I look at the Sinnoh pokemon not many new pokemon were introduced in the 4th generation.

Last edited:
    Back