• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 5 Types

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
  • Just as the title says, What are your to 5 favourite types and if possible why?

I'll start
    1. Bug - I love bugs just for one reason. They are the underdogs. Not many people like them and by stats they are not the strongest, yet they are just so cool.
    2. Dark - Dark types are mysterious and cool. They are pretty stong as well and mightyena is one :)
    3. Water - Water used to be my favourite as it was a great defensive type and I always choose the water starter. Now i dont love it as much but still number 3
    4. Ground - Ground type pokemon are really really cool. Eartquake is a very strong move used by many competetive battlers. I love nearly everyone cept for stunfisk and claydol
    5. Ice - Not sure why I like ice. Maybe it is cause they are the only good dragon killers and they are also pretty rare.

Theres my top 5, now what are yours.

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    1. Ghost
    2. Ground
    3. Poison
    4. Fire
    5. Rock

Probably in that order.

Ghost is definitely my favorite type because of how awesome the designs for 80% of Ghost-type Pokemon are. I love their Pokedex entries and Shadow Ball was one of my favorite attacks way back in Pokemon Crystal. Ground is next because my Cubone is one of my favorite Pokemon. After snooping around, I discovered that I also love Rhyhorn, Gastrodon (pink), Wooper, Vibrava, Gliscor, Claydol, (and the list goes on). I just happen to like the design on Poison-type Pokemon, like Muk and Ariados. Fire because it's one of my favorite offensive types (but I never actually use them on Fire-types, oddly). It's the absolute best when Manectric can use Overheat and Shibirudon can use Flamethrower. Rock is last because it's there to cover fossil Pokemon, which are some of my favorites, and the stony Pokemon that aren't Ground-type already.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1. Water (my first starter was Mudkip, a Water Pokemon. That, and it has good neutral coverage)
    2. Fighting (a lot of Pokemon of those types with this type have good designs, like Gallade. Also, most of them specialize in brute strength, which is one of my specialties)
    3. Dragon (same with Fighting Pokemon)
    4. Fire (sometimes I use the starter of that type when I don't feel like using the Water starter)
    5. Steel (most have a good set of resistances)

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    1. Dragon- I just love dragons, dragon is a good typing, resistant to a lot of common types, and weak to rarer ones. It also is neutral against almost everything when attacking, and they have access to dragon dance, my favorite power-up move.

2. Electric- Weak only to ground, and dominate everything else. They usually have good designs and attacking/speed stats. See: Jolteon, one of my favs.

3. Ghosts- Can't touch this! Invulnerable to 2 types, and many have levitate making it 3. Ghosts typically look awesome, and they're a little "darker" (and before dark even existed)

4. Fighting- Take any type, and add fighting. It's instantly a high attack, large movepool, bipedal, punching, "fighting" machine. Fighting types hit normal (the only 1), dark (one of 2), and steels (one of 3) super-effectively. So they're super useful. They also are more offensively oriented, which is how I like my pokemon if you can't tell by now.

5. Psychic- For old-times sake. Psychic has been kicked off its pedestal of the best type when it was weak to NOTHING. In gen 1, there was no ghost attack besides night shade, and that can't hit super-effectively. Then there were no worthwhile bugs or bug moves. Seriously, Jolteon using pin-missle was about the most a super-effective attack could do on a psychic, and you were better of using thunderbolt in that case.

honorable mentions:
    fire, dark, steel

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    1. Ground: Where do I start? I always thought Ground type has the best Pokemon ever, including Dugtrio, Krookodile, Golurk, etc. Groudon, a legendary Ground type Pokemon, is my favorite Legendary Pokemon. Most of them are amazingly good (Excadrill, Landorus, Gliscor, Mamoswine, etc.) That, and Ground, in my opinion, is the best offensive type alongside Fighting.
    2. Rock: While not a good type in general, I'm a fan of the Pokemon. My 2 favorite Pokemon, Aerodactyl and Armaldo, are rock types. A lot of them are pretty cool and Rock is a good offensive type I suppose. Also, fossils are amazing. Did I mention that Terrakion and Regirock are one of the best legendary Pokemon ever?
    3. Poison: Underrated type. Even more than Bug. So ridiculous. I always thought Poison is an amazing defensive type, only weak to Psychic and Ground. Resisting 4 types total. While not as good as Water or Steel, the Pokemon are cuter.
    4. Bug: Cute Pokemon. What more do you want? I ADORE Bug and I don't know why.
    5. Steel: They wall everything. That is all.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Fire, Dark, Ghost, Bug, and Ice. :) But this is more for Pokemon General so I'mma toss it in there.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • 1. Flying. I love birds and am a huge bird maniac, as well as anything that flies.

2. Dark. I dunno, just a lot of my favourites are part dark :0

3. Steel. Great walls and a lot of them look pretty awesome too (uh, hello? METAL BIRD WITH SWORD WINGS)

4. Bug. I also have a fondness for the little insects in the world, and among Pokemon this type has been getting better and better in terms of design every generation (for the most part... I'm looking at you IV)

5. Ground. It's like Steel but plays a different role. Also I like a lot of ground types :p

Years
  • 1. THUNDER - They are simply shocking per se.
    So many cool moves and cool Designs of Pokemon.

2. FLYING - I love flying in the air and most of the Aerial attacks are faster than any other attacks.

3. GHOST - Not all attacks can affect them. They also have cool abilities.

4. FIGHTING - Some designs may look bad....but they are willingly effective in most types but weak after Psychic.

5. FIRE - Profit dudes, Fire PKMN have the best designs and most of the Fire Starters can wipe out other gyms like in Unova, Jotho, Kanto and Hoenn.(Except SINNOH)

Years
  • My top 5 types are as follows:

1: Fighting
    2: Dragon
    3: Rock
    4: Ghost
    5: Electric

I really like the designs of almost all the fighting types and attacks, mainly due to how powerful they are and the potential for unique concepts that the fighting type has. Dragon types are just pretty great in general and the fact that Dragon moves are resisted by only the Steel Type is great as well. I guess I like Rock and Ghost for the same reasons as fighting really, although Ghosts are usually restricted to a more defensive role. The Electric type just has a lot of cool attacks and bearers of the typing, and it's only weak to one type.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    1. Fighting

My very favorite Pokemon is fighting and I'm a martial artist myself so I can understand some of the nods to martial arts in the Pokemon's dex entries. Fighting is and will be my favorite type because it is great offensively and doesn't have many common weaknesses (who uses flying and psychic type attacks nowadays?). A few examples of my favorite fighting types are Mienfoo, Hitmontop and Virizion.

2. Flying

All of the bird based Pokemon are great and flying types are handy. Since gen 5 they have all gained boosts to their move pools that have made them even better. They are elegant and fast, but can strike hard in a pinch. A few of my favorite flying types are Pidgeotto, Zapdos and Swellow.

3. Ice

Ice types have always been sleek and *chortle* cool to me. They are awesome offensively, but don't like taking a hit themselves too much! I like them because they are hard to find but well worth the search. A few of my favorite Ice types are Spheal, Froslass and Articuno.

4. Electric

I like electric types because of their speed and their surprising ability to take hits. Defensively they are average, not weak to much and not resistant to much either. Offensively they are good against water (which is rare) and can take down a few huge threats in the metagame. They are aesthetically pleasing too. A few of my favorites are Manetric, Blitzle and Mareep.

5. Dark

Dark types are cool and cunning. You can see the canny calculation in their eyes. Dark types can hit hard, but don't like receiving blows too much, like most else on this list. They can attack with a wide variety of moves and have a few cool tricks up their sleeves. (Pursuit!) A few of my favorite dark types are Houndoom, Mightyena and Sneasel.

(Wow, I went in-depth)

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    1. Psychic:
    Psychics have always interested me. I also love how they do telekinesis, transvection and etc. They have also massive SP ATK, even the weak ones such as Solosis and Abra. Psychic types also have one of the coolest designs; such as Alakazam and Espeon.

2. Ghost:
    Ghosts are amazing, they have cool designs, not much weaknesses and most can't hit them (normal and fighting type moves are common nowadays). Their Pokédex entries are really cool and creepy as well.

3. Steel:
    I'M STRONG

4. Ice:
    I'M COOL

5. Water
    I'M AWESOME

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    1. Fire
    dey be sexiest

2. Fighting
    'cause it uses good attacks :x

3. Ice
    cause dem pretty

4. Electric
    also sexy

5. HMMMMMMMM. Poison perhaps.
    because toxic is like the best attack ever :(

my favoritism is weird.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    1. Fire - Well, I'm just a massive fan of fire types, most of my favourites are fire types too, so yeah.
    2. Water - Theres just such a cool verity of water types in the Pokémon world, I love a lot of them too. Some favourites of mine include Vaporeon, Politoed and Keldeo.
    3. Dark - Well, there are some really cool dark types in the series. I think Umbreon is a great concept. So yeah, pretty cool.
    4. Psychic - There are some really cool psychic types out there if you ask me. They've always really interested me too, they seem to have some many strengths.
    5. Grass - I just love a lot of the concepts for most of them. Including Torterra, Shaymin and Jumpluff.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • 1) Dark
    They are dark that's epic :D
    2) Dragon
    I love dragons just simply because they are dragons :D
    3) Psychic
    They are awesome sweepers =D
    4) Fire
    I have fire starters so I guess because of that :D
    5) Fighting
    My long time favorite so it needs to be in my TOP 5 though I don't like them so much now =D

Drimza

Open up your senses.
    Years
  • Fire (Im a pyro what else can i say, i enjoy burning things)
    Dark (Dark types are mysterious and most of them hav good designs)
    Ghost (I'm a big fan of paranormal things and i do believe in ghosts and spirits so ya lol)
    Ice (I love the desings of the Ice types and they have great movesets)
    Grass (I also love nature and the Grass types remind me of nature)

Back