• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your toughest moments in Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Catching Ho-Oh before I got the masterball in Pokemon Silver. Getting through the tower was hell alone. It took me well over fifty tries to catch it.

Last edited:

xXI JOE IXx

Beating Lt Surge with a low level sandslash in blue version, none of raichu's attacks where effecting it, but I was only doing 1 damage... thank god for ethers!

Static Pichu

Has his wifi back!
    Years
    Well, a couple that i remember are...

-Recently Beating Erika in Fr/Lg. I used a pidgeotto and KO'd all of her pokemon except vileplume, And that retarded flower used stun spore, over and over on each of my pokemon... I finnaly Ko'd it with a lucky Ariel Ace.

-Beating Roark in D/P. I was a newbie to pokemon at the time, but this was insane!

I had a chimchar, starly, geodude, and shinx, so it wasn't easy...

I lost Four times to his stupid pokemon before I did a little extra training with chimchar so it could evolve and use mach punch. :)

It was easy from there!

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
    Years
    my very first time playing pokemon blue version i started with bulbasaur

i made it to the Elite Four

with Venusaur being my highest....at 37

idk how i did it....but it took my older brother (who played red) to trade me a Raichu caught in Cerulean Cave with basic moves and given mega punch. i then ran out of mega punches and had to give it submission just to beat rhydon =\

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2010
    1.Switches under glodenrod city
    2.Beating ash
    3.Catching dugtrio to beat Lt surge.
    cathing rayquaza and kyorge with ultra ball.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    1. Switches under Goldenrod
    2. Second rival battle with Brendan in Sapphire (Marshstomp was ass)
    3. Beating Red's Snorlax (It was a BEAST)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Defeating Lucian's Bronzorg with my under leveled team.
    Defeating Ash's Snorlax, which pretty much owns my entire Crystal team. The rest of his team is a joke.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    -trying to beat Drake with only 3 pokes,none with a ice move and no revivies left!
    -beating red on stadium 2....that was the best challenge ever!
    -trying to catch a dratini in LF.....god i hate it!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Cathing Giratina!! xD

Lol I used a day to catch it, soft reseting all the time. at the end of the day I just decided to throw a master ball!!! x)
    I find it impossible to catch giratine -.-

aaa and Getting a wifi team, this is taking forever!!! xD
    Still havn't managed to get a team.
    I might be a little lazy but, well my game so I am allowed x)

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Most of my toughest moments were in my Poison Ultimate Monotype Challenge, like trying to beat Red, Every psychic gym leader, The Sinnoh Elite Four in Platinum, and Blue in both R/B/Y and G/S/C with a Poison team

The Red Chain

That is always so hard, even with Flash.
    Most of the time I'm too lazy to get an HM slave so I stay without Flash, and we all know that makes the cave tons more difficult to get out of. x_x

I remember at one time all I had was a Butterfree, Pikachu, and Nidorina going through that cave Flashless.
    I swear I hit every trainer in that whole cave, with no methods of healing available.
    My Pikachu had fainted, and Butterfree and Nidorina were very close to fainting as well.
    After about 7 minutes of wandering around I finally made it out, just barely avoiding having to travel through that dreaded cave from the beginning again. >:

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    Catching MewTwo in Blue. Why? My cousin basically lied to me and told me the master ball held an infinite amount of Pokemon as opposed to the usual one Pokemon. So, I wasted it on a *drumroll* lv. 5 Tentacool, and thus had to catch MewTwo with an Ultra or Great Ball (don't remember). :/

hamguy4456

Heracross fanatic
    Years
    in my grass monotype of blue, i totally forgot about the rival battle before nugget bridge. All of my pokemon were KO'd except for a lvl 21 weepinbell at half health, going up against a flying type, a psychic type and a fire type. i managed to defeat my rival due to his sheer stupidity (ember, growl, growl, growl, growl, growl, growl, growl, growl, ember, growl etc.). I used poison powder and leech seed to beat his entire team. took around 25 min.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Personally I've never had any Pokemon hardships...

My brother however beat Brock with a Pidgey on Pokemon Yellow. It took hours.

Pidgey used Sand Attack!
    Geodude used Rock Throw!
    Geodude missed!

I think you get the idea.

Back