• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Your Username in TCGO?

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    NOTE: I DON'T KNOW IF THIS BELONGS HERE!
    Hello It is me Superqami!(Again? Oh No not this guy again!) Today I am going to be talking about the TCGO(Which I always do :P)
    I have a Question: What's Your Username?
    So we can play, trade and have fun!
    As Trading is not allowed thats why we are sharing Usernames. I will ask donavannj if TCGO trade threads are allowed
    My Username: PokemonComplex2(Nickname:Superqami)
    My Sister's Username: pinkytrainer
    Other People's Username: djrules5454(nickname:donavannj)
    Heatherr
    (Heather's Account)
    Darkraichu80(Darkraichu80's account)
    Cogc_23 Nickname: Raiko23 (Cogc_23's account)
    TheCastellan151. (TheCastellan151's Account)
    khaozz4life. (Khaozz's account)
    Ivy_Profen (Profen's account)
    Entaria (Inkblot's account)
    Megagenger02 (Fairy Tale's account)
    Loki of Sassgard (Rainbow Shy's account)
    robotscantdrink (stp's account)
    crazyrubben508 (paskauskas account)
    Krystallover13 (oshawott13)
    meermatt13 (meermatt13)
    pokewat (shaswatdgr8pokefan)
    YouTuberDMoCTTA (DMoCTTA)

Get yours added now!

BONUS: My Favourite Pokemon is Greninja such a troll in Competitive Battling and the TCG(not sure about the TCG part... eh eh..)

Last edited by a moderator:

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I believe my username is Heatherr

I haven't played it in a while but I will re-download and try to get back into it :P

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Wow! All the people! Okay I am glad we can all add each other now and trade and play!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    Wow! All the people! Okay I am glad we can all add each other now and trade and play!

Well, I've to get back on to the game before I can join you in that regard; haven't been able to get the game on since the Flash Fire patch install last night. PSC Techs being useless about it of course.

Years
  • I'm Entaria in the TCGO. I only buy cards occasionally (and then usually decks rather than booster packs) so don't have a lot in the way of good cards. I'm more casual anyway, and really just like experimenting with different deck builds and strategies (I like to pick one or two pokemon at random and see if I can build an effective deck around them, although most of my decks end up being purely theoretical because I don't have the cards to support them, lol). So if there's anyone around who just plays for fun and isn't all that competitive about it, and doesn't mind playing against someone who occasionally makes stupid mistakes or is using an absolutely awful experimental deck (and won't stomp me with EX's), I'd love to have you as a friend on TCGO :)

Last edited:

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I'm Entaria in the TCGO. I only buy cards occasionally (and then usually decks rather than booster packs) so don't have a lot in the way of good cards. I'm more casual anyway, and really just like experimenting with different deck builds and strategies (I like to pick one or two pokemon at random and see if I can build an effective deck around them, although most of my decks end up being purely theoretical because I don't have the cards to support them, lol). So if there's anyone around who just plays for fun and isn't all that competitive about it, and doesn't mind playing against someone who occasionally makes stupid mistakes or is using an absolutely awful experimental deck (and won't stomp me with EX's), I'd love to have you as a friend on TCGO :)

Haha lol, I have no idea why I play TCGO I am bad at Deckbuilding I play with Theme Decks (ppl say they are bad..)

Years
  • Haha lol, I have no idea why I play TCGO I am bad at Deckbuilding I play with Theme Decks (ppl say they are bad..)

Theme decks tend to be really unbalanced and not much use against properly built decks. They usually rely on having lots of energy cards and basic pokemon, which could be replaced with a few trainers that not only free up space for an extra copy or two of your main attacker(s), but mean you're relying less on luck of the draw. They also have a tendency to include completely useless cards, or combinations of cards that make no sense, or they don't include cards that they really should have (for example, I have a Solar Strike theme deck, which is actually not a bad deck because it has a Blastoise with Deluge and a Volcarona with Leech Life, and a few pokemon that can really take advantage of Deluge because of high attack costs. But there are only 4 fire energies, and only 2 energy searches, so I get left in the dust sometimes when trying to use Volcarona. It relies too much on Cheren and Professor Juniper for getting the cards you need, so I've run out of cards a few times. And for some reason, it includes this guy but not his evolution. Low HP, high attack cost considering the low attack damage… ridiculous. I literally only use that one as discard fodder or to hold off attacks for a turn or two while I hope to get the card(s) I need).

That said, they are fun to play with if you're playing against someone else using a theme deck (which I do a lot, because it often seems to be the only way to avoid people with EX's) just because you know they're evenly matched, and your opponent is dealing with just as many problems as you. Who wins is more about skill than who has the best cards. They're also a really good starting point for learning to deck build (less daunting to to tweak an existing deck than to try building one from scratch) - the best way I've found to go about it is to first, decide what you want the focus of the deck to be (who's the main attacker, for example). Then, identify a weakness, remove the cards causing the weakness, and replace them with cards that help bring the deck to your main focus. Test it out, identify another weakness, remove the bad cards, replace with focused cards, and repeat.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Mine is LokiofSassgard obviously.

I got it because my boyfriend did, but I haven't even ask him for his info either. I don't play much since I have like... no friends on there, which is kind of sad. I prefered the original game boy version over the TCGO. The only problem is that the original game boy version was super hard if you had no idea what you are doing. XD

ahahahahahaha. So I rarely, if ever, post here. XD

Years
  • I love the original gameboy TCG too, but for me it was the opposite - once I'd built up enough of a collection to make a good deck, I found it too easy for the most part. It was great for getting me back into the game (I never had enough cards to make even halfway decent decks, and even if I did, there's no place nearby to play), and it actually helped me immensely with learning how to play properly and build decks, but after a while, there's just no challenge. The opponents' decks really don't hold up to a good player-created deck, and it didn't help that the "person" behind those decks seemed to be making decisions at random (I at one point had a deck using Charizard and Golduck - use Golduck to hold back the attacker by discarding all their energy cards while I load up Charizard with as much energy as possible and convert it all to fire using its pokemon power, then as soon as Golduck got taken out, firespin firespin firespin and just tear through all the defending pokemon. With the exception of rare unlucky draws or coin flips, that deck was nearly unbeaten). It's much more fun playing against real people that can actually strategize and think ahead.

(I'm requesting to be friends with all of you, by the way. I'm lonely :( )

Last edited:

stp

ShootThePuck
    Years
  • I believe it's robotscantdrink. Hit me up if you wanna play; I don't have anything extremely competitive at the moment, but I'll play either way. xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    Nickname: oshawottlover13
    username: Krystallover13

please message me if you add me so i can add you.

Back