• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your videogaming theme song

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    This is inspired by something that used to (or maybe still does idk) happen in the RPC back when I was actually a part of that, but modified a bit. It's very simple. You're playing an RPG or FPS or whatever genre game you play. You're kicking butt, making progress and taking names and everything is looking great! Choose a song not from a game soundtrack (that doesn't mean it cant be in a game, just not composed specifically for one!) that represents this moment!

Maybe its the words that best fits for you. Maybe its the instruments. Heck maybe it just has the right amount of chaos! Whatever your gaming theme is share it with us!

If you change your mind after posting or feel you need to update, please make it in a separate post.

And no, I don't expect this thread to last long but figured it would be a fun little distraction for a day!

If you don't know how to embed a video, use the tags [.youtube] code [/youtube] (without the period) You get the code from the end of the URL. For exxample. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

---------------

For when I'm making helmets fly and bodies dropping I think Black Pistol Fire's Hipster Shakes has the right sound to just give me that "I'm a badass" feeling.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    When everything's going great
    Spoiler:

When shit goes sideways
    Spoiler:

And yes, this diffuses any situation. In game or otherwise, really. Ideal theme song material- always, ALWAYS carry a weeb song with you in between your Twenty-One Pilots and whatever edgey music you listen to, it'll come in handy.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    When I, by some miracle, manage to kill multiple enemies quickly

Spoiler:

And since the last one was all weeb songs, I tend to get this one in my head when I'm fighting something I don't think I can beat.

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I usually just play some of Doom 2016's soundtrack if ever I'm starting to ramp up the Murderous Murdercock killing sprees especially in my competitive avenues in Overwatch and League of Legends. The two particular Doom 2016 OSTs that I play are the following:

Rip and Tear (Mick Gordon's studio recorded version)
    Spoiler:

-> The funny thing is that this studio recorded version of Rip and Tear actually sounds better than the in-game version.

and BFG Division (The in-game and Mick Gordon's recorded versions are virtually the same)
    Spoiler:

Aside from Doom music, there's also the OST of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. The minute i play Rules of Nature when i make a big game changing play, i start to hype up and carry my team to victory.

If I'm not in the mood to listen to any other Video game OSTs, i pull up some Demon Hunter, Hedj, Nitro Fun, and whatever i was thinking. My musical choices for gaming are in a rather mixed bag with varying genres. Its Metal and EDM for most of the time.

Years
    Your videogaming theme song

Spoiler:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
    I usually just play some of Doom 2016's soundtrack if ever I'm starting to ramp up the Murderous Murdercock killing sprees especially in my competitive avenues in Overwatch and League of Legends. The two particular Doom 2016 OSTs that I play are the following:

]

[Hotline Miami OST]

It's um... supposed to be music not from a video game. Aka ACDC, Queen, or even Lady gaga if you for some reason wanted that...

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    I like the idea of another one bites the dust as a gaming song lol

Mine has to be virtual riot - energy drink. It kinda sounds a bit like chiptune game music, and I just like it.

Years
    It's um... supposed to be music not from a video game. Aka ACDC, Queen, or even Lady gaga if you for some reason wanted that...

Ah... gotcha. *Shrug*

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

Alow me to rephrase my previous quote:

(Also i don't give a f**k about thread rules ;) )

I did almost miss the point of the thread but allow me to rephrase what i meant

i pull up some Demon Hunter, Hedj, Nitro Fun, and whatever i was thinking. My musical choices for gaming are in a rather mixed bag with varying genres. Its Metal and EDM for most of the time.

Now let me fix that:

Demon Hunter - "This I know"

=> This is like my intro theme. Basically what i use when i start up my multiplayer sessions.

Hedj & Neonlight - "System Error"

=> Usually something i play in the middle of the session.

Metallica = "Saint Anger"

=> Saint Anger is the perfect piece of music that I use whenever i feel so enraged and angry because my team is feeding and I have to carry them in order to win, which happens 70% of the time.

Now for a little rant like i always do:

Some games really do not have the suiting soundtrack for my mood. I mean to say... some built in OSTS in games are pretty lackluster for me. League of Legends in particular as the music in Summoner's Rift is still not something I'd listen to even if I'm desperate for a lullaby. So i basically fire up whatever NOT VIDEO GAME OSTS i have in order to compensate like my empty G-Fuel Can and my Gunnars Glasses like a real High ELO Challenger tier player would be like.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    Onlt tiltlords listen to Metallica's St. Anger Album and enjoy it. I worry about their musical tastes.

Anyway, my NOT VIDEO GAME OST choices usually fall in line with NWA (N**gas with Attitude), Metal as well, and anything other than Metallica. My other musical choices would either be Incubus or POD because its all about the Southtown with the Youth of the Nation.

Multiplayer games usually don't have the best built in OSTs out there so its suitable for one to set up their own playlist. Streamers usually do it since no one likes listening to base OSTs anymore.

Back