• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Worst Online Gaming Experience?

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Anybody who's played a game or two online can answer this question: What was your worst online gaming experience?

Mine would have to be on my first time playing Halo 3 on Xbox Live. Since I was beginning at level one, I decided that I would just hop into the "Newbie Playlist" as many of us call it. I was dumped into Snowbound for a typical Slayer match, when my right ear was assaulted through my headset: a noticeably younger player began shooting his mouth off and wouldn't keep it shut. I have no problem playing with younger players on any game, just as long as they talk sensibly and observe good sportsmanship. Unfortunately, nobody could make any sense out of what this guy was saying, and he simply served as a mindless nuisance. What wound up happening was him eventually getting completely frustrated and blowing steam over his microphone because everybody else played the way Slayer is meant to be played: find an opponent, kill them, move on. However, this kid couldn't figure out that you aren't meant to challenge other individuals to a duel: in fact, he couldn't even seem to know the rules and parameters of the Slayer gametype to begin with. While he began to challenge others, the rest of the contenders, seeing how he made himself an open target after announcing where he was, ganged up on him and brutally took him out. The bad part? The constant garble of angry and infuriated speech being blown out of my headset speaker. While the rest of the player roster desperately tried to calm him down, he continued to rake his blood pressure up and spewed flaming filth out of his mouth. Thank God the match only lasted ten minutes, but it was ten minutes of a taste of hell...

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Two days ago, I would have immediately said World of Warcraft. That all changed yesterday when I redid my free trail; I ended up joining Blade's Edge. It was highly recommended by a friend in real life. Too bad I am busy leveling up, while he's begging his mom for a gamer card, lol.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't get it horrendously bad but in Call of Duty 4, being airstriked four times in a row in between getting knifed by rushers or sniped if I actually try to move anywhere...

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU—

Happens on Crash when USMC spawnkill OpFor in 32+ player games.

Attaining a 0/10 KDR in my first minute in a game is not good.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    Anybody get terrible lag in halo 3?

I get it a lot of the time,

It's so laggy that everybody is randomly intstantly killed and we don't respawn for 5 minutes :x
    and the cycle repeats until everybody leaves.

That's lag for you.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Why do parents buy Rated M games for their pre-teens? I mean honestly, I can't go one day on Call of Duty: World at War without having at least five matches with immature kids cursing and screaming with their cracky voice. I proudly headshot or knife those players that talk too much, even if I regular shot would suffice. Another horrible online gaming experience is with Castle Crashers. It's hard enough to find a game with three other people, but when you finally do I can guarantee one of those people will beg for weapons or some kind of help.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Meh, I would agree with many because Halo 3 would be mega crap online, Last time some Italian guy was Online and kept on asking "Where's the hidden Mario level?" and I kept saying "Keep shooting your group for the secret level." xD and I ended up winning the whole match until he appear 5 months later reconising my voice and he just ran away from me because I said I will eat his Cheese Pizza that he is going to eat late at night.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Anybody get terrible lag in halo 3?

I get it a lot of the time,

It's so laggy that everybody is randomly intstantly killed and we don't respawn for 5 minutes :x
    and the cycle repeats until everybody leaves.

That's lag for you.
    I don't know if X-Box Live works like the Internet, but if you do get a list of servers, order them by ping and avoid any above 200.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I don't know if X-Box Live works like the Internet, but if you do get a list of servers, order them by ping and avoid any above 200.

It dosn't, you just select your game type go onto 'start matchmaking' and a lobby is set up or you are automatically placed in an existing one.

I had some bad lag on Halo earlier until everybody left the game and I was the only one remaining, I won! =D

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    on brawl...u know youv got the skill but when waiting for the wii to stop lagging you go make a cup of tea and !BANG! next thing you know diddy kong is all over you like a rash!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    It dosn't, you just select your game type go onto 'start matchmaking' and a lobby is set up or you are automatically placed in an existing one.
    Gaw that sucks. Online console play actually concerns me somewhat with how limited it is...

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    CoD3 when we were stuck in a corner next to the spawn point and were horribly out numberd 40-13 i think we couldent tdo anything untill the end of the round

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Anybody who's played a game or two online can answer this question: What was your worst online gaming experience?

Mine would have to be on my first time playing Halo 3 on Xbox Live. Since I was beginning at level one, I decided that I would just hop into the "Newbie Playlist" as many of us call it. I was dumped into Snowbound for a typical Slayer match, when my right ear was assaulted through my headset: a noticeably younger player began shooting his mouth off and wouldn't keep it shut. I have no problem playing with younger players on any game, just as long as they talk sensibly and observe good sportsmanship. Unfortunately, nobody could make any sense out of what this guy was saying, and he simply served as a mindless nuisance. What wound up happening was him eventually getting completely frustrated and blowing steam over his microphone because everybody else played the way Slayer is meant to be played: find an opponent, kill them, move on. However, this kid couldn't figure out that you aren't meant to challenge other individuals to a duel: in fact, he couldn't even seem to know the rules and parameters of the Slayer gametype to begin with. While he began to challenge others, the rest of the contenders, seeing how he made himself an open target after announcing where he was, ganged up on him and brutally took him out. The bad part? The constant garble of angry and infuriated speech being blown out of my headset speaker. While the rest of the player roster desperately tried to calm him down, he continued to rake his blood pressure up and spewed flaming filth out of his mouth. Thank God the match only lasted ten minutes, but it was ten minutes of a taste of hell...

That. Pretty much a constant thing I;ve faced over XBL, mainly on Halo3, then quite a lot on Modern Warfare. Not really had problems on other games though.

On PS3, Metal Gear Online. Although it's a game I'm quite good at, and do enjoy with friends, i find the whole thing feels idk, half finished? Anyone who plays it can tell you it is stupidly laggy, people constantly spawncamp and it took over 4 months for Konami to take action regarding the well abused Ambush Alley glitch.

Also on PS3, World At War. I'm not stereotyping all Americans for this, but I've found an awful lot of racist Americans over headset. Constantly arrogant, abusive and normally really bad at the game itself.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I suck at playing war games online. I can't play call of duty 4 for crap... lol :P

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Also on PS3, World At War. I'm not stereotyping all Americans for this, but I've found an awful lot of racist Americans over headset. Constantly arrogant, abusive and normally really bad at the game itself.

Urgh, yes. Ironically, they're tired of being stereotyped, and yet they continue to live the stereotype themselves. They're the idiots who make the people of our country look as if they've been spewed out of the backwash.

It's funny though, they shoot off racist comments and I simply say, "And if I told you I was black...?" Silence. Solemn apologies. More silence. Me turning off the microphone and laughing my head off. :laugh: (By the way, I'm white, which makes it even funnier).

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Just anytime when someone uses hacking devices which happens all the time on DS online games. COD:WAW and Metroid PH. Its just annoying. I cant specify one time but these are the worst times.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Urgh, yes. Ironically, they're tired of being stereotyped, and yet they continue to live the stereotype themselves. They're the idiots who make the people of our country look as if they've been spewed out of the backwash.

It's funny though, they shoot off racist comments and I simply say, "And if I told you I was black...?" Silence. Solemn apologies. More silence. Me turning off the microphone and laughing my head off. :laugh: (By the way, I'm white, which makes it even funnier).

Mentioning Obama usually sends the racists into auto RAAGGGEEE or pure silence. Either way it is always funny to mention how someone they claim is inferior to them is a lot hiogher up than them ;)

Back