• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your WTF!? Moments. (D/P/Pt Obiously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesspke

Passerby~
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Yes, we have a thread on this in B/W, But that's B/W, so why not start one here?

Here's my two:

1. TOGEKISS used Metronome!
    TOGEKISS used Frenzy Plant! >.<

That move is just the best move eva..

2. So, there I was, All other Pokémon KO'd and Torterra standing weak.
    Champion Cynthia sent out Miloctic!

Me: YES! FINALLY!
    TORTERRA used Razor Leaf!
    *Takes out 1/4 of HP*
    Me: YOU'RE KIDDING?!
    Foe's MILOCTIC used Water gun.
    Its not very effective...
    *Takes out half HP*
    Me: YOU ARE JOKING?!
    Torterra used Razor Leaf!
    It was a critical hit!
    *Miloctic's hanging on by a thread*
    Me: COME ON TORTERRA! YOU CAN DO IT! *Tears come from eyeballs* O.O
    Champion Cynthia used one full Restore!
    Me: DAMN!
    Torterra used Razor Leaf!
    Foe's MILOCTIC used Aqua jet!
    Critical hit!

Attachments

• Your WTF!? Moments. (D/P/Pt Obiously)
      Torterra fainted.png
      30.2 KB · Views: 46

cockatoo777

Pokemon Music Lover
    Years
  • 1. Togekiss used Metronome!
    Togekiss used Seed Flare! (The animation was freaking awesome, and supereffective my foe :D)

2. Togekiss used Metronome!
    Togekiss used Judgement! (2 words: oh wow)

3. The time when my version of Platinum freezed during the Dialga-Palkia- Giratina scene at Mt Coronet. (Really angry about that)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I was riding around on the bicycle aimlessly with a level 15 Slugma and five eggs in my party. I accidentally rode into a patch of grass, and a Marill happened to appear...

Me: HOLY CRAP. *tries to run*

Can't escape!
    Marill used water gun!
    Slugma fainted!
    You are out of usable Pokémon! ...you dropped 1,800 pokébucks (yes I call them pokébucks xD ) in panic! .... ..... ......you blacked out!
    Me: WTF.

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Hehe, my bro's DS has troubles with freezing, too:

1. *After a half an hour or aimlessly throwing Ultra balls at Giratina..*
    Me: THERE IS A GOD! FINALLY!
    *Goes back to Pokémon centre to heal Giratina, not doing what the best Pokémon trainer ever should do...*
    Me: OhmyOhmyOhmy FINAAAALY!
    *Hold DS triumphantly up in air*
    Me: Woo yeah!
    *Looks at DS*
    Me: Holy crap, NO! WHY! THERE IS NOT A GOD!
    *DS is frozen....*

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When Giratina came out of the hole in the Spear Pillar and took Cyrus with it. Then it lashed out in front of the screen. That freaked me out.

Years
  • Ahhhhh Diamond,Pearl and Platinum. I had alot of WTF moments in those games. Sadly I can remember only one. It was at like lake in Snowpoint city. I stood behind the legendary in a certain spot and saved my game. It took less than a second. I tried it multiple times and it still worked.

Shadowcat15

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    Ditto used Transform!
    ditto copied Mew...
    WAIT!!! ... PAUSE!
    MEW???
    i was battling Pikachu
    i was like holy ****... but my only move was pound and my lv 100 ditto dies...
    made me sad

Years
  • Not sure if this exactly counts, but I was beating Cynthia by a considerable margin in my Nuzlocke Run of Diamond. Her last Pokemon was Milotic. I could have easily outstalled it, but I decided to be cocky and go for a Porygon-Z Discharge OHKO. It did almost nothing and P-Z died to Milotic's Surf. I then learned that Milotic had a high Special Defense stat, shame that I never knew that until then, I could have swept Cynthia.

how about the fisherman between the battle area and the resort area that wants to trade your hard to find finneon for his cheap as dirt magikarp! WTF?!?

The Magikarp is German and therefore has a German pokedex entry, which is pretty cool to look at, so it could be considered "worth" the finneon.

Last edited:

Lifes-A-Beach

Skilled Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    yeah I suppose, but the only use I see for it is to mesusda breed a shiny gyrados, not very special imo

You can't even use it for Masuda... That only works with foreign pokemon obtained from a foreign game.

It doesn't count as a foreign pokemon usable for Masuda since it was obtained in game... I see it as worthless as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2011
    My WTF moments were finding my first shiny (had never even heard of shinies before then) and later finding out the only thing special about it was the different colour.

Another WTF moment was while reading this thread:
    2. So, there I was, All other Pokémon KO'd and Torterra standing weak.
    Champion Cynthia sent out Miloctic!
    Blahblahblah
    Foe's MILOCTIC used Water gun.
    Its not very effective...

Blahblahblah
    >_> how is water NVE against torterra?

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
    Years
  • mine was when i was in victory road (the part that is opened after you beat the game) there was fog (too lazy to clear it) and one of the trainers had a gengar. i was thinking ok, this will be easy. except, the gengar spammed confuse ray and hypnosis, like this:

gengar used hypnosis, torterra fell asleep!
    gengar used used confuse ray, torterra is now confused!
    torterra woke up, it hurt itself in its confusion!
    gengar used hypnosis, torterra fell asleep!
    gengar used shadowball!
    torterra woke up, it hurt itself in its confusion!
    torterra hurt itself in its confusion!
    torterra snapped out of its confusion. torterra used wood hammer, it missed!
    gengar used shadowball, torterra fainted. >>

this happened to my gyarados, staraptor, and lucario. is that even possible?

███

Ninja Space Mouse
    Years
  • ~Battle Versus Arcade Leader~
    Jolteon Used Tbolt
    It Missed...
    ~Repeats For About 3 More Turns~
    Medicham Used Zen Headbutt.
    Jolteon Faited.

Me:..................................................."TEH ####"

Last edited:

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
  • Ahhhhh. Soo many WTF moments.

1.) Trading my 3 best pokemon for the three regi's, sliding on the ice for 5 minutes, finally reaching Regigigas, saving it and then........level 1 Regigigas with the ability Slow-start....Me:...........#### you Nintendo!!

2.) Canalave City Gym...lost for an hour...

3.) Lucian and his dang psychic type team wiping the floor with my dark type team.

4.) 2 words. Distortion. World. Me:.......WTF is this?!?! I'm walking on the ####ing walls? Going up a ####ing waterfall?! Disappearing paths?! Different levels?! WTF?!? Was Nintendo drunk when they made this part?! 0-o

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    My many WTF moments are, 1: When battling cynthia, her Spiritomb kept spamming hypnosis, and embargo, and wiped out my entire team. 2: Heatran glitched and whenever it killed one of my pokemon it would say "Heatran reached level 100!" And I would be like WTF, IT'S A WILD POKEMON! STOP GLITCHING! 3: All of my pokemon were magically asleep, so when I went to the pokemon league, (Not realizing my pokemon's status', I got obliterated.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    *push* push* *snowball* *snowball*

ITS TAKEN ME A MONTH, WHY CAN'T I GET TO THE GYM LEADER?

Story of my life in the Snowpoint Gym.

Also,

Turnback

flipping

CAVE

All right, Giratina is down to low health! *Dusk ball* *Dusk Ball* *abunchofotherpokeballsuntiltheyrunout* Empoleon, use AQUA JET!

Giratina: FUCHEEEEEEEEE

I always thought his cry sounded like that.

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • Not really my moment, but...

I practiced very hard to master my chaining that I've got tons of shinies now. And of all my gaming years since Silver, I've never encountered a random shiny. It was only after playing for hundreds of hours in Pearl that I've found one... During a chaining attempt actually.

Anyway... I brought my DS one time with me during one of my highschool reunions (ok, it was just a summer vacation...). And a guy friend of mine borrowed my Pearl and played new game. Not an hour has passed... He found a shiny Shinx >:(.

Long story short, I spent hundreds of hours to get my shinies. A lucky guy who randomly decided to play spent less than an hour to get a shiny... (yeah... That guy is actually known in our class as 'lucky')

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back