• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
Years
  • I've had a couple already

- my starter losing my first battle against bianca (stupid critical hits)
    - basicly every critical hit my opponent lands on me
    - My gym battle with Elesa. Her emolgas were annoying as hell. Also my scraggy taking out elesa's zebstrika in 1 hit, it had full HP while scraggy only had a half HP left. Every single one of my pokemon were out except scraggy.(thanks to those emolgas and zebstrika) I knew it couldn't take another hit, but to my surprise, it lands a critical hit and removes all of its health.
    -any pokemon i encounter who has an intimidating appearance (druddigon being one of them)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Seasoned Pokemon fan that I am (plus being slightly loopy enough to have a pretty massive suspension of disbelief), not much surprises me about the games anymore. I did have one huge moment though... whenever Juniper calls you, why does she stand in that pose?? It looks so awkward to have her with her hand on her forehead like that...

Years
  • My wtf moment? Me and my friends got the 5th gen games last night. We choose all three starters, and they all have a careful nature. so random...

Years
  • More like a surprise moment, I caught Tynamo pretty fast in Chargestone Cave, though it appears on the bottom floor only 8% of the time.

A real one would have to be almost slaughtered by Charles. He's pretty hard to beat, had to actually use revives in this game.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • One of mine was before i got white i said i will keep resetting until i get a female tsutarja/snivy, start the game and instantly get a female with modest nature, was pretty pleased with that while like WAH? Now she's a level 60 Jalorda/Serperior and has 2 more attack stat points than special, which kind've defies all of the nature...
    Was also very GRRRR and WTF about the Sasanzadora/Hydra dragon thing you battle last in the main story line, kept wiping out everything i had and used about 23 revives to finally get through it, then coming out and carrying on to new places to discover i was now around 20 levels lower than everyone i came across!!

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think my main WTF moment came when I realize that everyone in this region is overwhelmingly generous. I don't think I've been given a free Pokemon (My Pansear), in...ever.

I know, everyone and their dog seems be giving one thing or another.

Also that house in Iricius (?) City with the Quiz Show Family. I expected to get some pointless trivia or an item, but no. I walk in the door and:
    "WELCOME! Our next contestant is... THIS GUY!" (Or something to that effect)
    I was just sitting there thinking "...What... the hell?" with almost this exact expression: O_o

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I had one when I first got my starter only it was more a FTW than a WTF, my Snivy was Female and I didn't even try to get a female, she's cute and reminds me a lot of Ash's Snivy even nature wise...

Cyb3r0t4ku

Unova Elite
    Years
  • My inability to get Pokerus or a shiny Pokemon.

Early on it seems you get very little exp and take a lot of damage from enemies - many a WTF moments trying to pick yourself up from a brawl with a Patrat or other such basic Pokemon and losing -_-.

Years
  • My first WTF moment was when I learned TMs could be used over and over again. That will come in handy.
    Second WTF moment was how fast you could get the two pokemon from fossils.
    Third WTF moment was around every entrance to a cave or building there is a house that will always have someone to rest your pokemon for you.
    Last WTF was the annoyance of Emolga and Double Team....

Years
  • When battling Elesa, all she did was spam Volt Switch. Really. Even when it was her last Pokemon, she still used it. 0_o

-Totodile42

Last edited:

TurkeyCoctail

so i herd u liek liepardz
    Years
  • Myself, I was shocked by the fact you could use TMs as many times as you want! That's cool, it'll make the game much more pleasant. ^.^
    Also, when watching Patrats appear over and over again, my firt thought was "Oh how I miss Rattatas!" X3 (It's not like I hate all 5th gen Pokemon, I just don't like Patrats. Rattatas were cooler. And cuter.)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    >Game set in New York
    >Desert
    >WTF moment

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • My WTF moment: The Pokémon Musicals. What the hell is that? Dress up, then watch pointless dancing around. I thought it'd be at least somewhat entertaining. Oh well. I got to dress up my Scraggy like a gangsta-gentleman.

Also, getting Archen and seeing its ability. Halves its stats at half HP? Really, Nintendo? Screw that.

And one last thing. Though it's not a WTF moment, can you believe Bianca's personality? Or Cheren's? They're the kinds of people I can't stand: an air-headed girly girl and a know-it-all-I'm-always-right/self-righteous jerk. GRRRRRRR.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I was trying to catch Volcarona, i had it paralyzed and in the Red, i through a Net ball i get my first critical capture and it FAILS, 3seconds later i throw another Net Ball and i get ANOTHER critical capture& it succeeds, i fell to the floor laughin, that had to be fate, how often can you get double critical captures in 1battle XD

My other WTF moments are catching Victini took me 46balls for the lil rat to finally get in, but i go to N's castle and it takes me 3balls to catch Zekrom -_-" worst of it is Victini was only at 1health, & Zekrom was still in the Yellow...

and when i got to face the champion i set up with Quiver Dance on Volcarona thinkin im gonna die might as well leave as large a mark as i can,but instead i swept his whole team aside without taking a single hit (not countin the hits i took setting up)

Last edited:
    Years
  • My WTF moment: The Pokémon Musicals. What the hell is that? Dress up, then watch pointless dancing around. I thought it'd be at least somewhat entertaining. Oh well. I got to dress up my Scraggy like a gangsta-gentleman.

Also, getting Archen and seeing its ability. Halves its stats at half HP? Really, Nintendo? Screw that.

And one last thing. Though it's not a WTF moment, can you believe Bianca's personality? Or Cheren's? They're the kinds of people I can't stand: an air-headed girly girl and a know-it-all-I'm-always-right/self-righteous jerk. GRRRRRRR.

I find problems with your post, well beyond Musicals, I agree they suck.

1. Archen and Archeops would've been extremely broken without Defeatist. And only Attack/Sp. Attack is halved.

2. You must have limited perception of the world, I've met plenty of Cherens and Biancas in the world. Though they aren't obvious about it, they have the same traits. It's more common than you think, actually.

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    Nothing like yours but my "wtf" moment was during one of my first wild pokemon battles. My starter fainted after one apparently all-powerful tackle from a Lillipup.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Nothing like yours but my "wtf" moment was during one of my first wild pokemon battles. My starter fainted after one apparently all-powerful tackle from a Lillipup.
    i had that happen against biancas oshawott lol
    p.s. you cant catch psyduck in the wild in black&white,only golduck so youll need to breed :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

2. You must have limited perception of the world, I've met plenty of Cherens and Biancas in the world. Though they aren't obvious about it, they have the same traits. It's more common than you think, actually.

He didn't say that he's never met anyone like that, just that he didn't like them. o-o; "They're the kinds of people I can't stand", not "They don't exist in real life".

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I was trying to catch Volcarona, i had it paralyzed and in the Red, i through a Net ball i get my first critical capture and it FAILS, 3seconds later i throw another Net Ball and i get ANOTHER critical capture& it succeeds, i fell to the floor laughin, that had to be fate, how often can you get double critical captures in 1battle XD

My other WTF moments are catching Victini took me 46balls for the lil rat to finally get in, but i go to N's castle and it takes me 3balls to catch Zekrom -_-" worst of it is Victini was only at 1health, & Zekrom was still in the Yellow...

and when i got to face the champion i set up with Quiver Dance on Volcarona thinkin im gonna die might as well leave as large a mark as i can,but instead i swept his whole team aside without taking a single hit (not countin the hits i took setting up)

To be fair, I just found out Zekrom/Reshiram's catch rate is pretty high for a legendary, while Victini's is set at the usual low rate. Something to do with having to catch them to progress the storyline or something...

My latest WTF was when I was crossing Tubeline Bridge. I didn't even notice that it was Ghetsis stood up ahead and nearly had a heart attack when SUDDENLY NINJAS popped up out of the bridge to bring me to him. D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When I realised about 4 parts of Unova were in previous dreams I've had in my life, just not pixelated o_O

The Red HP theme. It just randomly appeared earlier and I scared myself. XD Also the fact that I swear N completely lost a Pokemon.

Back