• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

pmwilkins

Grundleweed Harvester
Years
  • My graphical moment was going across the first big bridge. WHHHAAAAAAA!?!?!?!

Then when I was catching something or another my pokeball paused right before the capture, wiggled once, and BAM! caught. Critical catches? OH YEA!!!

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • I was fighting Lenora... and I thought I had given Arsea(My Tranquill) an Oran berry
    I was battling her Herdier and when my HP went down to half I was like WTF? why didn't she heeeeeaaaal? DDx
    but on that turn I downed Herdier and used Roost
    and while battling Watchog it used Hypnosis twice but failed and I had it down to half by then
    on the third Hypnosis it put me to sleep and I was liek "OH NOOO D;" but then it woke up
    What I had given it was a Chesto Berry :| so then I Air Cutted which Critical'd and Quick Attacked .__. I deafeated her with my Bird xDD JUST A BIRD! took me 2 times in my Japanese run >.>

Novia

Psyduck Fangirl <3
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2011
    i had that happen against biancas oshawott lol
    p.s. you cant catch psyduck in the wild in black&white,only golduck so youll need to breed :)

Oo thank you lol, I would have been out looking for one forever.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.

If you're going to complain about grammatical errors, PLEASE don't spell sense and was wrong.

I think my main WTF moment came when I realize that everyone in this region is overwhelmingly generous. I don't think I've been given a free Pokemon (My Pansear), in...ever.

you never played Yellow apparently

ALSO, my WTF moment was when I beat the entire E4 with a level 51 Haxorus 0_o talk about Hax

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just fought Skyla and EVERY attack in that battle was a critical hit. Heart Stamp, Air Slash, Quick Attack, everything. Although every Rock Slide my Excadrill used crit too soooo... I'm not really complaining, haha.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    If you're going to complain about grammatical errors, PLEASE don't spell sense and was wrong.

Not to mention, that's not a mistake. 'Look' is a noun in that sentence, not a verb. It's saying "Is this style okay?" just with a different word.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • For me it was after I beat the elite 4 and N. While heading to new places unlocked like White Forest I found the trainers had like lvl 64+ pokemon while my team was barely mid 50's after beating N.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    ALSO, my WTF moment was when I beat the entire E4 with a level 51 Haxorus 0_o talk about Hax

It makes me sad that the game possesses the ability Download and didn't give it to Haxorus. ):

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    To be fair, I just found out Zekrom/Reshiram's catch rate is pretty high for a legendary, while Victini's is set at the usual low rate. Something to do with having to catch them to progress the storyline or something...

Seriously?
    I had assumed Victini's was much higher than normal, seeing as the event and ability to use said event were so early on and it being only level 15. It only took a couple of Great Balls and 5 or 6 Pokéballs for me to catch it XD

Makes me wonder how quickly I'll catch Reshiram...

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Seriously?
    I had assumed Victini's was much higher than normal, seeing as the event and ability to use said event were so early on and it being only level 15. It only took a couple of Great Balls and 5 or 6 Pokéballs for me to catch it XD

Makes me wonder how quickly I'll catch Reshiram...

Yeah, Reshiram and Zekrom have catch rate 45, while Victini is just 3.

Work that out. o__O

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Oo thank you lol, I would have been out looking for one forever.
    your welcome mate, happy to help :)

my next WTF moment is i spent 3hours the other night trying to catch a modest Kyurem, the first 2attempts i catch it on the 1st&3rd dusk ball, but got a bold& adamant nature (he doesnt get any good physical ice moves so it was a waste) but then it took methe next 3hours to stop either my Volcarona from killin it accidently, it killin itself using endeavor (flame body ability -_-") or me blowing threw 24dusks balls& forced to use pokeballs lol on the final attempt i got a nature not even worth remembering,but i gave up lol
    my WTF after that is i go to catch victini on my new file and it took me only bout 10pokeballs, but on my last fire it literally took me 46balls of assorted kinds -_-" seriously WTF! but i am happy i got a Timid nature on it <3
    my last WTF is im training Victini,& it gets owned by a wild trubbish, god that pissed me off, but made me laugh, victory pokemon my ass, it dies the most out of all my current team members unless u count archen, but we all know it has no defenses lol(servine,excadrill,archen,&victini)

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    For me it was after I beat the elite 4 and N. While heading to new places unlocked like White Forest I found the trainers had like lvl 64+ pokemon while my team was barely mid 50's after beating N.

SAME HERE :<

I trained in the grass next to the white forest so now all my Pokemon are at lv. 63-64 but I decided to go back to the first town and go through every route to battle trainers I couldn't get to before (with surf) those trainers so far have Pokemon in the mid-30s... wtf. I don't like battling such low leveled Pokemon either. Rarr

Years
  • In Castelia City, I found two old men facing each other, one saying simply 'Smirk', the other saying 'Ehehehe'.
    Just a little odd, if you ask me... :surprised:

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • I just found out about the Hiker that appears during summer at the Ferris Wheel for the boy character.
    I just hope the changed it for the EU release.... Creepy...

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
  • Well in the Japanese versions the ferris wheel characters are considered dates. After you beat him you go on a date, during which he comments how hot it is and about your sweaty body, that you both sweat and then asks you if you had a lover....
    That's creepy in my book. :S

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I know, everyone and their dog seems be giving one thing or another.

Also that house in Iricius (?) City with the Quiz Show Family. I expected to get some pointless trivia or an item, but no. I walk in the door and:
    "WELCOME! Our next contestant is... THIS GUY!" (Or something to that effect)
    I was just sitting there thinking "...What... the hell?" with almost this exact expression: O_o

This :P:P

The way N is waiting outside Skyla's gym after you defeat her. Creep. :P
    Also the guy who leaps out from behind the skips in Castelia city.
    The ninjas who appear in the electric cave [still really bad with names ATM n_n] scared the crap out of me :L
    N and the Ferris Wheel [who ISN'T weirded it out by that :L]
    Wandering around the Desert resort, thinking what am I doing here exactly? :L
    Sky Arrow Bridge = my jaw just DROPPED o.O

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Catching Thundurus in 1 quick ball.
    and I was battling a trainer on route 13 I think anyway she sends out her level 65 Buneary, which promptly uses healing Wish WTF?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    A preschooler at the Soccer pitch had a lv 64 Mime jr.

O.O

He must have been having pokemon battles since he was in the womb.

Not just that but the levels of the post game trainers has me cowering in fear. It's going to be a long and painful process getting my pokemon strong enough to beat them easily. (As it stands now I can usually beat a trainer but not before it's knocked out one or two of my pokemon) Fortunately the high levels are sort of compensated by the fact that many of the trainers have basic stage pokemon, while mine are all fully evolved.

Last edited:
    Back