• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
Years
  • I had beaten the game and went to go check out the east side of isshu when i got into a pokemon battle....WTF was gamefreak thinking? >:O Late 40s and terrible exp rate here, helloooooo...

Years
  • My wtf moment, I was training my pokemon in desert resort and I found a trainer. He said: This moment. This is when we use pokemon. Huh?? What was that? :pink_eek:

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Thinking I'd come across a shiny Mienfoo when the sunlight was making the screen look different colours...

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • My greatest and only WTF moment on this game is on Marvelous Bridge. I don't know why, but for some reason the girl at the end of the bridge disappears when you stand next to her.

Scared the crap out of me. I feel like I should be doing something when I stand next to her, but... e.e

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    The female friend has the same name as I have ....and she is a ditz.
    the male friend is quite exactly how described in the manual ( 'can be hard to be around him sometimes .. oh yes......)
    When i finished the elite four and didnt battle the champion next.
    When I finished with N and had to battle ghetsis next.
    When I made my first step onto the next routes and I found the trainers all have suddenly levels 15 above my team levels. same for the wild Pokemon
    When I encountered the changed battle faint shift rules. had to switch on/off three times because I thought it was a glitch.
    At the eclectic pokémon teams of the trainers on the eastern side of unova
    Having dive but only the ruins to dive in, no underwater canyons :(
    my constant lack of money
    constantly getting audino under the shaking grass
    tornadomon being a pain in the butt because of its constant not getting captured
    that dragon Pokémon that looks like a plastic Bandai toy.
    the Ice cream Pokémon . LOL

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I've hatched 4 boxes of Solosis but only one Sassy. =(
    And to make it worse, that Solosis doesn't have the ability I need, instead it has Overcoat.

GET READY TO RUMBLE!

RAAAHAWRGAHRGA!
    Years
  • Poketransfer. Not only do you need to have two ds's, oh no. But also you have to catch the pokemon being sent over in this stupid minigame. Out of my six totally hacked platinum legendaries, only kyogre made it through. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • The mighty Medusa the Hydriegon taken out by an Oshawatt.
    Medusa used Dragon Pulse (Oshawatt has one HP)
    Oshawatt uses Ice Beam. Medusa is Frozen!
    You can see where this is going.

LilacArcanine

Aiber Enthusiast
    Years
  • Me levelling up my Deino to 45 thinking it'd evolve.

It didn't and I was all WTF?!

THEN I checked out Bulbapedia and found out he evolved at 50.

espeon2020

I loves eeveelutions :D
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    My WTF moments:
    -N rode the ferris wheel with me
    -Cheren stalks you (he ALWAYS knows what just happened to you and where you are)
    -I threw a regular pokeball at Kyurem to stall for Timer Balls, and got a critical capture and caught it.
    -I came home after beating the Elite Four to find that my mom has a clone.
    -Cheren and Bianca trash my room then leave.
    -My Liepard OHKO'ed Marshal's Mienshao with a crit Night Slash. (It was so awesome!!!)

Years
  • I battled the Volcarona in Relic Castle twice, without succes, then in the third battle, in the first turn, I threw a Quick Ball and it was caught.

176StantonStreet

Little Mons†er
    Years
  • My WTF moment by far has to be trying to catch Virizion (while it was in red HP) and going through over 50 total Ultra, Dusk, Heal, and Nest Balls!?
    Of course after a few times restarting my ds to retry, I eventually caught it.. BUT STILL.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    The fact that everyone seems to be getting shinys in the wild within 50 hours of playtime and getting shiny Pokemon in eggs within the first 15 using the Matsuda method and I have only ever found one shiny in my life (Wingull on my Emerald, tis was a good day).

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2011
    Deciding to spam revives to drain Kyurem of his PP, so that I could have my way with him to catch him, and finding out that "struggle" causes the user damage, and watching in horror as he kills himself. Not the best way to spend a half hour.

Having your Samurott get killed by Leavanny's critical hit in the battle subway, after your volcarona, which gets the first move in 99.9% of the time (with quick claw also) fails to down it, and then watching krokorok own the rest of my team with stone edge, hitting on three consecutive attempts, with a critical hit to the one remaining pokemon that's not susceptible to it. Pretty sure I've NEVER had that move hit three consecutive times.

Is it just me, or does every single pokemon in the subway have a powerful rock attack, and of course they never miss, unlike when you try to use them?

Back