• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    I went to my black city, hoping to find a lot of people and all, but it's EMPTY O_O

At first I thought it was a joke or something, but apparantly not... I was excited, but nah, game freak had to troll us :s
    Me too
    I thought the Black city is the ghost city

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I realise there's only 3 minutes left of DW, and go to retrieve my Pokemon from Tree of Dreams, find a stantler then ~japanese error~, go back, with two minutes to go, get to the tree then ~japanese error~, then go back with one minute to go... ~english error~ :(

So in the end I got nothing. Totally a wtf moment. lol :(

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
    Here's some odd moments.

-If you talk to TP Grunts when they`re lined up in the (first) forest in this order:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th...

the 5th says "Everyone else is wrong!". It sounds like he`s secretly disagreeing, even though it doesn`t really mean it...
    -(Inside Castelia City`s gym)Guy at front: "Trainer, to get through, you must walk through walls!" Me: Hooray! *rams into walls trying to find a secret passage*
    -Trainer (also in 3rd gym): "When you press the switch... Moi!" Me:Where? I don`t see any big-headed stone statues anywhere.
    -The fact I`ve played 8 hours total and only have 3 badges

And that is pretty much it.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    This happened earlier today in a battle between my Musharna and an opponent's Alomomola (or something).

-I select Charge Beam-
    Alomomola used Water Pulse! Musharna became confused.
    Musharna is confused. It hurt itself in its confusion.
    -I select Charge Beam-
    Alomomola used Aqua Ring.
    Musharna is confused. Musharna used Charge Beam! Special Attack rises! Alomomola's HP is almost red.
    -I select Psybeam-
    Alomomola used Water Pulse. Musharna has about 2/3 HP left.
    Musharna is confused. It hurt itself in its confusion.
    -I select Psybeam-
    Alomomola used Protect.
    Musharna snapped out of confusion. Musharna used Psybeam...seriously?! NOW it works? WTF?? Alomomola protected itself.
    -I select Psybeam- Just wait, it gets worse.
    Alomomola used Water Pulse. MUSHARNA BECAME CONFUSED!!! Now mind you, the opponent will faint as soon as I can get ANY hit in.
    Musharna is confused. Guess what happened? It hurt itself in its confusion!

I finally took that sucker out on the next turn. That was so frustrating. Definitely a WTF moment. Sorry that took so much space.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    My WTF moment was when i beat the elite 4 and was going awesome pokemon hunting and chose to go get volcarona and the musharna. Then i realise the trainers at both places are like lv 70 i died of shame and horror. I need to research more :P

Years
    When I traded one of my Pokémon for an Emboar with my friend, and the Emboar ended up having Emolga's (who was in my friends party at that point) attacks... I now have an electric Emboar.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I was desperetly trying to avoid Relic Castle trainers, and then I saw the backpacker that gives you the fossils, I avoided her too, and after I beat the game, I realized that she gave you Archen.....

I facepalmed.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    My White Forest was almost fully populated when I first got there, but then I went back a couple weeks later to catch some Pokemon and it was empty! I looked it up, and apparently if you don't talk to everyone in the forest every day, they start leaving after a few days :tired:. WTF Game Freak?!

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I transfer over my manaphy and randomly get into a fight with a trainer i use tail glow and suddenly it said " Manaphys Sp.Attack rouse DRASTICALLY" Im like Wtf! so i look it up and apparently tail glow now skips up 3 lvls of sp.attack so it turn out to be a nice wtf

Aafi

gaitors gonna gait.||
    Years
    Since I just started the game, my only "WTFFFF" moment is suckish. .____."

In the beginning of the game, you don't get the running shoes right away. So I was freaking out because if I had to walk that slow throughout the entire game, I would lose my mind.

.../butitsallgoodnow

poke4869

water pokemon maniac!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2011
    riding the Ferris wheel with N. I was like WTF! it's soooo creepy (especially when my character is a female -__-)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Catching Reshiram with one ultra ball on full health.

That can't be right.
    What? ;;
    I don't even think of throwing a Pokeball at full health (except Masterballs, of course).

But I did catch Reshiram with the first Ultra Ball I threw at him. That was kind of a "WTF?" moment for me.. since no legendary fight had ever been that easy.

Years
    Some of the attack choices by some of the computer trainers made me go WTF even when it helped me. Here's one from the beginning.

Munna versus Whirlipede in Castalia Gym. Whirlipede uses Poison Tail, taking Munna down to less than half health, Munna uses Psybeam, knocking Whirlipede to below half health. I figure I'm probably screwed, so I just go with Psybeam.

Whirlipede uses Screech -_- Psybeam connects and faints Whirlipede and I can't help but think that we think computers are smarter than us.

Years
    My personal WTF moment as finding a grammatical mistake in the dress-up game. 'Is this look okay?' was dispalyed, which just makes no sence. Nice job translation guys.
    forgive me if this has already been cleared, but I think they mean look like a style not like 'how do I look?'

Back