• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I was on my was to EV train my yanmask at celestial tower and i walk through the grass and fight a dearling i use nastyplot ( cause hes only lvl 22 ) the thing jumpkicks goes through yanmask because hes a ghost and loses 50% of its health seeing this i just use nastyplot again and this thing jumpkicks again misses and dies. ok that was lucky i guess i battle 7 more dearlings they do the exact same thing conclusion: dearlings are retarded

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
  • I definitely have to say that my biggest WTF moment was... well, I -just- beat Black for the first time, go through the credits, etc etc, and I appear in my house... as usual. Then that Looker dude is there!

Not to mention... he gives you a Super Rod? Really?! I yelled 'Are you ******* serious?!' and scared the crap out of my roommate.

Oh yeah... A Super Rod? Seriously?! (k, done)

Solfatara

Forest Dweller
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    Reeling in a wild dragonair in lv. 70.
    And, although not very surprising, spending over 30 balls catching a metang.
    I guess some of Cheren's "deep" speculations leave you wonder as well...

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    filling up an entire box of ferrowseeds searching for an adamant/brave nature then relizing it was a wall i needed and taking the first one i ever cought with its relaxed nature...

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    Just about to walk away from Route 3 and I see grass shakeing.

I realised it was a shiny and I killed it. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    My WTF moment was when I was just fishing at Dragonspiral tower when suddenly...

"Wild Dragonite appeared!"

Almost dropped my DS

Years
  • -The fact that you have doctors and nurses to heal your pokemon no matter where you go, and houses that helps heal too. I'm not complaining.. too much. But it feels a bit like spoon feeding X,D

-The whole level 60+ pokemon after the Elite Four. Seriously? I nearly cried from exasperation. My own team, at the most, was only level 53. Q_Q

-All the legendaries (Victini, Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion etc) only either require one dusk ball or one ultra ball. I bought like, 40+ for both (or restocked till they were 40 each everytime I'm gonna encounter a legendary), thinking I'm gonna waste em all trying to get them inside, but it only took ONE measly ultra/dusk ball for each of my legendaries. MY (virtual) MONEY.

-Looking through this thread and seeing everyone needing more than one whateverball on said legendaries. Is my game hacked or something? I bought the original version, I swear. o_o

-Critical catches. I thought I was hallucinating when it first happened.

-Rotation Battles in Black. WHY.

-Two EXP Shares in this game instead of the usual one. I AIN'T GONNA COMPLAIN.

-The fact that Eelektross has no super effective weakness.

-Getting Emolgas and Throhs (I'm playing Black) constantly instead of Audinos in the shaking grass when I needed to train up my pokemon before the Elite 4.

-When I first laid eyes on Tornadus(?spelling). What. Is. That.

-When N released his Zekrom. WTF. GIVE IT TO ME.

-Running through honey. It took me 20 seconds to un-spazz and had fun running through them.. again.. and again.. and again.

-Killing N's (now released, dangnabits) Zekrom with Reshiram's Fusion Flare. Ehhh? o_o They ain't even trying!

-My Sawk annihilating Lenora's team even though it was just recently caught and had no training whatsoever. And that it took no damage. I DIDN'T NEED TO TRAIN MY DEWOTT GRAHHHH.

My WTF moment was fighting another boss right after N. My pokemon team was all dead with only Zekrom in red health. I was like WTF I'm going to lose then I realized I'm all healed =_=.
    -That too. Though my team wasn't dead, just all either near the red zone, or half the HP left and my thoughts were "AHMYGAD I'm gonna die."

-Realizing that my character has a Hardy Nature, and is a Parasol Lady. Uhm. o_o

-Getting to Black City and wondering why there was almost nothing to do but battle 3 trainers, so many buildings you can't enter (its just TEASING you, I swear), then finding out you need to visit White Forest to increase the population there.

Seriously? I'm amazed.

Years
  • Aaaand another WTF moment. I just encountered Tornadus like (I don't feel like catching him), 5 times in a row everytime I decide to step into the grass. -.-

The 6th time it was straight into a shiny Emolga in the rustling grass (I was expecting Audino so I could train my Deino), but my Deino killed it. AUGH.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I had several.

1. When I first saw a Trubbish, I was like "WTF is that thing?!"
    2. When I first saw a Stunfisk, same thing.
    3. When I beat the Elite Four and found out I don't fight Alder.
    4. When I beat N, and then had to fight Ghetsis immediately after. I was like "Ahhhh! I'm gonna die!" then I saw all my Pokemon were healed. O_o
    5. When I started fighting the trainers post-game and saw they had level 65 Pokemon and mine were between 50 and 53.
    6. When I went into the Castelia Gym and found those walls made of honey, which I enjoyed running through over and over. :)
    7. When I saw how utterly ugly Kyurem was.
    8. When I found out you can't track Tornadus/Thundurus movements the normal way like with the other games. Instead, you have to rely on the bulletin boards in the route gates.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A couple days ago, I was on a Pupitar hunt, and I saw a shaking grass patch. I walked into it, and guess what I saw? A Tyranitar. I was so excited that I threw a Quick Ball at it. Luckily, it cooperated. I was disappointed when I learned it had bad IVs, but I still kept it.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Not being able to use R4 with Relocator and PokeTransfer (iThink) :(

Honestly, my Kanto/Johto and Sinnoh Dexes are nearly done, how will I move the Pokemon over? D= I lost all my legit game sand didn't have money so I R4ed 3=

Years
  • My WTF moments are when people spam the GTS with their impossible trades like a Pidove in trade for a Lv. 9 or under Zekrom... or they want a lv. 100 Thundurus for their Vanillite. That's all I can find on there. You'd think people would be a little more reasonable.

The preschoolers training Pokémon was also a WTF moment for me... as well as the whole having two friends constantly giving you random battles with the addition of N. I wish they would just go back to you having one rival instead of a bunch of annoying friends and then some.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Figuring out you cant transfer Spiky eared Pichu..... SHE WAS MY BEST POKEMON!!!! T.T

Back