• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

Years
  • Tonight i was trying to catch a Boldore with an Ultra ball and it appeared to be caught.. then I tried a regular Pokeball and I caught it... O_o

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Black said:
    It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.
    White said:
    They pretend to be elaborate coffins to teach lessons to grave robbers. Their bodies are covered in pure gold.

Seems fine.
    You need to watch more horror movies :p

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • So there I was facing off against Cobalion for the first time. I got it down to about 1/2 HP with no status ailments. I decided, why not? I went ahead and threw and Ultra Ball and, in one shot, no critical capture, I caught it! I told my brother about this and he, who wasted 20 something Ultra Balls on it, hated me for it.

XDLugia

Secrets R found in plain sight
    Years
  • I went exploring near white forest, and and accidentally challenge a girl to a rotation battle. The one that was doing all the battling on my side was a lv 34-ish Stoutland against three lv 65 pokemon.
    One by one, the others fell, and stoutland came out on top. :shocked:

A few minutes later, the same happened in a triple battle.

flamz321

Redefining the arts...
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    Challenging the E4 and wiping the floor with them and then going on the unexplored routes and getting my tushy whooped.

Years
  • I was looking for this thread, and apparently it didn't exist...
    Anyways just post some random moment in Pokemon Black or White where you thought, "WTF?"

Mine was today. I was playing White, and when I got to Route 2, I found a Bulbasaur! I battled a few more. I couldn't catch them because it was a nuzlocke challenge. After a few Bulbasaur, the Missingo of this game (A question mark in a circle) started appearing! I was so confused... Probably a broken ROM, but not sure.

lol thats incredibly...strange to say in the least. i always have WTF moments when im walking through the tall grass and my pokemon are on their last leg and all of a sudden out of nowhere my rival shows up and is like "hey my pokemon are strong lets battle!" im always left thinking...wow you seemed to have caught me at a bad time. yiiiikes

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
  • I've had several, but the most recent is when I was in the 4th Gym today and sent out by Servine (Lyra) against a Blitzle.
    Me: "Muwahaha! Your electricity's got nuttin' on my grass type! Suck it, Zebra!"
    Blitzle: Weird Zebra noise...
    BLITZLE USED FLAME CHARGE!
    Lyra fainted.
    WTF?!?! Since when can zebra's use fire?! And I was like several levels above him. >_<

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've had several, but the most recent is when I was in the 4th Gym today and sent out by Servine (Lyra) against a Blitzle.
    Me: "Muwahaha! Your electricity's got nuttin' on my grass type! Suck it, Zebra!"
    Blitzle: Weird Zebra noise...
    BLITZLE USED FLAME CHARGE!
    Lyra fainted.
    WTF?!?! And I was like several levels above him. >_<

hahaha! oh my god wow, just wow. these new fangled japanese video games are full of interesting surprises!

i do recall having someone tell me to "suck it" on one of those games.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    My main one.

Wild Cherrim Lv.46 appears!
    Me: Yes! I love those things! *Sends out Leafeon Lv.100*
    Leafeon: *Uses sunny day*
    Me: This should be a cinch-
    Cherrim: *Uses solarbeam*
    Leafeon: *Faints*
    Me: WAIT WHAT?

Sul_Zala

Collector of tales
    Years
  • The dead easy catch rate of Terrakion and Kobalion. I prepped for several resets and had my usual 50 Dusk Balls with me and they were in before the tenth. And before any reset.

Second, Demetrios. I'm a pen&paper player, D&D (pre 4.0), Midgard, matters not, and I'm into the old, pagan myths and pantheons. The deity of fertility is, as far as I've got, ALWAYS female, and I was not very amused that it is male here. I mean, wth. (Though: tongue in cheek, gender equality xD) Probably going to disregard it and make it female if I ever get that far with my FFs.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • Eelektross' Pokedex entry:
    They crawl out of the ocean using their arms. They will attack prey on shore and immediately drag it into the ocean.
    HM01 Cut Can learn
    HM04 Strength can learn
    Surf can't be learnt?
    WATAFA! WTF!

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I caught the Musketeer trio pretty easily with just A FEW Poke balls and no damage. :/ Either they have higher catch rates or I'm just lucky.

Also, my whole team was destroyed by a foe Purugly post-game. The trainer's Pokemon WERE a few levels higher than mine, and the trainer WAS an Ace Trainer, but I still went WTF when my team died. The difficulty spike was set too high post-game... ;;

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I was WTF and disappointed about how White Forest looked like.... I just think it's a little empty and boring. I thought it would be really cool.

Back