• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your WTF moments?

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I have 2 WTF! Moments, both about wireless, and I belive one is in my signature...

The other one is when I was battling the SAME friend (Riolu♀) in a rotation battle, and we were down to our last pokemon each, her Reshiram and my Galvantula. I had already hit her with earthquake from a previous pokemon, so she had slightly less than half health. I Had full health, though. I used thunder, to bring her health to the amount that even if I DID hit with thunder again, I wouldn't kill her., Plus, she reduced my health to less than half with Dragonbreath. So, I decide 'Meh' And use thunder again.

'A critical hit!'

....I'm SO lucky she didn't kill me...

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • ''Theres a huge storm on Route 3''
    *Walks to route 3*
    Hmm, its pretty stormy here!
    *Wild Tornadus Appeared!*
    Go! Samurott!
    Assef used a Quick Ball!
    Gotcha! Tornadus was caught!

lol...

Jenayru

X3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    When I found out Pikachu was trade-only.

Seriously, Pikachu? XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    2 WTF moments,

number one: Final Elite four trainer, last pokemon for me and him. I had a Stoutland, my strongest pokemon. He had a Sawk as his last pokemon. It was a 1 v 1, I had the upper hand because my stoutland was a higher level and had higher speed stats so I got to move first. I used Giga-impact for a OHKO, son of a gun had sturdy as it's ability. It used its moved and knocked me clean out of pokemon... WTF

Number 2: Leveling up my pokemon, I got each one in my party probably 15-20 levels up. I went to the poke-center to restore their HP and WAMM, my game froze with out save... WTF

jammi567

Managing to defeat Alder without a single one of my Pokemon fainting - compared to the rest of the E4, where I really struggled against them.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
  • My wtf moment was when I was catching Kyurem and thought it would take a big while. But on the first turn I throw a quick ball at him and I got him. I was a bit disappointed.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    When Kyrums Pokedex entry said nothing about anything

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Quite a few in fact.

One in Fire Red where I took on a Graveler with my Charmeleon in Rock Tunnel, used Metal Claw and got it down to half health, the Graveler used Magnitude 10 on me of all things T___T

Another in Ruby where I managed to catch Rayquaza during the turn it was going to use Fly on one of my guys at the time.

Final one I can think of was in the Battle Factory in Platinum where my Huntail missed the Frontier Brain's Lickylicky just as I was thought I was gonna win but then I get Power Whipped.

But in White, I'd have to say when I almost got sweeped by Caitlin's Sygliph until I dropped it with my Renunculis and when I sent out my Excadrill against N's Klinklang and it used Focus Blast, revealing itself to be N's Zoroark. Thank god that Focus Blast missed though lol, my Earthquake didn't.

Last edited:

ChrisHex

Hexoid Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    my WTF moment? you're gonna love this. 8th gym, I had a Haxorus that just evolved. I swept through all the trainers so easily, and the gym leader was way too easy. all I had to do for the whole gym was spam Dragon Claw. a while later... I got to N's throneroom, Reshiram appears(I was playing pokemon black). I send out Haxorus(Lv. 50), and I insta-KO Reshiram. Now, as most gamers know, Reshiram regenerates, wanting to battle again. So I battled Reshiram A LOT of times, with the same outcome each time. so after a different strategy, I caught Reshiram. I decided to keep Haxorus in my team, along with Reshiram. I defeat N, Ghetsis arrives, during the battle, Reshiram gets KOed, I send in Haxorus against his Hydreigon. I used one dragon claw. Hydreigon went down. I won the game. a while later, battled against Cynthia. I really didn't level up Haxorus at all(he was probably level 52). one hit KOed Garchomp.
    this was truly a WTF moment, or at least an epic win moment.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    This is my FTW moment when I play at Pokémon White:
    img84,imageshack,us/img84/492/85053925,jpg
    I can't post links, the spaces are .
    Is in the Spanish version :D

turtwigfan001

A Turtwig Luver
    Years
  • I was playing Black and battling Terrakion.
    Then he almost ko Red my Leavanny.
    Note:Red was at level 100 my only level 100 and he had false swipe
    i used false swipe
    and then i accidentally throwed a pokeball instead of an ultra ball
    it struggled on time DING Gotcha Terrakion was caught
    i was like how did that happened
    but the strange thing it's that it didnt struggled three times but only one time
    Great WTF? moment

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I somehow glitched the Black city boss. He's saying that I beat around 7,000 trainers but yet the actual number is about 300 something. I'm rolling around in so much money right now that this could be a good thing even if it is something weird. I think it might have something to do with me playing around too much with the clock. It's either that or it might be a side effect to that "Swap map to White Forest" code I was using a few days earlier.

Years
  • 1. When my Tepig (his name is Tom) was fighting Cheren's Oshawott and I actually won. Doesn't fire have a disadvantage over water? Anyway, I was SO not expecting to win that one.

Well, all the offensive moves Tepig and Oshawott have at that time was Tackle, so nothing super effective and stuff.

Repels don't help at all in the Giant Chasm and I can't find TM Ice Beam!

Repels only work if your first Pokemon has levels higher (not equal for better chances) than the Pokemon in the cave/forest/whatsoever.

I was in Iccirus City and was looking around... Saw an item on a ledge that was inaccessible from all angles. I was like, "WHAT THE **** WHY WOULD THEY PUT AN ITEM THERE WHAT A TEASE".

You can get it when it turn Winter. =]

Last edited:

Stevesixty9

Pokemon collecter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2012
    Had a random match up his corpish used gulliotine it hit I was left with full hp rest of the match only weather did damage

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • The very first time I went diving..........and yeah. xDD Hahaha when the water torrent forces you above surface my jaw dropped lol.

ForeverFlygon

Sarcasm is Wincasm!
    Years
  • The connection I made between the entrance to Giant Chasm and the entrance to Turnback Cave (Spring Cave). You remember that bridge that led to nowhere at Spring Path? Well, there's a bridge just like it at the entrance to Giant Chasm. Perhaps the bridge in Spring Path originally lead to Giant Chasm?
    Really, why did the thought NEVER cross my mind?

Back