• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You've been playing for a while... isn't it time for a break?"

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
  • Pokemon is probably the best candidate for this, and even though I've spent a lot of time on Zelda games as well, I'm pretty certain that my total playtime for all the Pokemon games I've played, add up to waay more than I've ever spent on my Zelda games, even though I own more of those. And the reasonfor that should be pretty easy to figure out :p Pokemon has an insanely high replay value as well as lots of post-game content for most of the games, with how every playthrough of any game can be different by mixing up your teams doing challenges, as well as catching legendaries, EV training for competitive battling, etc. for the post-game, and so on, which is far from anything that can really be found in any of the Zelda games. The fun in those games mostly lie in the main story, and while progressing through the game, and once you've finished the game, there's just not a whole lot left to do. I mean, of course you could do side-quests, gather all the heart pieces, bottles, etc., but it just doesn't really compare to what Pokemon gives us, and whereas I could easily start over with Pokemon instantly after beating it, and most of the time still enjoy it again because of how every playthrough can differ from the last, I usually can't play a Zelda game twice in a row without getting bored rather quickly during the second playthrough.

So yeah, kinda self-explanatory. I can't really think of any other games that I've really played that much, since those two franchises have been what most of my gaming life has been spent on, and most other games wouldn't nearly get as close :p

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
  • As was said, Pokemon would hold the title in this case, for the previously stated reasons. EV training is a hell of a task, and takes quite a toll on your playtime. This would probably be followed by Monster Hunter Tri/3 ultimate. The fact that it was released on 3DS just gave me more excuses to play it anywhere I want. Other series that take a considerable amount of my time would be Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Zelda, and lots of little meaningless MOBAs, like League of Legends and DOTA 2.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The games I spent the most time on were Pokemon Platinum version and Battlefield 3...
    I just really liked the gameplay from BF3, and all the gunplay involved...I was just stuck into it. I played day in an day out trying to rank up as much as possible, use and master all the vehicles, use every weapon. I can't really put it any plainer, so sorry if I rambled a bit xD

I liked Platinum's story change from Diamond and Pearl, since it didn't drastically change the story, but it wasn't a rehash either. Just small changes. Also, well it's Pokemon. Just spending time training your future team of death dealers.

Years
  • If I were to add up all of the hours I've spent across multiple save files on multiple versions, Pokemon easily tops this list. If I find myself really enjoying a Pokemon game, it isn't that hard to rack up 100+ hours in about a month, and if I were to multiply that across all of my games, that number would be insanely high.

If I'm just looking at a single game though, I'd be confident in saying that I spent the most time playing NHL 11 on the PS3. There's no actual in-game timer to say how much time you've spent playing the game, but with how dedicated I was to getting the Platinum trophy on it, 600 hours wouldn't be much of a stretch. Since you had to play an absolute minimum of 270 online games (which take anywhere from 15 minutes to half an hour), and hundreds of offline games, it doesn't surprise me that I spent so long on it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • As few have mentioned above me, Pokemon is the main games I play. Once I get started, I can't put it down for hours.

What video game, or video game(s) did you spend the most time on? - Pokemon, any game, as soon as I start I can't put it down for hours. Once I do I can't wait to get back into the action. I can easily go for 9 hours (with few breaks - food, restroom, greet family)

Other games I rarely play anymore, but when I do play them, I can play for about an hour or two are: Sim City 4, Hoyle Card Games or Board Games. Non PC - Grand Theft Auto 4 & FIFA 12.

Why did you spend the most game time on those sorts of video games? - it could be that I'm a Pokemon addict. While playing the games I have to watch the anime or a movie. They are just too addicting to let them down. Other games; I get into them and slowly loose interest, I start to miss my Pokemon Adventure - and after a while I'll quit Sim City 4 or GTA 4 and pick up my DS Lite and play Pokemon.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
  • Game I've spent the most time playing.. Would be RuneScape without a doubt. My Adventurer's Log a few weeks before I got banned was sitting at just about 340 days. Which is real time that I had sat down and played that game.. Roughly 8160 hours playing it.

Why did I spend so much time playing this game? I freaking loved it, that's why. :D

EDIT: If we're talking about longest stretch playing a game nonstop.. Would still be RuneScape. I think my longest stent playing it in one sitting was... 30 hours I think. I honestly don't remember very well XD I know I did quite a few 24 hour sessions.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Nine freaken hours spent playing, non-stop, never taking a break. Ugh, the horror!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Sonic Adventure 2 the chao races for 3 hours straight. Probably because it was so addictive racing my hard raised little chao.

PkmnTrainerSeol

PokeBreeder Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Aha, I'd definitely have to go with Pokemon on this one. Although, my video game preference tends to go in cycles, I can play Pokemon non-stop for around 4 months maybe? And then I'll just lose all interest and move on to Mario, Sonic or Zelda.

Right now though, I'm a PokeFreak {XD}

Sonic Adventure 2

I can totally understand your feelings! Chao Racing can get so addictive. I hope they bring it back in Lost World.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    1000+ hours go to the Monster Hunter and Pokemon series. The single game I have the most hours on is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, at some time over 900. Why, I couldn't tell you. I suppose both series have a theraputic repetitiveness; the same reason many people play WoW, mayhap. Once one gets into it, it takes a while to stop — there's always that rare drop or something, one is never really done. I expect to end up with this many hours in Guild Wars 2 since my connection has been good enough for it, same reasons.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Pokemon would my correct answer for this. However, it was back when I was much younger, so naturally my tastes changed, and I don't like to count that.

My answer would be Halo 3. One of my favorite games of the generation. It had the right ideas for its kind of shooter, and the execution was near perfect. Only flaw I see in it is that it's 30fps. It's only natural for me to get so addicted to the game, because of the way it's designed. I played this game many a times with friends as well, and I still do. Shame Reach and 4 fell completely flat in comparison.

It's nothing like 1000+ hours, though. I don't think I ever managed to reach 300 hours in a single game...

Back