• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yu-Gi-Oh POKeDUEL

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Progress on the sprites has been a bit slower than expected. There are around ~30 sprites left. The goal is to release version 3 by the end of summer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    This is a really promising game, looking forward to your progress on this game, question though, since you improved the shiny odds, is it possible to shiny hunt starters?

Edit: I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it seems that the gender of Black Luster Soldier is locked to female, maybe it has something to do with him being in the pokedex entry of Ditto which is originally genderless, but so far all the Black Luster Soldier monsters I am facing are all female gender

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    This is a really promising game, looking forward to your progress on this game, question though, since you improved the shiny odds, is it possible to shiny hunt starters?

Edit: I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it seems that the gender of Black Luster Soldier is locked to female, maybe it has something to do with him being in the pokedex entry of Ditto which is originally genderless, but so far all the Black Luster Soldier monsters I am facing are all female gender

Yes, you can shiny hunt starters. BLS has a 100% female chance. Will change in a future update to make encountering males possible.

We have lots of plans for the future! Currently, the game is getting remade from scratch using a new engine (CFRU, same engine as Radical Red & Unbound) which will allow us to use mechanics up to gen 8 in the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Yes, you can shiny hunt starters. BLS has a 100% female chance. Will change in a future update to make encountering males possible.

We have lots of plans for the future! Currently, the game is getting remade from scratch using a new engine (CFRU, same engine as Radical Red & Unbound) which will allow us to use mechanics up to gen 8 in the game.

That's great to hear, looking forward to that update, here's also hoping that more monsters will be added in the game, maybe include 1-3 monster of some archetypes (Six Samurai, Ally of Justice, Ice Barrier, maybe even Destiny Heroes) that are not just limited to OG and GX titles, but I guess the problem will be the sprite for those

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2022
    How do I patch the game using an android phone. I would to smash some Yugimons

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Hello I downloaded this game but I found two bugs when I tried to evolve winged kuriboh with the moon stone it crashed and the same when I tried to evolve avian via level it also crashed

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hello I downloaded this game but I found two bugs when I tried to evolve winged kuriboh with the moon stone it crashed and the same when I tried to evolve avian via level it also crashed

This happens when you incorrectly patch the game. How many patches did you apply? You are only supposed to patch a ROM once! Did you use the latest 3.2 patch? Come to the Discord so we can fix this.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2022
    Hey I downloaded this on my 2DS and I have Dark Magician at 001 spot and not 002. Which version would that be and how would I be able to look at that Pokedex. I got the National Dex before Viridian Forest as well. I'm trying to look up info for the right version I would have. I download the Rom of HShop as well if that helps

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2022
    Hey I got the patch to work on my phone. So I have version 2 on my 2DS and the newest version on my phone. Now I'll be able to see the differences between the 2. Gonna be a blast

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2022
    Hi! I would know if you will add in the future the tarot monster cards, it',s one of my favourite archetype

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • So first of all I'm still progressing through this rom hack but I wanted to comment anyway. This game is way more fun than it I could have imagine and you should congradulate yourself for that, especially with all the metagame lingo being thrown around. made me laugh several times XD.

Yeah, this hack is great. Classic Yugioh monsters reimagined as pokemon with some metagame commentary and Yugioh-Abridged-type humor does a good fangame make. I'm having a blast playing it, and if anyone reading this is a fan of both Yugioh and Pokemon, then you will too.

The one thing I don't quite understand is the overworld yugioh sprites. They appear to be direct ports from another game, and you'd think it would just be easier to put yugioh sprites in the gen 3 style than to do these types. But meh. Minor detail. Your fangame, you do what you want.

I do have one request if you'd deign to listen to me: Two iconic monsters put in as big 680 BST ubers. Chaos Emperor Dragon and BLS Envoy of the End. Making them ubers makes too much sense, since ubers are banned from play in competitive and these two were banned in the actual TCG for being too overpowered. I can envision several jokes about someone saying no teue duelist should use banned cards or something XD.

I put my suggestion for stats and stuff in the spoiler tag below, take it as seriously as you want. I did it for fun anyway because I got inspired by the game.

Keep up the good work!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    So first of all I'm still progressing through this rom hack but I wanted to comment anyway. This game is way more fun than it I could have imagine and you should congradulate yourself for that, especially with all the metagame lingo being thrown around. made me laugh several times XD.

Yeah, this hack is great. Classic Yugioh monsters reimagined as pokemon with some metagame commentary and Yugioh-Abridged-type humor does a good fangame make. I'm having a blast playing it, and if anyone reading this is a fan of both Yugioh and Pokemon, then you will too.

The one thing I don't quite understand is the overworld yugioh sprites. They appear to be direct ports from another game, and you'd think it would just be easier to put yugioh sprites in the gen 3 style than to do these types. But meh. Minor detail. Your fangame, you do what you want.

I do have one request if you'd deign to listen to me: Two iconic monsters put in as big 680 BST ubers. Chaos Emperor Dragon and BLS Envoy of the End. Making them ubers makes too much sense, since ubers are banned from play in competitive and these two were banned in the actual TCG for being too overpowered. I can envision several jokes about someone saying no teue duelist should use banned cards or something XD.

I put my suggestion for stats and stuff in the spoiler tag below, take it as seriously as you want. I did it for fun anyway because I got inspired by the game.

Keep up the good work!

Spoiler:

Thank you very much for your feedback. Yes, the overworld sprites were direct ports from other yugioh GBA games. I wasn't able to produce them in the Pokemon style, so that was the next best option. Hopefully in the near future they can get remade in Pokemon style. I like your suggestions. If you have any others, come to the Discord (link in OG post). It's easier to communicate on Discord. BLS Envoy and Chaos Emperor are definitely 2 monsters I would like to eventually add as they are iconic (maybe Envoy can be an evo to regular Black Luster Soldier)

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    So i tried to use this on my android and patched the file with macrobledo.com. The file doesnt play. The copy of fire red i downloaded for the patch works but not the Poke Duel game. I downloaded the files on my pc and did the same process. The fire red works on my pc but not the rom itself. Does this require a specific gba emulator? I also saw someone mention having issues in a previous comment and linked a page suggesting lips103. I downloaded this on my pc and did the process but the file still wont play. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
    Back