• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Yume Tsuki's Art Parade!

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
This'll be my general art dump.

Yes, I also had a Pixel art thread. However, since the merge of the two sections and I really want to show more of my own art because I do more than just pixel art. If this thread is uneccessary I would like to have them merged into one topic.

Anyways A few things considering my art:

- If you want to post them elsewhere, no need for permission. Just make sure to give credit.
- I love Constructive critsism, don't be shy. Just tell me what I can improve.
- If you pretend to be a good artist by showcasing my art and claiming it as your own... I will haunt you and steal all your cookies.
- Some of my art can be a bit creepy. If you have some trouble with bloody images I reccomend you not to open the spoilers where I explicitly warn for gore.
- Want to see more of my art? Here is my galley.

Enjoy ~

Warning: Gore
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You already know I love your work, Froslass. :) Your fakemon are gorgeous, and your character designs are so unique and interesting. If you don't mind my asking, what was the inspiration for your first piece? I love the horns and the demonic stances and features. I also really like the touch of white you put in the eyes. That kind of contrast just draws me right in.

You've got your anatomy down a lot better than artists of a similar level, which is great. Make sure you pay attention to your faces though. Right now, the eyes in this piece look awkward compared to the rest of the face. Take care that you use accurate proportions when focusing on humanoid faces. Anime does have exaggerated features, yes, but they're relative to the surrounding face. My advice is to make sure you have a good foundation of the rules of facial anatomy, then break it. You're on the right track though, and that's a good thing.

Hopefully my critique can be a little useful for you. I'll see if I can't get your pixel gallery merged over here too. :)

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Thank you very much ~
The first piece is based on all kinds of video game characters and a bit of my own touch. I usually draw with a certain story in my mind. ^^

Yes eyes are usually one of those things I'm declaring war with when it comes to the face. I never seem to get them in the correct position, even when I make the guidelines for positions... Hands are also one of those things I need to practise more. Though I noticed making skeletons really helps.

Here is one of my first attempts on a realistic portrait. It has been quite a speed paint since I finished it in two hours so there are some flaws here and there.
Spoiler:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
What program do you use for your non pixel art? It seems like SAI or something. I suggest trying different layering techniques, such as making a new layer and using different modes like Overlay, Multiply ect.. Experiment with that. I think you could also improve your colouring that way.

Anyways, I see a lot of potential here. Remember to experiment and try new things. Your stuff is super colourful and I like that. I think using different colours for the lines could bring that out a lot (or even going completely lineless, in a vector style). Also, I like how even though your characters aren't proportionally correct (like the tyranitar) that it seems to make up for that for it's character. He still seems a bit lopsided but if you get the proportions down properly you can have a lot of fun with messing with them like that.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
Years
Warning: Cuteness overload!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Moar snorunt stuff <3

Daaaah I didn't heed your cuteness overload warning and now I think I'm about to faint from a cuteness overload! These two pieces are adorable, and looking at them made me smile. The angry Snorunt did it for me; it's expression is priceless, and you can only just imagine what's going down with his mouth under that scarf.

You're whole gallery is brilliant, though. Your very first piece was the one that stood out for me because of the stance of the character, the horns and, like Fairy pointed out, the touch of white in the eyes. It just makes the whole piece very creepy, but very, very likeable. Keep up the great work, Froslass_Maniac! :)

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Sorry for disappearing for a while ;w;
A lot of stuff had come up like my birthday party, and a League of Legends community tournament and a ****ton of homework which had priority... And then ORAS and SSBU were released in europe... I will be working on the comic update sooner or later.

Anyways I got myself back into doodling a bit, the human and the fly might be off in anatomy because I didn't draw reference points when drawing them.
yume__dragons__and_a_fly_by_froslassmaniac-d88h1k5.png

Last edited:

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
And then a long pause. In which I DID draw, I just forget to post things... .w.;
My christmas break started just now so I finally can take some time to continue on epidemic nuzlocke

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
Hey! Just looked through your thread and wanted to post and let you know I admire your creativity. Your work is awesome ^_^ and I can tell you like to try new things!

How do you do your lines? Have you ever considered spending more time on them? I'm only asking because I've found for me the more time I spend on my lines the better my drawing turns out. It's just a personal preference though of course. I do like the style of your lines as is!

Does the female character in these images: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8482568#8482568 represent you ? :)

Back