• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|/\|Ze March Pixel Contest Results|/\|

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Dark Dragon:
    Erm… a weird entry to say the least, I've zoomed in and all I really see are grey lines, red and blue dots dotted around the rhydon, would have been better if you had made the rhydon from scratch.
    4/10

Jedite1000:
    GAH! Where is the shading? I see no shading? Well apart from the smallest amount on the screen, but it looks like you made the whole thing using the line tool and that's no good!
    Also some of the buttons are wonky
    1/10

Naruto-Uzuamaki:
    No shading! And most likely line tooled
    1/10

Adam_148:
    RECOLOURS! NO JUST NO! *disqualified*

Dark feline:
    A rather good entry, but some of the lines could do with clearing up, and maybe a little less dithering
    6/10

Vaati;
    Obviously custom, interesting shading style and what the heck is with the underwear showing? You went overboard with the rips in the clothing. The anatomy is pretty much perfect. Although some lines could use clearing up, unless the style of the PA doesn't require to clean lines up.
    7.6/10

Lugia_Master:
    NO SHADING! AHHHH does this community have something against shading? Pretty much the same as the other pokedex's probably line tooled.
    1/10

Sheepnut:
    Good idea, but could use a lot more shading, maybe some dithering as well.
    6/10

Haunter Master:
    Well interesting idea but all you did was make the stick man and that stuff.
    So
    1/10

Coreystranick:
    Broken Image
    N/A

KougaWolf
    Simple fusion looking thing with a background that obviously wasn't done by hand
    4/10

Lusts Veyron:
    Interesting looks good but the fact its saved in JPG format does help much
    5/10

DarkBlaziken546:
    Simple fusion and when I say simple I MEAN really simple all you've really done is recoloured it, changed the eyes and shoved a magnet on its head
    3/10

EgiFuX:
    What the hell is it? It doesn't look anything like a magnemite and electrabuzz fusion. It looks like you've mirrored one side changed the arms and some of the colours. The shading isn't brilliant needs clearing up A LOT
    4.5/10

Arrogance:
    Pretty nice actually seems like a mecha Pokemon not a tacky re-colour. The colours go really well and the cloud thingy on its back is pretty nice.
    6.5/10

Allstories:
    Superb, pretty amazing work. The use of AA is very well done. Commander Keen I believe? It's simple but awesome
    9/10

Wolf_Vee:
    Interesting idea but the shading isn't brilliant, some dithering would make it A LOT better. The light sources could use some work but its pretty good
    6.5/10

Apion:
    Pillow shading isn't good and you saved it as a JPG so it isn't really looking brilliant
    3/10

Budgie_Boy:
    Pretty nice but you over did the dithering and I don't know if its just me but the ship looks wonky slightly which gave it a funny look. The planet's shades change a bit too much.
    7.5/10

Pheonixx:
    It looks like you put more effort into the background then the actual piece. The trainers top doesn't match the style of the trousers and the thing that gets over excited isn't actually that good
    4/10

Lil Chikarita:
    A nice entry but the shading could use A LOT of work. Maybe some dithering would make it look better.
    6/10

Houndoom1:
    Horrible recolour with extra bits added to the ears and other places
    1/10

Cookie Luvs Green:
    The anatomy is amazing but you have appeared to have used 3 light sources. Still an amazing piece dithering used well in place. It also applies to the theme well despite not looking totally does
    8.9/10

Iron Spriter Josh:
    Interesting to say the least. It doesn't apply to the theme much. The voltorb is possibly the best P_A in the piece. The revamps are pretty well done and the background is interesting
    6/10

1st: Allstories:
    Awesome :P You've been beaten tonnes of times before and this was your month to shine Kudos.

2nd: Cooke Luvs Green:
    Well done :P Good piece but could use alot of work

3rd: Vaati:
    Kudos Matt, you did well keep it up :P

and a special mention to

Budgie_Boy:
    Potential in your work but the shading could have used ALOT of work and maybe abit to much dithering

I might do some prize stuff later

DarkFeline

I like pie.
    Years
    Woah. No offense, but...what the heck? Vaati won third place? His sprite SUCKED. And you pretty much suck at evaluating the sprites. I wish Signomi was the jury this month again, she is MUCH better than you.... Sucker.

Years
    DarkFeline: Ok, that was uncalled for. There was no need to bash him like that, for what reason? That you disagreed with the results that he actually bothered to do? Sure, but there was no need to blatantly insult him like that. If you've nothing nicer to say whilst having to put on an insult then don't even say anything at all.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    My opinion on the results:

Esupio: Your not doing anyone any favors by just giving useless comments like "NO SHADING! AHHHH" or "What the hell is it?". I mean, it's not that you're not trying, it just seems like you don't know what you're talking about a lot of the time. I mean, since when are you not allowed to have more than one light source? And if anything, Vaati's entry's anatomy was not it's strongest point.

Anyway, it's about time I won, so thanks for that. Although it sort of feels like I only won because I've never won before.

I'm not looking forward to next months contest. :|

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    DarkFeline said:
    Woah. No offense, but...what the heck? Vaati won third place? His sprite SUCKED. And you pretty much suck at evaluating the sprites. I wish Signomi was the jury this month again, she is MUCH better than you.... Sucker.
    Comming from a "spriter" of your skill I find that post highly funny.

Allstories is right ya know.

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
    Years
    wow that was harsh wat u said 2 mine 1/10 i deserve 2 have it a bit higher......but oh well i guess i can try harder next time, i will try get a 2/10 nextime

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    ohh broken image......meh, it probably wouodn't have gotten a hig score anyway. Congrats Allstories

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back