• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: ZodiacDaGreat's Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    alright, thanks for replying so quickly :P. I will follow this and hopefully get it to work soon.

Edit: i just thought about something - if the level script I have only runs once per time in the area, then the "shiny" code will activate once, making all battles shiny until i reactivate the code, turning it off. this would be a great thing to happen for now, since i have to repeatedly reactivate the code for more shinies to appear, but what about when I want the random to kick in? if it (my level code) only runs once per time in the room, and the shiny code stays on once active, then there will be a 127/128 chance that all the battles I will fight will not be shiny, but when the code does activate, then EVERY battle will be shiny until i turn it back off. what i really need is for a way to have the script activate after every battle (the level script that is), if i can do that, then the patch you made will be sufficient for the randomness to work right.

if you know a way for the level script to activate after every random encounter, that would be great, as that is what i am having issues with. if my code starts after every encounter, then i can use random to set the 1/128 chance. if you have an example of coding that will do this, I would appreciate it. I do not know if i confused you before with my wording, but i have been really looking for a level script that would run after every wild pokemon encounter, not run and then stay on. i confuse myself sometimes <_<.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    i just looked in your trader advanced program, and just noticed how crappy the IV's for the traded pokemon in emerald are as compared to fire red's... i think we got ripped off there <_<. i like this program from what i have seen so far (short, sweet, and to the point :P), and plan on using it soon when i begin to hack emerald (going to just add onto the game a little, making all of the pokemon available throughout the game, with sidequests for the added legendaries (have to look into the latias/latios encounter thing, as i would possibly like to add the g/s/c dogs like this, though am kind of reluctant, as it would probably take a lot of work, and not counting possible problems needed to be fixed).

just one question, in the ability section, is the number of the ability (1st, 2nd) have to be a specific one of the two for certain pokemon (like seedot having the 2nd and early bird), or can they all be set as the 1st. what i mean, is do i have to look at each pokemon's two abilities in another editor to see which number i have to use, or does it really matter?

also, a possible, but not neccessary addition to the editor could be something showing what each nature/ability does for those who forget what they do (like me and my horrible memory... i would have to have a separate list up to know them ><). like i said, not too big, but could be helpful to those who use it. it works nicely so far though, no bugs from what i have done with it, though i haven't changed much yet (namely the abilities because of my question - don't want to crap out my game... again >_>).

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • You sure are a busy man :P

secondadvent said:
    just one question, in the ability section, is the number of the ability (1st, 2nd) have to be a specific one of the two for certain pokemon (like seedot having the 2nd and early bird), or can they all be set as the 1st. what i mean, is do i have to look at each pokemon's two abilities in another editor to see which number i have to use, or does it really matter?
    Nope, I only added the ability section because changing the received pokemon, some donot have a second ability thus you see no ability after you receive it. So, you choose whichever ability you want the pokemon you're going receive to have, for some there can only be one ability then you'll have to choose the first either than that you can pick 1st or 2nd - your choice. Yeah, sort of, I'd recommend base edit to view the abilities they have, since I couldn't think of how to display that in Trader's limited space interface lol.

secondadvent said:
    also, a possible, but not neccessary addition to the editor could be something showing what each nature/ability does for those who forget what they do (like me and my horrible memory... i would have to have a separate list up to know them ><). like i said, not too big, but could be helpful to those who use it. it works nicely so far though, no bugs from what i have done with it, though i haven't changed much yet (namely the abilities because of my question - don't want to crap out my game... again >_>).
    Darn, that is way outta my hands. Go search around for a nature sheet, sites like serebii.net have it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    ok, that is what i thought, but was just making sure. i have a lot that i want to add to emerald once i get going good. the shiny thing is just really bugging me >_>. i do not know if you saw it, but my one post was edited:

Spoiler:

if you solved this for me, you would be my hero for the week, as i have little knowledge of how the level scripts work, since there seems to be a lack on info lying around about them. i will be busy with non-pokemon stuff here soon (like my Final fantasy x/xii challenges i have about half-way done on, namely FFX's NSGNSNCNONENNENBB, and ffxii's NLBLLG. dont ask...), but i want to get this out of the way, so i am ready to do everything i want right off of the bat.

also, to add to the level script thing, if i had it set to where it runs after random encounters, would it also run as you load a save in that area? yes, i am full of questions, but you cannot get an answer without a question first :P. if i'm being a pain, feel free to smack me... that is what everybody else does :'(.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • Darn, I opened it in notepad, and all I see is gibberish either than chinese kanji. Hold on, I'll think of a solution for this. My pc doesn't support chinese font XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    If you want to view the file but not edit it, you can always open it up in your web browser. I was able to do this with both internet explorer and firefox.

IE - file -> open (chose file using browse), it will pop up unreadable. next go to view -> encoding -> more... and find a chinese font to view it in. should work.

firefox - file -> open (duh), will also pop up unreadable, so go to view -> character encoding (and if there is not one right there... -> more encodings -> east asian -> "some chinese font" (traditional chinese (big5) worked for me, but may be simplified, i do not know for sure as i cannot read chinese)

if they still do not show it, then you may have to download a font package. to see it in notepad, I am still working on that :P. the best i could do, after installing chinese language fonts was to see the chinese in notepad, but not the english font or numbers >_>. notepad doesn't like the font used for some reason, as it works perfectly in IE/firefox.

i do not know if it was encoded wrong or what, but i can copy the text into notepad and have it display correctly (i installed asian language packs, and it now displays correctly for me), but i cannot directly open the file. also, if i save the file that was pasted into notepad as utf-8, i can then directly open the file successfully. even trying to open the original in utf-8 showed a garbled mess. if i know whether it is traditional or simplified, i can post the files here which are able to be viewed in notepad. however, if all you wish to do is see the text, not edit it, then using IE/firefox/whatever is the best solution.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    but shiny hack maker is the name of my tool (the first shiny hack assembler tool)

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    nono, no problem :D
    I wanted just know why Shiny Hack Maker.
    Sorry for my bad english :)

Years
  • TO HackLars: Really thanks for your help!
    TO ZodiacDaGreat: I also made Chinese *.rc for XSE,maybe you could ask HackMew about this.(My English is so bad that I can't tell him clearly ...)

I just made them to *.res,which may easy to import....

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • Alright! Chinese translations are now added for Shiny Hack Maker :)

Edit: Trader Advanced as well... Credits to liuyanghejerry

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back