• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: ZodiacDaGreat's Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
  • I can't get your shiny thing to work...
    The example scripts don't work for me, the game just resets or freezes.

Can you give me an example script?
    Also, what do I need to insert @ the ASM-pointer?

The origional ASM thing (something like 0x65E43) or the repoint thing? (It says 0xEB0000 for me)
    I'm not getting the tool, and the help doesn't give me any information...

It's a GREAT tool btw, if I can get it to work...

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • Uhm, the one with the help is a really old version. Anyway, for the tool you must first patch the ROM and then insert your flag routine somewhere in your ROM, and use callasm to call the flag routine in a script(after which is givepokemon, wildbattle... etc) The patching part just makes Shiny Hack work on your ROM.

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
    Years
  • Hmmm... It still doesn't quite work...
    I Open my rom, click on the "Patch" button, then I click on "Insert flag".
    The patch is automatically set to 0xEB0000, and I can't change that.
    The flag Is automatically set to 0xEB0500, So I just use that. (I CAN change this, however).

Then I use the following script to test:

#org $start
    callasm 0xEB0500
    #raw 0x1
    givepokemon 4 5 0
    callasm 0xEB0500
    #raw 0x01
    release
    end

And the game just restarts...
    What am I doing worng? (Probably ALOT ;P)
    It's a REALLY good tool, I only need to make it work -.-,

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • lol, you're not suppose to use #raw 0x1. Try something like this:

#org 0x800000
    ... 'commands
    callasm 0xEB0501 '+1 because its a THUMB routine*
    wildbattle/givepokemon/trainerbattle
    ... ' commands
    end

Should work ;)

razor5070

Hrmmm
    Years
  • Hmmm... It still doesn't quite work...
    I Open my rom, click on the "Patch" button, then I click on "Insert flag".
    The patch is automatically set to 0xEB0...... Shortened

XSE script.
    Code:
    #Dynamic 0xEB0600
    #org @start
    lock
    callasm 0xEB0501
    givepokemon 4 5 0 0 0 0
    msgbox @recieved 6
    release
    end

#org @recieved
    = You receaved a pokèmon!\pPlease take good care of my\npokèmon

Hrmm First post :P

Last edited:

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
    Years
  • lol, you're not suppose to use #raw 0x1. Try something like this:

#org 0x800000
    ... 'commands
    callasm 0xEB0501 '+1 because its a THUMB routine*
    wildbattle/givepokemon/trainerbattle
    ... ' commands
    end

Should work ;)

Thanks! It works perfectly!

Now, I was just wondering some things:
    Can it be made so, that EVERYTHINg becomes shiny? (Now, only the pokemon you fight/get in the callASM script are shiny)

And secondly, If thats possible, could it be made so, that the shiny rate is like 1/50 or sumting, instead of 1/8xxx?

Thanks again for making such wonderfull tool :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    about editing shiny rate...

if you can edit the overall shiny rate (i don't see why not, everything else has been hacked :P), then, rather than the massive 1/8192 chance for a shiny (running it on the emu at 500% speed (my normal speed boosted rate), it would take, based on my average total time between battles in decent areas, about 16 hours to find a shiny, and not one in particular, just ANY random pokemon as a shiny), a great rate, while still keeping them decently rare, would be either 1/128 (about 15 mins at 500%), or for those who think that is too fast, 1/256 would be good as well (30 mins, or even 1 hr if you were to use 1/512).

remember though, this is just if you are playing at higher speeds, a 1/128 rate would take an hour to do normally, and is close to the same chances of finding, say, a surskit in ruby while they are not swarming, so they would still be considered rare. of course, having a tool to change it to whatever you wish would be best (for picky people, or those who just want a shiny in particular without much effort >_>), but if you cannot find a way right now, 1/128 would be wonderful :D.

I do not see why they made the rate so low anyway, i mean one could catch around 80 wild surskit out of swarms before even seeing one shiny... talk about cruel ><. so if you cannot make a tool right away, and can only release a patch to specific rates, i vote for 1/128 :P.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • @secondadvent: 1/128 should be enough. Anyway, I just thought of a really great idea, you could use a level script which abuses the command random and making it in such a way you want and set the shiny flag by calling the flag routine.

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • Yeah, sure. Of course you can. Send me the translations and I'll add them :)

Edit: I've added the remove truck animation function for Ruby and Emerald to $tart Money Editor, for those interested you could go check it on the first post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    I just thought of a really great idea, you could use a level script which abuses the command random and making it in such a way you want and set the shiny flag by calling the flag routine.
    I tried this, but it does not seem to want to work as a level script (at least for me) but will work as a script event/signpost, but only for one battle, then turns itself off, until you activate the script manually again >_>. I do not know if it is just my script, or what, but I have spent a few hours, and have not found a solution (a good deal of the time was refreshing myself on scripting >_>, and learning level scripting).

here is my script, so you can possibly see what I am doing wrong:

Spoiler:

note: the setvar is only for the level script, to stop it from running again. yes i know it will only run once this way, but loops infinitely otherwise, freezing everything. i also tried a similar setup, but only to display a message, and the message worked, only once as expected, but this part never ran. using the exact same script, sans setvar, it works for the next battle initiated, so it does work normally. also, the random is just there so that when i get it running right, i can easily set the random to 0x80 (1/128 chance then) so everything is spiffy. i know the nop is not needed either, as i had it running before without it, but i just put it in in the hopes that it would fix the level script version somehow ><.

I do not know if your idea was a theory, or if I am just doing something nooby, but I am stuck XD. if there was a way to turn on the hack, and leave it on, instead of turning back off after battle, then that would be perfect, as long as it saved with it on, else it would turn it back off.

Last edited:

Larsie13

You could always try it the following way. In a level script, instead of the callasm command, you could put this:
    • FR/LG: writebytetooffset 0x1 0x2022000
    • R/S/E: writebytetooffset 0x1 0x2042000
    And change the 0x1 to 0x0 if you don't want all Pokémon to be shiny anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    You could always try it the following way. In a level script, instead of the callasm command, you could put this:
    • FR/LG: writebytetooffset 0x1 0x2022000
    • R/S/E: writebytetooffset 0x1 0x2042000
    And change the 0x1 to 0x0 if you don't want all Pokémon to be shiny anymore.
    nope, same deal. works once if it is as a script tile, then turns itself off after a battle, and doesn't work as a level script.

is there a way to set it as something global throughout the game, or is that the way that was said to be difficult? as of right now, unless I am missing something important, that seems to be the best way to go >_>.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • Uhm, first... Your usage of the random command is totally wrong, you put "1", that way there'll be no possibilities at all. Your level script is also wrong, try code one for the 03 type of level script.

To make it global, you'll have to find and hack a global routine.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    i already said that i knew my random was not right, as i was going to set it right when i found out how to get the shiny thing to stay on as a level script. it is just there as a placeholder, and to allow me to see if it works in every battle. once it does, the random is being updated.

i got it to work as a level script now, but it still only works once per time in the room. the second battle and on leads to non-shiny pokemon, so that is what i need to solve now.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Years
  • secondadvent said:
    i already said that i knew my random was not right, as i was going to set it right when i found out how to get the shiny thing to stay on as a level script. it is just there as a placeholder, and to allow me to see if it works in every battle. once it does, the random is being updated.

i got it to work as a level script now, but it still only works once per time in the room. the second battle and on leads to non-shiny pokemon, so that is what i need to solve now.
    Indeed, since this shiny hack unlike the old one will reset itself to 0 after a battle unlike the old one.

@Others:
    I've been recoding FontEd, the other day. So, far I added:
    -Use of CommonDialogs
    -Font Import & Export
    -Support for Sapphire Version

ZodiacDaGreat's Tools

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2019
    is this the older shiny hack? (taken from thethethethe's tutorial)
    Spoiler:

if not, where would it be located?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back