• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ZUD Plugin [Essentials v19.1]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
THIS PLUGIN IS DEPRECATED AND NO LONGER SUPPORTED!

This version of the ZUD Plugin is no longer supported. A superior ZUD Plugin for Essentials v20.1 has been released, and any further work and updates will be focused there. The download link for this version has been removed, and should not be used as a reason for not updating to v20.1.

ZUD Plugin for Essentials v19.1
Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, and Dynamax mechanics fully implemented into Pokemon Essentials in a single plugin!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Overview
This plugin adds all mechanics for Z-Moves, Ultra Burst, and Dynamax to your game, as well as the ability to easily set up your own Max Raid Dens and Dynamax Adventures.

This iteration of the plugin has been overhauled for compatibility with Essentials v19.1, as well as taking advantage of many of the improvements that come with it, such as utilizing the Plugin Manager for easy installation. Unlike the previous iteration of this plugin for Essentials v18.1, this version no longer requires the Gen 8 Project to work. This can be fully installed in a vanilla copy of Essentials v19.1 with no issues. However, it's still fully compatible with the Gen 8 Project if installed. The installation process differs slightly depending on which base you are using, so follow the instructions carefully.

Everything from the previous iteration of this plugin has been retained, but built upon and improved. Previously, all the coding for Z-Moves and Dynamax were handled more or less independently from each other, but this update merges everything together to make the code tighter and more efficient. Because of how thoroughly the code has been reworked, this is not backwards compatible with Essentials v18.1. If you want the ZUD Plugin for that version of Essentials, check out this thread here. Keep in mind that that this older version will no longer be updated, and thus will not have any of the new features included here.

UPDATE!
As of v1.1 of this plugin, compatibility with EBDX is now supported!
This requires extra steps to properly set up, so please read through all the installation instructions carefully.

Plugin Features
  • Functionality for all official Z-Moves, up to USUM. This includes the corresponding Z-Crystals for each move.
  • Functionality for Necrozma's Ultra Burst mechanic.
  • Functionality for the Dynamax mechanic, with all official G-Max forms up to Isle of Armor implemented.
  • Support for Max Raid Battles, as well as setting up Max Raid Dens as events.
  • Support for Dynamax Adventures, as well as Endless Mode Adventures.
  • All graphics and audio required for all of the above mechanics.

Installation
The plugin contains a text document named "INSTALLATION GUIDE". Refer to this document for all installation requirements. However, here is a run down of the main steps of installation regardless:
Spoiler:

F.A.Q (READ THESE BEFORE POSTING!)
Spoiler:

Known Issues
Spoiler:

Changelog (Current version: 1.1.4)
Spoiler:

Tutorials
How to Use: Z-MOVES
Spoiler:

How to Use: ULTRA BURST
Spoiler:

How to Use: DYNAMAX
Spoiler:

How to Use: MAX RAIDS
Spoiler:

How to Use: MAX RAID DATABASE
Spoiler:

How to Use: DYNAMAX ADVENTURES
Spoiler:

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Can you make it compatible with v17.2 pls?

Just kidding. Awesome work man!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi, ran into an issue not covered by the FAQ, when I tried loading the Plugin I didn't have the "v19.1 Hotfixes" just thought I should bring this up early before you're bombarded with thousands of comments.
Here's a link to the page, to save some time if it at all helps: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=453818

(I already had the Gen 8 Project installed)

As well as an issue my game failed to load because: "No such file or directory - Data/ZUD_PowerMoves.dat"

I saw a file named "05_Data_Power Moves.rb" but I doubt that's it and after scowering the zip files and my own files and base essentials, and almost doing it all against I can't find a single thing called "ZUD_PowerMoves.dat" I don't know if you have any recommendations on what to do.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Hi, ran into an issue not covered by the FAQ, when I tried loading the Plugin I didn't have the "v19.1 Hotfixes" just thought I should bring this up early before you're bombarded with thousands of comments.
Here's a link to the page, to save some time if it at all helps: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=453818

(I already had the Gen 8 Project installed)

As well as an issue my game failed to load because: "No such file or directory - Data/ZUD_PowerMoves.dat"

I saw a file named "05_Data_Power Moves.rb" but I doubt that's it and after scowering the zip files and my own files and base essentials, and almost doing it all against I can't find a single thing called "ZUD_PowerMoves.dat" I don't know if you have any recommendations on what to do.

Hold CTRL to compile your game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Also, I made the v19.1 Hotfixes mandatory, because you should be using them if you're using v19.1. Although it did just occur to me now that the Gen 8 Project already packages those hotfixes into the actual scripts themselves, so installing the hotfixes is redundant. So if you're using the Gen 8 Project, you can just delete the line in the meta.txt file in the ZUD Plugin Scripts folder that lists v19.1 Hotfixes as a requirement.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks, apologies I'm still lowkey new to coding stuff so thank you that helps a ton.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Thanks, apologies I'm still lowkey new to coding stuff so thank you that helps a ton.

Yeah, it's cool. Re-compiling is probably the first thing you should try in terms of troubleshooting when you get errors like that, particularly when it's about data files. Anyways, I edited the instructions to make note of this now.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.0.4]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: Errno::EACCES

Backtrace:
371:Compiler_WritePBS:263:in `initialize'
371:Compiler_WritePBS:263:in `open'
371:Compiler_WritePBS:263:in `write_pokemon'
[ZUD: Z-Moves/Ultra Burst/Dynamax] 01_Compilers.rb:30:in `compile_ZUD_Habitats'
369:Compiler:712:in `compile_all'
[v19.1 Hotfixes] Debug bug fixes.rb:68:in `compile_all'
369:Compiler:851:in `main'
375:Main:31:in `mainFunctionDebug'
375:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
015:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'

I'm guessing this is something on my end but I have no clue how to fix this.

P.S. I am so sorry that I'm bombarding you immediately with all of this but I have no experience with computers so take as long as you need.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.0.4]
[v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: Errno::EACCES

Backtrace:
371:Compiler_WritePBS:263:in `initialize'
371:Compiler_WritePBS:263:in `open'
371:Compiler_WritePBS:263:in `write_pokemon'
[ZUD: Z-Moves/Ultra Burst/Dynamax] 01_Compilers.rb:30:in `compile_ZUD_Habitats'
369:Compiler:712:in `compile_all'
[v19.1 Hotfixes] Debug bug fixes.rb:68:in `compile_all'
369:Compiler:851:in `main'
375:Main:31:in `mainFunctionDebug'
375:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
015:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'

I'm guessing this is something on my end but I have no clue how to fix this.

P.S. I am so sorry that I'm bombarding you immediately with all of this but I have no experience with computers so take as long as you need.

Weird, ive never seen this kind of error before. Sounds like your computer isnt allowing the plugin permission to open your files? Idk what that's about.

Regardless, the only part of the installation that requires this is the ZUD_Habitats PBS file, which isnt essential. So maybe you can just delete that and run it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Weird, ive never seen this kind of error before. Sounds like your computer isnt allowing the plugin permission to open your files? Idk what that's about.

Regardless, the only part of the installation that requires this is the ZUD_Habitats PBS file, which isnt essential. So maybe you can just delete that and run it.

Thank you, apologies again for all the hassal it looks like it worked, I'm able to get into my game and work on it so I see this as an absolute win. Thanks again for all the great work you and the other Plugin/Script makers do.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Could you please tell me where is the handle about choice band when dynamax?
I want to read that and fix the choice band bug in ZUD v18.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Could you please tell me where is the handle about choice band when dynamax?
I want to read that and fix the choice band bug in ZUD v18.

Hmm to be honest I actually didn't really do anything directly to fix this, it was just a side effect of how I restructured the code for other reasons that also happened to fix this. So it's hard to say what specific thing to look at. I would say it's mainly related to how I restructured def pbCanChooseMove? and def pbEndTurn, which are found in the 5th script in the 4th folder within ZUD Plugin Scripts.

I basically "fix" this issue by not touching it at all. In v18, the code would actually set the ChoiceBand effect to -1 while Dynamaxed, to unlock the Pokemon's moves and allow it to select other moves. Here, I just don't touch the ChoiceBand effect at all and just leave the Pokemon's moveset locked. The lock check is simply skipped while the user is selecting a Z-Move/Max Move and the move selection returns "true" before it even checks for Choice Band. So you can freely select moves while still technically having your moveset "locked" by a ChoiceBand effect (or Gorilla Tactics), but once you select a "normal" move again, the lock is back in place since it never technically left.

I don't honestly know if this restructuring would be compatible with v18 or not, since v19+ initializes a lot of effects differently (using nil instead of -1 in a lot of cases, for example). So it might take some rewiring. I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
You're doing a really great job. Are you planning to update the birthsigns scripts for PEv19.1? If yes, thx.

I would love to get around to it. It would need to be completely remade from the ground up though, so its a matter of finding the time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
This plugin has been updated to v1.0.1

Minor Bug fixes:
  • Fixed an error that would attempt to bring up the Treasure Chest rewards screen instead of the Endless Mode record screen at the end of an Endless Dynamax Adventure, causing a crash.
  • Made it so that the Endless Mode record screen can be viewed from the options menu from within the Max Lair, if you're playing in Endless Mode (as it was originally intended).
  • Re-uploaded one of the scripts that was accidentally uploaded in an outdated version.
  • Moved a couple of lines around that (maybe?) helps with performance on the Max Lair map screen.

To apply this update, all that is necessary is to re-install the contents of the Plugins folder.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 17, 2022
[lease help me I want try to build this plugin but this show this and error (Errno::ENOENT' at 102:GameData:62 - No such file or directory - Data/ZUD_PowerMoves.dat)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Back