• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zygarde formes and Ash-Greninja?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    i feel like perfect zygarde will definitely be in a game. maybe we have to get two 50% zygardes and use some key item like the dna splicers to fuse them into the complete form.

im not sure about ash-greninja, but pokemon powering up through friendship may be in sun & moon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have a feeling that we'll see both in S/M. Perhaps the remaining starters (those lacking Megas) will get Ash-Greninja like formes, especially if the rumor us using any starter is true. Or maybe they could give Johto starters Megas so it'll be 1/2 and 1/2.

Years
  • ORandAS seems to have a good point, because I had heard rumours about older starters being obtainable in Sun & Moon, but I still think we'll start the game with the 7th Gen starter and then get the older ones later.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    Zygarde forms would be amazing to have ingame, but it would be weird to see how it works out. Ash Greninja seems to much like mega-evolution, and to make an alternative just like it just seems weird.

User Anon 1848

Serebii is listing Ash-Greninja in the 7th Generation New Pokemon Forms section. I'm completely fine with the anime doing its own thing and taking liberties with certain Pokemon but I really don't want to see it in the games at all. Maybe in Pokken or Smash Bros but definitely not the main series of games. It's not that I have a strong resentment of Ash. I do think he's a bad character and the design is pretty bad imo but more importantly I just hate the idea of trainers merging with their Pokemon, especially if it has such a drastic effect on their appearance.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I still think this is a new gen and sequel to XY.

Our starters will still be Kalos but have human like form changes.9 50/50 on this, but still positive it's happening. especially since the anime calls it a mega. Ash greninja could just be their form name like how mewtwo's mega was codenamed awakened mewtwo.)

And I am positive we will have episode Z. A Post game that take us back to Kalos in which we go through the entire region stopping an impending disaster. Re challenge the Kalos leaders, are with megas and stronger mons. New pokemon, and areas, etc.

That's very much what I believe about these games being both sequels and a new generation.

Don't know how I feel about the human like formes/changes/megas though. They'd have to end up being very generic looking changes to their appearance, considering the customizable nature of your appearance in the games. Episode Z sounds like a great idea though, and I can easily see it happening. I hope to see that with a return to Kalos for post-game.

Years
  • I'm guessing they'll show Ash-Greninja the same time they show whatever the new forme change mechanic deal is with the wrist gems.
    I think that be in July or August. September at the latest. I just don't see them keeping the Synchro thing a secret beyond the summer.

Ash-Greninja has been in every spin off with Complete Zygarde thus far, so the way it's being treated hints at it being more than an anime exclusive.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • 10% forme and Complete Zygarde have been confirmed for Sun and Moon.

No words on Ash-Greninja or similar abilities yet, but maybe thats what the new bracelets are for?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm still betting that we'll have to go on an island-hopping adventure in the post-game to gather Red Core and Blue Core to obtain Complete Forme.

Years
  • I'm still betting that we'll have to go on an island-hopping adventure in the post-game to gather Red Core and Blue Core to obtain Complete Forme.

Probably. Perhaps they'll change the way it works from the anime. I mean, perhaps we don't need all the cells for it to turn into 100 percent as 10 percent and 50 percent will have the ability to turn 100 percent. Once we do get all the cells then we could get Complete Zygarde with the ability of Aura Break.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I think personally that Ash-Greninja will be exclusive to the anime, but that's just me. As for the Zygardes I'm not too sure if we'll see the Cores because in the trailer we saw when Zygarde 10%'s ability activated, it went straight to 100%. I can see some sort of form change thing with an item for Zygarde 10% to become 50% though, maaybe. Not too sure on my thoughts on Zygarde or even Ash-Greninja right now, hahah.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • According to the new video released today, it looks like we'll be able to obtain all Formes of Zygarde in-game, including the Cores and Cells. That should put concerns to rest about the Formes being event-only. Being able to see and obtain the Cores and Cells makes me wonder how they're going to do that, most likely give up a slot on our team similarly to how we carry an Egg.

With Zygarde being in-game, it'll be interesting to see story-wise how and why a Kalos Pokemon ended up in Alola.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm really hoping there's an extensive quest that makes us look all across the region, in every nook and cranny, to find the four cores and all the cells to create our Zygarde--that kind of emphasis on exploration is what I wanted from a hypothetical "Pokémon Z," taking full advantage of how cool and unique Zygarde's form-changing method is. It would be even better, in my opinion, if it was at the center of a plot-driven post-game narrative. It would be neat if some Kalosian NPCs made some important cameos during that time, too. But if there's a way to intertwine Zygarde into the main plot, I wouldn't be opposed to that, either, although I do feel at this point it's probably best left for the post-game.

I feel we'll need to gather the cells and cores together, perhaps using a Key Item to store them, and bring them all to that Yggdrasil-like tree to have them come together and try to capture our Zygarde. If the cores each take up a space on our party, that could add to the challenge, which could turn out interesting if they mean for this to be a complex endeavor. I wouldn't mind if it was a challenging quest, because Zygarde Complete seems absurdly powerful! It would be very fitting for the quest to obtain him to be difficult.

Years
  • I'm really hoping there's an extensive quest that makes us look all across the region, in every nook and cranny, to find the four cores and all the cells to create our Zygarde--that kind of emphasis on exploration is what I wanted from a hypothetical "Pokémon Z," taking full advantage of how cool and unique Zygarde's form-changing method is. It would be even better, in my opinion, if it was at the center of a plot-driven post-game narrative. It would be neat if some Kalosian NPCs made some important cameos during that time, too. But if there's a way to intertwine Zygarde into the main plot, I wouldn't be opposed to that, either, although I do feel at this point it's probably best left for the post-game.

I feel we'll need to gather the cells and cores together, perhaps using a Key Item to store them, and bring them all to that Yggdrasil-like tree to have them come together and try to capture our Zygarde. If the cores each take up a space on our party, that could add to the challenge, which could turn out interesting if they mean for this to be a complex endeavor. I wouldn't mind if it was a challenging quest, because Zygarde Complete seems absurdly powerful! It would be very fitting for the quest to obtain him to be difficult.

There are four cores? I know that the description of Complete Zygarde mentions it's wings and tail each having their own core, so that's three.

Maybe they'll make it so that one need to transfer the Zygarde from Kalos to get Complete Zygarde.

Years
  • If they do that, I hope it's a trip to Terminus Cave via a portal or an airport. I reeeeaaaalllly don't want to have to trade it over from XY because I got rid of my X version last month. :3

Maybe the event Zygarde could work? It would help make some sense story wise. Like half of the cells were in Kalos and had gathered in Terminus cave, while in Alola they're spread out across the region's four islands.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Maybe the event Zygarde could work? It would help make some sense story wise. Like half of the cells were in Kalos and had gathered in Terminus cave, while in Alola they're spread out across the region's four islands.

I'd rather not do that either; if there's a post-game quest, I think any obtainable Pokemon involved shouldn't have to require any kind of event to advance the game itself. Not just the main plot, but the post-game plot too. It's not so much a connection availability issue with me, but it's being forced to use a function that I don't feel like using. I don't even use Pokemon Bank.

Years
  • I'd rather not do that either; if there's a post-game quest, I think any obtainable Pokemon involved shouldn't have to require any kind of event to advance the game itself. Not just the main plot, but the post-game plot too. It's not so much a connection availability issue with me, but it's being forced to use a function that I don't feel like using. I don't even use Pokemon Bank.
    Perhaps the post-game ends upon getting 50%... the other could also be traded from Moon or Sun depending on the version. Sort of like getting Rayquaza in HgSs required showing Oak Groudon and Kyogre.

Back