• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Diamond partial "premake"/ Graphics to hack over

When should I release a beta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
  • This should be interesting. I'm definitely checking out ROM Hackers Weekly (which, I've noticed, isn't quite weekly...) to see if I can find your interview, GC! Good luck with the graphics!

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks, I think it should be renamed monthly. Well I hope he gets it. In case anyone cares, I have inserted the houses, but they're not lined up properly, nor in the right palette. So thats tonights job. Stay tuned viewers!

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Green Charizard said:
    Thanks, (yeah 4 rom hackers weekly by psyduck101 so watch out 4 that).

If it ever gets released :D

Well done for that.

I like the trees, but they could be better with a little shading. Heres a tree directly ripped from a screen shot with colours reduced down to 16:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks, I may try it, but it wold mean sacrificing other palettes, wouldn't it? Iy's currently just the colours of the normal trees under a palette change. Thats the main problem, not enough palettes. That why most things are reduced, such as the trees. I'm gonna try to reduce mine to 2 tiles anyways, so I'll have a go later at finding a palette I won't use.
    EDIT: For the sake of it, I made some fake box art, see my first post.

Last edited:

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Well iv not looked into the GBA system fully, but I beleive that the GBA uses 256 colours made up of 16, 16 colour pallets, so useing that tree souldnt be a problem.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Yeah, but it's shared with the rest of the tileset, so when I edit it I've got to figure out what I can and can't loose. But yes, you are correct in theory, it is possible, so thanks.
    EDIT: New pic
    pearlnm1.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Wow, that's a good sprite - much better than your Diamond one, and it's better than my one too.

What sprite/s did you make it from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Thanks, but I can't take the credit, it's a rip from a screen. I've then done stretch/skew and reduced it to ruby's size. It is from ... this screen...
    battlevj8.png
    ---->into----->
    pearlnm1.png

If anyone wants this they can have it:
    pearlpw0.png
    insert it, make sprites out of it, whatever.

I'm doing Diamonds back now, houses STILL arn't done. I hope to get them sorted soon. I might make a diamond sprite out of this too.

Has anyone any suggestions on what the title should look like?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Why not make a traditional one.

Y'know, have Pokemon: Diamond Version up the top, then the Diamond legendary in the background.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Good point, like ruby's with its shadow and it glows but in a blue sort of theme. Anyway new pic:

back2il3.png

Hope everyone is happy with it. If not say so...

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • [ray.z] said:
    Well it seems to me that the guy is too tall.
    He can't be, it's a rip. Not my dodgy spriting again. So for yhe mo. I think he's staying.
    tyranitar 3000 said:
    hi this is lookin good Check this out for some info about dp http://www.freewebs.com/cyberaquapokemon/
    Thanks but some info on the site is wrong, it claims the starters to be Dorapion etc.
    Blaziken Trainer said:
    I'm so ready for a Beta. Even a small part will make me happy. When will the beta be released?
    Thanks. If it was up to me, you'd have it all ready. But the poll says differently. So unless that changes it'll be when I mange to correctly insert houses. I also want to edit the trees again before release.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Look, I know it's a rip from the screenies, but it is actually too tall for the GBA games I believe.

View attachment 34200

See how (in my little crappy attempt at transperancy in MS Paint) the DP sprite you got is heaps taller than Red. It doesn't look natural.

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Mr. Tyzik. I'm crushing your head! said:
    I like this game! Can I PM you some recoloured Pokemon from DP?

Thanks, if you'd like.

[ray.z said:
    ]Look, I know it's a rip from the screenies, but it is actually too tall for the GBA games I believe.

Attachment 34200

See how DP sprite you got is heaps taller than Red. It doesn't look natural.

I understand now, It's because the DS screen is larger. Thats the main problem and thats why I struggle to insert things. I have had another thought I may be able to get the trees down to the correct size if I can work out what % smaller the GBA screen is than the DS. This would help to get everything in proportion using the stretch / skew tool in MS paint. So yeah your right I may edit it.

Expect screens soon as I'm planning on doing the bag. Im making a site so I may give the hack a page of it's own.

Lyoid

Delta Atacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2006
    i dont have eneugh post so copy this url
    .ndsemulator.com/nds-emulator.htm
    and make before www xDD
    scroll a bit down and then you can see how the size differenc is ^^

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
  • Lyoid said:
    i dont have eneugh post so copy this url
    .ndsemulator.com/nds-emulator.htm
    and make before www xDD
    scroll a bit down and then you can see how the size differenc is ^^
    Thanks that really helped, I should be able to work out he percentages from that. I was just about to start scratchig my DS's screen up with a ruler. So thanks, its in paint and saved
    alexmad said:
    one sees that sta well hack but it needs to some things type 3d

Ok I don't understand fully probably due to your English skills [I presume your Spanish as your from WAH judging by your signature - I saw mitic island on it - it looks good by the way] Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think you meant:
    I see that the hack has started well, but it needs some things in 3D
    Thanks, yeah I know it needs things in 3D, it won't truly be 3D - but it's as close as we can get. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back