• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Jade Conference

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
  • I like the map but it could use some extra tiles around the plain part of the Pokemon Centre. And the top part of the cliff doesn't look correct.

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • Phoenix: I don't understand what you mean by that. I'll try and fix it up.

Hopefully, we'll be revealing the basic forms of the starter Pok?mon within the next month. I think you all will like the originality of them!

Also, does anyone know how to make footprints in the snow? I don't seem to have the battle effect for it. I'd like to know the coding for it as well.

Thanks for the comments

AbareMax

AbareMax

Years
  • FreedomLeagueGuard: One of the spriters on our team made the sprite...please check your information... ;)

Phoenix: O! How could I be so crazy? Ad ogni modo..I realize what I did wrong. I'll fix it soon, don't you worry!

Ok, now the fun part begins. I'm going to need some gym leaders in my game. JUST gym leaders. NO Elite4 members. I have those already. Simply post in the format below, and I want you to understand these guidlines. All I need is:
    name of leader, a trainer sprite, charset of the gym leader, team (NO LEGENDARIES), and opening phrase. Please keep in mind that all of the gym leaders can't be of one gender... ;)
    Now these are the gym leaders I need. This will be on a, how you say, 'first come, first serve basis'. Per favore...use common sense, i.e. don't have super strong Pok?mon for early gym leaders. I will post these in a numbered order due to where they are in the game. The order is as follows:

1. MiddleBrook Town-- cutesy, cuddly Pok?mon. mainly normal
    2. Bass Town--dark, yet cute
    3. Tanbush City--desert, flying types (only put a maximum of 3 Pok?mon on this team...you'll see why :D)
    4. Blu Port--sea dwelling Pok?mon
    5. RoseBridge Town--tough, fighting, or steel type
    6. Allergando City--soothing, elegant types. mainly psychics
    7. Sbarrano Jungle--treetop living Pok?mon. for example: mankey, swellow.

I need only 7 gym leaders. One of them has been created already, because he is a major character of the game. So GRASS type has been taken already. Don't ask! lol

AbareMax

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Ill go for : "2. Bass Town "

Trainer sprite:
    malehero6gk.png

(Taken from Pokemon Silk)

Overworld charatcer set (in rpgmaker 2k3 form)
    my.php

(taken from Pokemon Silk)

Pokemon Team :
    Umbreon
    Mightyena
    Cacturne
    Houndour
    (does it have to be 6?)
    (if so)
    Murkrow
    Sableye

Opening line (well, its your game, so you can make it whatever you want : :) : )

AbareMax

Years
  • Ok Neo-Dragon. You can be a Gym Leader. But since Bass Town is early in the game...you're going to need pretty basic Pok?mon. I'd like for this to follow the same suite as the games. For example, having a few repeat Pok?mon.

To everyone: Also post levels and stay within 3 levels of the other Pok?mon on the team. 4 to 6 Pok?mon would be sufficient, but let's keep the numbers low to start of at the begining of the game, eh?

Thanks again for the replies...I will be revealing another Pok?mon later in the day (it's early in the morning here in Naples ;)), so cya

AbareMax

AbareMax

Years
  • Cries!

Again, excuse this double post but I have a pretty neat update for you all! I've ripped and combined the cries of other Pok?mon to create the cries of what I think Munchlax and Rukario will have. Keep in mind these are my interpretations. They probably won't be like this when Diamond/Pearl are released. Constructive Critism is greatly appreciated!

By the way, if you would like to use them just PM me. Of course you must give me credit ;)

AbareMax

MunchlaxbyMetaMew.png

rukario3_DeadPichu.png

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2006
    Felinee definately seems to be based off the old Eneko April Fools joke a few years back.

BTW, I am wondering how you will put in natures, or will Pokemon of the same species be identical in stats?

AbareMax

Years
  • Yeah, Felinee was based off of Eneko. But we decided to make it a Pok?mon, because it was a good idea...;)

I'll gladly take comments on the cries...Please tell me what I can do to improve them, seeing as how that I don't feel I did a good job on them.

I've revealed anothe new Pok?mon (check sig). This is Reynile. It thrives in deserts and attacks unwarry prey from the sand.

Once I get more comments I'll reveal the last Pok?mon in my sig...

Thanks again for the support

AbareMax

AbareMax

Years
  • @ Phoenix: Reynile was made by one of our spriters, Chibi_Pika. Maybe you've heard of her? She's a very talented spriter. Anyone else who has the sprite either took it without permission, or asked her a long, long time ago.

Anyways, since the last update wasn't very supportive...I'm updating this time with some new screenshots

Jade028.png

Soprano Town. It's situated in the high, snowy mountains of Eaki. Stantlers and Delibirds are the prominant Pok?mon. (Credits to whoever made the chipset...I can't remember...)

Jade029.png

Fortuna Cave, is kind of like a Safari Zone setting, but somewhat different. Pok?mon from the nearby city come to Fortuna Cave randomly. You don't have to pay money, but you do need to catch certain Pok?mon in a certain time period. These are sort of like mini-quests.

Jade030.png

Fortuna Cave also...

Well I think this is enough for today. I don't want to overwhelm you all with Screenshots. Keep the comments and support flowing. It's what keeps this project alive!

AbareMax

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • nice screens. The chipset was done by me- and later edited by Matt. ( i messed up on the tile positioning if I remember right) .

The color looks a bit messed up on the tile set for the cave though.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • AbareMax said:
    @ Phoenix: Reynile was made by one of our spriters, Chibi_Pika. Maybe you've heard of her? She's a very talented spriter. Anyone else who has the sprite either took it without permission, or asked her a long, long time ago.
    Well, I've seen the Pokemon in quite a few hacks. Some of them are on this site too. You should ask her if she gave permission to others to use it too.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Hey are you still taking gym leader request? If so can you put me in for Allergando City?

sprite.png

Starmie
    Alakazam
    Espeon
    Gardevior
    Medicham
    Solrock

The pre-evo of meowth looks amazing ;)

Jacksonater

What Ho? A Foe?!
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2005
    brilliant thats all i can say, I hope u bring out a demo soon and i'm sure a lot more people will agree with this newbie. On more thing, ur new pokemon look excellent and so believable, especially impressed with ur munchlax and rukario!

Back