• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I have Utena scheduled for April. I know all about it since it's a deconstruction of the mahou shoujo. And the staff of this did Penguindrum (which confused me) and Yuri Kuma (which I'm upset about), so I have it planned after I finish Ah! My Goddess.

(I schedule anime. I don't like watching things without having to rotate stuff in.)
I watched Penguindrum because of the staff from Utena and am watching Yuri Kuma Arashi for the same reason.
...I take it you're upset about the cliffhanger ending of episode 8 in Yuri Kuma? Everything will be okay... I think...r-right? It was left ambiguous..
This week's 8.5 episode was a special with the voice actresses from the show and an interview with director Kunihiko Ikuhara. Too bad there's no translation I can find.

There are only 12 episodes in this show and we're at number 9 now. The plot's approaching climax and things will start to get real.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yup. I'm still upset about being left on a cliffhanger, lmao. I was upset for being left on such a huge cliffhanger and cried for a good ten minutes on my Tumblr about it. xD Speaking of cliffhangers...I doubt anyone watched Juuou Mujin no Fafnir, but I'm upset about it right now because of the cliffhanger that one left me on today, too.

I hate cliffhangers...this is one thing that I don't like about weekly airing anime, aha...can't just watch the next episode after the other if you watch it the day it comes out. ;(

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Speaking of cliffhangers...I doubt anyone watched Juuou Mujin no Fafnir, but I'm upset about it right now because of the cliffhanger that one left me on today, too.

Haha, I haven't watched the latest episode of Fafnir yet. You'd be surprised, there's someone else who watches Fafnir in our bunch. *stares at Satoshi*

Also, Is Yuri Kuma Arashi really that good? I guess I skipped another hidden gem of the season.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
A friend of mine is really into fafnir. No, scratch that, two friends of mine are. They've been telling me that it is a pretty good watch. Although I've also been told that the CG can get pretty jarring. No matter though, since after seeing Fate/Stay Night's dragon sex scene I don't think any crappy CG work can faze me at all haha. :p

Yuri Kuma Arashi, like previous works from the Penguindrum creator, seems to be one of those anime that has completely over-the-top elements (penguins in penguindrum and yuri + bears in this) but a decent amount of deepness attributed to heavy utilization of symbolism. At least that's what I gather from the multitude of opinions I've read over the shows on the interwebz. :v

Candy

Years
No matter though, since after seeing Fate/Stay Night's dragon sex scene I don't think any crappy CG work can faze me at all haha. :p

I haven't watched through FSN, and this got me curious. Looking forward to see that scene not.

derozio

Years
Oh, you'll enjoy it. If it doesn't melt your eyes, change my name.

this is fucking fantastic, on a totally different note XD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Fafnir is everything I need in my life because it has cute girls being badass. The CGI is okay. Nothing too awful, and it reminded me of one of my favorites Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance so I really enjoy this one. But for everyone's Kirito health and safety please, please, please skip over Seiken Tsukai no World Break. The main character is Kirito 3.0... =\ By the same studio as Fafnir, and Seiken has proven to be one of my least favorite harem anime ever.

Oh, and F/SN? I'm waiting on that one to be over for both seasons so I can jump and watch the entire thing in five episode intervals.

Years
Ohh speaking of the Fate series I'm deathly excited for the next cour of Fate/zero. It's so good. I love it. So much.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I really need to watch Fate/Zero, because it really looks like a good series. *^* I've just never watched it for some reason.

Years
its every bit as amazing as it looks (just don't touch anything made by Studio Deen, they're awful. Ufotable is where it's at). <3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
its every bit as amazing as it looks (just don't touch anything made by Studio Deen, they're awful. Ufotable is where it's at). <3

Studio Deen is not awful. They've made some titles I really enjoyed. Law of Ueki, Sankarea, Loki Ragnarok, Sakura Trick, Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka, Full Moon wo Sagashite, etc. They're not awful.

I have Fate/Zero planned for August or September, iirc. I don't have it planned for awhile, but I watched Fate/Kaleid, and Zero is done by Urobutcher, so.

pkmin3033

Zero was done by Urobutcher? That explains why I loathed it. Everything that man touches is tainted beyond redemption, he's the anime equivalent of Motomu Toriyama. I would suggest cutting off his hands to prevent him from creating any more over-hyped monstrosities, but if anime has shown me anything that would probably only make the situation worse.

Well, everything he's done I've loathed except Psycho-Pass. I really enjoyed that; it reminded me of Ghost in the Shell, only with guns that make people explode, which could only be a good thing in context. It was well-written, had a great cast, and was disturbing as hell. Shame the second series was so awful, though...leaves me feeling a bit apprehensive about the movie.

Last edited:

Candy

Years
I actually watched Fate/Zero first before picking up FSN though, haha. Half of myself kinda regret that, but the other half doesn't since I tend to watch things in a chronological order. But man, that Fate/Zero is heavy on the FSN spoilers.

Obviously I'll continue to watch to see that dragon sex scene.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?!
I don't see any particular reason why I should be watching that series =D

Well...

Fafnir is godly. So far it's in my TOP 3.

This post over here?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Studio Deen is not awful. They've made some titles I really enjoyed. Law of Ueki, Sankarea, Loki Ragnarok, Sakura Trick, Kore wa Zombie Desu Ka, Full Moon wo Sagamuke, etc. They're not awful.
They did.
But they are still awful.

This post over here?
You were supposed to say HanaKana here, though...
I'm disappointed =D

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ah, HanaKana like the seiyuu...

I first misread that as HanaKimi as in the shoujo series, and I was super stunned for a few moments. XD;

derozio

Years
HanaKana a shit. Best grill is Kugimiya Rie. She voices Kagura from Gintama. 'nuff said. come at me, Sa-to-shi-kuuuuuunnn~

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I wish I knew anything about the companies involved in anime. I'm so plain, I don't really care who makes what, I just judge by "was the show good or shit."

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well, knowing the good companies can give you a sort of 'will this show be potentially good?' feel I guess.
You know like Madhouse, Deen, Gainax, Kyoani. You know. All the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back