• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit Chat - Summer thread coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
And I appreciate it! I never understood the point in it haha. Maybe you can explain why people do do it?

I have no idea. I think it is something to do with kisses?​

Now that I think about it, they're not very superhuman... you just have to be relatively young and experienced with the tasks to do them at my level.

The British people in my Facebook feed don't do that.

Ahhh, that is fair enough! :3
/brofist​

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I've heard "can do" a lot before. I think "Sure Thing" is more Eastern (Ontario -> Maritimes) and "Can Do" is Western (Manitoba -> BC). But I know I've heard--and I use--both of them.

You'd think the more-British one would be on the side of Canada closer to England, though. :P (Unless I'm just way off and mixing things up. God knows I can never remember whether I learnt things in Nova Scotia or visiting family in Saskatchewan. x_X)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've just seen whole facebook comment conversations.

"You look great when are you coming to visit x"
"I'll be over there next weekend let's hang out x"
"Sure, you need to see my kid x"

like are they making out as they talk?!?!

Years
That is what I am guessing, or people who are just strange in general.

In other news, BEHOLD.

This guy is amazing. Goes completely God mode.​

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Maybe toujours just knows unusual British people!

I can safely say I have never done that or ever seen my mates do it.

x​
Seriously? A few of my friends do it, but I assumed it was genuinely a worldwide phenomenomenon. As Yoshikkko mentioned above, it's just a signifier instead of saying 'bye' to mean 'kisses'. It's not a romantic thing, for the most part, and is pretty much congruent with the 'xoxo' thing as so popularised by Gossip Girl et al.

droomph

weeb
Years
I've heard "can do" a lot before. I think "Sure Thing" is more Eastern (Ontario -> Maritimes) and "Can Do" is Western (Manitoba -> BC). But I know I've heard--and I use--both of them.

You'd think the more-British one would be on the side of Canada closer to England, though. :P (Unless I'm just way off and mixing things up. God knows I can never remember whether I learnt things in Nova Scotia or visiting family in Saskatchewan. x_X)
And here in America we go "**** YEAHHHHHHH".

I think we should just change the name of the DCC into "PC's British Commonwealth Gathering."

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've never seen it outside of British people, although to be fair I don't know anything about where they're from or anything about them except they're from England, so it could be a regional/certain personality type thing haha.

Years
For me, these types of bands songs are really hit and miss; I will like one but hate another. Not a bad thing really, I don't listen to that much Asian music in this sense, I have touched on some bands like this, but never bust into the scene.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back