• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch Out For Ghosts... (Read first post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024

It's the contrary for me. I appreciate watching stuff that are longer--but not long enough that it drags out the content of the actual thing (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN!!!) haha

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

Me and my brother watched the Arceus movie a few days ago and the entire time I kept yelling "DAWN USE MAMMOSWINE TO BREAK OUT DAMMIT"
"DAWN IT'S A FIRE TYPE YOU CAN USE MAMMOSWINE"
"OH NOW ITS A STEEL TYPE WITH HIM, MORE OF A REASON TO MAMMOSWINE HIS FACE"
"YOU COULD LITERALLY BEAT ALL OF THEM WITH MAMMOSWINE"

Poor Mamo doesn't get enough love :(

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years

I get what you're saying Foxrally. XD My younger brothers were watching Pokemon so I came in and sat with them and immediately started yelling because Ash had Butterfree(the Unova one) that he could use a supereffective move or something but used the wrong one. I honestly forgot what it was but I was ticked off, that's bad trainer-ing.

Years

Me and my brother watched the Arceus movie a few days ago and the entire time I kept yelling "DAWN USE MAMMOSWINE TO BREAK OUT DAMMIT"
"DAWN IT'S A FIRE TYPE YOU CAN USE MAMMOSWINE"
"OH NOW ITS A STEEL TYPE WITH HIM, MORE OF A REASON TO MAMMOSWINE HIS FACE"
"YOU COULD LITERALLY BEAT ALL OF THEM WITH MAMMOSWINE"

Poor Mamo doesn't get enough love :(

Lol, Im actually hoping that at some point I'll watch Pokemon with someone with whom I'll be able to yell at the screen telling them how stupid/good their decisions in battles are!

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

According to my brother, you know Ash has gone full retard when he yells "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"

But in defense of the anime, some moves that are ineffective in the game do make more sense in a real-time action situation. For example, silver wind would technically turn off a Charmander's tail flame or blast away a Pidgey, but ingame is ineffective.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Oh yay some new faces, hi guys :D

Oh god I know the feeling, I used to get so frustrated when they made such stupid decisions in the anime hahaha. Especially in the Nimbassa gym battle - "ASH YOU'VE BEEN THROUGH 5 WHOLE REGIONS BY NOW HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU BE THIS DUMB!?" I love the kid but sometimes he can be so dense. XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Okay first of all the Nimbasa gym battle was the worst thing on the planet I seriously think Ash hit his head really hard or something during the train fiasco in the episodes before because oh my god Ash.

But in general? He's not a bad trainer. He makes mistakes, sure, but look even I make mistakes in things that I'm really good at by now. Really dumb ones. And as for the Unova!Butterfree it could be possible that it just didn't know the super-effective move. It did just evolve, and the anime works very differently than the games.

hi i'm tara and i'm here to defend my child. except from the nimbasa gym battle because haha ash you performed terribly i can't even.

Years

I said this couple of times in the last few days, and I'll repeat it again. I will never forgive him not capturing a WILD Swampert he KO-ed. But he's a nice guy and I'll give you that.

Also guys, I want a friend like Brock. He cooks, he has everything needed for the adventure, and he has a frying pan as an umbrella. I seriously need a friend like him.
I'd give almost everything to be able to just teleport into their world and spend my life traveling around the world and sleeping in Pokemon Centers and riding Lugia and whatnot.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

I don't think I've seen move of the Unova series ): maybe I should catch up. I've watched like random bits from every season aha. I was watching a newer episode the other day and recall Ash checking a pokemon he used to own on the pokedex, ouch.

can't remember what it is, did I imagine this?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

If it was in Best Wishes he was the only one with a Pokedex. So regardless of whether he's met/had/seen the Pokemon or not he might have used it for Cilan's the Iris' sake. After all, for the longest time it was only Unova Pokemon that they had seen until much later into the series because of BW2.

What's funny is that people were griping about Ash using the Pokedex on Koffing when he fought Roxie but before that episode he never actually used the Pokedex on Koffing prior. Even though he fought one frequently for a while until James' evolved into Weezing (which Ash has also never used a Pokedex on). So it's kinda like 'Oh I know this Pokemon but let's see what the Pokedex says about it' which, considering that the Pokedex's info updates constantly isn't as bad a thing as people make it out to be imo?

Also Ash has his own way of thinking when it comes to which Pokemon to catch. It's never really purely about getting the strongest Pokemon. And if he already had a team why catch the Swampert anyways? It's like whenever we play our games. If we have a team of six or a Pokemon doesn't interest us we're not going to catch it no matter how strong it might be. ;)

Years

I remember that episode...it was every third episode in newer generations!

Jokes aside, I wouldnt know cos I havent watched last X seasons. But he does that yeah.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
36. (Darn, forgot the number haha)

and he has a frying pan as an umbrella. I seriously need a friend like him.

Whoa-hoho there, lol. That's so dangerous that it's not even funny (lmao Brock). I mean, what if there was lightning?

#BrockLogic

Last edited:
Years

lets make a new pokemon club

forever-editers-cos-of-forgetting-to.put-a-number club

Revise, if Ash can use Pikachu against Rhydon I see nothing wrong with Brock using a steel pan to protect himself from thunder lol.

blue

gucci
Years

Yeah, Brock is the best.
16a964128cf740f5fc53bfd8ac1fb544189657dabf0dcf38a90f020902540d33.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back