• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • The Opening is out. Hello, World. But the ED isn't, as far as I'm aware.

We all need the Blood Blockade Battlefront ED in our lives, brah. We all do.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • As for my opinion on the second opinion, I'd like to clarify one thing - I don't think the song is crappy. In fact, I actually quite like the song itself. The melody is quite nice and the lyrics do fit the show, I guess. But when I said the opening was an abomination as an art piece, I meant it as an overall package - mostly attributed to its super-lazy animation. I disliked what I saw, that's all.
    And that's something I really think is important when considering whether an opening is good or not. The song is only half of what an opening is, and I'd say a good song mixed with meh visuals makes for an okay opening, but it's the quality of both and their cohesion that makes an opening truly good, and I don't really think a lot of people look at it like this.

Take Steins;Gate's Hacking to the Gate for example. I'm sure people like the song for reasons other than their liking the show as the ending theme is heavily overlooked, but Hacking to the Gate is regarded as a pretty high-tier opening and, though I like the song myself, the opening's not really that good. Hacking to the Gate, as a song, is pretty damn good, but visually not much is happening and not much aesthetically changes as it progresses or happens in general, and it doesn't really pertain to the show much considering the show follows a linear timeline basis, so it's basically a song about people spinning around and...that's it. It has a neat little effect over it, but it never really changes and nothing in the song or the opening pertains to any of the characters except the lyrics, which could be seen as the main character's words, but it doesn't really tell you anything about the show, the characters, or the story.

Then take a look at something like...hm...how about the recent Nisekoi:'s Rally-go-Round. One thing that strikes me about this opening is that it's catchy and it does its damnedest to keep up with the song. The song doesn't really have much to do with the show here, either, but the reason that's fine in this is because visually the opening teems with character. It doesn't explain the plot nearly as much as something like Click or Step did, but it does try to show the personality of the characters...though when I say it teems with character, I think this is more in reference to the opening and the show in that it portrays the characters relationships (which are rather essential to the show) and introducing new characters, while keeping a deceptively adventurous, fast pace that's all it's own without ever escaping from feeling like Nisekoi. It's certainly not the best opening to use as an example for this, but I'd say that, as an opening, it "gets it" more than Hacking to the Gate does, and is good because it manages to have so much going audibly and visually.

derozio

Years
  • And that's something I really think is important when considering whether an opening is good or not. The song is only half of what an opening is, and I'd say a good song mixed with meh visuals makes for an okay opening, but it's the quality of both and their cohesion that makes an opening truly good, and I don't really think a lot of people look at it like this.

Take Steins;Gate's Hacking to the Gate for example. I'm sure people like the song for reasons other than their liking the show as the ending theme is heavily overlooked, but Hacking to the Gate is regarded as a pretty high-tier opening and, though I like the song myself, the opening's not really that good. Hacking to the Gate, as a song, is pretty damn good, but visually not much is happening and not much aesthetically changes as it progresses or happens in general, and it doesn't really pertain to the show much considering the show follows a linear timeline basis, so it's basically a song about people spinning around and...that's it. It has a neat little effect over it, but it never really changes and nothing in the song or the opening pertains to any of the characters except the lyrics, which could be seen as the main character's words, but it doesn't really tell you anything about the show, the characters, or the story.

Then take a look at something like...hm...how about the recent Nisekoi:'s Rally-go-Round. One thing that strikes me about this opening is that it's catchy and it does its damnedest to keep up with the song. The song doesn't really have much to do with the show here, either, but the reason that's fine in this is because visually the opening teems with character. It doesn't explain the plot nearly as much as something like Click or Step did, but it does try to show the personality of the characters...though when I say it teems with character, I think this is more in reference to the opening and the show in that it portrays the characters relationships (which are rather essential to the show) and introducing new characters, while keeping a deceptively adventurous, fast pace that's all it's own without ever escaping from feeling like Nisekoi. It's certainly not the best opening to use as an example for this, but I'd say that, as an opening, it "gets it" more than Hacking to the Gate does, and is good because it manages to have so much going audibly and visually.
    The examples you bring up are pretty spot on, actually. Definitely agreed with everything you said.

A good opening needs to be good audio-visually. Not just good at one of the things and shit at the other. And even if both the visuals and the audio are high quality stuff individually, there still exists the aspect about them having to be in perfect harmony with each other. If not for them complimenting each other, the whole thing falls apart for me.

Some more examples of really amazing openings, imo, are some of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood's openings and Bleach's Ranbu no Melody. Terrific visuals + awesome track = THE shit right there.

I can be a little more forgiving on the visual aspect of EDs though, admittedly. Especially because I'm actually used to seeing little-to-no effort being put into EDs by most production houses. So much so that when I see EDs with effort actually put into them (bringing up Kekkai Sensen's ED again! also, on topic of FMAB - USO by SID), I actually enjoy them that much more.

Years
  • No way I tried to find the notes myself and I also failed at deducing the chords to it just 'cause there's only 6 notes being played in the main melody disregarding lower and higher notes lol. Plus, with me away from the keyboard like 90% of the time thanks to staying at my relative's place for college I'm already pretty rusty at it lol.

Well the notes I found are all on the black keys anyway aside from a couple of them so feel free to experiment on a keyboard software or something. No other major scales works as well as the black keys anyway, tested them all out.

D# F F# G# A# C# and D for a lower note/higher note. It's either C# major scale or F# major scale, really. I don't have the time to test it out anyway.

I'm blabbing about music on the A&M DCC and I bet no one understands me completely lol.
    It's been forever since I last played music, but whenever I'm too lazy to figure out chords, I usually look up sheet music. However, all the Bad Apple transcriptions I've seen are usually either too complex for someone as rusty as me, in the incorrect key... which is tolerable, I guess... Or so simplified it ain't even fun anymore.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Yes, I'm inclined to support your views on that one. Really, really looking forward to getting the entire OST. All the tracks used in there are catchy as hell.

Waiting for the full ED to come out with bated breath right now tbh. That ED kicks ass. I can keep on humming the song forever haha.

We need piano!

Isn't Kekkai Sensen's ending out already? I need it in my life.

The Opening is out. Hello, World. But the ED isn't, as far as I'm aware.

We all need the Blood Blockade Battlefront ED in our lives, brah. We all do.

Kekkai Sensen's ED (UNION SQUARE GARDEN's single) is out already, came out within the past week. I've had it for a few days :0

I guess I've been ACCIDENTALLY HOLDING OUT on you guys, I thought yall would know before me ;_;/...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • On the topic of Kekkai Sensen (which is a joy to say), I have a quesion that I posed to my roommates not long after we started the first episode (so far, all I've watched, trying to limit what I watch this season for now).

Can you guys think of any anime other that have squinty-eyed protagonists?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Certainly not a common trait in protagonists. I can think of some shows with multiple main characters which have one, Chief in Working.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • The benefits of having squinty eyes is that if you fall asleep in class no one could really notice. Or if you were asked to close your eyes you can get a few sneak peeks without getting noticed. :T

Source: Personal experience

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • aaand just like that the topic drifted away from a domain I am familiar with lol
    You aren't familiar with programming languages, Dero?
    C# major scale or F# major scale, really. I don't have the time to test it out anyway.
    C# and F# are .NET programming languages.
    I haven't tried F# myself but C# is my main programming language xD

derozio

Years
  • They were talking musical notes obviously

But sorry to ruin the joke if your post was a joke. Which I can totally see it was.

Also did the music room thingy today. Was fun. Need more peeps the next time though :p

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm a programmer who isn't paid at all. =3=

I'm not into the "must not skip OP" party. I usually just listen to it on the first episode and the finale.

Most of the time OP music is too happy-go-lucky for me anyways. Although there are definitely exceptions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back