• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Tournament to Beat All Others. [PG-13]

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
  • The oddly colored Gengar rose from the ground, taunting Machamp as it put him to sleep. "Damn, well I guess you're done. Return, Machamp!" Agro held up his Pokeball, returning him. "Let's go, Dusknoir!" He sent out the gripper Pokemon and it let out a cry. "It's a frail ghost type, you know what to do next." If she tries to take advantage of the Ghost-vs.-Ghost matchup, we'll Sucker Punch it to oblivion. I love priority moves.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Miharu hummed. Waiting for Nightmare to make the next move...priority move; probably Sucker Punch. "Nightmare, return."

Nightmare pouted. "Awwww, but I can totally kick that Dusknoir's ass!" He went back into his masterball. Miharu grabbed an Ultra Ball and sent out her Absol.

"Swords Dance."

Absol roared as he built up power, raising up his attack.

As Absol built up his attack, Miharu glanced at the Team Ghost Grunt. "So what is grunt-san's name anyways? He can give me a fake name if he wants; if only so I can stop calling him 'grunt-san'. And no, this is not a stalling. Grunt-san can even ask the same to me in return."

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Sierra Silverstein
    Team Ghost's leader

-----

"I'm Zegan Zoma, Leader of Team Ghost! I'd like to make a deal with you. I wanna have a Pokemon battle! If I win, I get my minions back. If I lose, I'll turn myself in. Do you accept?" What? Leader of Team Ghost? Was this guy for real? Well, if that was the case, there was no way I could let him leave, but I didn't know if that meant I should fight him or not. It would probably be a bad idea, as I lost to that grunt with a Shiftry. I couldn't really decide by the time the man had released a Magmortar.

"Lets go Magmortar!" The Magmortar grinned as if it had already beaten me. "If you want to step down and give me my minions back, now's the time. I'm not the type to hold back." Now it was Zegan's turn to grin.

"LET ME WIPE THAT SMILE OF YOUR FACE!" I yelled as I let out Hexia, who had eventually made her way back to me after damage control. "Use Mean Look and then Perish Song!" What looked like a thousand eyes surrounded by an aura of purple engulfed the Magmortar. Now there was no way that he could switch out. Then, Hexia began to sing in a very horrible way, a way that would cause both pokemon to faint in a few minutes.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    "LET ME WIPE THAT SMILE OFF YOU FACE!" The Gym Leader yelled as she she let out a Jynx from it's pokeball. "Use Mean Look and then Perish Song!" As a thousand eyes with a purple aura surround Magmortar, his grin turn into a frown, almost looking disappointed. Then the Jinx began to sing a horrible song, meaning both Pokemon were going to faint in a few minutes.

Sighing, Zegan said, "Is that all? Now let me guess, your going to switch out your Pokemon so it doesn't faint from Perish Song. Oh well, I'll just have to make this quick then. Magmortar, use Thunderpunch." At that command, Magmortar starts to run at her Jynx, its fist wrapped around with lightening.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Sierra Silverstein
    Cut off the head

-----

"Is that all? Now let me guess, your going to switch out your Pokemon so it doesn't faint from Perish Song. Oh well, I'll just have to make this quick then. Magmortar, use Thunderpunch." Did he seriously just tell his fire type to use an electric type move on my ice type? How did that make sense?

"No, i'm not going to switch out." I said calmly, "I'm just going to use Double Team." At that, Hexia copied herself, causing the Magmortar to run right through what used to be her. I thought I was safe for the moment, until the Magmortar spun around and punched the real Hexia, causing all of the copies to fade and her to fly back a few yards.

"Use Lovely Kiss!" I yelled as Hexia slowly and painfully got back to her feet. This guys pokemon was strong, and I mean really strong. "Then use Dream Eater!" Hexia blew a kiss and caused a bunch of lips to soar over to the Magmortar.

Darkfox1525

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    "No, I'm not going to switch out." She said clamly. "I'm just going to use Double Team." With that, her Jynx made copies of itself, causing Magmortar to walk right through what used to be her Jynx. Magmortar grinned and spun around and punched one of the copies, turning out to be the real one. As the Jynx flew across the field, its copies all faded.

"Use Lovely Kiss!" She yelled as her Jynx slowly got up. "Then use Dream Eater!" The Jynx blew a kiss and caused a bunch of lips to soar over to Magmortar.

Zegan grinned, and yelled, "Thats what I've been waiting for! Magmortar, use Fire Blast!" Magmortar lifted its arm canon, aimed it at Jynx, and fired a huge blast of fire towards Jynx, burning the lips midair before it got close to him.

Nakuzami

Years
  • Sierra Silverstein
    Terratogua

-----

"Thats what I've been waiting for! Magmortar, use Fire Blast!" The Magmortar raised its cannon and shot a huge blast of fire that sailed towards Hexia.

"Psychic!" Hexia raised her arms as her eyes glowed blue and stopped the Fire Blast in its tracks. I waited as I expected the flames to vanish, but instead they started to inch their way to Hexia. Even Hexia's Psychic was not enough, which was unusual. This guy was a lot stronger than I had anticipated.

"Hail!" At least I could make do with the inevitable. Hexia released her hold on the Fire Blast and released a light blue beam to the sky as the gym roof opened. As soon as the beam left her, she was obliterated by the Fire Blast. I recalled her at the same time the first peice of hail fell.

"Let's go, Terratogua!" Terratogua, my Seismitoad, appeared. "Start off with Muddy Water!" Terratogua summoned up a wall of brown water that he surfed upon as it filled the entire battlefield.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • "So what is grunt-san's name anyways?" asked the girl as her Absol powered up it's attack.

"Were you not listening to my introduction?" He said in a in an almost playful fashion, smile never faltering. "Call me Agro, or 'bad-guy-san' or whatever the hell you want. You can tell me your name after the battle. Anyways, nothing's gonna get done if I keep switchin' out, so Dusknoir, Ice punch!" Dusknoir charged at the Absol, slamming it's frosty fist into it's face. Agro looked around, trying to find Swellow. He saw it in the distance with the nurse not far behind. Agro returned the Aggron and tossed it's pokeball as Swellow flew overhead and caught it, taking it to the nurse.

Last edited:

Darkfox1525

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    "Psychic!" Then her Jynx raised its arm while it's eyes glowed blue, and the flames stopped moving. When it looked like she completely stopped them, it started to move forward, inch by inch. It seemed she underestimated Magmortar's power.

"Hail" She yelled, and the Jynx released its hold the Fire Blast and shot a blue light into the sky as the roof of the gym open. When the blue beam left the Jynx, it was obliterated by the Fire Blast. As the first piece of hail began to fall, she recalled her Jynx. "Lets go, Terratogua!" she yelled as a Seismitoad appeared. "Start off with Muddy Water!" Then her Seismitoad summoned a wall of brown water that it surfed on while it filled the entire battle field.

"This is fun! Magmortar, use Earthquake, then Brick Break!" Zegan yelled. Magmortar lifted it's leg into the air, and stomped the ground as hard as it could. The gym began to shake, and pieces of the roof fell off. As the gym shook, a crack began to form under Magmorter's foot, and it headed towards Seismitoad, splitting further and further away. When it reached the title-wave, the water began to lower and become smaller and smaller as it continued towards Magmorter, who was preparing for Seismitoad to get close enough to hit.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu tilted her head as Absol got hit with the Ice Punch...if only for the fact that Dusknoir was completely in his range of moves and Absol landed a close range Night Slash*, before jumping back, landing next to Miharu.

"Guess I was not Argo-san," she grinned. "When I am in a pokemon battle, I find myself not paying attention to trivial things as introducing oneself."

She patted Absol's fur, brushing away the ice that managed to stick to him. Miharu smirked slightly. "Now, can Argo-san leave the city, or will we have to get serious?"

Miharu noticed the nurse who walked up. She felt great respect of nurses; even if the pokemon in trouble was used for horrible, evil purposes, they still did their very best to help them.

"Also, is Argo-san's Aggron okay? Bishamon's Brick Break is fairly strong, especially guided by his teleport/velocity trick. Plus, I think that was also a critical hit. I hope I did not hurt him too badly. Try not to send him out, I would hate to have to hurt him again."

Miharu smiled sweetly, but the undertone was anything but. Although it was a supposed sweet smile, there was a hint of something...dark, evil underneath the surface. It did not suit one who was supposed to be one of the gym leaders that fought for justice.

*Since Dusknoir punching Absol IN THE FACE would cause a close contact, it would give Absol a chance to exchange a Night Slash in return to THE PUNCH IN THE FACE. Whether or not it made Dusknoir faint is up to you. :P Also, the reason why I'm putting caps on PUNCH IN THE FACE...I think it reminds me of something, somewhere. Hmm...I also think I've made Miharu quite evil. Oh well, different circumstances, different people.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
  • Sierra Silverstein
    Raining Toads

-----

"This is fun! Magmortar, use Earthquake, then Brick Break!" Zegan yelled. The Magmortar lifted its leg into the air, and then stomped on the ground. The gym began to shake, causing pieces of the roof fall off. As the gym shook, a crack began to form under the Magmortar's foot, and it headed towards Terratogua, splitting further and further away. When it reached the title-wave, the water began to lower into the void as it continued to travel towards the Magmortar.

"Hydro Pump, on the ground!" Terratogua opened his mouth and launched an intense blast of water at the ground. The force sent Terratogua flying into the air, even higher than the roof. "Now use Double Team and Focus Blast!" While still in the air, Terratogua copied itself, making it look like it was raining toads. Then every single flying-toad put their hands together and formed a ball of blue light, and each ball of blue light went straight towards the Magmortar.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • The Japanese girl now seemed to be getting cocky after defeating Agro's Dusknoir. "Now THAT'S the spirit, sweetheart!" Agro howled with excitement. "Stay like that, it's just no fun when heroes are soft!" He gave a great laugh as his Swellow returned with his healed Aggron. "Just in time. Dusknoir, come back!" He returned the Dusknoir to it's pokeball, as Swellow perched on his shoulder. He turned to his adversary.

"I've got a feeling we're gonna get along swimmingly. Go, Aggron!" The 7-foot armored beast came out onto the field with a roar. "Head Smash!" Agro couldn't stop laughing as he ordered the attack. It wasn't the type of laugh from something funny, though. It took a moment for him to compose himself, but his wide grin had yet to fade. "His rock head prevents that nasty little recoil, so he's got nothing to worry about. Also, I think he's out for revenge." Aggron gave a bellow as he charged forward at the Absol. "You won't lay a scratch on him with that Absol o' yours."

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • "Sorry if we are boring Argo-san so much," stated Miharu with a shrug. "I will be sure to make it more fun."

As Aggron charged at Absol, there was a flash of light as Miharu jumped to the side in order to dodge Aggron (as, she was next to Absol after all) and ran towards the now out Swampert, who jumped on Aggron's head in order to lift himself high up into the air and landed hard on the ground, Earthquake. The power of the Earthquake made several buildings around shake and collapse slightly.

"Too bad it will not be fun for Argo-san," stated Miharu with a smirk. "Aggron really is not having much luck, is he?"

Miharu then glanced at all of the damage that was done to the buildings. "Whoops." There was another burst of light as the buildings were brought back to their original form...well, before Swampert unleashed his Earthquake.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • "Who ever said you were boring me? This is the most fun I've had in ages!" yelled Agro, amused.

Aggron looked hurt, but it wasn't out yet. "I told ya. A one-hit KO ain't gonna happen again. Why do all your Pokemon dance around everywhere? Do you have even one that will stand and fight like a warrior? Whatever. Aggron, show it your own Earthquake!" Aggron jumped little over two feet in the air, but the 800 pounds slammed on the ground with great force. The earth shook furiously and the buildings which had just now been restored were demolished again.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • "By us, I meant the good guys Argo-san," stated Miharu. "But thanks for the compliment. I am so glad I could entertain Argo-san. And all of my pokemon can fight and stand as a warrior, however, my tactics are quite strong."

Swampert used the vibrations from the Earthquake to launch himself upwards with an Iron Tail to the ground. Spinning, Swampert aimed for Aggron with a Brick Break ready.

"With battles likes these, I can use my strongest tactics to my advantage. And, Argo-san has to admit, he never sees me switch my pokemon...does he?"

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Agro burst out laughing, as if his opponent were a comedian. "Tactics? What a joke! Strength is all that matters! Now enough distractions, Aggron, use head smash on that thing's fist!" Aggron reared back as the Swampert fell, spinning to most likely increase the power behind it's strike. When it was close enough, he thrust his head forward, straight into the attack.

"Advantages don't matter in the face of raw power."

Agro's smile turned into a scowl. "But if you need to know the technical crap, though, the power of Aggron's attack, even though it's not very effective, is more than that of a compacted Earthquake attack. Also, the force of a fall goes both ways." Agro's voice was significantly quieter during his explanation. He hated talking like that, and he also hated the genius tactician types who thought strategy was everything.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    As Jake headed off to Dewford City by boat, he felt the cool ocean breeze on his face. It was relaxing. He hadn't been on a boat in a long time, and sailing on one with his friend made it all the more rewarding. Zack notified Jake that it would take a few hours to get to Dewford, so Jake had some time to relax.

He thought a bit about the entire situation with Team Ghost. They had been a big problem for a while now all across Hoenn. Jake wished he could end this conflict, but it wouldn't be easy, and it wouldn't be quick. The key, though, according to Jake, was with the help of these new high-potential trainers and with the combined help of the gym leaders.

Jake sighed as he put his arms behind his head and lay back, looking at the blue sky.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
  • Miharu smirked. "So one thinks. But, just because one uses tactics does not mean that they are not strong as well. Raw power can have their disadvantages as well; it can be used against the opponent."

As Swampert fell, he glowed blue. Underneath his feet, a small trickle of water appeared until it grew and grew to a huge wave of water. Surf. The result coming from the Head Smash? Although Swampert's Brick Break and Aggron's Head Smash hit each other, the Surf hit Aggron as well. Swampert used the force of the Head Smash to jump up and flip over, landing on Miharu's side. Although it was apparent he took some damage, perhaps about a third of his health, Swampert still looked as if it could still battle; and take on many more Head Smashes.

"It takes strength in order to deploy those tactics, those strageties," stated Miharu. "My pokemon? They will kick Argo-san's pokemon's arses. After all, I have not been commanding much, have I? Argo-san cannot even see when I switch my pokemon for another. Face it, Argo-san is outclassed, perhaps even outpowered. And it seems my tactics, or the fact that I use them, make Argo-san quite upset and not having fun anymore. Well, we cannot have that, can we?"

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Agro wagged a disapproving finger at her, smile returning instantly. "The tactics aren't upsetting me, it's your ideals. What you've been saying makes me worry about the younger generation." He spoke as if he were an old man already.

"But what do you mean, 'face it'? My team and I knew we were outclassed the moment you got here, I'm a freaking grunt! But if we cared, we would've run. We fight those who are stronger than us, doing our best to win no matter how slim the chance." He turned to Aggron. "You're better without a leash. I'm done, this is your game, Aggron."

Despite the immense damage it had taken, Aggron stood tall. It looked back to Agro, who nodded in approval. With that, Aggron walked forward. It wasn't a blind charge, though. It seemed he had a plan.

Last edited:

Darkfox1525

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    "Hydro Pump, on the ground!" She yelled, as her Seismitoad looked at the ground, and unleashed a huge jet of water out of its mouth. The force sent her Seismitoad flying into the air, even higher then the roof. "Now use Double Team and Focus Blast!" Her Seismitoad made copies of itself while in midair, making it look like its raining toads. Then, all of the toads put their hands together and created a blue ball of light, and sent each of them towards Magmortar.

"Hmmm...looks like Magmortar's time is almost up. Almost forgot about Perish Song." Zegan said, realizing its been a couple of minutes into the battle. "Well, if hes going to faint, I'll at least let him faint in style! Mag mortar, use Hyper Beam!" Zegan yelled. Mag mortar raised it's canon into the air, and fired an intense beam into the air, aiming at the clouds. The pure power of the beam not only stopped the Focus Blast's midair, it repelled them back at all of the Seismitoads. After the beam left Magmortar's canon, it fell over and fainted.

Back