The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 23rd, 2008 (12:07 PM).
Duder
Beginning Trainer

Hello,

I want to trade between a completed emerald game and and a new leaf green game. Both on vba link. The link works when I try to trade between the same version but I can't trade between because I haven't completed leaf green.

I was wondering if there is a code or cheat that would allow me to trade with emerald in the very beginning of leaf green instead of having to complete the game first. I tried the national dex cheat and prof oak acknowledges that I have it, but I still can't trade. any ideas?
Old November 23rd, 2008 (02:04 PM).
Thrace
@tion

You could very easily create a script to activate the national dex...

You just need to include special 0x16F in the script.
Old November 23rd, 2008 (02:50 PM).
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Just get the Visual Boy Advance Link, or whatever it was called. It was an unofficial version that could link between two open windows.

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old November 23rd, 2008 (05:12 PM). Edited November 23rd, 2008 by Duder.
Duder
Beginning Trainer

I have vba link and the link works, so that isn't a problem.

I also have a gameshark cheat that seems to have activated the national dex, (you can access it in the menu and prof oak rates it when you talk to him) but it still says that I can't trade with people in far away regions.

I don't really know anything about scripts, but I am sure I could learn, but I am not really sure if it would solve the problem since the gameshark code already seems to have activated the nat dex and it still didn't work. I would hate to waste a whole bunch of time learning that and then have it not even solve the problem.

I also tried activating all the badges as well as nat dex but that didn't do it either.

EDIIT:

Hey, I was just looking at bulbapedia and it says I need to complete celio's machine in order to trade with other versions. Does anyone know if there is a cheat for that? preferably a gameshark code?
Old November 29th, 2008 (06:59 PM).
[Rock Lee]
Kusanagi Swordsman~

Nature: Quiet
There's an item (or two, I think) that you need to complete the machine, like the Ruby / Sapphire Shard, or something like that...

I know that you can trade with R/S via those means, but I don't think FR/LG can trade with Emerald. I might be wrong, I dunno.

Someone complete the machine and find out. ;o

Spoiler:

========== R/S Monotype Challenge: Dark ==========
~ Complete! ~

========== R/S Monotype Challenge: Steel ==========
~ Complete! ~

"This is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will. 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name."
~*~Rock Lee~*~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links