The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which are your favorite Fire types?
16 28.57%
14 25.00%
19 33.93%
8 14.29%
7 12.50%
7 12.50%
17 30.36%
5 8.93%
17 30.36%
14 25.00%
4 7.14%
3 5.36%
12 21.43%
1 1.79%
1 1.79%
5 8.93%
14 25.00%
0 0%
11 19.64%
10 17.86%
11 19.64%
12 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet

Fire-type Pokémon ~ October 24 - 31

Welcome to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament here in Pokémon Voting Polls, where we aim to determine who PokéCommunity’s favorite Pokémon is! This will be a grand undertaking that will span across a couple of months, where we will start with hundreds of Pokémon, in hopes to rank the most popular Pokémon in the eyes of you- the members of the PokéCommunity!

If you haven't already, please read through the rest of the Rules/FAQ below to catch up to speed with what this tournament is all about:

Spoiler:
  • Every week, there will be a new poll stickied at the top of PVP. Each thread will have a different elemental type, which will include a list of Pokémon to vote on.
  • You aren’t required to pick just one Pokémon- you can vote for as many as you like to ensure your favorites get through. The Pokémon with the most votes at the end of the week will face off against the other winning Pokémon in a final poll to crown the champion!
  • Not only will the winning Pokémon from each poll move on to the final vote, but they'll be featured in Pokémon Voting Polls' forum splash for a week.
  • In order to preserve space, we’ve grouped all of the applicable evolutions in a Pokémon family together. If a family rather than an individual were to win the tournament, we would hold one extra run-off poll to decide the most popular member of the family.
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the week, Brendino will have the tie-breaking vote.
  • Legendary Pokémon are not included in this round of voting. Don’t worry, though- they’ll be voted upon near the end of the tournament to round out the final number of candidates.
  • Furthermore, members who vote and post for a majority of weeks during the tournament will receive an emblem depicting the winning Pokémon!
  • If there are any questions that you need answered, feel free to leave a comment in this thread or send a VM to Brendino to get it sorted out.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls will remain open until October 31st, so get voting!

Previous Winners:

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)

Last edited by Brendino; October 29th, 2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: fixed formatting issue
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

This week was really fun to vote for with so many hot candidates to win :D I decided to fist and foremost vote for my favorite Fire Pokemon line of all time, the Torchic family. I absolutely adore this line if Pokemon and they are far and above my favorite starter Pokemon of all time. I always use Torchic whenever possible and when I found out that I could get one in X&Y I was the happiest person ever. I also decided to give the Chandelure family a vote because of how damn awesome they are. If you have never used a Chandelure on your team...you are definitely missing out. It is such a powerful and well designed Pokemon with one of the greatest shiny sprites of all time. Arcanine also got a special vote because it is the favorite Pokemon of one of my best friends and is just plain awesome in it's own right. I also caught a shiny Growlithe in X so that made me love that family even more!

"By force of will!"
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Arcanine, hands down. Its been my favourite Pokemon for a few years now. I started using one and it just kinda stuck with me ever since. A tiger-lion sounds pretty epic don't you think? Not to mention that it has some pretty phenomenal stats all around. An easy Pokemon to train, fun cry to imitate and something that's pretty memorable, that's Arcanine for you. Did I mention I like how Officer Jenny miscalled her Growlithe, Arcanine? Probably one of my favourite moments. :p

Second vote would go to Houndoom. My first MVP and highest leveled Pokemon of any game. I remember getting it to about 90, which at the time was a pretty big achievement to me. Not to mention, it looks badass. I'd probably be running in the opposite direction if I encountered one. My last vote goes to the Litleo family. I can see the repeats of felines and canines, but they're an awesome species so I'll let it slip! I haven't played X/Y but they look like pixelated Aslans and Simbas. Overall fire-type has probably been one of my favourite types since the beginning. I love all of them (or at least most of them) to pieces. :]
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Knormageddon
King of Stronk Style

Houndoom. I've been training one on Soul Silver, and I fully intend to have one in my party when I get Pokémon X. Super powerful, I love it.
Old October 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
It always seems like the three main starter types have loads of my fave Pokemon and Fire is no exception.

Among the ones I voted included:

Litleo line, I love the concept of fiery lions and they look like fun Pokemon to use in X/Y.

Fletchinder/Talonflame, for finally breaking the Normal/Flying trend seen with early-route birds. Can't wait to see how well they do in battle with that great Fire-type diversity.

Litwick line aka one of my fave Fire-type lines in general, in fact Chandelure has the highest Sp. Attack of any non-Legendary and boy does it hit hard. I always try to use one when I play a 5th Gen game due to this very reason.

And of course, every single Fire starter line got my vote as well. Even though Charmander's is my least fave of the bunch, Mega Charizard X did make me start to like Charizard more. My faves of the bunch are the Chimchar and Fennekin lines. I just love how cool the final evos are.
Old October 24th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Out of all Pokémon on the list, Vulpix has gotta be my most favorite. It's small, it's cute, and it's cuddly. Is there a reason to not to like it? xD Every time I see this Pokémon, it always brings joy to my heart. If I ever had a Vulpix as a pet, I would try to keep it in my arms at all times. Plus, since its body is quite warm, I could always snuggle up with it when going to bed, and I'd never feel cold! Ninetales, the evolved form of Vulpix, is absolutely gorgeous. It's got two colors on its body, orange and yellow, and they compliment each other very well. And when it comes to battling, Ninetales can provide quite a tough challenge to your opponent. It's got access to an ability know as "Drought," which summons sunlight as soon as it's sent out on the field. This helps it to increase the power of its fire attacks by fifty-percent, and also to reduce the strength of your opponent's water-type Pokémon. Ninetales has a variety of attacks in its movepool, and some of the most useful ones are Nasty Plot, Fire Blast, SolarBeam, and Hypnosis. Nasty Plot allows this Pokémon to get a huge boost in its Special Attack stat, which it majors in. With Fire Blast, you can take down almost any of your opponent's Pokémon, even those who are not very effective to it. SolarBeam gives you the chance to defeat many opposing ground, rock, and water-types. Finally, with Hypnosis, you can make your opponent fall asleep in an instant. If you're able to utilize Ninetales in a good way, then this Pokémon could wipe out more than half of your opponent's team single-handedly. (:

Last edited by Peitharchia; October 24th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Wobbu
ຯອອ

Nature: Relaxed
Fire type Pokémon have some of the best designs of all other types. They each also have a lot of creativity and personality put into them.

Blaziken is my absolute favorite Fire type, starter evo, and Mega evo. Chickens are one of my favorite animals so it's only natural that I'd like Blaziken. I can strangely remember the first time that I ever got a Blaziken. It was on Mt. Chimney way back in '03 on Sapphire Version.

Camerupt got my next vote. I really like the volcanic humps, they make Camerupt unique. I'm currently using one in XD and it's been the most useful. Watching it's humps erupt is cool.

Once again, I gotta give the new games some love. I didn't plan on using Talonflame, but I ended up catching a Fletchling early in the game and continued to use it until I reached Terminus Cave (replaced it with a Noivern). Talonflame doesn't have a great movepool but it did 1HKO just about every opposing Pokémon.

Old October 24th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Litwick obviously gets my vote because it's adorable and it's my favorite fifth generation Pokemon. Pretty much the same as when we did ghost haha. ♥

Other favorites are the Litleo ling, Fletchling line, and Flareon but for the sake of everything just gonna choose Litwick here.
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Voted for quite a lot including Volcarona, Chandelure and every fire-type introduced in Hoenn. I feel that they all get good manipulation of their fire around them and are overall pretty good candidates to vote for. There weren't many sticky choices and I guess I'm used to picking most of the choices at once.
Old October 25th, 2013, 06:19 AM
MasterCade
The Godfather of Pokemon ;)

Nature: Serious
i voted for

Charmander - was basically first ever Pokemon i used in red was excellent fun and is actually one of the reasons i watched Pokemon.

Magmar - favorite fire Pokemon of Kanto

Cyndaquil -

i am a sucker for a Slugma/Magcargo i love it's moveset don't be fooled by the fire snail or he will burnn you :p.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 25th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Esper

Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure line is a great looking bunch of Pokemon. Some of the best stuff they've made in recent years.

I've always liked the Slugma line, too, ever since I saw it.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
I chose the Typhlosion's family as well as Houdoor's. I mostly like 2nd gen Pokémon more than the others. I'm not fond of the fire type though, and even so I love these ones.

Old October 25th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
Fire types, the bane of all grass types everywhere...

That being said, I do have some favorites that come through. I voted for Darmanitan, my first ever fire pokemon, Volcarona, one of the best meta-game sweepers, and Talonflame, because I used it in my run-through of X and I like birds.
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Ckbruin

My votes this week go to:

Ponyta and Rapidash - While yes, their manes are replaced with fire, I love the shiny form of these two. Blue fire ftw!
Volcarona - I like its unique typing and its B/W/B2W2 entries. (Plus its stats are amazing!)
Cyndaquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion - Cute, still kinda adorable, then just outright fierce. That's this evo line in a nutshell.
Houndour and Houndoom - Very easily associated with demonic things, but I think it could make a very loyal Pokemon at your side.
Fletchinder and Talonflame - Been playing a lot of X/Y, and although Talonflame's cry gives me a headache after some time, I like the fact that the native "Route 1" bird Pokemon evolves into something other than Normal/Flying.
Fennekin, Braixen, and Delphox - After breaking a deal with my friends (who would get the other 2 starters), I was left with Fennekin. While I held the idea that Delphox looked pretty...awkward... when I played through X it became one of my MVPs.
Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape - Probably tied with Empoleon for my favorite Gen 4 starter. It can dish out a lot of damage extremely fast, so I think this line gets a vote this week.

I seem to love elemental types a lot...especially Fire

Last edited by Ckbruin; October 26th, 2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Voted for Chimchar line as well
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:37 AM
GreyVirgo
•=ØInfinityØ=•

Nature: Serious
I voted for Fletchling and Talonflame, Fletchling is really cute and I'm gonna catch it when I get X then evolve it to Talonflame!

Other Forums Im In:

EGC Account: Grey
PHO Account: XLR8
LV Account: Grey

"I love making out with lamps!" - Nigahiga
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:19 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Flareon has my vote. Hate him all you want, but the Fire-type Eeveelution is one of the most underrated yet powerful Pokemon if you use him right and give him the right moves.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old October 26th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Adventure
all of time & space

Nature: Naive
I'm voting for Charmander family, Torchic family and Chimchar family, along with Ponyta and Rapidash.

Charmander and Charmeleon are just the original, cool lizards. Complete with flames on tail. Nothing overdone in their design, they are just right. Charizard has a sort of awkward look with its tiny head and neck and sort of blobby body - the Mega Y version fixed this somewhat though!

Torchic isn't too special, it's quite the weak looking little starter pokémon imo. But Combusken and Blaziken are amazing. The first fire/fighting starters and they have great designs and interesting concepts. Plus, I loved using them in the games and didn't even bother changing their movesets from the level up one much to enjoy it.

Chimchar is cute and in the anime, I really loved its personality and story. Monferno might be my favorite middle evo, possibly together with Charmeleon. It's "just right", to try and translate a good Swedish word which doesn't really have a proper translation in English :x I like what they're doing with the design, putting these red and blue details in to make it sort of Aztec-like kinda. Infernape is optimized. I completely love that they have a fighting monkey flamehead as final starter evo!

And Rapidash... It cute, lovely, smart. Plus amazing... you think so? Oh yes... It stunning, kindly; love it! Hug it, when sleeping; warm and cuddly, spectacular, ravishing... Oh, look at the time! I kept you too long. Let's just say that it's the most beautiful pokémon and let that be enough. Ponyta is a bonus because it was great as Platina's pokémon in PokéSpe manga.

to think you were once a stranger
and every day with you an adventure

Old October 26th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Ninetales, Flareon, Typhlosion, Houndoom, and Volcarona fan reporting in. The first two are especially adorable, and the latter three are fierce in battle, especially Volcarona. What could be more cool than a fire moth? Hmm...

Old October 26th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Magmortar, Camerupt, Houndoom and Chandelure are all among my favorite Fire-types, with Houndoom being one of my absolute favorites, and it has been since Gen II. A lot of them are Pokémon i've always thought looked cool and have liked using.
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Fire's my least favourite type and there aren't many that I'm overly fond of, but I think I'll have to go for Torkoal as the best. It's just a really cool Pokémon, that's all there is to it haha. It's one of the only interesting Fire-types and the design is pretty damn awesome. What else do you need in a Pokémon? Also Fire/Rock is, although doomed, a really fun typing to use.
Old October 29th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Hackbird64

Feeling a bit sorry for Heatmor know :/
Were there really only three new fire type families in X and Y? Oh wait, there was only one fire type family introduced in Gen IV too!

Old October 29th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

Send a message via Skype™ to Dansparce
Typhlosion line: It's always been my favourite starter, although I don't exactly know why. I do know that they're awesome in every way, however. Thank god its doing better than Charizard.

Houndoom line: What's this? Two fire types from Johto??? Houndoom has been a Pokemon that's recently grown on me. The design's cool and menacing and its typing allows for some awesome stab moves.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-7053-1635
Friend Safari: Pumkaboo, Shuppet and Golurk
Old October 30th, 2013, 12:41 AM
AmourPearlShipper
If we're feeling thirsty, it's vodka for all!

My favorite Fire-type is Arceus-Fire Darmanitan. He looks really cool (a flame monkey? yes please!) and he has a monstrous base 140 Attack and the Sheer Force ability, which allows it to smash entire teams both in-game and competitively with STAB Fire Punch / Flare Blitz. When paired with Ninetales, even some frail Water-type Pokemon like Starmie can be OHKOed by a Life Orb-boosted Flare Blitz. It also has a bunch of coverage moves Rock Slide, Earthquake and Superpower. So yeah, I really like this Pokemon.
"Billy Mays here with a limited time offer; our brand new product for the RU tier. Combining the incredible defensive capabilities of the Steel-type and Eviolite, Metang will make a splash hit for all those watching at home. For just the cost of one teamslot, you can get your own Metang today, as well a beautiful Eviolite stone that can be used as a gift, or a Cell Battery to make sure your Metang doesn't run out of juice! But that's not all! Call now and we will add an extra Stealth Rock to your order! This decorative piece is perfect for filling your Stealth Rock needs! Use it wisely though, because setting up Stealth Rock turns Metang from nearly worthless to completely worthless for the rest of the match. Thankfully, Metang comes with a built-in self-destruct button that allows it to make the most of its short battery life. Get yours today for not three teamslots, not even two--call now and get our limited edition Metang at the price of only a single teamslot! You will not get this offer anywhere else, or you get your money back guaranteed! Results may vary.

<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii
Old October 31st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Dumerili

Voted for quite a few of these, I love fire types <3
My votes included the Charizard line, The Houndoom line and the Ninetales line but I voted for some others to.

3DS friend code: 5455-9960-5079
Tumblr
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

We're now roughly 3 quarters of the way through the Favorite Pokemon Tournament, with this week's voting being one of the most popular to date! This was a hotly contested battle between so many Pokemon, with a back and forth battle for first place all week long. So while it didn't scorch the competition, the Pokemon you selected as your favorite Fire-type is...

Spoiler:
HEATMOR!!!

Wait... it's Halloween, not April Fools. Sorry Heatmor.

The real winners are...

Spoiler:

The next round of voting should be just as exciting, as we're moving on to Psychic type Pokemon. Depending where you are, the next poll should be up either late this evening or at some point tomorrow. Stay tuned!

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links