• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
  • Day 8: Best soundtrack:
    So many that I can't name one :3... though if I had to pick one it'd be route 47/48

Day 9: Saddest scene:
    Obvious answer is obvious.

Subtle hint if you can't figure it out
    Spoiler:

Day 10: Best game innovation:
    Battle Tower (father of competitive gameplay)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise
    Games
    - Even though I started into the fandom with the TCG and anime, the games mean so much to me. Words cannot express the nostalgia I feel when I remember summer days of playing Pokemon Stadium 2 with my best friend after swimming, getting up early just to play Red and Silver before school (which at the time, I only had these games because I had to leave my house ASAP because of certain conditions), staying up late playing Pokemon Colosseum...I could go on. But Pokemon is my favorite game franchise in general. I've always loved it, through the good and bad, because well, it's been with me through my good and bad. I'm glad I moderate the general hub for discussion between all generations. I wouldn't be able to bear just one generation! Haha<3

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • Day 10: Best game innovation

Unlimited TM usage- I'm quite happy to pay much more for something I can use over and over again.

Item accessing shortcuts- It has been around since Gold/Silver/Crystal, and it's been amazingly handy ever since.

Unlimited on-hand item storage- No more going to the stupid PC to store TMs, HMs, infrequently used key items, etc....

Day 11 - Favorite part of the franchise (games, manga, anime, etc.)

Without a doubt, the games.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • Day 11 - Favorite part of the franchise (games, manga, anime, etc.)

The games for me too but the anime is a very close second. It's free, I've been watching it since I could remember, and you can actually see the pokemon run around and do their moves and stuff.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Day 10: Best game innovation
    I think re usable Tms were the best :D So convenient and makes the game that little less frustrating.

Day 11 - Favorite part of the franchise (games, manga, anime, etc.)
    Games all the way. The games are what makes the anime and comics exist and are 1000 x more enjoyable!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 11: Favourite part of the franchise

Games - its the only thing that keeps me want to continue on Pokemon, besides from PC that is. Without the games I would've probably quit Pokemon long ago. The anime started it all for me, though.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Day 9: Saddest Scene: Tie between when Ash "died" in the first Pokemon movie and everyone was standing around him just watching as poor Pikachu (seriously, why did no one try to comfort him? ;-; ) stood over his trainer and cried. And I don't even like Ash. Or Pikachu. And when Celebi "died" in Pokemon 4ever.

Day 10: Best innovation: Definitely the organized bags. I used to hate having to dig through one bag in the earlier games. You had to rummage through so many items just to find the ONE you wanted. I remember how happy I was when organization was introduced to the games.

Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise: The games. It's the only part I even still particularly care for to be perfectly honest. I could do without the rest.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Day 11 - Favorite part of the franchise: Video games and anime. I was hooked on to Ruby and Sapphire when I first got them, and that led me to the other games. The anime was one of the first Pokemon media I got into and I enjoyed watching it, even the new episodes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise:

Easily the games, it's also good in that you could make you have freedom to make your own team so everyone has a choice depending on tastes.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise

Like everyone else was saying, the games. The anime is only so-so in my opinion, and the movies are the equivalent to Big Lipped Alligator moments in where they wouldn't even be alluded to after the fact... Or in the anime. Ash has met with every legendary at least once pre-5th gen... and it's never alluded to.... EVER. It never happened.

Plus the games have much higher entertainment value soooo yeah

King Of The Blues

Still got the Blues, For you.
    Years
  • Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise.

The games.

A little more info...

I love the anime but it's the games that just edges it for me. Not much more that I can say.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise.
    The main series games. Honestly, the anime is ruined by annoying characters and I have little experience with the Special Manga or the card game or any of the spinoffs besides PBR/Stadium 1 & 2/Colo/XD. Colo/XD were the best of those games but the adventure in the handheld games is still more immersive in that you actually travel the routes.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise

I got into Pokemon because of the anime, and then because of the games. However, I'm gonna be the glorious combo breaker here and say that my favorite part of the franchise is not the games, but something people really need to look into more--the manga.

I'm not just talking about Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventures, but I'm including about PiPiPi Adventures/Magical Pokemon Journey, The Electric Tale of Pikachu, Ginji's Rescue Team, DP Adventures, and all the other manga series based after the games. While most of these series follow the games they were based on, they have their own twists and give the characters a little more personality and background. Some of the series mentioned aren't even known well enough in the Western community because they aren't as popular or as good as PokeSupe, but they're still pretty damn good if you ask me. Each manga series also seems to attract different audiences. PokeSupe is for those who love the mainstream games and action. PiPiPi is particularly for female Pokemon fans (as it is one of the few Pokemon shoujo manga series I know of), Ginji's Rescue Team, the Pokemon Ranger manga I've seen, and the Pokemon Colosseum manga I've seen (which I would totally love to read, sob) attract fans of the spinoffs. No series is exactly alike and so they're all amazing in their own way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    How is it I keep falling behind?

Day 10: Best Innovation
    I would say either the Physical/Special split or the unlimited TM use. The split had some ups and downs, but as far as I know, they're mostly benefits. And it makes sense, since you have moves like Fire Punch that are obviously physical. Unlimited TMs speaks for itself.

Day 11: Favorite part of the franchise
    Games. I don't like the anime, card games, or manga (except I heard there's gonna be a manga geared toward more mature audiences?) The games are just awesome, and as much as the anime and card games played a role in my childhood, I think the games were the best part.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Day 09 - Saddest scene:
    Either Bye Bye Butterfree or Pikachu's Goodbye. Tear-jerkers back then in the day, they were. There wasn't anything game-wise that would make me cry though. Pokémon wasn't really known to that. xD

Day 10 - Best game innovation
    :

The switch from type-special and type-physical to specific moves being physical and special. That just changed everything and allowed for much more in an increasingly limited environment!

Day 11 - Favorite part of the franchise (games, manga, anime, etc.):

The games, definitely! The manga though had some really awesome plotlines, but yes, the games for sure. Can't go wrong with those classics.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Day 12: An anime episode everyone should see
    I Choose You!
    - That's the name of the first one, right? XD; I don't keep up with the anime anymore honestly, but you know, I think everyone should see the very first! Know your roots! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back