• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Hi, new here.

My idea: Have you ever noticed that FireRed and LeafGreen were great, but felt somehow incomplete? And the extra Johto-stlye content (and music)? I think Nintendo rushed it with deadlines. We saw a gap in the GBA series (GEN III) with the Johto region being referenced to in code. We have cameos in D/PE/PL. GameFreak apologized for the lack of Johto Pokemon with Altering cave, Naval Rick, and the expanded Safari Center in Emerald. GameFreak has the heart to do a G/S/C remake, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. And who came blame them? Having to cater to Nintendo's whims for spoofs, bugfixes and liscensing, GameFreak is busy. But "not yet" =! "never."

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • What I think they should do, rather than make a remake of G/S is: make their 5th gen game, and in one version have whatever region they use, and have it work like g/s where you go to Johto as the second region. In the other version have the second region be Kanto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh. That way the games are actually somewhat different.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i said this before but it would be cool if they made a game where you go to all 4 regions starting from kanto and going up and when you go to a new region you have to start over like you can keep your old pokemon but you have to put them in the box and you have to collect 8 badges from each region and each region has its own elite 4.........what do you think?

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    i said this before but it would be cool if they made a game where you go to all 4 regions starting from kanto and going up and when you go to a new region you have to start over like you can keep your old pokemon but you have to put them in the box and you have to collect 8 badges from each region and each region has its own elite 4.........what do you think?

You do realize this completely defeats the purpose of having multiple games, and it will suck on of Nintendo's best franchises down the toilet?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    how would it bring it down it would actually give them time to think more about the next generation

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011

...Aside from that being something GameFreak will NEVER do because of their love for money, all of that data would never fit on a game card.

alexis515148

The shiny pokemon trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2021
    I'm pretty sure nintendo/gamefreak will make a remake, there is lots of evidence pointing there will be one at one point; but then again they might not (But G/S/C is AWESOME, not making a remake would be INSANE!)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • well thats true it wouldnt fit on a game card but its still a cool idea
    On the face of it, yes it does. But if you go into it, then how woul the levelling work? By the third region your Pokemon would probably already hit level 100, it'd be basically the same thing over and over again... how would levels be handled then? (Going past level 100 wouldn't happen - game mechanics for Pokemon would have to stay constant and all to allow trading from other games in the first place). And so forth - there are many problems that would crop up. It may seem fun, but it would actually be harder to make such a game that remains fun if it had so many regions, really - especially if you knew what went into programming.

Then there's the size issue - it simply wouldn't fit, given all the data that nearly 500 Pokemon take up - all of their moves and individual stats and so forth.

Plus, Nintendo like to stick to a formula that works - and making games with one new region max, with similar gameplay (get a Pokemon from professor, battle Gym Leaders, beat the Champion, catch them all while beating an evil criminal gang from whatever it is they try to do) is one that sells millions every time so far. No need to change it - and they haven't for the core games for all this time, and so no reason to do so. Spreading out this over many many games ends up bringing much more money to them than what one game would do - sure, if it was actually good and possible to make, it'd get a bit more sales - but not more than what a few games per generation would. (And doing so would hamper sales of other games with only one new region, even if it was a brand new one and not in the 'all-regions' game).

Either way, Nintendo/Game Freak/whatever have plenty of time to think about the next generation anyway.

Years
  • Hello, Mitch, formerly darkcookie_93, I remember you well and see that you're still up to your old games.. (over speculating, trying to hype up everyone for impossible levels of excitement)

Hey Keyaki, when you posted your 'hints from Gen IV' page, you should've also posted the multiple hints that the anime has also been giving lately..

(My list is paraphrased and such from this page.)
    • Many of the main characters have 'Johto'-centered Pokémon.. i.e., they either are Johto Pokémon, evolve into them, or are evolved forms of.
    • Paul, the new 'rival' character, wears an outfit which is strikingly similar to the rival character in the G/S series. His stock art also shares the same pose as the G/S rival.
    • Paul's older brother was displaying his badges in one episode. The Badges were in display in the order of Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, then Johto. If they were in the correct order of the game releases as we know them, Johto would be between Kanto and Hoenn, but instead comes after Sinnoh. (this, personally, stands out to me the strongest)
    • Viridian Gym is closed, waiting for a new Gym Leader. Gary, in the anime, could take over for the Gym, giving the new players who hadn't played the original G/S series a tie to the anime.
    • May is currently in Johto. When she and Dawn faced each other in one of the contests, Dawn mentioned that she would enjoy going to the Johto Contests sometime.
    • Ho-oh and Raikou still have yet to have a feature movie centered around them. Television specials and cameos don't count ^_~
    • Then we have, of course, the sudden burst of interest in Pichu and the Johto Starters.

The Johto Starters could be fairly obtained in Emerald version (one at a time, and not that easy of a feat to accomplish multiple times), or their second stages could be snagged in Colosseum,making them available to breed. Colosseum is a last generation console game, forcing you to use a GameCube, GameBoy Advance, the GCN to GBA cable, and finally your DS for Pal Park.

Both ways to obtain the three require a lot of work, but it doesn't make them impossible to get, but I can definitely see the three being featured having something to do with an advertisement to pique interest; especially now that the DSi is out so less people will be playing the older games.

And a tacked on tidbit... (Just for you, Andyb.)

Similar to the Regigigas given away last year and the Deoxys given away in 2007, a shiny Pichu, dubbed "Pikachu-colored Pichu" (ピカチュウカラーのピチュー) by CoroCoro, will be given to players of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum who pre-order tickets for the 12th movie between April 18 and July 17.It will have the OT 「しょこたん」 (Shokotan), from its Japanese voice actress. This Pichu will be available starting June 19.

This will be the third Pokémon given away in its Shiny form, the others being a Milotic and Zigzagoon. No other information on the Pichu is known as of yet.

Click here for Actual Page

It's just a shiny Pichu, nicknamed "Pikachu-colored Pichu" like the shiny Gyarados is "Red Gyarados". It's just an easier way to describe the difference in color from the standard version. They say it's Pikachu colored because of the richer yellow body and the red cheeks instead of pink. There's no new sprite for Pichu. People who rip sprites would've seen it already. It's impossible for Nintendo to go in after the game has been programmed and add the sprite to your game by a simple Mystery Gift download; it would take an updated re-release of the game for that to work. The biggest possibility of another sprite being added would be in the (speculated) G/S remakes, but even then it would probably just be the addition of the new female gender variation of the species.. also known as 'Notch Eared Pichu'.

hate to burst your bubble crystal but the sprite you have for the shiny pichu is dark its not the same color as pikachu and it was there would be no reason to do an event for a pokemon when we can already get it.

They've given out many Pokémon through events that you could easily get in the metagame or through trading with other games in the series. The differences are generally different attacks that it normally wouldn't be able to learn, a special held item, and that it's being kept in a Cherish Ball.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Im sitting here thinking to myself we the hell does oniko sound familiar in a bad way and lol and behold its you! Anyway yeah your anime points are good. But would we really see gary becoming a leader? Thats a nice thought. And anyway by the time were done with sinnoh may would be long gone so yeah most likely dawn will be going there with ash sooner or later.

drifl00n

drifloon master
    Years
  • i said this before but it would be cool if they made a game where you go to all 4 regions starting from kanto and going up and when you go to a new region you have to start over like you can keep your old pokemon but you have to put them in the box and you have to collect 8 badges from each region and each region has its own elite 4.........what do you think?

i remember when i was on serebii. i mentioned this and i got freaked out on, but it would be awesome if they came out with something like this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Andyb4325:
    If I'm judging your profile correctly, you are 16 years old. I mean, really? Enough with not thinking economically.

Everyone Else:
    I posted a perfectly logical speculation earlier, my first post, one page back. instead, this discussion is hopping from speculations to the color(s) of a shiny Pichu to multi-region gameplay. I proposed a perfectly reasonable speculation about why we don't have a G/S/C remake yet, and we're here talking about whimsical what-if's and shades of yellow. In the meantime, keep looking for clues.

About the anime tie ins:
    Also, not much gameplay ties in between the anime and the games. Pokemon Yellow sold well because of the TV show, and vice versa. But still, just because they have the same characters, they are entirely different worlds. Just look at Sonic the Hedgehog. The anime Sonic X sucked, kinda, and just because it roughly follows the same storyline as the games, they are completely different. </vent>

Conclusion:
    Anyways, get your acts together and pull up your diapers. For Pete's sake, they didn't even have to give us the Johto-esque opportunities in the games. We're lucky that GameFreak still cares about their fanbase after so many games.

drifl00n

drifloon master
    Years
  • Andyb4325:
    If I'm judging your profile correctly, you are 16 years old. I mean, really? Enough with not thinking economically.

Everyone Else:
    I posted a perfectly logical speculation earlier, my first post, one page back. instead, this discussion is hopping from speculations to the color(s) of a shiny Pichu to multi-region gameplay. I proposed a perfectly reasonable speculation about why we don't have a G/S/C remake yet, and we're here talking about whimsical what-if's and shades of yellow. In the meantime, keep looking for clues.

About the anime tie ins:
    Also, not much gameplay ties in between the anime and the games. Pokemon Yellow sold well because of the TV show, and vice versa. But still, just because they have the same characters, they are entirely different worlds. Just look at Sonic the Hedgehog. The anime Sonic X sucked, kinda, and just because it roughly follows the same storyline as the games, they are completely different. </vent>

Conclusion:
    Anyways, get your acts together and pull up your diapers. For Pete's sake, they didn't even have to give us the Johto-esque opportunities in the games. We're lucky that GameFreak still cares about their fanbase after so many games.

the pichu is just going to be a regular shiny pichu, but i read your post on the last page and i agree with you. game freak can possibly be working on ideas for this now or maybe even in the process of making the game and we just dont know it. as for fr/lg i agree with you there as well. there was a huge gap. after seven island i just felt like there should have been more added on to the game. what can you do though :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Hi, new here.

My idea: Have you ever noticed that FireRed and LeafGreen were great, but felt somehow incomplete? And the extra Johto-stlye content (and music)? I think Nintendo rushed it with deadlines. We saw a gap in the GBA series (GEN III) with the Johto region being referenced to in code. We have cameos in D/PE/PL. GameFreak apologized for the lack of Johto Pokemon with Altering cave, Naval Rick, and the expanded Safari Center in Emerald. GameFreak has the heart to do a G/S/C remake, they just haven't gotten around to it yet. And who came blame them? Having to cater to Nintendo's whims for spoofs, bugfixes and liscensing, GameFreak is busy. But "not yet" =! "never."

This. This. ^

This is much more logical, because GameFreak isn't commercial wack-o yet like the rest of the game industry. The events in the Sevii Islands even match some of those unique to G/S/C. Examples: Lapras in the cave on Island 4, seeing your rival even after the Elite 4, the team rocket hideout on island 6(?) is very G/S/C inspired.

Sure, signing an internet petition might make a number. But it won't mean anything if they (GameFreak/Nintendo) doesn't see it. So, let's pull our act together as fans, because whining like the other 8 year olds who play Pokemon won't get us very far. So instead of sucking on pacifiers, if there are any do-ers out there besides me, there will be some polite emails sent to GameFreak.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Hey Keyaki, when you posted your 'hints from Gen IV' page, you should've also posted the multiple hints that the anime has also been giving lately..

(My list is paraphrased and such from this page.)
    • Many of the main characters have 'Johto'-centered Pokémon.. i.e., they either are Johto Pokémon, evolve into them, or are evolved forms of.
    • Paul, the new 'rival' character, wears an outfit which is strikingly similar to the rival character in the G/S series. His stock art also shares the same pose as the G/S rival.
    • Paul's older brother was displaying his badges in one episode. The Badges were in display in the order of Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, then Johto. If they were in the correct order of the game releases as we know them, Johto would be between Kanto and Hoenn, but instead comes after Sinnoh. (this, personally, stands out to me the strongest)
    • Viridian Gym is closed, waiting for a new Gym Leader. Gary, in the anime, could take over for the Gym, giving the new players who hadn't played the original G/S series a tie to the anime.
    • May is currently in Johto. When she and Dawn faced each other in one of the contests, Dawn mentioned that she would enjoy going to the Johto Contests sometime.
    • Ho-oh and Raikou still have yet to have a feature movie centered around them. Television specials and cameos don't count ^_~
    • Then we have, of course, the sudden burst of interest in Pichu and the Johto Starters.

The Johto Starters could be fairly obtained in Emerald version (one at a time, and not that easy of a feat to accomplish multiple times), or their second stages could be snagged in Colosseum,making them available to breed. Colosseum is a last generation console game, forcing you to use a GameCube, GameBoy Advance, the GCN to GBA cable, and finally your DS for Pal Park.

Both ways to obtain the three require a lot of work, but it doesn't make them impossible to get, but I can definitely see the three being featured having something to do with an advertisement to pique interest; especially now that the DSi is out so less people will be playing the older games.

Yea i know, but i didn't think they meant much

So instead of sucking on pacifiers, if there are any do-ers out there besides me, there will be some polite emails sent to GameFreak.

lol, alittle full -of-yourself are we?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    bobandbill the leveling thing would be easy after your done with a region you have to put your pokemon in the box and start from scratch in the next region until you beat them all and adhdkiki i dont need to think econmic right now it was just an idea and other people like the idea but know it wouldnt happen and i do to but i was talking about it

Years
  • Andyb4325:

Also, not much gameplay ties in between the anime and the games. Pokemon Yellow sold well because of the TV show, and vice versa.

Oh, no, I didn't mean the games would be totally influenced by the anime, the other way around though. When they released Emerald and such, they integrated the battle frontier into the anime to perk interest in the just-released game.

If Gary became a Gym Leader, and then they happen to find out that you can actually battle him in G/S remakes, how many new fans (brought in by the anime) would get a kick out of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back