• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning - Sinnoh Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    ((OOC: I'll do my tunnel post soon. I still have to catch up with what I was gonna do first though! *was attacked by writer's block*))

Useless Pokemon?

The ball fell to the ground with a small metallic clanking noise. That little round button in the center was glowing with red light as the whole orb seemed to shiver with anticipation.

Twitch.

Twitch.

Twitch.

Ping!

Rachel stood there, eyes wide with disbelief. What?! But how... It wasn't weakened at all... How is that even possible?! But it was true. Rachel Rubison had caught a Zubat. One of the most useless Pokemon of all. She picked up the Pokeball slowly, and held it in her hand, surprised and beyond belief.

"G... Gib?" Gible muttered, his mouth hanging slightly open in a shocked manner. He didn't seem scared, per se, but simply amazed. Perhaps he hadn't expected the "scary" PoisonType to simply vanish into thin air. Stupid Pokemon, Rachel thought silently.

"Hey! Hey!" an unfamiliar voice called. A boy about Rachel's age raced up to her, looking way too over-excited. "Wanna battle?"

"Actually... I'd rather not--"

"But you have to! Come on! It'll be fun!"

Oh, for crying out loud!

"Fine! Gible, just get out there."

"Gible?" the trainer asked, confused. "Never heard of that one before.Oh well, though. I can beat it! Go, Budew!"

From a Pokeball emerged a green bud-like Pokemon. It looked strangely inanimate, but when it moved suddenly that told otherwise. Gible took a cautious sniff at the air directed toward this "Budew", and then flinched back, looking no less terrified than he had been when he saw Zubat.

Rachel sighed. "If you're not going to fight it because it's part Poison, then I guess I'll just have to recall you." And she did just that. Gible's frightened form vanished into his Pokeball. However, Rachel knew what this meant now... She had to actually use the useless Zubat.

After calling the name of the Pokemon out, Zubat materialized in the air, flapping its wings and making that same twittering sound. Only now, it was facing Budew rather than Rachel.

"Budew... Um, use Growth?" the trainer said, more asking a question than giving a command. One thing was in Rachel's favor, at least. Budew couldn't do much damage to a Poison/Flying Type. But what moves did Zubat know?

"Buduuu!" cried Budew, closing its eyes. Suddenly, it inflated to about twice its previous size, then shrunk back quickly. That raises its Special Attack, I think... Rachel thought. Not that it'll help Budew much against a Zubat. What can I do, though... It came to her, then.

"Zubat! Supersonic!" Rachel said with authority.

Zubat gave a slight nod, then let loose a high-pitched screech from its open mouth. Sound waves visibly pulsed through the air in the form of distorted rings of space. All of them flew directly at Budew, and hit hit head-on.

"Deeew," the plantlike Pokemon whimpered, suddenly appearing very dizzy.

"Budew! Go on! Use Absorb!" its trainer called in dismay. But Budew simply acted as if it hadn't heard, tottering about on its stubby, unsteady feet. It was Confused. This gave Rachel the perfect opportunity to attack.

"Now, Zubat..." she paused in thought for a moment, trying to recall what it knew, "Leech Life!"

With a quick flap of its wings, Zubat darted at Budew and bit down hard into its flesh. It seemed to be sucking some sort mof energy from its body, and Budew was still too confused to do anything about it. This match really was in her favor; such a weak Grass Type couldn't compete with an aerial Pokemon like Zubat.

The bat let go, gave its foe a rough headbutt that wasn't really any sort of attack, then fluttered back to Rachel. Budew spun about a couple times in a drunken manner, then fell over, effortlessly defeated. The trainer recalled it into its Pokeball and sighed.

"I guess I shouldda expected you'd have a tough Pokemon like that," he explained, "My Budew only just grew to Level 4, you see, and I'm trying really hard to train it."

"Yes; that's nice and all, but I gotta go," Rachel replied with indifference. Zubat was recalled into its Pokeball, and she then turned away from the trainer, headed for the tunnel known as the Oreburgh Gate.

It seemed now that Gible had a very exploitable weakness. There were plenty of Poison-Types in Sinnoh, but he obviously had no inclination to battle with any of them. She couldn't rely on Zubat to win many Poison-Pokemon battles on its own, especially when its own Poison attacks would have little effect once it learned some. Did this mean that to an extent, both Gible and her new Zubat were weak? Rachel did not wish to think about that any longer, and continued into the rocky cavern.

((OOC: You can decide Zubat's nature/gender/whatever else, Sayaira; that's why I referred to Zubat as "it" the whole time and didn't give it much personality. Oh, and don't worry; Gible will get over it... maybe... eventually... somehow... O.O))

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • @Rubii Naruto: Interesting use of a mirror in a tough jam. -nods-
    Quite the battle if I do say so myself!

Piplup grew to level 9!
    Piplup learned Bubble.

Shinx grew to level 8!

@Piez: ROFL @ GIBLE.
    Wow that sounded mean..
    I mean.. Uhm..
    Yeah.
    D:

ANYHOW. I did pick up on how the Zubat didnt really have a gender in all of this. So,
    You've caught a level 5 female Zubat.
    Not that Zubats look female or anything.. But yes.

Zubat grew to level 7!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Braden pointed towards the entrance of a dark cave. "Well, that's it," he said. "Once we get through here, you'll be in Oreburgh City for your first battle."

"That place!" said Emerald pointing a shivering finger at the entrance. "Isn't there another way around?" His knees were trembling as he spoke.

Braden looked at Emerald akwardly. "Quit being a little kid. This cave isn't scary, it has lights in it. Don't make me embarrassed that I lost to you, okay."

Emerald just looked at Braden and nodded. Still, he felt kind of afraid, so he pulled out a pokeball and clicked the button in the middle. A flash of red light appeared followed by Emerald's electric pokemon, Shinx. Braden looked at Emerald's pokemon in awe.

"Wow, you caught a Shinx?! I couldn't find one of those things," Braden said with a little disappointment in his voice. Shinx heard Braden's voice and glared at the boy. Then she slammed straight into him, tackling him to the ground. Braden gasped and then looked up at Emerald. "What was that for?! Did I say something wrong?" Emerald laughed and patted his pokemon on the head. She responded cheerfully and rubbed up against him. "She hates strangers. The only one she likes is me."

Emerald walked in the cave with Braden at his side and Shinx on the other. He figured that Shinx would make a good bodyguard if anything dangerous turned up. Emerald asked Braden what type the gym leader used in Oreburgh. "Rock," he simply responded without even looking at Emerald.

Emerald looked down the cave in horror. He grabbed his hair underneath his hat with both hands and pulled on it. "I'm gonna get killed in that gym battle! I don't have anything effective against rock!" Braden just looked at Emerald and shrugged.

"Maybe you'll get lucky," he simply said. He continued to look down the path of the cave. Emerald looked at Braden with disgust.

"You don't seem to care about my gym match, do you?" Emerald said angrily. Braden just shrugged. "Hey, I'm only your tour guide."

"But I would like to help..." said a voice. Emerald whirled around to look at the source of the voice. It was a large, burly man who was well over 6'4. He had an extremely deep voice that sent an uncomfortable chill down his spine.

"How- how can you help?" asked Emerald uncomfortably. The man held up something that looked like nothing more than a CD. "You're gonna give me a disc?"

"Dude, that's a tm. It'll automatically teach a new move to one of your pokemon," Braden mumbled in Emerald's ear. Emerald looked at the disc in shock. This thing would be excellent.

"Ah, a tm!" Emerald shouted gleefully. "I would happily take that! Thanks, mister!"

The large man laughed. "Ha ha, do you think I would hand something this rare to you? No, sir, I would like something from you too. I'm going to have a battle with you and the winner gets both gifts. Me, I'm putting out my tm, and you, if you lose, you'll give me your rarest pokemon."

"No way!" Emerald shouted increduosly. "I would never give you one of my pokemon!"

"Well, okay then..." The man placed the tm back in his pocket and was pretending to walk off.

Emerald couldn't stand it. "Wait!" he shouted. The man turned around. "Yeeess," he said, pretending to act surprised. Emerald looked at him. "The bet is on," Emerald declared. The man laughed.

Braden grabbed Emerald's shoulder. "Are you crazy?!" he hissed in Emerald's ear. "You could lose your pokemon!"

Emerlad looked back at Braden intensly. "I thought you were just my tour guide, and besides, I'm not gonna lose. I'm gonna get that tm." With that, Emerald whipped out Eevee's pokeball while the man pulled out his own. The battle was about to begin.

OOC: The battle will be in the next post. I'll try to put it up soon.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • You gotta capture a Pokemon some time, kid.

Lucius Jericho, the man in brown, advanced forward into the dark caves however a large Hiker-looking man approached him before he actually entered. He was large and in charge....of his Pokemon. With a bushy a beard, muscular arms, and large frame, it would have appeared as if the man could demolish even the well-built Lucius. However, the man grinned at Lucius though it seemed the man sought battle and nothing more. "If you don't mind me asking, are you seeking battle? Not to be rude or bathing in confidence, but my Buizel and I have defeated our fair share of trainers and Pokemon and you would be nothing but a distraction from our purpose." Lucius attempted to sound respectful, it was getting difficult to be nice to everyone. The mean dragon trainer had insulted him or at least acting far too out of line, and he knew he would come across more insolent individuals like her. Being kind hearted would be foolish if no one bothered to return the favor.

"No lad, I have came to share a piece of me mind to ya." The man's accent was funny to say the least resembling a Scottish/Irish hybrid, but he seemed to have a fair share of experience to share. Lucius responded with a acknowledging nod before allowing the man to continue with his lecture. "It seems to have come to me eye that you only got a single Pokemon on ya team. That ain't gonna be much of use especially if your first one gets beat down by some raging creature." Lucius agreed in his mind. Sure, Buizel basically ripped through everything, but what if he had been beat someone. The Hiker's advice was a wake up call, and Lucius bowed to the kind, wise man before descending into the deep cave before him. Lucius' main purpose was to actually capture a Pokemon. Most of the Pokemon did not interest Lucius, as many he had seen before and was aware of their limited use. Geodude's were a walking weakness considering much water attacks just demolish them. Zubats became the definition of annoying and were hardly worth training. Lucius did not lack patience per-say, but Lucius isn't exactly bathing in it either. The search proved to be worth it, as along the shore a large yellow duck sat in a dazed state. Using his pokedex, Lucius identified the Pokemon as Psyduck. Even though it was a water type much Buizel, it appeared to have some potential. "Alright Buizel, lets try a Sonic Boom."

Leaping from behind some rocks, Buizel unleashed a wave of energy upon the unsuspecting Psyduck. Avoiding the attack with a nervous flinch and jump of shock and awe, Psyduck concealed itself behind a stone placing itself out of Buizel's sights. Emerging from the shadows, Psyduck clawed the weasel Pokemon's face with surprising ferocity. "Angry little guy. Use Water Pulse!" Lucius commanded in a stern tone. Building energy, Buizel released the pulse of water power upon the Psyduck. The attack struck the opponent directly, however, barely damaged the persistent duck. The only positive aspect as a result of the attack was Psyduck's impact with the stone cold wall. Realizing it was outclassed by the serious Buizel and his master, Psyduck bolted for the exit of the cave after attempting to stir fear in Buizel and Lucius with a large bellowing growl. Any regular untrained and common Pokemon would escape in fright at the growl, but Buizel stared at the fear in the face demanding more effort. Exercising determination, Buizel and Lucius chased the Psyduck throught the cavern until the light of the exit could be seen. "Pursuit!" Lucius ordered and with impressive reaction time, Buizel leaped and tackled the Psyduck with added effect due to the Psyduck's fearful retreat. With Buizel leaping off the body of Psyduck, Lucius chucked a Poke Ball at the seemingly dead corpse of the yellow duck. Minor movements such as twitching and shallow breathing occurred as the red light consumed the duck. There Buizel and Lucius stared at the Poke Ball as the ball shook and jolted from side to side...to side...to side.

OOC: Will we have PC boxes in the future?

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • @Pika: Good use of imagery! Its interesting how, instead of just finding the TM, you decided to battle for it instead.
    Its a good thing, mind you.

:3
    Good luck in the battle!

EDIT:
    @Plan B/Christian:
    I loved how you said "He was large and in charge....of his Pokemon"
    Little things like that really get to me.. In a funny sense (in other words, I laughed).

Anyhow, that post certainly got you a Psyduck.

Congratulations!
    You've caught a level 7 male Psyduck.
    (please update your trainer card, and post it in the OOC thread)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    The cave was filled with an inky darkness that seemed to stick to Sabin as he walked through the dark Oreburg Gate. I hate caves, it's impossible to see and it's easy to- "Aaah!"-trip... Sabin got up from the fall and dusted himself of. Stupid rock. He kicked the small stone aside as he continued on his way, making sure to kick any rock he was able to see through the murk in his feud with the cave. This was definitely the worst part of leaving Oreburg. Sabin continued on, momentarily letting the rocks be, as he recalled the day he had ran away from his home in Oreburg. Enough of that, I need to keep going on, even if it is to the place I least want to be. Anyways, I'll make sure to only stay their long enough to crush the gym leader. He kicked another rock aside, more out of habit now, only to notice that this particular rock had two arms and a pair of angry eyes that were aimed right at him.

"Geode!" the rock monster bellowed as it got up to attack Sabin.

"Turtwig, looks like I'll be needing your assistance!" Sabin said as a red light illuminated the cave for a second until forming into Sabin's first pokemon. Turtwig used his new absorb technique after being told by Sabin to do so. The grass elemental energy was enough to severely weaken the rock and ground pokemon. I like this pokemon, it's pretty buff looking. Just like me! Sabin couldn't help but smile at his last thought as he tossed one of the empty red and white capsules at the rock look alike. The round device began to shake back and forth, barely visible in the darkness of the cave. Only time would tell if Sabin was successful in his attempt at capturing the geodude. This better be quick, I really don't want to spend more time in this cave...

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • @Mr. Person: Pretty good post.
    Which means,

Congratulations,
    You've caught a level 6 male Geodude.
    (Please update your trainer card and post it in the OOC thread)

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Emerald held the pokeball tight in his hand. This would be the most important battle of his life. He would get an extremely valuable gift if he won, but if he lost... he would lose one of his precious pokemon. Losing was not an option, Emerald knew he had to win. Emerald threw the pokeball on the field. "Go, Eevee!" His cute, innocent-looking pokemon was on the field and looked prepared for battle.

"Heh, is that the best you can do? You pokemon may be cute, but it doesn't match up with my pokemon. Go, Machop!" The guy threw a pokeball on the field. A fighting pokemon appeared.

A buff pokemon for a buff guy, thought Emerald. Then it hit him. His pokemon was a fighting type!

"Machop, use tackle!" shouted the man. Machop ran towards Eevee. Emerald was shaking from the type difference. "Eevee, dodge his attack!" he ordered. The man laughed. "Kid, you have a lot to learn. I just did that to get closer to your pokemon. Machop doesn't know tackle! Now Machop, use a real low kick!" The pokemon stuck out its right foot and slid straight into Eevee. The fighting attack put a lot of damage on Eevee. Emerald was afraid that it got KO'd in one hit until he saw his pokemon get up. Emerald knew he couldn't afford another hit like that.

"Machop, finish this wimpling pokemon. Run up and use low kick again!" ordered the man. Machop charged forward to the damaged Eevee. Emerald figured he was finished until he remembered an attack that Eevee just recently learned.

"Eevee, use sand-attack!" Emerald shouted. Eevee jumped to his feet and kicked sand straight at Machop. The sand hit the pokemon straight in the eyes, blinding it. The pokemon jerked around wildly, trying to get the sand out. "Now, Eevee, tackle!" Eevee slammed straight into Machop giving it a lot of damage.

"Machop, don't rely on your eyes! Listen to Eevee and use low kick!" the trainer shouted. Machop began to kick wildly since Eevee was very near. Machop finally caught the direction that Eevee was in and prepared to extend its foot.

Emerald thought quick. "Eevee, use the same stragedy from last battle! Leap in the air and use tackle!" Just as Machop delivered the attack, Eevee leaped in the air using his tail. Machop stumbled into the ground from the force he had put into the attack. Soon, he was slammed unconcious by Eevee.

"Beaten by a normal type!" yelled the man frustrated. He called back his pokemon and whipped out another ball. Okay, two on two, thoght Emerald, shrugging slightly. "Shin Shinx..." Emerald looked at his pokemon. She was looking at Eevee, who was too exhausted to continue. Emerald nodded. "Thanks, Shinx," he said. He pulled back a ball and recalled Eevee. "Okay, Shinx, get out there and win for me." Shinx nodded and leaped out on the damp, cave field.

The man threw a pokeball out on the field. "Okay, prepare to be defeated by my pokemon, Gligar!" he shouted. A flying pokemon appeared. "Gligar, we can wipe this wimp out quick! Use poison sting!" Gligar just shot poison beams at Shinx. She simply dodged out of the way and used tackle, slamming Gligar into the ground. Emerald guessed she wasn't really used to the "listen to me" thing yet. Gligar tried to respond by using a quick attack.

"Shinx, leer!" shouted Emerald. Shinx's eyes glowed and were staring directly at Gligar. Gligar got frightened by the attack, slowing it down a little. Gligar still hit Shinx, but not with as much force. She managed to recover quickly. "Shinx, use tackle!" Emerald shouted.

"Gligar, poison sting!" shouted the man. The poison barbs hit Shinx and slowed her down, but it sure didn't stop her. She slammed straight into Gligar making it fly back towards its trainer.

The trainer was beginning to get furious. "Gligar, use quick attack again and don't back down this time!" he shouted. Gligar began to zip down towards Shinx.

"Shinx, use leer again!" shouted Emerald. But Shinx didn't listen to Emerald's order. Instead, she ran straight to the wall and jumped on it. Then she kicked off and slammed straight into Gligar using a tackle attack. Shinx landed back on her feet while Gligar slammed into the opposite wall. It slid on the ground knocked out.

Emerald had just won the battle because Shinx failed to listen to him again. "Great job, Shinx!" he cheered. The man growled and faced the opposite direction. "Kid, you can forget about ever getting this tm. Good bye." He began to run away from the battle.

"Hey, get back here, you creep!" Emerald shouted. Shinx wasn't thrilled by the man's action either. She cried out and began to chase the man down. When she got close enough, Shinx leaped into the air and slammed the man right in the back. The large buff guy went down from Shinx's attack.

Emerald was in shock from Shinx's move. He shook his head and brought himself back to together. "Way to go again, Shinx! Way to bring down this huge guy!" Emerald yelled. He ran over to the knocked down guy. His head had slammed onto the cave floor, knocking him out. The tm was sticking out of his pocket.

"I take thaaat," Emerald said, sliding the tm out of the man's pocket. It slipped it into his own and continued to walk. Braden had run up to take the lead and Emerald followed him out the cave.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • @Pika: Good battle post.
    I still find it funny that you "stole" the tm after winning.
    Heh.

Anyhow.
    Eevee grew to level 10!

Shinx grew to level 8!

Oreburgh City!//.

First gym battle anyone?

Required Posts: anywhere from 2-4.
    Description: Oreburgh is a city in the region of Sinnoh. It is the location of one of Sinnoh's Gyms, led by Roark. It is here where trainers receive the Coalbadge, the first badge one can earn in the conquest of the Sinnoh region's Pokémon League. Oreburgh is a mining town blessed with significant natural resources. Oreburgh is home to the Oreburgh Mining Museum, as well as the Oreburgh Mine. The miners often take breaks in the Gym between the work shifts.

Places of interest:
    • Pokémon center
    • Pokémart
    • Gym
    Gym Leader: Roark

Pokemon:

Geodude

Level: 12
    Attacks: Tackle, Defence Curl
    Rock Throw, Stealth Rock

Onix

Level: 12
    Attacks: Bind, Harden,
    Rock Throw, Stealth Rock

Cranidos
    Level: 14
    Attacks: Headbutt, Leer, Focus Energy

Since his Pokemon are strong, I'd suggest battling with some of the people in the mine on your way to find him.
    Yes, he IS in the mine when you get there.
    SO GO FIND HIM. -nods-

When battling, take into effect your own Pokemon's levels, attacks, and capabilities.
    Even if you want to win, I wont be impressed if a level 6 Geodude takes down a level 14 Cranidos.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Emerald took his first step into Oreburgh City and the location of his first gym battle. He was moving quickly in case the big guy in the cave had woken up. Emerald may have been able to beat him in a pokemon battle, but he knew he wouldn't win in a fist fight.

Braden suggested resting up for the night at the pokemon center, so that is where the two headed first. At dinner, Emerald pulled up the silver disc and held it up, examining it. "So… what exactly does this thing teach to pokemon?" Emerald asked, waving the disc in the air.

"Give it to me…" Braden took it and looked over it for a few seconds. "It teaches Iron Tail, a steel attack," he announced. Emerald looked a little confused. "How could you tell?" he asked. Braden looked back at him awkwardly. "It says so on the disc, smart one," he responded.

Emerald's face lit up. "Steel has an advantage over rock!" he exclaimed. "This thing could save me! So how to I use it to teach a move?"

"Here, make Eevee come here," Braden ordered. Eevee was on the floor eating out of a dish full of food next to Aipom and Shinx. He heard his name and jumped up on the next next to Braden. His ears were perked up and he looked curiously at Braden, trying to figure out why his name was called.

Braden picked up Eevee and placed him on the table. "Now, watch," he said. He placed the disc on Eevee's head. The disc glowed and made some noise. Eevee stayed perfectly still for the whole process. Soon, the disc dimmed and Braden took it away from Eevee's head. "There, Eevee now knows Iron Tail."

Emerald grinned. "This is going to help a lot," he said. He patted his pokemon on the head before he jumped down to finish his meal. Braden watched Eevee then looked back at Emerald. "How 'bout we go to the mine tomorrow. There are many trainers that you can battle with to train Eevee and his Iron Tail," Braden suggested. Emerald opened his mouth for a second to protest, but then closed it again. He was planning on going to the gym first thing in the morning, but he knew that it wasn't smart to just walk in there unprepared.

Emerald walked up to the entrance of the mine first thing in the morning with Eevee at his side. He was ready to get this move down. Just for starters, he told Eevee to perform an iron tail on a large rock. Eevee's tail glowed for a second, but then dimmed. Emerald shrugged and then walked into the mines.

Emerald felt weird walking through the mines. He felt singled out being dressed in his trainer clothes and being only a kid, while these other guys were dressed in miner outfits with a pick in their hand. Emerald's ears were filled the noise of smacking rock as he walked down the mines.

Emerald saw a guy sitting down on the cavern floor with a coffee in his right hand and a pokemon who looked like a large boulder floating next to him. Emerald knew what this pokemon was since it was in Hoenn. This pokemon was a geodude, a rock type pokemon.

"Hey, you do want to spend your break battling me?" Emerald asked the sitting man. The man stood up and laughed. "Sure, I was hoping someone would ask. I'm surprised a kid would come down here to look for a battle."

The match began with Eevee on Emerald's side and Geodude on the miner's side. "Geodude, use tackle!" shouted the miner. Geodude came charging after Eevee.

"Eevee, attack with iron tail!" shouted Emerald. He had his fingers crossed, hoping the attack would work. Eevee leaped in the air and his tail began to glow. Both him and geodude slammed against each other and began to push up against each other. Soon, Eevee cracked and his tail dimmed. Geodude delivered its attack and made Eevee fly back into the wall.

"Okay, Geodude, use tackle again!" shouted the miner.

"Eevee, use sand attack then iron tail!" shouted Emerald. Eevee kicked sand at the upcoming Geodude making it stop its attack. Then Eevee leaped in the air and attempted his iron tail again. His tail glowed and managed to put a little damage on Geodude before his tail dimmed again.

"Alright, Eevee, it's getting better!" shouted Emerald. The man laughed. "Okay, Geodude, it's time to end this battle! Use rock throw! Completely bury that pokemon in rock!" Geodude clenced its hands and made flying rocks surround him. Then it shot the rocks straight for Eevee.

Emerald watched the rocks get closer and closer and knew of only one thing to do. It was risky, but he and Eevee had no other choice. "Eevee, use iron tail on the rocks!" Emerald shouted. Eevee leaped in the air with a glowing tail and slammed against the rocks. His tail sliced cleanly through the rocks. Eevee continued to go until he had sliced through every rock in his path. Then he finished the attack by slamming Geodude down into the floor. The battle was over.

"Great iron tail!" Emerald shouted. Eevee leaped into his arms. The miner just shrugged and looked at his watch. "Well, my break is over. Thanks for the match, kid." The miner walked off with his tools in his hand.

Braden then ran over to Emerald. "Knew I would you here!" he shouted. "Guess what? The gym leader was never in his gym at all! You would've wasted your time if you went there, but instead, your Eevee mastered a new move!" Emerald laughed and then headed for the exit of the mine to face his first gym leader.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • @Pika: Good battle post!
    Its interesting to see the progress of Eevee learning his new move, instead of you just thinking
    "H'ok, Eevee used a TM, so it mastered the move already!"

Eevee grew to level 13!
    Eevee learned Iron Tail!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Episode 10: Mitchell Lorenzo: The Ex-Ranger

Akira sighed as he went through the Oreburgh Gate, nothing was happening. All of the pokemon were sleeping or away, and no one was spotted for hours.

"Man, it's so boring, though I should count my blessings after that strange man." Said Akira, but then he heard something that sounded like drilling. No drilling was allowed in Oreburgh Gate at all, after all it is a main passing point for beginners.

"I wonder if this is going to be good or bad? Lets find out." Said Akira sarcastically as he walked over to the machine.

"Hey!" Yelled Akira to the person piloting the machine. But the person didn't listen and continued drilling. "HEY! GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF YOUR EARS AND LISTEN!!!!" This time the man heard the call and stopped.

"Sorry boy, but I'm doing something very important." Said the man as he went back up the ladder.

"You do know that drilling here is illegal, don't you?" Asked Akira to the man, but the man just kept climbing. Akira then threw a rock and knocked the man down.

"Hey kid, no one does that to me." Said the man pulling out a capture styler. "Yeah, I know that drilling here is illegal, but it's to better those foolish beginners. The man then saw a Geodude and used the styler to call for help. The Geodude responded and turned towards Akira.

"Geo dude!" Yelled Geodude as it tried to Tackle Akira, hut the boy was able to dodge and send out Piplup.

"Piplup, use Bubble!" Yelled Akira, and with that Piplup shot a lot of bubbles at Geodude, but the rock dodged it and used Rock Polish to increase its speed.

"Geo dug Gee!" Yelled Geodude as he curled himself up and started a Tackle.

"Piplup, dodge then use Bubble!" Yelled Akira. But thanks to Rock Polish, Piplup wasn't fast enough to dodge in time, and got hit hard. But Piplup used Bubble anyway, hurting Geodude badly.

Geodude was then freed from the man's control and dropped to the floor, hurt very badly.

"Piplup, use Bubble on the machine!" Yelled Akira. Piplup fired Bubble on the engine, making it explode, causing the man to be blown away a bit.

"Gaah, you little brat!" Yelled the man. "This isn't over, you will feel the wrath of Mitchell Lorenzo another day!" Mitchell then limped out of the cave. Akira looked at the Geodude and decided to help. With a weak toss, the pokeball enclosed over the Geodude and started shaking. Would Akira capture Geodude?

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Emerald decided to battle just a little more before going to visit Roark. He was confident in his pokemon's abilities, but still, it didn't hurt to practice. Emerald was working with Shinx now. Since she was an electric type, she didn't stand a chance against the rock pokemon (Even though Emerald bet she thought she did). Emerald wanted her as strong as possible so she could hold up against the gym leader's pokemon if she needed to.

Emerald looked around for another miner who was maybe on break. He finally did eventually find a miner sitting on the ground with a coffee in his hand.

"Hey, do you want to battle?" Emerald asked the sitting man. He nodded and stood up. "Hey, you that kid who beat my buddy, John, earlier, aren't you?" he asked.

"Uhh… I guess," responded Emerald. "If you are referring to another guy who sits down and drinks coffee on their break, then yeah."

The man laughed. "Kid, we all do that here. We dig in the mines, drink coffee, and sleep. I know you seem so interested in our work, but sadly you'll have to wait about another ten years."

"Yeah…" said Emerald. "Look, I just asked if you wanted to battle."

The man jumped to his feet. "Oh, yeah!" he exclaimed. "It's good to do something besides digging mines, drinking coffee, or sleeping!"

"Okay…" Emerald pulled out Shinx's pokeball and threw it out on the field. His somewhat arrogant pokemon appeared. The man called on a zubat.

"Shinx, use tackle!" ordered Emerald. Shinx rushed forward towards Zubat.

"Ha ha, Zubat, use supersonic!" shouted the miner. The bat pokemon shot out sound waves that filled the whole cave with noise. "What- is- that- attack?!" Emerald said through gritted teeth. Shinx managed to hold up against the attack. She let her eyes glow, making the Zubat frightened and stop its attack. Then she continued with her tackle attack, slamming into the zubat.

"What!" shouted the miner. Emerald grinned. His pokemon battled on her own order and it turned out for the best again. The miner held up his hand. "Zubat, use astonish!" shouted the miner. Zubat came towards Shinx and attacked her. Shinx stayed perfectly still, stunned from the attack. Zubat then came forward and used bite making Shinx fall down to the ground.

What Shinx did next sent chills down Emerald. She snapped her eyes open and stood up slowly. Then, sending a glaring look at Zubat, she sent out a shout that shocked Emerald and made the miner jump.

"What the!" shouted the miner.

Emerald laughed slightly. Shinx was really ticked at Zubat and was wanting revenge bad. She was not the losing type of pokemon. "Shinx, use tackle!" shouted Emerald. Shinx sped forward towards Zubat.

"Zu- Zubat, use astonish!" shouted the miner. He looked at Shinx nervously as he spoke. Zubat attempted to attack, but Shinx leaped in the air to dodge and then slammed back down on Zubat to finish the battle.

The man quickly recalled Zubat and pretended to look at watch. "Oh, look, my lunch break is over. Gotta go!" The man rushed off without hesitation. Emerald laughed and decided that Shinx was ready for a gym match. He found the exit of the mine and headed towards the Oreburgh Gym.

OOC: Last post I said I was leaving the cave but that was before I saw the post amount that we were allowed to have. I thought we were only allowed to post twice.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Rustboro City: Stupid Gym Leader

Entering Rustboro City, Lucius' first objective was heal up and head to the local gym. Lucius had thought that if he had earned some sort of Pokemon League prize that his family would be more accepting of his random and sudden leave from the home. At least that was his hopes and dreams speaking. Entering the center, the line to get healed was fairly long though it wasn't completely ridiculous. A hour or so passed and Lucius was finished healing and resting. Buizel seemed to be full of energy and Psyduck just sat looking confused and caressing his massive head. After some preparations and smacks across the face to wake himself up, Lucius stumbled out of the center and headed directly to the gym. Rustboro was a pretty unattractive city, which would deem it last place in any sort of beauty contest. With brown rocks and debris everywhere, the city was clearly a mining outpost so plenty of Scottish and Irish Hikers dotted the complex. Upon his arrival at the gym, a gathering of trainers placed themselves outside the Gym's doors. Lucius didn't bother joining in, but rather listened in on there complaints.

"The Leader isn't here!"

"Where could the guy run off to?"

"What a wimp!"

"This is @#&&$%#@!"

Lucius was shocked at the impatience and lack of respect the trainers held for the Gym Leader. Certainly the prospect of no Gym Leader caused some morale damage and anger in Lucius but extra training and patience would reward him in the end. Pacing around the mining city, Lucius had heard rumors of a cavern in the city. Figuring the structure would be similar to the cave he traversed to get here, the prospect of wild Pokemon seemed for the first time promising. Psyduck could use training and Buizel needed a warm up for the Gym Leader. Entering the cave, he had noticed it was fairly dark, but well placed torches keep a suitable amount of light throughout the cave. Occasional pockets of shadows placed themselves throughout the cave, but they didn't bother him. "Aye, lad. What you be doing in a place like this?" The hiker from earlier had appeared, looking as mighty as before.

"Well, I am seeking training for my future Gym Leader." Lucius replied in a kind-hearted tone.

"Aye, Roark. He be a good trainer. Well, boyo I am mighty tired and bored of all this hiking so how about a battle to keep my soul awake?" Lucius didn't bother talking, but nodded, leaping back in order to establish a small field of battle. The Hiker released his first pokeball which revealed a Zubat upon the lights dimming. Psyduck was called from Lucius as the useless little duck needed some training. "Zubat! Use some supersonic to confuse the duck." The Hiker ordered. Psyduck, acting out of instinct, retreated behind a rock which blocked most of the sound-waves. Psyduck, in anger, charged forward holding his head like a crazy man and scratched the Zubat's small body, causing the bat to crash to the ground. The Zubat freed itself from Psyduck's clutches and returned to the air, preparing to latch on to Psyduck for a Leech Life which was aided by the duck's lack of awareness. Biting down on Psyduck's lower biology, the bat began to drain the life out of Psyduck. Acting this time in extreme pain, Psyduck began to flail around in insanity dragging the Zubat with him. Running around the narrow cavern, Zubat's body clashed with several rocks, prompting a release from Psyduck's body. In response to the Leech Life, Psyduck scratched the Zubat several times before the Hiker recalled his Pokemon.

"Nice Job Psyduck. I want to see more of that, but return." Lucius encouraged before turning to Buizel. "You are up. Ready?" Buizel nodded and charged forward, prepared for the next Pokemon in the Hiker's party. Suddenly a thrown ball released a floating rock, a Geodude. Buizel did not seem worried, as if he knew he had a type advantage. The Hiker stared at the weasel nervously, while Lucius looked confused. With great speed and force, Buizel charged up and unleashed a torrent of water upon the Geodude. The Water Gun appeared to look like more an overflow of a river due to sheer volume and force the attack was given. Geodude, unable to react fast enough, was launched back into the wall despite trying to guard himself from the deadly Water barrage. After several moments of constant and brutal attacking, Buizel ended his water fury which allowed Geodude to emerge. The floating rock was nearly eroded and appeared to look more like a floating piece of mud. The rock was forced by gravity and pain to crash to earth in defeat. The hiker recalled his Pokemon and looked at Lucius.

"Aye, Roark be in this cave. I believe you could defeat rather quickly, especially with that little monster." He stated pointing at Buizel. Lucius bowed and journeyed forth, deeper into the cave.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • @Rubii: Good post,
    Which means that...

You've caught a level 6 male geodude. (Please update your trainer card then post it in the OOC thread)

Piplup grew to level 12!
    Piplup learned Water Sport!

@Pika: Lol, again, good post. xD
    They always have some humor in them, which amuses me. :3

Shinx grew to level 10!
    Shinx learned Charge!

@Plan B/Christian: I must say your posts are always amusing.
    I especially loved the little kid who swore at the gym.. (No really, I laughed)

This being said,
    Psyduck grew to level 10!
    Psyduck learned Water Gun!

Buizel grew to level 14!

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Episode 11: Oreburgh City: The City of the 1st Gym!

The ball stopped shaking signalling that Geodude was caught. "Heh, I got a Geodude. Yet another pokemon to help." Said Akira as he exited Oreburgh Gate. Geodude would be fine as he was in the pokeball in chryogenic sleep.

But before Akira got to the pokemon center he saw Emerald and Lucius go into the Oreburgh Mines. "Hmm... I have to check it out when I'm done healing my pokemon." Said Akira entering the pokemon center.

"Hello young trainer." Said Nurse Joy seeing Akira walk in. "Do you need a room, or to heal your pokemon?" Akira walked up to Nurse Joy and said.

"I need both, if you don't mind." Said Akira as he showed Joy his pokedex info.

"Yep, everything checks out. Now return this card before you leave or else you'll get fined 10,000 poke." Said Joy as she took the pokemon to the back. A few minutes later Joy came back with the pokemon. "Here you go, oh and the cerfew's eleven o' clock so be here before then." Akira nodded before heading out towards the museum.

"Hmm..." Said Akira before going into the museum. As soon as he got into the museum, Mitchell Lorenzo was standing there looking at the fossils. "M-Mitchell?! What are you doing here?!" Asked Akira, but Mitchell just laughed.

"I'm here because I love museums, it's like a gateway to the past with all of the stuff they have here." Said Mitchell as he walked towards the ancient gauntlets from the 15th Century. "These gauntlets were used by the old King and Queen of Sinnoh back in 1445-1453."

"Okay, okay. Don't say anything more, just go back to what you were doing." Said Akira as he quietly cut a hole in the glass with the fossils. Akira quietly took one and paced the glass cuter in Mitchell's pocket. At this point the guards were almost there, so Akira put the fossil in his bag and walked away. As soon as he got out, Akira sighed and went into the Mines to train his pokemon before Roark.

With Mitchell...

Mitchell walked out of the museum whistling. Being an ex- ranger had it's advantages. Inside the museum you can see the guards unconscious with their pokemon confused on what happened.

(ooc: The next post will be longer, and with a battle against a miner. Oh, and if I can't keep the fossil, then I have a way to make him lose it in the mines.)

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
    Years
  • @Rubii: Oo, theft eh?
    Quite interesting.
    And no, I dont mind if you keep the fossel, so feel free.
    o3o
    As long as you can tell me what type it is, so I can edit it into your profile.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Emerald got Eevee and Shinx healed at the Pokemon Center again before heading to the gym. As he approached the gym doors, he took a deep breath from being nervous. This was his first gym battle and step in proving to his family that he was the best.

Braden was right behind Emerald. He had come to support Emerald, but Emerald found him as another excuse to be nervous. If he got creamed, then Braden would see the whole thing. But Emerald had kept his mouth shut and let him come. He decided that he just needed to win his battle. Besides, he didn't come to lose.

Emerald stepped inside the gym after mustering up enough courage. He stepped inside a large building with an amazing battle field inside of it covered with rocks sticking out of the ground. Across the gym floor was a trainer with long red hair and glasses on. He had a miner's hat on his head.

"Ah, a challenger," said Roark. "Is this the boy you were talking about, Braden?"

"Yes, he has come to challenge you for a gym badge," responded Braden. Emerald looked at him confused. "Roark and I are good buddies. I ran into him in the cave and told him that you were trying to earn gym badges," Braden muttered in his ear.

"When did you guys even met?" Emerald asked.

Braden laughed slightly. "I told ya already, I know this region well and have traveled around it many times." Emerald just looked at him for a second before turning back around. Roark was more important at the moment.

"Well, anyway, let's start," said Roark. He threw a ball out on the field and a Geodude appeared. Emerald held out his pokeball and looked at it for a second. Inside the ball was an Eevee. Emerald knew that he was his only hope for winning. If Eevee went down, then Emerald knew he would lose. Shinx was strong, but not strong enough to take down a rock pokemon.

"Go, Eevee!" shouted Emerald. His cute evolutionary pokemon appeared on the field.

"Geodude, use tackle!" shouted Roark. Geodude charged towards Eevee.

"Eevee, use sand-attack. Make Geodude miss!" shouted Emerald. Eevee leaped forward and dug his feet into the ground making a spray of gym dirt hit Geodude right on the face. Geodude missed Eevee and slammed straight into the wall.

"Geodude, don't make that stop you!" Roark shouted.

"Eevee, use iron tail!" Emerald shouted quickly. Eevee's tail glowed and he slammed straight into Geodude while he was still recovering. It floated over to Roark's side crying in pain. "Now, Eevee, finish it off with another iron tail!" Eevee made his tail glow once again and came charging after Geodude.

"Geodude, use defense curl!" shouted Roark. Geodude curled up in a ball and formed a defensive looking shield around it. Eevee slammed against it and was trying to break through it as hard as he could. But the defense was too strong and Eevee's tail dimmed. Geodude counterattacked by punching Eevee, making it fly back. "Now, Geodude, finish this pokemon with tackle!" commanded Roark. Geodude came charging forward to deliver the final blow.

As Emerald watched the pokemon get closer, he remembered the battle he had with Braden and remembered the tail stragedy they had both used. He knew how to deflect Geodude's attack. "Eevee, use your tail to spring Geodude backwards!" Emerald shouted. Eevee nodded and flipped backwards to where he was facing Emerald. Eevee let Geodude slam into his tail and they both slid back across the dirt floor. Eevee dug his feet into the ground and slowly sucked in his tail. Then, after it was completely folded in, Eevee shot it forward like a spring to send Geodude flying.

Emerald didn't hesitate. "Eevee, use one last iron tail!" he shouted. Eevee leaped in the air with his tail glowing and slammed right into Geodude. The attack KO'd Geodude and it collapsed on the ground.

Roark recalled his pokemon and laughed at Emerald. "I congratulate you on beating my first pokemon, but that was round one. Can you handle- this?!" Roark threw a pokeball out on the field and a pokemon that looked like a large snake made of rocks appeared- an Onix.

Emerald nodded and recalled Eevee and sent out Shinx. The next round was about to start.

To be continued...

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Rustboro City: About Time

Lucius' quest in the mines was rather short as they were not fully travelled. Despite this, the cave was still dark, damp, and cold. They didn't take much time to make this cave very comfortable, Lucius thought. Fighting against his compliments and better judgement, Lucius ventured forth until he hit a dead end. Other than a singular human and a small set of mining tools, the dead end was empty. The human was a young man, probably a few years older than Lucius. Dressed in mining gear including thick glasses and a dorky hard hat, the man was certainly oddly placed. Lucius stared at his kind appearance a bit shocked at the prospect of a geek miner.

"Can I help you?" asked the man as he glanced quickly over to Lucius and Buizel. Lucius turned to his weasel Pokemon who even looked amused at the nerdy worker.

"I am looking for the Gym Leader of Rustboro City. I heard tales that he would be within this fine mine." Lucius held in a disrespectful smirk in order to seem polite.

"Well, I guess you had some good luck of finding me." Lucius looked into the eyes of the working miner as he uttered the final words of his reply. "I am the Gym Leader. You may call me Roark." He finished tipping up his hard hat. Lucius was shocked that the young man was in fact the Gym Leader. Personally, he had expected a Veteran Trainer who had held years of experience training and battling Pokemon. "Well considering that you came all the way here seeking a challenge I better head back to the Gym and accept all those eager challenges. Meet me there." Roark packed up his gear and left the mine in a hurry. Lucius paused for a few moments before heading out himself.

OOC: And with that, Roark should be in the gym for everyone else to fight, except Gold who is already beating up Roark.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • OoC: Sorry about delaying my posts, I've just been really busy lately.

Route 203, Part 2

One shake, two shakes..The light dimmed. Abra was caught!

"I caught...An Abra!!!!" Jacob shouted.

Excited with his new Abra, he decided to test it on a trainer.

"Hey kid, wanna have a 3 on 3 battle?" Jacob asked.

"Sure," He responded. "Go Kricketot!!!"

In the familiar light, a cricket appeared. Jacob raised his Pokedex.

"Kricketot, the Cricket Pokemon. It shakes its head back to front, causing its antennae to hit each other and sound like a xylophone."

"A bug type eh?" Jacob thought. "Go Starly!"

On Jacob's command, Starly rushed into Kricketot, landing a direct hit.

"Get up and use Bide Kricketot!" The kid shouted.

Jacob had no clue what bide did, so he decided to use Growl attack, just for safe keeping. Realizing that it absorbed attacks that hit the user, the attack did nothing.

"Grrr, you figured out that atta-" The kid started.

Starly Tackled once more under Jacob's command, knocking Kricketot out.

"Great job Kricketot, retur. Come on out Shinx!"

Jacob, knowing about Shinx and that it's an electric type, sent out Pikachu.

Pikachu started with a Thundershock attack, which did very little to Shinx. Shinx charged Pikachu, who was knocked out in one hit.

"No Pikachu!!! Return....Go Abra!"

Remembering Abra's techniques from when he caught it, he used Teleport before Shinx's Tackle hit, then used Confusion to pick it up and ram it into a tree. Shinx was taken out in one blow.

"Return Shinx. Go Bidoof!"

Repeating the same strategy, Abra came out unscratched.

"Good battle kid, now go cry to your mommy!" Jacob said jokingly.

"Yeah, bite me," replied the kid.

Jacob walked away and though, "Yeah, I deserved that."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back