• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angel Beats!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I cried like a little girl. It was one of the best anime I have ever seen. I cried so much while watching this entire series, the most I cried while watching any Anime. The ending was perfect, just perfect. I'm going to e thinking about the ending the whole day. This is one of my Top Ten Top Five favorite anime. I would also like to thank Andy for introducing me to the Anime.

Angel Beats is amazing.

Years
  • The ending was better than I expected: poignant, cute, and it feels like everything's resolved. To be honest, I didn't expect much since Key isn't known for having great finales. I couldn't find myself crying at all over the course of this series, unfortunately. Jun Maeda's previous two stories (Kanon and Clannad) already built too strong of an emotional wall for Angel Beats to penetrate.
    I reserve my judgment that the series is one of the most rushed I've seen to date. Everything was fast and convoluted up until the final episode.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Excuse me while I cry like a little girl the rest of the night and anticipate the release of that ending song. ;.;

But... it was everything I hoped the ending would be! ;.;

Just a question-Where would you download the song?

I love all the songs from Angel Beats. xD

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm not gonna cry that the series ended, and the ending was perfect... I'm not gonna cry...

WAAAAAAH~!

Anyways, that was a perfectly great ending. It was sad, and happy. But it was nice to know that Otonashi was able disappear. Also...

Spoiler:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I think this is the first anime ever I've gotten a prediction right on. I'm so bad at predicting ends.

Sometime around 2/3 of the way through the series, I was like
    Spoiler:
    There was something that led me to think this, I can't remember exactly what.

I had about fifty other theories that were all wrong, though, so I guess I can't claim total victory.

One thing that completely reversed throughout the series was my opinion of Kanade. At first I couldn't understand why everyone was so obsessed with her; she was too distant and cold for my tastes. But she really changed through the series; probably moreso than any other character. By the end, she was my favorite character (next to TK).

The ending was really good, but the first part dragged on for like 16 minutes and was kind of cheesy (though that was the point, I think), and I ended up wondering to myself when something was actually going to happen (as I figured I might last episode when most of the plot was resolved). I can't give the series or even the last episode a 10/10 despite how much I liked the last eight minutes. In my book, this series gets an 8/10. Still, it was a great journey and it was fun to discuss it as it aired. Hopefully we'll get some discussion like this on the next good series. <3

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Just a question-Where would you download the song?

I love all the songs from Angel Beats. xD

The version of the song played in episode 10 can be found on the new GirlDeMo album that just went up. You can also find the full version of Yui's My Soul, Your Beats on it.

The album name is called "Keep the Beats" by Girls Dead Monster.

Last edited:

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    kanade stole his heart
    Spoiler:

hehe

Spoiler:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I just can't stop watching That last episode. Even if I do; I still cry at the end of it. :<
    That also had the same effect with episode 10 that was emotional too. Only if they made more animes like this.

I also could of sense Otonashi had those kind of feelings for Kanade.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    So, I ignored this series when it first came out, and before I know it, it's over.

On the one hand, there's lots and lots of guns, including some of my personal favorites; the SSS has a nice inventory of sniper rifles (Heckler & Koch PSG-1, M14 DMR, IMI Galil Sniper, and yes, even the Chey-Tac Intervention), TK has pretty good taste in guns (LAR Grizzly, Browning Hi-Power, and PP-19 Bizon), and I certainly commend Ooyama for picking the SIG-Sauer P226 as his sidearm. On the other hand, Yurippe's a Haruhi lookalike with poor taste in guns; she must have seen too many John Woo films back when she was still in the world of the living (did the slide of her Beretta 92 ever spontaneously detach and hit her in the jaw?), and she probably only picked the Chey-Tac Intervention because she saw Mark Wahlberg use it in Shooter or she used it in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or some other kind of nonsense. Also, the SSS's idea of logistics essentially boils down to "bring your own gun, buy your own ammo, and do your own maintenance," though that's perfectly understandable given that they're criminals and terrorists instead of a proper military outfit. Yes, I actually went to the IMFDB to check everything out. Stop looking at me like that.

I'll probably have to sit down and watch the entire series from beginning to end in order to finally make up my mind about it, but that most likely won't be anytime soon. If it's as good as the general consensus says it is, well...

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Last episode: Yuri's emotion felt too forced. Totally felt it when Otonashi/Hinata (can't remember) commented on her newfound 'girliness'. I liked before, during her Little Miss Badass moments. I really got my hopes up when Otonashi said that he and Kanade could stay and guide people in that world later in the episode. Then it became sad. /feeds off people's misery

The last part (where Otonashi and Kanade are in a normal world) felt kind of cliché. Still, it was a nice touch. I think that this series would've definitely improved with more than 13 episodes.

Needs moar TK. And why did they kill Yui off so early. D:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ^ I thought Yuri's emotion was pretty forced too. It kind of came out of nowhere, which I suppose was the point, but it felt too unnatural. :/ Also did I miss something? Where did her obsession with becoming Kanade's friend come from?

And what was with that subplot with the person turning themselves into an NPC because the person they loved moved on or something? Did I miss some closure there too? 'Cause I didn't understand the point in bringing that up if they weren't gonna find that person and set him free or something in the last ep. :(

Also the entire series confuses me. What was the point? Each episode was good on its own, and I liked when they started the subplot of trying to get every member to move on, but they stopped it abruptly with the random shadow stuff. :( If they'd stretched it into a 26-episode anime, maybe they could've fleshed out episodes for each person finding closure, which would've been awesome. So many characters were left very flat because they had no real chances to shine. (TK is the prime example, imo. What was his story? D: He always amused me and I wanted him to be my favourite character but he had no character besides randomly being weird and spouting English lyrics.) I was just so, so disappointed that in the last episode, they pretty much just said "Oh yeah, everyone left already." But how!? If it was so easy for them to up and accept their deaths, how come it took a whole episode for Yui to accept hers and accomplish all her dreams? How did they do it with Shadows everywhere? How did whats-his-face come back from being an NPC? Just. fffffff.

But back to what I was saying... I really fail to see the plot that strings everything together. I thought it was gonna be their fight against Tenshi but that plot ended halfway through when Kanade became "one of them" to some extent. Then I figured it might be about Otonashi's lost memory but, again, it resurfaced and kind of stopped being important. Naoi lasted one whole episode as a good antagonist (and I was v. disappointed with how suddenly he came around and was accepted by the group), so he wasn't much of a plot starter. Tenshi clones lasted... two episodes and then disappeared again? As mentioned, the "find everyone their peace" plot lasted an episode or two. Shadows, one episode. (Or was that two?) And then the last episode was kind of... idk, tying up loose ends. Not really plot.

If it were just a slice of life sort of anime, I'd be fine with the one or two episode long plot arcs but this series just had so much potential to be so much more and it just... didn't. Guys, at the risk of being lynched, I am very disappointed. :/ I watched this all the way through and the more I think about the anime, the more I start to dislike it. *sigh*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    So apparently there's a special, DVD-only episode to be released in...late December. Since we have a true ending already, I wonder what they're going to show.
    I saw that on MAL. I can't wait for it to show though haha. Hopefully its going to be interesting :3

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • So apparently there's a special, DVD-only episode to be released in...late December. Since we have a true ending already, I wonder what they're going to show.
    Hopefully it's dedicated entirely to TK's backstory. That'd be awesome.

Also, is your avatar Noel? I can't tell, but there's a resemblance. SnW was a good series, despite everyone else dropping it after the first episode. ;_;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So multiple people here cried over the ending, the characters / designs are awesome, and 'My Soul, Your Beats' is.. honestly, highly addicting. ;w; ...I have to at least give this series a go.

Which I will do later on tonight when I have time, and with any luck I'll be coming back to this thread. xD;

At first all I heard was some pretty negative stuff about this series, so I stayed away from it.. Should've found/read through this thread earlier though, it might've swayed my opinion sooner.

Edit:

D: ...I can't stop listening to song long enough to watch the series. =w=
    I mean, I could, but it would almost be physically painful.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • So multiple people here cried over the ending, the characters / designs are awesome, and 'My Soul, Your Beats' is.. honestly, highly addicting. ;w; ...I have to at least give this series a go.

Which I will do later on tonight when I have time, and with any luck I'll be coming back to this thread. xD;

At first all I heard was some pretty negative stuff about this series, so I stayed away from it.. Should've found/read through this thread earlier though, it might've swayed my opinion sooner.

Edit:

D: ...I can't stop listening to song long enough to watch the series. =w=
    I mean, I could, but it would almost be physically painful.
    Then listen to this to get the opening out of your head (and off whatever player you're playing it on).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRWi8-9N0s
    XD

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ohgod, that one is awesome too.. D;

The music in this series is so great. ; ;

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I love the Brave song right at the end, but nothing beats the introduction to the anime :D

I also had a feeling that Kanade was Otonashi's sister, because when he says about his life in episode 7; he said the only thing that kept his life meaningful was his sisters thank you's and in the last episode when he
    was telling Kanade his feelings for her she kept replying with Thank you.

Back