• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Anime] Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • ^ Don't know if you noticed, but wrong quote mentioned... ^

AdvancedK47 said:
    Don't be! >__> I meant that as a metaphor to swoop you away from your single-hood. Looks like that's never gonna happen now XP[/quote[

Hey man don't be cheatin'.

Girls naturally shouldn't be oblivious to love affairs. It's the guys who have more struggles (and they're slow).

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Haha yeah, Dawn fangirling Gary was randomly funny, although his poems (don't think they were even haikus in the dub?) were horrible in English

I think Jorah's talked to me long enough to get what "All American" is XD

Dawn was a so-so in that. Other wise: ¯\(º_o)/¯

XDD

Blue_Drifblim <3

Girls naturally shouldn't be oblivious to love affairs. It's the guys who have more struggles (and they're slow).

Girls naturally shouldn't be oblivious and guys naturally should? This isn't just pop-psychology again, is it? Jumped on this one because it's about a real life generalisation rather than talking about the anime

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't mean to suddenly jump in, but what about cavaliershipping (garyxdawn)? She really seems to like Gary.

Actually, that's sort of a fangirl situation. If a stupid girl is nuts for Justin Beaver, she likes him and wants to marry him and that crap. But let's be honest, it can't be anything serious at all.

Haha yeah, Dawn fangirling Gary was randomly funny, although his poems (don't think they were even haikus in the dub?) were horrible in English

They were Poems?
    XDD

Blue_Drifblim <3

Girls naturally shouldn't be oblivious and guys naturally should? This isn't just pop-psychology again, is it? Jumped on this one because it's about a real life generalisation rather than talking about the anime
    XDDD

That's Blue Dr. Fly to you, missy

In the real life I know, 10 year old guys cause so much drama when it comes to girls >__> </brotherrant>

Oh, btw, 210 reply~ Gonna be a while before 211?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • /Steps in

Guys, guys, guys! Soooo, on the start of the New Year, this thread is coming down, and a new one is being put up. I talked about this with Kirbychu too and he's fine with the notion. We're thinking one of you guys can make it (first come, first serve by the start of the new year), but whoever does make it, try and make it look professional, but not overly formal.

By the way, I'm fine with you guys speaking off-topic in your post, but something in there has to relate to shipping debates. And no, having the word "Shipping" does not pass. u_u

The new thread will be more effective on that rule too.

That, and we're going to be more welcoming to new shippers, so that way this thread isn't just the same 6 or 7 people "debating." :] So, as a side topic, you guys can consider things on how to improve Shipping Debates and its discussions for the new thread of the new year.

...and Vernikova, glad to know you believe you cared so much more than the others or myself after comparing all the work I put into reshaping this forum when really I only modded here for less than two weeks, but I still continued to work on it. That's not important on who did it to me though, but the fact that the section is developing and Kirbychu is working on improving it even further.

OMG! I'm going astray. Onto SHIPPING DEBATES!

Gary x Dawn doesn't seem like that big of a shipping. I mean, I'm sure there are some who support it after Dawn had that fangirl moment towards him, but it wasn't something continuous to say the shipping would grow compared to others imo.

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Wut? >__> I honestly think this thread should go on like 5 more years like the last Shipping Debates. We're not DCC or TCTI, we don't exactly need to refresh every year and season XD

But of course, I'll resort to editing the first post to the needs if necessary.

Still, feels like a bit of the spirit is being killed already XP

Gary x Dawn doesn't seem like that big of a shipping. I mean, I'm sure there are some who support it after Dawn had that fangirl moment towards him, but it wasn't something continuous to say the shipping would grow compared to others imo.

Right. But it's still a decent ship to support if you have high hopes, that's for sure XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Improving shipping discussions is hard to do...depends on the person who's talking about them.

So how's Negaishipping going lately? What has Iris done this episode? Rather, what has Ash done to "impress" Iris?

Kynn Master

Ice/Water-type pokémon master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    Improving shipping discussions is hard to do...depends on the person who's talking about them.

So how's Negaishipping going lately? What has Iris done this episode? Rather, what has Ash done to "impress" Iris?

The last episode had nothing, but the 11th episode was so WishfulShipping...i don't like it ¬¬, Dent make a cute shipping with Daisy, two flamboyants

I think NegaiShipping will grow when Ash will battle Shaga. I have two predictions:

1. Shaga will get disappointed with Ash, thinking that he's nothing that strong, then Iris will reply saying that Ash is a strong trainer and a good opponent. Shaga still won't battle, then Iris will have no choice but to fight Ash (even against her will, thinking that Shaga should be in her place), Ash wil win and she returns to get mad at him.

2. Shaga will battle battle Ash. When they are arriving to the gym Iris starts to tease Ash saying that he is not that strong and will loose to Shaga, in the battle she will cheer for Shaga, then Ash wins and she will start to grow some feelings for her (don't know where I got this XP). or...

2.1. Same as number 2(Iris teasing Ash[as aways]), but this time she didn't know how to cheer, she then realizes that she must cheer to Ash. (I have the feeling that I already saw that).

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hmm... I see it good that you tend to think ahead, Kynn Master.

But I do sort of wonder how exactly Iris and Shaga are related. You'd hope it'd be something critical for the shipping. But they'll probably end up not knowing each other and Shaga will just be an excuse for Iris to be Ash's travel partner >__>

Unfortunately, No Negaishipping hints right now. Meh, there's enough to ride on in the early episodes either way.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    she will start to grow some feelings for her
    Error

Pffftt...

Anyways...
    But I do sort of wonder how exactly Iris and Shaga are related.
    Theres nothing that i've seen in the games pointing to a relation, I don't think they are. Its just said that he's the mayor of the city. I could be wrong though, I've only played translations.
    In the sugimori artwork he looks white too sooo...

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    There was no Negaishipping in the latest episode, and Dento and Iris are showing signs of getting shafted already.

Also, what?

Spoiler:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Shaga reminds me of Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi. No lie.

Wait, what's wrong with Sugimori's Iris art? Too flat-chested?

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    There was no Negaishipping in the latest episode, and Dento and Iris are showing signs of getting shafted already.

Also, what?

Spoiler:

What, did you prefer I was the official leader? >__>

Shaga reminds me of Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi. No lie.

Wait, what's wrong with Sugimori's Iris art? Too flat-chested?

WTF no! Actually,
    1. She looks too young... which yes, technically supersets her being flat >_<
    2. She's too revealing. Did you not compare that art with the anime art?
    3. It's over all too weird! Supported by reasons 1 and 2.

Sugimori sure had to blow this generation >__>

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    Hi,

I'm new to this, but I honestly hoped to see a little Ash x Cynthia at some point, but it seems it was never meant to be.

I kind of liked how they did Ash x Dawn, but then it seemed more like a brother-sister thing in the later episodes.

It always seems that way for Ash, in the beginning the new girl likes him, out comes mysterious new rival, Drew, Kenny, and they fall for that person and Ash becomes like a sibling to them.

:)

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hi,

I'm new to this, but I honestly hoped to see a little Ash x Cynthia at some point, but it seems it was never meant to be.

I kind of liked how they did Ash x Dawn, but then it seemed more like a brother-sister thing in the later episodes.

It always seems that way for Ash, in the beginning the new girl likes him, out comes mysterious new rival, Drew, Kenny, and they fall for that person and Ash becomes like a sibling to them.

:)

Ah, welcome to the madness, Jnottle.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to rebute your last paragraph. The only case when that would sort of apply would be for May and Drew, but Drew wasnt even Ash's rival. Misty never felt for Gary not Ritchie, and as just witnessed, Dawn rejected Kenny.

I'd rather this series be the last and have Negaishipping cannon rather than have more mindscrew >__>

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    After watching a few episodes, I have a good feeling about Ash x Iris, he hasn't destroyed a bike of hers... nuff said.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • ^ That's because she prefers climbing vines over riding bikes. Pikachu HAS, though, zapped her because she was struggling him, if that counts.

I can't wait to see Bel in the show! She looks okay, but what I want to know is if she sounds okay (as in seiyuu/voice actor). And does anyone think Ash x Bel works? xD;;;

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ^ That's because she prefers climbing vines over riding bikes. Pikachu HAS, though, zapped her because she was struggling him, if that counts.

I can't wait to see Bel in the show! She looks okay, but what I want to know is if she sounds okay (as in seiyuu/voice actor). And does anyone think Ash x Bel works? xD;;;

Obviously, that's a sign of love. XP

Let's see... Shipping a dumb blonde and Ash Ketchum...

umm... dudes... THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT SENTENCE!

They're perfect for each other XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • AdvancedK47 said:
    WTF no! Actually,

1. She looks too young... which yes, technically supersets her being flat >_<
    2. She's too revealing. Did you not compare that art with the anime art?
    3. It's over all too weird! Supported by reasons 1 and 2.

I brought it up cause it's true, we're due for another May-type character. She's the only one who tagged along with Ash with significant boobage.

Revealing? After Dawn's legs, a little girl like Iris turns you on? o_O

and as just witnessed, Dawn rejected Kenny.

Except the whole "P.S. You looked handsome with your battle with Ash" line that befuddled the heck out of people. Particularly me.

I'd rather this series be the last and have Negaishipping cannon rather than have more mindscrew >__>

I choose the latter over the former, actually. Looks more like Negayshipping.

Tachibana Azumi said:

Forget Belle, where's the man in your sig? He's the main reason why there is a Generation V. What's happening to TR should've been done 10 years ago. I want to see N cry like a little girl.

You can ship the Sinnoh champion, you can surely ship the Unova champion as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back