• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any friends at school who are interested in Pokemon?

Have any friends at school who like Pokemon ?

• Yes

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • No </3

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • I Do - but they don't like to talk about it at school

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
Years
  • It's only me and a few friends who keep the poor old fad alive, but I caught a new kid playing Mystery Dungeon and I had a crowd around me last year when I was playing Diamond. We still have plenty of "Pokemon is gay!" kids, but we ignore them. Oh, and our current Japanese teacher vaguely knows of "Pocket Monsters". She's not very good at drawing Pikachu and I once went into a Pokemon-related info rant when she inquired about them. Thankfully, I wasn't teased. I'm only criticised for drawing Mr. Saturns on the whiteboard now...

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
  • I'm at University now, and tbh, no-one really says anything. They're all...grown up now, more "mature".

I however, regardless of the situation, will vouch my love for Pokemon whenever the need rises. Noone bothers me, but if I get bugged about it anywhere, I'll give them what for.

I'm not childish, gay, stupid.

Believe it you non-believers - Pokemon fans, lovers, DO have a life.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I like it, but keep it quiet, only one of my friends like it though :/

Gars129

Is now focused on other things
    Years
  • I started liking Pokemon when everyone else started "hating it", the Adv. gen, cause all of my friends had it, then started ignoring it after a while, though i became more obsessed by it. When DP went they started liking it again for a while. A few days ago me and a classmate were alone at recess and he wanted to play, probably remembering the days when he liked pokemon (yeah, he's most likely the type who only knows the original 151).

In my school there's a guy who is obsessed with Sonic, like me with pokemon.

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
    Years
  • I have 1 Friend but hes even lost intrest but there is this 1 kid who sits and randomly burst out wob-wob-wobbafet LOl

Heres How A convo Would Go

Me:Hi I liKe Mudkipz
    Other(chavs/neds/Badasses Who will Turn Out to be nothing):omfg dude thats not kool you (F)ing Sado Get Out

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • We have our own custom "geek club" that plays it shamelessly. Sometimes I sneak over and watch them play. Wouldn't call any friends though. =P Otherwise, aside from people trying to make it into a retro fad, pokemon interest is practically nil in this sad little town's culture. =[

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I did have some friends who liked Pokemon back when I was in Public School...

Me: *Drawing May in Math Class*
    Teacher: Nice Drawing *holds it up*
    *Later*
    Zack: Can you draw me Ash?

Oh yeah, and one day he wore a slightly faded Mach/op/oke/champ Tshirt... Clearly he likes/used to like Pokemon.

This other dude was actually playing Ruby on the bus:
    *Guy's DS was tilted slightly*
    Me: *Sees a Swampert* Izzat a Swampert? You mean, people still play this? COOL.

And then there was my friend Annie.....
    *Intruder Alert Drill*
    *Five minutes later*
    Me: This is stupid... *Draws a Pikachuu*
    Annie: *sees it* Is that a Pikachu?
    Me: Uh... Maybe...
    Annie: Can you draw me an Eevee?

yeah, Zack and Annie kept bugging me for drawings of diff Pokemon.... and Dustin and I constantly Battled and Traded for the short time we knew each other... he moved ;-;

Now I kinda miss school. If only those evil CPS Workers didn't interfere =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Well there are a some people who play the games but I don't think they are really fans.....
    Even in my class I heard a few boys mentioning pokemon but there is no one at my schoool I know that is so much into pokemon as me. I don't have anyone I can talk about pokemon (except my little brother) >_<

I think there are still many people who like pokemon, but they just don't admit it because there are so many others making fun of it. When I was about 10 years I wore Pokemon socks at school and some classmates laughed at me for this.ò.ó I didn't like to wear them at school after this, although I really liked them....
    But now I'm 18 and it doesn't matter to me what people think about me. I'm proud to say that I'm a pokemon fan and if I still had my pokemon socks, I would be wearing them no matter what anyone says.

So with that, I will openly play the game if I get the chance in class. For example, just today we had a substitute in my Calculus class, and we were supposed to tutor lower-level math kids today. Nobody showed up to be tutored, so we had to pass the time somehow. I whipped out my DS and to my surprise, I actually had a crowd surrounding me watching me hatch Careful Grimers. :p
    That happend to me too when I was playing pokemon XD
    I was just trying to catch Dialga and everyone in my Club at School was watching.
    I think I was the first person taking the DS to school. After that many others did it and I even got to trade with someone.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nobody at my school likes it i dont think....unless they don't say anything...but i think im probably the only ones at school that likes it

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I don't think anybody in my school likes Pokemon, sadly enough...

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
  • Yup. A couple of people in my art class. Only my art class though. :/ And if people overhear, they don't say anything. because I'm that cool Because some of them probably secretly like Pokemon to. Maybe. But seriously, I don't really think people at my school care anyway. They're aren't really that many social classes, and it's not hard to be accepted. ^_^

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I feel kinda ashamed to be ashamed of Pokemon, still I don't want to tell anyone except my family and real close friends.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I have no friends at school who like Pokemon. I know a few people who do, but I'd really rather not hang out with them. I have friends who used to like Pokemon, but they laugh at it now. I just go with the flow. :>

Sean

Years
  • well, My friends always mocks people who like pokemon ¬_¬ so I dunno if anyone else likes it x)

Back